GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you and I hope they had a cell phone or phones and that LE has obtained any pings. We have discussed that cell phone coverage is very spotty in those areas of ND and MT so it's possible there wasn't much cell phone coverage at all. Anything would help though I would think.

I keep wondering how LE seems certain that the search area is in northern ND and MT. Why not south of Sidney? Spell was found south of the area in Rapid City.

When I look down the hill where we live, I can see both 85 and 90; 85 is a truck route from Williston to 90 and then on into Rapid. I travel 85 at least 3-4 times a day, to go grocery shopping, post office etc. I posted earlier that the Jefferson Bus Line route, Williston to Rapid City goes through Buffalo, Wy, which is approx. 6 hours drive time from Denver. Spell would/could have gotten off at Buffalo and family could pick him up. Same thing if family bought a plane ticket for him; cheaper to fly out of Denver than Rapid City. One thought here, WHEN did his family know that Waters threatened Spell? Was it Spell's family that has given info to LE?

Spell would have gotten a ride with a trucker from Williston direct to Rapid City.

When I look down the hill where we live, I can see both 85 and 90; 85 is a truck route from Williston to 90 and then on into Rapid. I travel 85 at least 3-4 times a day, to go grocery shopping, post office etc. I posted earlier that the Jefferson Bus Line route, Williston to Rapid City goes through Buffalo, Wy, which is approx. 6 hours drive time from Denver. Spell would/could have gotten off at Buffalo and family could pick him up. Same thing if family bought a plane ticket for him; cheaper to fly out of Denver than Rapid City. One thought here, WHEN did his family know that Waters threatened Spell? Was it Spell's family that has given info to LE?

Spell would have gotten a ride with a trucker from Williston direct to Rapid City.

These days the traffic on 85 is very heavy, more than many Interstates. There are so many trucks on the road that it is a bit scary to be out there. It's very easy to hitch a ride from Williston to Spearfish.

I agree with you and I hope they had a cell phone or phones and that LE has obtained any pings. We have discussed that cell phone coverage is very spotty in those areas of ND and MT so it's possible there wasn't much cell phone coverage at all. Anything would help though I would think.

I keep wondering how LE seems certain that the search area is in northern ND and MT. Why not south of Sidney? Spell was found south of the area in Rapid City.

Coverage in our area is very spotty, but even so if it took 20min. from one ping to another it may be the location they need to look..........and I have wonderd about the Rapid City area aswell......LE doesnt give us much to go on, because they wont release any info, so one can only speculate,it would be a straight shot to glendive onto the interstate.....I cant help but think that these two arent talking, they are lawyerd up at this point and I bet there lawyer wont let them talk,regardless.....

Both of my parents are from Dickinson and I have family all over that area. I can see how they wouldn't be able to tell where they put her. We used to go out to the old family farm near Southart when we were visiting and I don't know how anybody would be able to find it. It all looks the same. And it seemed that it always looked different each time we were there too. As a kid I always used to wonder how they knew we were at the old farm. :waitasec:

It's sad and I hope they can find her and get help narrowing down where she could be. I do think that the best hope is what LE asked. . .for the landowners to check their own property. They would be the ones who would know what to look for and know if there was any disturbed areas. . .strange tire marks, etc.

I hope they find her.

MOO

It says they searched two square miles. Looking up from my computer as I type this and gazing out my window, the view consists of about 50 square miles. The counties involved in this case total over 12,000 square miles, larger than the state or Maryland. Reduced to an area that they could have driven in an hour, the area is only about 6,000 square miles. That is larger than the state of Connecticut.

I understand that. And that was actually the very tail end of the search (if you read one of the many articles available, or if you don't care for the one I posted.) The family was tireless in their search for her, and my earlier post entails what a more practical search for Sherry would like using this case as a guide. There's no need to get snarky, everyone here has a certain level of education, and we're all here for the same reason, because we care about finding this woman.

