Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW French Canadian French can sound really guttural. Possibly why the witness termed the accent heavy.

FWIW French Canadian French can sound really guttural. Possibly why the witness termed the accent heavy.

Oh, the guy at the campground said this? For some reason, I didn't remember reading that -- thanks for bringing it up. I do remember that Jacques tried (and evidently failed) to sell his fancy sapphire ring to the guy.

Yes, French is a guttural language, compared to the other "Romance" languages.

Just read where someone thinks the male doe could be his missing dad. Frank Passafiume missing since April 1976. DNA was submitted in August 2015. I wonder if he has ever been ruled out.

Just read where someone thinks the male doe could be his missing dad. Frank Passafiume missing since April 1976. DNA was submitted in August 2015. I wonder if he has ever been ruled out.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19560/0

85acb4a8c413a63175223556b5974b24.jpg

http://www.nampn.org/cases/passafiume_frank.html

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I know some of you guys had mentioned the possibility that the couple may have been Maria Marta Vasquez and Cesar Lugones from Argentina. Has there been any testing done to see if there is a match?

I have always felt that this couple was killed for personal reasons. They were both shot at a very lose proximity to the back and head, if I am not mistaken. It may very likely be wrong but there is something vengeful the way that they were killed. People who wanted them dead in Argentina had the means to track them down and make sure they are killed.

I know some of you guys had mentioned the possibility that the couple may have been Maria Marta Vasquez and Cesar Lugones from Argentina. Has there been any testing done to see if there is a match?

I have always felt that this couple was killed for personal reasons. They were both shot at a very lose proximity to the back and head, if I am not mistaken. It may very likely be wrong but there is something vengeful the way that they were killed. People who wanted them dead in Argentina had the means to track them down and make sure they are killed.

IMO, it's unlikely. I can't see the two distinct moles in Maria's photos (poor quality, admittedly). But the bigger thing is that Maria had apparently been pregnant before, and the autopsy performed on SC Jane determined that she had never been pregnant.

Yea, but I wouldn't completely rule them out. Plus, there may have been many autopsy reports that have been incorrect. I think a DNA testing should be done to rule them out.

whoever this people were, I don't believe they were killled for their vehicle. It might have been part of it, but I don't think it was the motive.

How about the guy that was arrested months after this couple was found and appeared to possess fhe murder weapon. Who was this person and was he ever questioned? I think I have read somewhere that he was ruled out. Sounds very suspicious to me, you possess the murder weapon and you are ruled out that easily? If he had obtained the gun frombody or some place, were they questioned?

Yea, but I wouldn't completely rule them out. Plus, there may have been many autopsy reports that have been incorrect. I think a DNA testing should be done to rule them out.

whoever this people were, I don't believe they were killled for their vehicle. It might have been part of it, but I don't think it was the motive.

How about the guy that was arrested months after this couple was found and appeared to possess fhe murder weapon. Who was this person and was he ever questioned? I think I have read somewhere that he was ruled out. Sounds very suspicious to me, you possess the murder weapon and you are ruled out that easily? If he had obtained the gun frombody or some place, were they questioned?

I don't have the info in front of me, but his name and info was mentioned a few threads back. Going from memory here , I believe he was arrested for DUI and the gun was found when his car was subsequently searched. The gun was tested and shown to be the murder weapon. The guy was investigated and for whatever the reason, rued out as the killer. Again, going from memory, he claimed he got the gun from a relative. He has since passed away and sadly, the gun was misplaced by LE and lost.

I could be surprised but I think the mystery couple looks nothing like the missing McMinns couple. I've looked at the post mortem pics and I just don't see it. Although it would be nice if it was a match. I can see some similarities in Maria and Cesar with the unidentified couple.

Anneke Adriaansen and one of Jane does post-mortem pics looks so much alike, to me anyways. It gave me chills. But after reading up on it I doubt it's her. The dates off by about 2-3 years.

