Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing this while traveling... But am I correct about DANA being obtained a few years ago? Can't that point in possible direction to country of origin? Haven't read posts n quite sometime... Forgive me if redundant.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Doing this while traveling... But am I correct about DANA being obtained a few years ago? Can't that point in possible direction to country of origin? Haven't read posts n quite sometime... Forgive me if redundant.

Yes they did, but not much is being said about it except there were no matches in the system.

As I've posted in the past, I have family from the area, who are all sadly passed on.

BUT I remember visiting in the 1970s and anybody not "from there" stuck out like a sore thumb. There were also 2 kinds of people: white and black.

A Greek family ran a local diner, and they were not considered to be "white" by either group. I'm using that specific as an example of why an olive skinned couple, as they've been described, would have definitely stood out there at the time.

My mom is from a Northern state and married my dad (whose family were the ones from there) and their entire lives, they called her "____'s Yankee Wife," and not as a joke at all.

I remember that, but their DNA hasn't been linked or connected to anybody. It's hard to determine country of origin especially if a person is from the US. Most people have at least two ethnic backgrounds, many people have more than that here. America is a melting pot -- it's hard to track people's ethnic identity, yet alone the country of origin. People are basically categorized according to their race and what they look like rather than what they really are, and what they really are isn't always clearly defined.

As I've posted in the past, I have family from the area, who are all sadly passed on.

BUT I remember visiting in the 1970s and anybody not "from there" stuck out like a sore thumb. There were also 2 kinds of people: white and black.

A Greek family ran a local diner, and they were not considered to be "white" by either group. I'm using that specific as an example of why an olive skinned couple, as they've been described, would have definitely stood out there at the time.

My mom is from a Northern state and married my dad (whose family were the ones from there) and their entire lives, they called her "____'s Yankee Wife," and not as a joke at all.

I was in South Carolina a few months ago, and you can still sense the air of hanging bitterness, the feeling of being among people who live in a society that is practically lost in time. I am of specific/unique ethnic background, and I remember being at walmart there and people looking at me strangely, and I had never felt that self-conscious in my life before just strolling at walmart. It was weird and just creepy.

I remember that, but their DNA hasn't been linked or connected to anybody. It's hard to determine country of origin especially if a person is from the US. Most people have at least two ethnic backgrounds, many people have more than that here. America is a melting pot -- it's hard to track people's ethnic identity, yet alone the country of origin. People are basically categorized according to their race and what they look like rather than what they really are, and what they really are isn't always clearly defined.

Yeah, so true. When my middle son had his DNA done for medical reasons, we found out there's 2% Native American somewhere in our family trees, probably mine as Mr. Carbuff is 100% Ashkenhazic Jew. No idea where that came from, but I have enough characteristics apparently that it would probably be noted on a PM. Daughter-in-law, African-American, had hers done at the same time and discovered she was 1/4 white, and the people she thought were her grandparents weren't blood relatives. When she asked her parents, all they said was, "We thought you knew." :p

Appearance can be a clue to ethnicity and ethnicity can be a clue to identity, but it's no more than a possible clue. And in this case there's such an attempt to make it seem like they were from somewhere else that I've always wondered whether at least one of them was, in fact, more or less local. Like outside guy hitting on local girl and somebody didn't like it, that sort of scenario.

The more I think about this the more the theory of robbery perplexes me. Each of them were shot three times! Three times! It was an execution. Their bodies were put on display near I95. No attempts were made to disfigure their faces or conceal their bodies. Somebody was making a point, what was the motive behind it is certainly curious. It may be personal vendetta or something related to their family affiliation. What do you think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We need to get their images circulating on Facebook. I'm sure they have been once before. But more and more people join Facebook every year. Maybe just maybe if we get enough shares someone will recognize them an old high school buddy, a cousin etc.

And it's not to late. If the couple were still alive they would likely be in their mid to late 50's or early 60's. I know plenty of people in their 50's/60's who have Facebook. And Reet Juvetsons case from 1969 was recently solved because an old friend recognized her post mortem photo.

hahaha I'm 50+ and I still have Facebook and use it (almost) everyday....I wouldn't share post mortem pictures on it...my friends would think I'm loosing it....I could share the facebook site dedicated to this couple and share it public....asking people to share it too...

I thought the main purpose of Facebook was to let old grannies like me post pictures of grandbabies and kittens???

Sorry I wasn't very clear I didn't say post their post mortem pictures. I would never do such either. I just meant go to the page where they are mentioned and share.

Mine was supposed to be a joke about age. I have shared their page in the past.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I was in South Carolina a few months ago, and you can still sense the air of hanging bitterness, the feeling of being among people who live in a society that is practically lost in time. I am of specific/unique ethnic background, and I remember being at walmart there and people looking at me strangely, and I had never felt that self-conscious in my life before just strolling at walmart. It was weird and just creepy.

It was probably because you were the first NORMAL looking person they had seen in their Wal-Mart in a while. Having grown up and lived in SC for 35 of my 40 years, I can whole heartedly attest to the strangeness that creeps around Wally World, and its the natives.... I am proud to be from SC, but I will be the first to admit I have seen some strange things in the Mart at 2am, and even stranger at 8pm. ;)

It was probably because you were the first NORMAL looking person they had seen in their Wal-Mart in a while. Having grown up and lived in SC for 35 of my 40 years, I can whole heartedly attest to the strangeness that creeps around Wally World, and its the natives.... I am proud to be from SC, but I will be the first to admit I have seen some strange things in the Mart at 2am, and even stranger at 8pm. ;)

Me as a Dutchie...I have to laugh so hard when I see on Youtube "people of the Walmart". You almost think that every American is very weird.....:laugh: Don't let yourself down....when you are "normal" you would probably stand out in the Wallmart crowd.....

Me as a Dutchie...I have to laugh so hard when I see on Youtube "people of the Walmart". You almost think that every American is very weird.....:laugh: Don't let yourself down....when you are "normal" you would probably stand out in the Wallmart crowd.....

People of Walmart is a joke site. It's where people take photos of various types of strange looking people supposedly shopping at Walmart, but you can see strange people all over the US.

Brainy probably stood out because they do not have people of her heritage there. It would be like me going into an all African American or Chinese area, I'm Hungarian. There are still towns that are not a melting pot

People of Walmart is a joke site. It's where people take photos of various types of strange looking people supposedly shopping at Walmart, but you can see strange people all over the US.

Brainy probably stood out because they do not have people of her heritage there. It would be like me going into an all African American or Chinese area, I'm Hungarian. There are still towns that are not a melting pot

Off course you are right, that's why I have to laugh...not only strange people in US btw...all over the world and actually I like them most of the time, if they are not creepy, if you know what I mean. Did you recently went back to Hungary? Beautiful country. When I lived in the suburbs of Amsterdam I stood out there because I'm white so I know exactly what you and Brainy mean. Our does stood probably out because they were strangers, beautiful and looking kind of wealthy. In my hometown, everybody is still turning heads and looking if you are entering an establishment and you are not from the 'neighborhood'.

Off course you are right, that's why I have to laugh...not only strange people in US btw...all over the world and actually I like them most of the time, if they are not creepy, if you know what I mean. Did you recently went back to Hungary? Beautiful country. When I lived in the suburbs of Amsterdam I stood out there because I'm white so I know exactly what you and Brainy mean. Our does stood probably out because they were strangers, beautiful and looking kind of wealthy. In my hometown, everybody is still turning heads and looking if you are entering an establishment and you are not from the 'neighborhood'.

My parents came to the US in the late 1950's; my father came alone, my mother came with her sister. I have one cousin here; the rest of my family is there. Unfortunately my parents stopped speaking Hungarian in order to learn English; so I can barely speak to my cousin with google translate; to talk to my dads brother I have to find someone to translate the email.

I guess you could say I'm 1st generation Hungarian - American. I was always told they were the 1st to come over but I know that's incorrect because I did my DNA; I have a 4th cousin on my mothers side in the US since the early 1900's which was pretty shocking to me. I guess she didn't know they came over lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper