Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they not release the results to either of the families or the public that have so desperately wanted answers for years?? I believe the Jane Doe is Cordelia McMinn but Jock Doe I believe is Maxwell "Maxie" Graham. I believe the dates were put in the database computer wrong intentionally. I believe Peter McMinn (so called brother) is actually the original Michael McMinn that ran off with the money and drugs leaving behind his wife with Maxie Graham which was to pick up the drugs in exchange for payment of the drugs that night. When the collectors arrived having no money or drugs, Cordelia and Maxie were killed to make an example out of people who loose their shipment of contraband and drugs and will happen if they do not deliver.

I recently read that the a key evidence in the case was donated to a school to study by students and now have been lost or misplaced. I find it very odd that it was the teeth of Jock Doe that would be send to a college as a learning experiment while the case was still unsolved! The fluted root canal was key in identifying the dentist that that did the work on the subjects mouth whom still practices right here in Sumter County! Now on a personal note, I have become a target of this groups vengeance for knowing to much. I'll be waiting for these false charges to be dropped. Or next I'll start releasing each of your names ! Same goes for the Peg Cuttino murder! JW Andrews And Kenneth Andrews double Murders. Pete Osteen's murder, etc.....Organized crime runs deep in the heart of Sumter SC but when you start playing in lives of innocent people, Most true Americans stand up from their rights to freedom . Especially their right to freedom of speech and due process. Most all serial killers are caught at some point in their life, you are only about 48 hours from being revealed Sir! I will not retreat from your organization!

I wonder if Peggy Cuttino's body was exhumed today if your DNA would still be available to link you to her murder? It is a shame an disgrace that Sumter South Carolina has for 40 years turned their eyes or just looked the other way when it comes to to high power crime! Forgive me but I wasn't made like that!

Has anyone considered Rory Kesinger for Sumter Jane? She went missing 3 years earlier from MA, where she escaped from prison, so the timeline fits. Her criminal history also might explain why she was murdered. To me, the resemblance is uncanny once you adjust for swelling on SCJD.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26809/3

They really do share a resemblance, interesting mp, lots of pics , will keep her in mind for other uids...

I guess I am confused a bit. These two murders happened in 1976. Maxi Graham was listed as missing in 1978.

The first article in the paper I can find about Maxie Graham is dated in "The Item" nearly 8 to 10 years after his disappearance. Maxie's parents were both killed single car accidents 12 weeks apart prior to Maxie going missing. His sisters remained looking for him for years. However, it would be very easy to confuse the numbers 1976 with 1978. The one thing that remains consistence is Maxie went missing August 8th and our John and Jane Doe were found August 9th. Please remember the news alerts were not like they are today! The publics notice of Maxie's disappears probably would go unrecognized for several days or weeks after his death. The resemblance in looks are very strong! Sumter County residences didn't become aware if John and Jane Doe until after their discovery! I can't find one newspaper article within days of their discovery notifying the public of this murder!

They have fingerprints of both women. Should be an easy check.
Would that be an auto ruleout in NAMUS? I assume SCJD's fingerprints would have been checked against the national database, if such a thing existed in '76.

I read an article about Maxie yesterday. I have copied the link below. In the article, it gives Maxie's sisters names and dates. I cannot believe that a family who is searching for their loved one makes a two year mistake about when their brother went missing.

Sumpter may very well be full of organized crime. I personally do believe that somebody there knows something; however, trying to rearrange facts in order to fit the puzzle will not bring the identity of the does to light...imoo.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t4265.htm

Would that be an auto ruleout in NAMUS? I assume SCJD's fingerprints would have been checked against the national database, if such a thing existed in '76.

Not much technology existed in the 70's or 80's. Government database linking from various states and even counties in the same state was non-existent.

If you read your own link in the article it states Maxie was 26 when he went missing in 1978 however if you look at his bithdate it is Jan 14, 1950. (He would have been 28.) This proves my point exactly. Technology has something wrong from 40 years ago. Also knowing this family and living a 1/2 mile from where Maxie Graham lived in Pinewood SC. Was Maxie 26 or 28 when he went missing? Was this intentional misleading? I'm not trying to rearrange facts for a puzzle just trying to see what the facts really are?

This was my reply to Bubblyone.....Sorry should have additional text.

If you read your own link in the article it states Maxie was 26 when he went missing in 1978 however if you look at his bithdate it is Jan 14, 1950. (He would have been 28.) This proves my point exactly. Technology has something wrong from 40 years ago. Also knowing this family and living a 1/2 mile from where Maxie Graham lived in Pinewood SC. Was Maxie 26 or 28 when he went missing? Was this intentional misleading? I'm not trying to rearrange facts for a puzzle just trying to see what the facts really are?

It is possible that the age of "26" is a typographical error in the article. The sisters surely know when their brothers birthday was, and the year he went missing. You could try reaching out to the sisters to be sure...

It is possible that the age of "26" is a typographical error in the article. The sisters surely know when their brothers birthday was, and the year he went missing. You could try reaching out to the sisters to be sure...

