Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
julianne said:
I've been checking this thread religiously - -I'm just dying to find out any new updates or info on "C". I know that there are certain things that can't be revealed or discussed at this time----just wanted to say that I am eagerly anticipating any news....
Ain't we all... :D

Actually, there are some tidbits that can be revealed:

*Both Anna and C have a small patch of scarring from chicken pox on their face. The exact placement of Anna's scarring is unclear.

*C had a relatively rare oral surgery performed at about age eight. Annasmom had the same surgery at about the same age. It is possible that the reason for the surgery is a genetic trait passed from mother to child.

*C recently recalled a childhood memory of riding a horse with people that were not her family. At first, this did not match up with any memories that Annasmom had. However, when recently rereading her diary from the "bus trip" that the family took prior to Anna's disappearance, Annasmom discovered an entry mentioning how Anna had riden a horse with some friends of the family. (BTW, so some of you won't have to reread a thousand posts to find out about the "bus trip": the family converted an old school bus into an RV and travelled cross-country for several months.)

Obviously, none of this is conclusive, but it does provide additional evidence that we may be heading in the right direction.

Dr Doogie,

Do we get an estimated time frame of when this info might be revealed? is this a days, weeks or months process? Yes, I am curious too! LOL...been wondering... interesting horse story too! :-)

InterestedNHelping said:
Dr Doogie,

Do we get an estimated time frame of when this info might be revealed? is this a days, weeks or months process?
Certainly weeks and probably months. There are certain things that LE want to examine before information can be revealed. This is obviously a difficult time for both C and Anna's family, but the possibility of reuniting a family is worth the wait.

Well spoken! I understand that all too well.

Many blessings to all involved. Courage and understanding are amazing when people truly care.

Wow! I hadn't read this forum in a few days and I am so excited to read this new info!

I will be anxiously awaiting more news about "C"!!!

:dance:

If you are still around.... please let "C" know that we are thinking of her. I hope her new marriage is going well, and that she will finally have a stable family of her own.

Jodibug said:
If you are still around.... please let "C" know that we are thinking of her. I hope her new marriage is going well, and that she will finally have a stable family of her own.
Jodibug, C says thanks for your kind thoughts, and to let you know that all is going well. We are just trying to survive another cold winter here.

I don't contribute much as I don't have much to add, but, I have read every word and Anna's case has so touched me. I have a daughter and can't imagine what Annasmom and family have went through. That said, I pray about this case daily, Anna is on my prayer candle and I so hope that there is a reunion in site.

Dr. Doogie said:
We are looking into a paperwork trail for a significant event that occured in the childhood of C. If we can discover a timeframe for when this event occured, it will help bolster or disprove that C is Anna (if it occured at age 4 or earlier, then C is not Anna. If it occured at 5 or later, then she still may be Anna).

Because of the nature of this event, I am specifically not detailing it to protect C's privacy. She only has the vaguest recollection of it and is unsure of how old she was when it occured. We have a source working on getting information who is in an excellent position to accomplish the task, so we should have some answers to this specific question soon.
Was this the oral surgery?

Shadow205 said:
Was this the oral surgery?
No, it involved a legal issue. The incident appears to have occured some time after 1973, so the possibility that C is Anna remains.

Dr.Doggie I searched all day Yesterday and found this photo ...of Gloria....I am now searching for Goodman.....have you read these threads....the photo to conpair with Sharon.....?????

Tuffy101 said:
Dr.Doggie I searched all day Yesterday and found this photo ...of Gloria....I am now searching for Goodman.....have you read these threads....the photo to conpair with Sharon.....?????
Huh? I am not following your question.

If she's willing to go through all this to find out if she's Anna, why doesn't she just take a dna test and compare it to Anna's mom?

Jodibug said:
Dr. Doogie- is there a DNA test scheduled for "C"?
Dr. Doogie said:
Because LE has requested that certain details of their involvement be kept "off forum", I cannot answer that specific question. I will say that they are looking into all avenues concerning C and other possible solutions in this case. I will update you on those developments as I can.
Reposting in answer to above question...

akgal said:
If she's willing to go through all this to find out if she's Anna, why doesn't she just take a dna test and compare it to Anna's mom?

Who says she isn't willing? Real life isn't like CSI, and DNA comparisons aren't completed in 60 mins or less.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with "C".

ETA: I have no knowledge of whether or not a DNA sample has been, or is scheduled to be taken from "C". However, if they are doing a test, it will take awhile to come back.

If you pay for the test out of pocket, the expected turn around time is 4-6 weeks.

Since Doogie said that LE is involved, I would expect the samples to be processed in a LE lab, which is often quite backlogged and can take several months.

Dr. Doogie said:
Huh? I am not following your question.
In conpairing Photos of Sharon Marshall and Gloria Jean.....and I have many photo web cam taken from Court TV about Sharon Marshall Story. and put up a page for Sharon........Sorry I did not say that right!

Tuffy101 said:
In conpairing Photos of Sharon Marshall and Gloria Jean.....and I have many photo web cam taken from Court TV about Sharon Marshall Story. and put up a page for Sharon........Sorry I did not say that right!
Tuffy, you may want to read thru this forum... as we've stated, Sharon Marshall has been ruled out as being a possible link to Anna. Sharon is actually what started Doogie on his quest in looking for Anna.

There is a lot of information in this forum on Anna and what, to date, has been done and looked into and what direction(s) we may be able to go in search of.

I got that thank you.....I read the info ......... after I posted that photo and I see why.... they do resemble one another.....thank you.....I am sure that most are as I am wanting to know answers to the Sharon Marshall Story......Forgive my jumping in I know all of you at WS have been working on this for along time....and must get some what irrated at a dummmm questions....the research @ WS and the info ....requires much reading....at the dillagent work that has gone on concerning all these Beautiful Children...
Sorry,again.....the pain that these familys are in...doing something no matter how small......may help.....

Jodibug said:
Who says she isn't willing? Real life isn't like CSI, and DNA comparisons aren't completed in 60 mins or less.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with "C".

ETA: I have no knowledge of whether or not a DNA sample has been, or is scheduled to be taken from "C". However, if they are doing a test, it will take awhile to come back.

If you pay for the test out of pocket, the expected turn around time is 4-6 weeks.

Since Doogie said that LE is involved, I would expect the samples to be processed in a LE lab, which is often quite backlogged and can take several months.

Nobody was trying to compare this to CSI, but people are trying to figure out if the mole on one is the same as the mole on another and trying to figure out if she had the same dental surgery as Anna's mom. All I'm saying is if she is willing to have her life, face and medical (dental) records scrutinized by a bunch of strangers on an internet forum, why wouldn't she just give a DNA sample. And as the poster before you answered quite nicely that there were things not allowed to be posted on the forum, maybe this has happened. So thankyou for that answer, and I didn't need the smart *advertiser censored* comment from you, Jodibug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734