Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the draft separation agreement - a few things struck me.

She was not going to do too badly. I am surprised that she had the gumption to hire Alice Stubbs - a pretty high profile attorney and not just roll over and give Brad what he wnated to get the heck out of that marriage.

Please note - I am NOT SAYING that she did not deserve this - as a tagalong spouse who put her career on hold and really decreased her chances for supporting herself, etc.

I am surprised that SHE was the one driving the new(er) X5. That doesn't jibe with Brad always wanting the best - as he was going to get the older 325.

She's also getting the entire disbursement from his 401K. There's a loan against it - but if they were diligent about saving - that could be significant. She's getting the proceeds from the house after the debt is paid. Haven't had time to look and see that the original note on the house was for, but that could be reasonable.

He's also on the hook to pay for private school and a bunch of other stuff.

This agreement looks WAY too kind to Nancy to be agreeable to the Brad portrayed in the affidavits.

Perhaps he knew that she'd never collect on it????? And how much better he would look if the separation agreement wasn't "hostile" or trying to screw her over and looked like he was being very agreeable to taking financial responsibility for his children.......

Hmmmm.......

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/23/3258892/E-mail_to_Cooper_with_separatin_agreement.pdf

Also, look at the 'cover e-mail'
The alimony amount was left blank. I am sure that was a huge thorn in his side...the idea of paying a woman be despised thousands each month for 8 years may have sent him over the edge.

I think he stewed over this financial burden to the point he snapped and decided to kill her....yes, I am leaning toward this murder being planned (not after a fight in a fit of rage)

Thanks for answering. This sure does take a long time doesn't it?

Anyway, I've been searching for the picture of Nancy on Corolla
Island for several hours and can't find it. Since I've spent 5 hours looking I thought it would be okay to ask someone for the
link. If that's not ok, please let me know and I apologize in advance if I've done something wrong.

Thanks so much for responding. I know I should wait longer
than 5 hours but sometimes I get impatient.

Patience is a virtue but I'm not very virtuous I guess :(

Don't know anything about it. Where do you think you saw it originally?

Thanks for answering. This sure does take a long time doesn't it?

Anyway, I've been searching for the picture of Nancy on Corolla
Island for several hours and can't find it. Since I've spent 5 hours looking I thought it would be okay to ask someone for the
link. If that's not ok, please let me know and I apologize in advance if I've done something wrong.

Thanks so much for responding. I know I should wait longer
than 5 hours but sometimes I get impatient.

Patience is a virtue but I'm not very virtuous I guess :(

Bob! Ask away! Sometimes I can't find something and I post and these guys/gals will have me 50 examples what I was looking for in 5 minutes! Please ask for help in locating something if you need it. :D

Anyone know where this picture is??? Can someone repost it for Bob? Nancy on Corolla Island? (I'm looking now too Bob)

Bob! Ask away! Sometimes I can't find something and I post and these guys/gals will have me 50 examples what I was looking for in 5 minutes! Please ask for help in locating something if you need it. :D

Anyone know where this picture is??? Can someone repost it for Bob? Nancy on Corolla Island? (I'm looking now too Bob)

You won't find it here.
Sorry, I deleted it last night at the request of who gave it to me.

After reading the draft separation agreement - a few things struck me.

She was not going to do too badly. I am surprised that she had the gumption to hire Alice Stubbs - a pretty high profile attorney and not just roll over and give Brad what he wnated to get the heck out of that marriage.

Please note - I am NOT SAYING that she did not deserve this - as a tagalong spouse who put her career on hold and really decreased her chances for supporting herself, etc.

I am surprised that SHE was the one driving the new(er) X5. That doesn't jibe with Brad always wanting the best - as he was going to get the older 325.

She's also getting the entire disbursement from his 401K. There's a loan against it - but if they were diligent about saving - that could be significant. She's getting the proceeds from the house after the debt is paid. Haven't had time to look and see that the original note on the house was for, but that could be reasonable.

He's also on the hook to pay for private school and a bunch of other stuff.

This agreement looks WAY too kind to Nancy to be agreeable to the Brad portrayed in the affidavits.

Perhaps he knew that she'd never collect on it????? And how much better he would look if the separation agreement wasn't "hostile" or trying to screw her over and looked like he was being very agreeable to taking financial responsibility for his children.......

Hmmmm.......

Ehhh,........You DO realize this agreement is UNSIGNED.

This 'draft' was typed up April 18, 2008.

That's about the time that he'd told Nancy to get out, take the kids and go to Canada.

Arrangements were made, her friends helped her pack-up.

Still NO SIGNED document.

Suddenly HE changes his mind, confiscates the kids passports and refused to give Nancy $$.

Nancy then told her friends the divorce was on hold pending approval of her green card through Cisco.

There's a new 'friend' of Nancy's emerging. Seems Nancy was growing 'afraid' of Brad and sleeping in her clothes, with the children, and the door locked.

I'm seeing a pattern here. :rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

Does the separation agreement mean that she was going to get all this? Or was it her first proposal - then he comes back with a counter offer? Just cause it was proposed doesn't in any way mean that that was what she was going to get.

It appears that it's pretty much ready for signature - not a first volley. But - I just can't see Nancy - in her state of being controlled this badly - being this aggressive in a separation agreement - good attorney or not. they were WELL into the process - picked a realtor, talked of decluttering, etc.

Something does not sound right. Brad's attorney let this out because it made him look good. And it certainly doesn't mesh with what everyone has been saying about him....

My ex was also controlling. I gave up pretty much everything just to get the heck out. I was working, made decent money and was still so desperate to leave, we just used one attorney to save money..... let him stay in the house and I still paid 1/2 the mortgage, etc.

Does the separation agreement mean that she was going to get all this? Or was it her first proposal - then he comes back with a counter offer? Just cause it was proposed doesn't in any way mean that that was what she was going to get.

You've got that right, didn't mean she was going to get it.

Maybe that's why it is UNSIGNED.

Oh, yeah, and that was "Draft 2."

Obviously SOMEBODY already rejected Draft 1.

Just sayin,
fran

I am far from a geek but I can explain it to you.

Depending on the system and the VOIP phone you can make remote calls. NOW WAIT before people just read that and say he did it.... If this was Vonnage or something like that no he cant but if he had Cisco VOIP phone and service he could...again wait before saying he did it.

I will try and make this simple as possible. The phone registers to a CM (call Manager) It registers with this Call Manager with both a mac address and an IP address. From the Call manager you can make calls for a particular phone. We do it all the time for testing. That said... Not only does he have to log in to a highly secured CM...which I am sure he can... he can only log in with his credentials. Not only would it log his being on that CM at a given time. IF he did make a call from the Call manager its impossible to hide that the call came from the CM. So yes he can make the call but he can not hide where it came from. So example if the call comes from the house the request is sent to call manager. Then the Call manager routes the call to the appropriate carrier for the number requested. Theres is no way to hide it if he made a remote call believe me.
What if someone were to set call-forwarding on their phone(#1) to the phone number of phone(#2)? Then someone calls phone(#1) from phone(#3)?
To phone(#2), it looks like a call from phone(#1).
Then, someone erases any logs that may have been made...

Does anyone know if multiple affidavits from friends and family are common' in divorce custody disputes ?

All of this seems like overkill to me.

Does anyone know if multiple affidavits from friends and family are common' in divorce custody disputes ?

All of this seems like overkill to me.

This is not a divorce custody dispute...it's a custody dispute. And since the wife/mother was just murdered and a question of the father's mental stability has been raised, then I'd say yes, it's common in this type of case for there to be multiple affidavits to support ea. side.

Thanks so much for all of your wonderful help.

I apologize if I've been too much trouble.

Please accept.

This is not a divorce custody dispute...it's a custody dispute. And since the wife/mother was murdered then I'd say yes, it's common in this type of case for there to be multiple affidavits to support ea. side.

Do you think i'm an idiot sleuthyGal :waitasec:

I realize this is not a divorce custody.

I was asking if it were also common in a divorce where custody was challenged.

Does anyone know the answer to my question ?

OK, I think I've read the affidavits that were added since I read yesterday. It appears some of NC's friends are confirming that BC did in fact do laundry (b/c NC wouldn't do it after things went really sour). Also, a friend says she got $80/week and another says $300/week. The $300/week obviously jives w/ BC saying he gave her $1200/month.

Obvioulsy they had some rights in this country. I find it mind boggling that they could come here from another country and take his children! With no real grounds!

But now they're all jumping....
It's just kind of fishy and seems like a witch hunt to me

I would imagine that NC's parents are pained that they "hadn't done more" and of course "they're all jumping...." so as not to make that mistake with the grandchildren.

Having a sister and nephew who were fortunate to get out of a life-threatening situation and marriage I applaud NC for having gained the courage to take a stand.

Someone earlier posted the classic characteristics of a narcisist (sp?) but what wasn't posted was a list detailing the kind of emotional toll it takes on the SO (non gender-specific). You don't know how would react.

You're statement assumes that NC was forthcoming with all of these details for the duration of her relationship with BC when it may have taken her years to realize she herself was a valuable human being.

Sometimes having children empowers women to find that strength.

OK, I think I've read the affidavits that were added since I read yesterday. It appears some of NC's friends are confirming that BC did in fact do laundry (b/c NC wouldn't do it after things went really sour).....

Alot of times if the laundry goes sour, you can just
do it again and put some vinegar (white) in with it,
and it will freshen right up. I had a friend who threw it
all out because she forgot it was in there, but that's kind
of ridiculous if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online