Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - Pamela Buckley & James P Freund #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was glad to hear that the Sheriff's office waited to release this information. I can't imagine how the surviving family members felt when they got this news AND realized that crime scene and autopsy photos, podcasts, forums like this one and other info have been plastered all over the internet for years. That had to have been extremely difficult to take in and I'm grateful that LE waited and let them have some time to process it all.

I was glad to hear that the Sheriff's office waited to release this information. I can't imagine how the surviving family members felt when they got this news AND realized that crime scene and autopsy photos, podcasts, forums like this one and other info have been plastered all over the internet for years. That had to have been extremely difficult to take in and I'm grateful that LE waited and let them have some time to process it all.
Too bad the connection was never made.

Just woke Up.....Im numb.

When I joined up last night and saw the pics of Pamela (before the announcement) my gut said an instant 'Yes'...and I was a bit Winded. Just had to wait and see...but there was no doubt in my mind. She was stunning, ever since I first found the case and went on a Google deep dive (my first Does Chase) I was floored by how beautiful they both were but especially the personal presentation of both, they were 'Clean', Healthy and cared for (by themselves, not just others) both presented with style. Finding out Pam was a musician/singer links perfectly to her presentation. Vale Pamela

As for James...he was the face I couldnt escape..that Crime scene profile close up.... it haunted me,what went on behind those eyes at the last second? All the Canada and foreign dental work stuff and the fact that his features were absolutely European...wow..yeah Im just sad...but really happy they are going home...its like with orange socks, valentine, buckskin and Denim..... Ive been looking at those faces for so long..but now the sadness at all the time they were lost. (though I am a little sad that they are to be 'split up'...after 45 years side by side..Im choosing not to think about that too much)

Now Im just hoping to see more pics of James..hopefully later images...when he was himself, long hair and chilled....I need it to replace that CS pic in my mind.
Vale James.

Maybe, but the witness was someone, if I recall correctly, who said that James had stayed at a KOA type place where he worked and played pool with him, from Canada, father a doctor, et cetera, but there's no reason to believe that he had anything to do with the murder. He could have gotten him confused with another visitor, or James may have developed a cover story for reasons of his own.

The Canada angle was always debateable and really was just a clue that needed to be ruled out. No one will probably ever know if Mr. Freund was the same man who stayed at the campground or not. But being from Canada could have also been a good cover story to keep folks out of your business ;)

What if said brother only found the gun? What if these people have nothing to do with the murders?

But it seems that the brother gave it to him before the murders. So it doesn’t matter if the brother found it or bought it.

Lonnie (DUI guy) evidently filed off its numbers. That indicates guilty knowledge of some sort. But, was it guilty knowledge of murders, or just a worry that the gun might have been stolen property when he got it?

I haven’t researched it yet, but I’ve seen people on WS saying that ballistics identification—matching bullets back to guns, isn’t reliable. Anyone have info about that at the tips of your fingers? I’d always thought that it was as reliable as fingerprints. And, each person was shot three times. Assuming that the bullets we’re all recovered, that’s a lot to compare.

Just woke Up.....Im numb.

When I joined up last night and saw the pics of Pamela (before the announcement) my gut said an instant 'Yes'...and I was a bit Winded. Just had to wait and see...but there was no doubt in my mind. She was stunning, ever since I first found the case and went on a Google deep dive (my first Does Chase) I was floored by how beautiful they both were but especially the personal presentation of both, they were 'Clean', Healthy and cared for (by themselves, not just others) both presented with style. Finding out Pam was a musician/singer links perfectly to her presentation. Vale Pamela

As for James...he was the face I couldnt escape..that Crime scene profile close up.... it haunted me,what went on behind those eyes at the last second? All the Canada and foreign dental work stuff and the fact that his features were absolutely European...wow..yeah Im just sad...but really happy they are going home...its like with orange socks, valentine, buckskin and Denim..... Ive been looking at those faces for so long..but now the sadness at all the time they were lost. (though I am a little sad that they are to be 'split up'...after 45 years side by side..Im choosing not to think about that too much)

Now Im just hoping to see more pics of James..hopefully later images...when he was himself, long hair and chilled....I need it to replace that CS pic in my mind.
Vale James.

Good morning...wonderful post....I need a picture of James too, for the same reason.

No national database!
True, but one would think the FBI would have checked the Army fingerprint database. If they could not do that, them what use is it? It is irritating, if the right records were checked at the time, this case would have been at least half solved in more like 44 days instead of 44 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn