GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus, I remember Mark Eiglarsh saying that Waters had a record that dated back to disco which made me laugh and think, "That's a bit of an exaggeration." But then I thought I saw a record that did go back quite a bit and thought how much I hate it when Defense attorneys are right about something. :)

a question to ponder.....is the time line of kidnapping (at dark) to the time the sun(dawn/daylight) came up.......I dont think these guys wanted to drive fast(fear of being stopped) nor be seen during daylite hours hideing her.......so how much time did they have from there estimated time of kidnapping....not much darkness by 7:40 its pretty light out......could have been north up hwy 16 to culbertson(montana side)or to alexander into williston.....In my opinion, anywhere with in a hour drive(without speeding) from sidney is an area to zone ..... and I hope everyone includeing past culbertson is looking there land over, 1acre or 10,000 check...the family needs her home......

If they were driving around back roads looking for a more secluded location to hide Sherry would they be able to see enough details in the landscape around them to be able to take LE back to the general area?

To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed that they haven't done a grid search or even a search that is less detailed yet structured of that area you are referring to. I know that we've heard reports that formal searches took place through the 12th, but I don't remember seeing pictures or descriptions of those search efforts. For example, when LE and volunteer were searching we received reports that it was very structured with sign ins to track who was searching and saw pictures of people carefully searching areas by walking in a line.

I would think just because he has an allias that any charges with a final disposition would be filed in his legal name. It sounds like he has used these allias and then filed charges under his true idenity.

What I found was in the Clerks' Office. Florida being the Sunshine state that it is, it is all public record.

I can't believe that there has been no updates on this case from the authorites. Just rehashing everything we already know.

Although, some folks think that the male body that they just found is very odd, if it not connected to the Arnold case.

from my understanding the ditch is deep on both sides, I dont know how far down the body was,but i would guess it couldnt be seen from the road..maybe a trucker (up higher) noticed or someone was searching there property and found him.....

I can't find a darn thing on those names, and for some reason what I did find on someone who more than likely was Waters on one of those search sites is no longer there. Weird, weird, weird.

BTW, is that the only list of priors you've seen on W? I thought there were more of them, but I can't seem to find it, so I'm wondering if I'm mistaken. TIA.

There were charges in Breward county from 1996/97. Link

KCQ posted in Thread 2 (255) In KCQ's posts I referenced, there is a long list of priors. Some of the posts with the photos do not have the entire list.

Incarceration History:
Date In-Custody Date Out-of-Custody
09/11/2002 12/21/2003
08/16/2007 03/16/2008
03/26/2009 08/27/2010

The other charges were CO, I believe. I don't think those are available online.
http://www.courts.state.co.us/Administration/Program.cfm?Program=11

If they were driving around back roads looking for a more secluded location to hide Sherry would they be able to see enough details in the landscape around them to be able to take LE back to the general area?

To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed that they haven't done a grid search or even a search that is less detailed yet structured of that area you are referring to. I know that we've heard reports that formal searches took place through the 12th, but I don't remember seeing pictures or descriptions of those search efforts. For example, when LE and volunteer were searching we received reports that it was very structured with sign ins to track who was searching and saw pictures of people carefully searching areas by walking in a line.

I know I mention befor "backroads" but with daylight approaching(wich i didnt think of) they may have stayed on a hwy, and found an approach to pull on to.......alot of us from around here know there is plenty of those, and without gps they may have stayed on HWY 16 to get to williston, so any thing is possble......but also if so , makes me wonder how they ended up on holly?

a question to ponder.....is the time line of kidnapping (at dark) to the time the sun(dawn/daylight) came up.......I dont think these guys wanted to drive fast(fear of being stopped) nor be seen during daylite hours hideing her.......so how much time did they have from there estimated time of kidnapping....not much darkness by 7:40 its pretty light out......could have been north up hwy 16 to culbertson(montana side)or to alexander into williston.....In my opinion, anywhere with in a hour drive(without speeding) from sidney is an area to zone ..... and I hope everyone includeing past culbertson is looking there land over, 1acre or 10,000 check...the family needs her home......

I believe someone posted the sunrise time for January 7th in Sidney in Thread #1 or #2. Sorry, I don't remember off the top of my head who posted it, but if I recall correctly, sunrise was at approximately 7:45 am on January 7th. If Sherry was taken at 6:40 am as the citations state, Spell and Waters had a good 45 minutes or so before it started to get light.

There were charges in Breward county from 1996/97. Link

KCQ posted in Thread 2 (255) In KCQ's posts I referenced, there is a long list of priors. Some of the posts with the photos do not have the entire list.

Incarceration History:
Date In-Custody Date Out-of-Custody
09/11/2002 12/21/2003
08/16/2007 03/16/2008
03/26/2009 08/27/2010

The other charges were CO, I believe. I don't think those are available online.
http://www.courts.state.co.us/Administration/Program.cfm?Program=11

Thank you! :jumping: That was the exact list I saw here, I remember the cheese head now that I see it! :) But they don't list where the incidents occurred :curses:

I missed this too... we could live in our vehicle for a week if we needed to. Food, water, blankets, medicines.
I forget sometimes not everyone is that prepared.