I don't have the info in front of me, but his name and info was mentioned a few threads back. Going from memory here , I believe he was arrested for DUI and the gun was found when his car was subsequently searched. The gun was tested and shown to be the murder weapon. The guy was investigated and for whatever the reason, rued out as the killer. Again, going from memory, he claimed he got the gun from a relative. He has since passed away and sadly, the gun was misplaced by LE and lost.

Wow! What a shame that the police didn't follow up on that..two people were murdered like this and they are gone without even having their real names with them. Considering the flaws in the investigation I am not comfortable in believing that the person who had the murder weapon was accurately ruled out. If a person claiming that he had gun who in involved in a homicide claims such a thing, there is no way that the police wouldn't question him further to find out who he had gotten the gun from. Sounds very suspicious to me.

I could be surprised but I think the mystery couple looks nothing like the missing McMinns couple. I've looked at the post mortem pics and I just don't see it. Although it would be nice if it was a match. I can see some similarities in Maria and Cesar with the unidentified couple.

Mando, I can see similarities with both... but that doesn't matter. I am not sure if these couples have been ruled out through DNA testing but it would be very vital to know in order to aim the possibilities in the right direction.

Anneke Adriaansen and one of Jane does post-mortem pics looks so much alike, to me anyways. It gave me chills. But after reading up on it I doubt it's her. The dates off by about 2-3 years.

I don't think so. Anneke and he boyfriend were last seen in1979, the Sumter couple was murdered in 1976.

Mando, I can see similarities with both... but that doesn't matter. I am not sure if these couples have been ruled out through DNA testing but it would be very vital to know in order to aim the possibilities in the right direction.

I agree that it would be vital to know regardless!

Could you share the doctor's name? I believe I can get access to ancestry.com at my local library. (My French is poor, so there may not be much that I can do with records from Montreal.)
If you happen to go to the Montreal archives, could you look up Jacques Fiset? He was a well-known dentist back in the 70s--something of a pioneer in prosthodontics--and Jacques had a good deal of cutting-edge dental work.

I read all the posts. When I first wrote I did not know if I could write a name. I haven't seen the doctor's name I found.
There was a doctor in Montreal, Jean-Panet Fauteux, a highly respected surgeon. He was born in 1923. Must have come from a rich family because is brother was a Judge. Maybe the ring with the initials JPF was Jock's father's?

I will go the the Library of Archives in Montreal, I want to look in the birth records. I can look also for Jacques Fiset too.

I submitted Frank. Ruled out

I read all the posts. When I first wrote I did not know if I could write a name. I haven't seen the doctor's name I found.
There was a doctor in Montreal, Jean-Panet Fauteux, a highly respected surgeon. He was born in 1923. Must have come from a rich family because is brother was a Judge. Maybe the ring with the initials JPF was Jock's father's?

I will go the the Library of Archives in Montreal, I want to look in the birth records. I can look also for Jacques Fiset too.

Merci beaucoup! :)

Well, I have been searching online prior to going to the Archives Library next Friday...
There was a dental-surgeon Homere Fauteux (1872-1933) who married the daughter of the 9th Prime Minister of Quebec (
One of their son, Gaspard Fauteux (1898-1963), also a dental surgeon, became Lieutenant governor of Quebec
I will investigate his children's children, as they would have been born around 1946-1958.
I think that being in such a family and not wanted to be a doctor/dentist would be enough to have you disinherited.

So far no link between that Fauteux family and the great surgeon Jean-Panet Fauteux

As for Dr Jacques Fiset, he was on the board of administrators of the [FONT=&amp]Association of Prosthodontists of Canada in 1973 but I can't find any infos other that he died in 2002 (age ?). Anyone has more infos on him so I can search about him, like date of birth?

Also, another thought, lots of children were adopted in the province of Quebec between 1945 and 1960. What if "Jock" was adopted, had poor dental issues and it was fixed by a rich family who adopted him? I hope not because that would be hard to find out, adoption registries, to my knowledge, are not available for research...

[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member