Another thought, if the sisters had submitted DNA, it could be compared to the DNA that is supposedly back.

Welcome to Ws SumterSCMurders!

Thanks WS. I have often enjoyed reading post but never joined until now. Responding to Bubblyone: To live this close to the such a dangerous drug organization, I would fear trying to reach out to anyone related to any of the Murders discussed in Sumter, SC. It would be easy for my body to end up in the Manchester State Forest or Wedgefield Woods if it doesnt end up there soon anyway!

To know to much in this neck of the woods can get you jail time or death, especially when you know who is responsible for the murders of Maxie Graham, JW Andrews, 1976 unknown murders, Peg Cuttino, and who hired PeeWee Gaskins as a hitman in Sumter, South Carolina. These people are extremely dangerous, local and state law enforcement covers it all up. They havent released the McMinns DNA test since 2012 and I'm sure it would take an act of congress to get results from anyone else's DNA. This organization involves many gangs and millions in drug money. I have tried to do the right thing and go to the proper authorities however it only seems to cause trouble on myself. Right now I just want these people to leave me alone but until they STOP, I will have my browntown discussions with WS. It is their CHOICE? Sorry about thedu Rant! I would like to thank WS for chance to discuss nearly 50 years of Sumter SC murders on your forum. This has been very interesting.

Thanks WS. I have often enjoyed reading post but never joined until now. Responding to Bubblyone: To live this close to the such a dangerous drug organization, I would fear trying to reach out to anyone related to any of the Murders discussed in Sumter, SC. It would be easy for my body to end up in the Manchester State Forest or Wedgefield Woods if it doesnt end up there soon anyway!

To know to much in this neck of the woods can get you jail time or death, especially when you know who is responsible for the murders of Maxie Graham, JW Andrews, 1976 unknown murders, Peg Cuttino, and who hired PeeWee Gaskins as a hitman in Sumter, South Carolina. These people are extremely dangerous, local and state law enforcement covers it all up. They havent released the McMinns DNA test since 2012 and I'm sure it would take an act of congress to get results from anyone else's DNA. This organization involves many gangs and millions in drug money. I have tried to do the right thing and go to the proper authorities however it only seems to cause trouble on myself. Right now I just want these people to leave me alone but until they STOP, I will have my browntown discussions with WS. It is their CHOICE? Sorry about thedu Rant! I would like to thank WS for chance to discuss nearly 50 years of Sumter SC murders on your forum. This has been very interesting.

Are you trying to tell us you know who killed these people and all these murders are linked to one crime organization? My questions is why hasn't the FBI or CIA tried to take down these people? Maybe local law enforcement hasn't ever reached out for help with this problem due to their involvement. To my understanding upper law enforcement divisions don't get involved unless requested my local departments. Can anyone on WS help this troubled town?

Sorry; I do not feel the man is Maxie. NamUs says the correct date with age; so does Charley Project -
NamUs MP #5595 Maxwell Graham Date last seen August 24, 1978 Age last seen 28 to years old

Do we have anyone in contact with McMinn's case worker Carrie Sutherland?
I will try to speak to Pamela Reed in the next week to see if she knows anything about the Mystery Couple & NamUs

We do not know if it was requested to be compared to Mystery Couple. AS far as I know; MC are either hidden from public in NamUs or not there. VA doesn't list many cases from what I see

I posted 03-17-2013, 08:40 AM #558

Then 08-04-2013, 12:50 PM #575
John McMinn - DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
Cordelia McMinn - DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete

I can see the the DNA is complete on the McMinns but it doesn't tell us if it's the john and Jane Doe of 1976 are the right people. How can we even be sure the DNA sample came from someone in the McMinns Family. They may be just as shady as Sumter County has been through this case! I read the results were send to University of Texas for the comparison. Also a the rocket scientist lost the teeth if Jock doe. Whoever discarded of the Teeth would be suspect #1. Sounds like getting rid of evidence! To send DNA to to Texas and to never get thevresults back sounds like Suspect 2. Whoever burned the KOA records is in the house fire is Suspect #3. Whoever officer lost the gun, recovered from the the Henry guy is Suspect 4. Regardless of who they are the criminals are still alive and well in Sumter SC. They love to make innocent people guilty!

Never underestimate David, he took down Goliath with a ROCK!

Hi I'm looking at the photographs of the two people and wondering whether they could be
Stephen Locke Packard - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/packard_stephen.html
Linda Lee Lovell - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lovell_linda.html
Probably unlikely but they could have spent a couple of years travelling around and ended up in South Carolina in 1976

I agree. One of their traveler checks were used on the 20th; sounds like they were robbed & killed.

Linda Lovell NamUs MP # 9136 has DNA
Stephen Packard NamUs MP # 14418 DNA Status: Initial inquiry underway

Thanks Roselvr - this is the first time I've made a suggestion - I'm from England and not too familiar with American places but am learning! I came across Steven Packard purelyl by chance on the Doe Network update, which in turn linked to Linda Lovell on the Charley project and then I remembered about the Sumter County does - I've checked the likenesses with my work colleagues and they both agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!