Of course we'd like to avoid doing that if at all possible.
So we have the battery starter (no other vehicle and no outlet required) along with the tow chain and shovel ready to go.

I'm guessing these guys probably were not that smart. But I could be wrong.
You all in the farther reaching states are sooo prepared! I am sooo impressed.
I was a teacher, and knew if there were an earthquake, lockdown, etc., that I would need to be prepared to stay at the school, so I packed extra stuff in my car and on me...so I have extra sweats, socks, tennies, undies, and in my purse I have toohthbursh/paste, meds, and deodarant (-: ) My husband always keeps a lot of bottled water, tools, jumper cables, etc, and we have blankets, flashlights, matches,etc, in our tent trailer. His jeep is 4x4 and is the one we take to go camping and longer distances. We call it our road trip jeep.
But you all have us beat by a mile!

Meanwhile, legal records in Florida, where Waters resided for at least 22 years, showed he was arrested in that state on suspicion of dozens of misdemeanors and felonies dating from 1986 to 2008, and amassed convictions for such offenses as dealing cocaine, burglary and a hit-and-run injury accident.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/17/lester-vann-waters_n_1210268.html

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/k....teacher's.abduction.has.long.criminal.record

When I was looking for the complete list of priors I saw that, I just couldn't find the darn list. I guess we could assume that all of them occurred in Indian County since there is nothing indicating otherwise.

I was just thinking that he would be moving around with the name changes, YKWIM?

All of that seems to have gone out the window once LE had the tip and the suspects were picked up. To me that suggests that LE has information indicating that these two idiots drover around for quite a while before they got rid of the body.

Meanwhile, legal records in Florida, where Waters resided for at least 22 years, showed he was arrested in that state on suspicion of dozens of misdemeanors and felonies dating from 1986 to 2008, and amassed convictions for such offenses as dealing cocaine, burglary and a hit-and-run injury accident.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/17/lester-vann-waters_n_1210268.html

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/k....teacher's.abduction.has.long.criminal.record

My gosh this criminal has been busy! :maddening::banghead:
How did he even find time to do anything else in life...like eat sleep, etc. Unless he had to wait to go to jail to get those "luxuries"!

I believe someone posted the sunrise time for January 7th in Sidney in Thread #1 or #2. Sorry, I don't remember off the top of my head who posted it, but if I recall correctly, sunrise was at approximately 7:45 am on January 7th. If Sherry was taken at 6:40 am as the citations state, Spell and Waters had a good 45 minutes or so before it started to get light.

Sunrise 01/07/12 in Sidney was apparently at 7:45 a.m.

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp

Not enough landmarks around for someone unfamiliar with the area to retrace their steps. Best chance would be if they stopped off to use the restroom, get a drink, etc.. at one of the convenience stores and the security camera's showed a time and if they could vaguely remember where they went from the stopping place. But....I'm sure LE have asked all the open stores around to check their cameras for that time. (there aren't that many stores!!! and of them, not many open at that hour).

My gosh this criminal has been busy! :maddening::banghead:
How did he even find time to do anything else in life...like eat sleep, etc. Unless he had to wait to go to jail to get those "luxuries"!

Yea, think about this...these are the ones that he got caught at. I am sure there is a long lists of the ones he got away with.

Sunrise was at 7:45 on January 7.

Traffic is not that heavy ... I think Boilly commeted on the number of cars in all of Sidney that would have been on the road at that time.

IMO they could have stayed on main roads ... there was no vehicle descriptions and AFAIK, they were not stopping traffic around town.

I don't knnow if the llink below will work, but under the story Missing Montana Teacher Sherry Arnold: Suspects Have Lengthy Criminal Records there were 861 related articles. There may be details about the criminal records ...

Source

You can search for his records here too.
https://www.myfloridacounty.com/ori/search.do

Just put in his name.

Currently, Montana has sole jurisdiction over the aggravated kidnapping charges, since Montana is where the case began. If the investigation results in other crimes committed then the location those crimes were committed would establish who has jurisdiction over those.

As of Thursday, police had not recovered Arnold’s body but had reason to believe it’s in North Dakota. If that’s the case, then depending on the evidence the prosecutors have, the state of North Dakota could have jurisdiction over whatever crimes were committed in their jurisdiction.

And in a twist, if crimes were committed while crossing a state line the federal government may also have jurisdiction.

http://sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/01/21/news/doc4f1b29505388d311497504.txt

I need a huge favor from any one who may can help.. I'm via mobile and try as I may for some reason I cannot get to the people.com photo depicting the field that you all discussed earlier.. If anyone could please post this photo(not sure if it's just one or more) if anyone could post it with a link I'd be forever grateful..

TIA to anyone who can help:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members