Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It means no more new DNA profiles attached to NamUs cases entered in 2017. The funding is what paid for the DNA kits and for them to be processed etc

I'll join in with the emails. These people deserve more chances to have their names given back to them. Not less.

It means no more new DNA profiles attached to NamUs cases entered in 2017. The funding is what paid for the DNA kits and for them to be processed etc
Sh

It's all about the money.....what a world we are living in.....

I'm heart broken to say that “The Office of Justice Programs (OJP), National Institute of Justice (NIJ) has made the decision to discontinue funding for the Using DNA Technology to Identify the Missing award after this year. We're going to need people to write emails to hopefully get the funding back. I'll try to put the info into a blog later.

SBM

Oh this is heartbreaking indeed!! I'm all for helping get emails sent out!

What about this guy

RichardDamasse Riquier

Missing since
April 17, 1973
Year of birth
Age at disappearance
Bio group
White
Eye colour
Brown
Hair
Brown
Height
180cm / 5 ft 11in
Weight
59kg / 130lb

http://www.nampn.org/cases/riquier_richard.html

Take a look....at the eyes and the closed eyes of "jock"

Attachments

• Richard Damasse Riquier.jpg
    Richard Damasse Riquier.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 20
Im not realy sure...but is there a mole between the eyes on the morque fotos?

What about this guy

RichardDamasse Riquier

Missing since
April 17, 1973
Year of birth
Age at disappearance
Bio group
White
Eye colour
Brown
Hair
Brown
Height
180cm / 5 ft 11in
Weight
59kg / 130lb

http://www.nampn.org/cases/riquier_richard.html

Take a look....at the eyes and the closed eyes of "jock"

You can turn him in but his LE are hard to get a hold of. Carl K has been trying to contact them since 2013 because he found a really good match for him.

There is SO much on this particular case, I'm trying to go through it to get acclimated. I just wondered if the Argentinian theory panned out. I can't remember who posted it, but that was the closest resemblance to our missing persons that I have seen, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

They could be from anywhere but in a way they look so Greek to me.....On 20 July 1974 there was a Turkish military invasion of Cyprus and lot of people where killed/went missing and a lot of them are never found (or fleed the Island I guess when you had enough money). If you look at the missing men (most young military men), "Jock" has the same type of face. In the link you can find info on the Greek persons missing from Cypres. In Greece they don't have a wonderful database as Namus or the Doe Network. It's a bit like the Argentinian story... I couldn't find a match unfortunately. Also in Tarpon Springs, Florida there is a huge Greek community.

http://www.missing-cy.org/

Yes, they definitely look foreign. Or maybe i should say "not American." Lol. When I look at them, I totally see the Argentinian possibility, but then I see Italian and I see Greek too. Perhaps Mediterranean is a better description? I just think that the Argentinian theory seems to be the most logical at this point. It would sure explain why nobody has come looking for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry, I'm sure this will have been stated somewhere along the pages - but they past through a campsite didnt they? Did anyone there say if they spoke to them and if they had accents giving away where they grew up?

I believe a guy who met them said that they spoke to the man and he said his name was Jaques and he was from Quebec. Someone correct me if thats wrong.

I believe a guy who met them said that they spoke to the man and he said his name was Jaques and he was from Quebec. Someone correct me if thats wrong.

That was it. Thank you! I wonder if he ever stated their accent?

This case is so old and there have been so many posts, but I seem to recall that the recollection of the person who said he met them at a campground (playing pool, etc) was vague and not able to be confirmed that it was this couple. Not sure if I'm right, just throwing it in. In my opinion, this couple was probably passing through and the theory of a motorcycle involved makes a lot of probable sense. The fact that the murder weapon was ultimately located in the possession of a local, gives even more credence to the possibility that they were killed for their bike and whatever cash they were carrying and were probably picked out for attack at the fruit stand (if that's even true). The most frustrating part of all, is that nobody ever reported these two young people missing -- makes no sense.

If they were from anywhere other than the US or Canada (english-speaking), in other words, spoke with a distinct accent, they would have been remembered IMO. I think we would have heard more about a couple with a heavy foreign accent buying fruit or whatever. When I'm in the south, I get asked where I'm from all the time, "hmm, Michigan" It would have been such a distinctive thing about them that they would have stuck out like a sore thumb. On the other hand, I'm going with the assumption that this case was well publicized at the time and people who may have encountered them saw the news coverage of their murder. Not sure that actually happened.

This case is so old and there have been so many posts, but I seem to recall that the recollection of the person who said he met them at a campground (playing pool, etc) was vague and not able to be confirmed that it was this couple. Not sure if I'm right, just throwing it in. In my opinion, this couple was probably passing through and the theory of a motorcycle involved makes a lot of probable sense. The fact that the murder weapon was ultimately located in the possession of a local, gives even more credence to the possibility that they were killed for their bike and whatever cash they were carrying and were probably picked out for attack at the fruit stand (if that's even true). The most frustrating part of all, is that nobody ever reported these two young people missing -- makes no sense.
Jacques had alledgedly mention being estranged from his father, so his family might not have known he was missing. As for the woman her family may have attempted to report her missing, but in that era, LE probably would have refused to take a missing person's report on an adult if there was evidence of a crime and the relatives didn't know whence she went missing.

*if there was no evidence of a crime.

(Another message board site that I use allows posts to be edited for one year; websleuths gives people 60 minutes to fix typos.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jadea02