If these two had cell phones and I dont know if they did,but if so,and the law looked at the pings it may narrow down areas of search. Even a few seconds between pings is crucial... IMO
I found this as I was searching for info on how pinging works.->

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/03/14/understanding-cell-phone-pings/

The problem is that there are thousands of square miles of Montana and North Dakota with no cell coverage. Period. No cell towers, no pings, nothing.

Knowing where they left cell coverage and where they re-entered it would be helpful but not necessarily helpful enough to locate the remains.

They spent two days processing the area that MALE body was found, the investigation is ongoing:

http://www.kpax.com/news/few-details-about-body-found-in-ditch-on-hi-line/

http://sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/01/23/news/breaking_news/doc4f1dc5faf177a054129814.txt

http://sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/01/23/news/breaking_news/doc4f1dbb195efa0447394445.txt

Good grief are they useing a psychic and thats the reason they wont say anything..most of the time there is a little more to go on than this. :(

I hate it when my blondness shows... in my defense I'm also sick and haven't slept... but I am totally missing the psychic reference... :waitasec:

All I see is the description of the area she "may be buried" in... which we had speculated came from a suspect or witness.
That they knew what the area looked like but not exactly where it was.

I can see how that might appear to be a "psychic description" though... but we haven't heard that it is.

http://sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/01/23/news/breaking_news/doc4f1dbb195efa0447394445.txt

The surrounding grassy area may also appear to be matted.
A shelter belt is a line of trees that protects soil from the wind.
Arnold’s body may be buried in a shelter belt that contains mature or rotted trees.

I think 4UIhelp was just expressing frustration at the following quote from the article in today's Sidney Herald:

“The FBI continues to investigate Ms. Arnold's disappearance,” FBI spokesperson Deborah Bertram told the Herald Monday morning. “Because we have an ongoing investigation, I cannot discuss what resources we are using or how many agents are involved.”

Is it remotely possible that the two low lifes had anything to do with the male body they found? How far away is this from where they picked up these two?

They are equally being secretrative about both cases. It makes you wonder.

I'm pretty sure that is what the brother based his search on for his sister (the quotes above on Kristi Cornwall).

Is it remotely possible that the two low lifes had anything to do with the male body they found? How far away is this from where they picked up these two?

They are equally being secretrative about both cases. It makes you wonder.

I am new to this forum. I live in NE Montana and have been following your discussion. I have a couple of things to weigh in on. 1st, the male body found on Friday probably does not have anything to do with the two men in custody for Sherry Arnold's disappearance. A LE friend said he was confirmed alive on Jan 13th in a town over 100 miles away from where he was found. Both Waters and Spells were in custody by then.

The 2nd thing I have been wondering about is the timeline. The judge in CO gave Spells permission to go to Texas on Jan 5th, but didn't one of his relatives state earlier that he had been gone for a couple of weeks?

I'm pretty sure that is what the brother based his search on for his sister (the quotes above on Kristi Cornwall).

He was going off of cell phone records. LE had given him the records and he was using those to decide where to search.

I think it comes down to whether we believe Spell's family and also whether we believe that Spell would have actually waited for the judge's permission to leave CO or would he have just left when he wanted to leave. We know Spell lied about going to Texas so it's not a stretch that he might have left CO before January 5th. On the other hand, Spell's family in my opinion is trying to defend him in the press so maybe they exaggerated the story about when Spell left CO to make it look like he was actually looking for work or doing some work.

I am new to this forum. I live in NE Montana and have been following your discussion. I have a couple of things to weigh in on. 1st, the male body found on Friday probably does not have anything to do with the two men in custody for Sherry Arnold's disappearance. A LE friend said he was confirmed alive on Jan 13th in a town over 100 miles away from where he was found. Both Waters and Spells were in custody by then.

The 2nd thing I have been wondering about is the timeline. The judge in CO gave Spells permission to go to Texas on Jan 5th, but didn't one of his relatives state earlier that he had been gone for a couple of weeks?

Also, wasn't he found in the vicinity of the derailment last week? There would have been a lot of LE activity on that piece of road following that accident. I think that is likely that had a body been in the ditch at that time, someone would have seen it. Therefore he probably ended up in the ditch later in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member