Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crossing Kildaire Farm Rd. to get to HT takes forever sometimes because of the stoplights. In reality, Lowes in much closer timewise...and in this scenerio, time was of the essence. Yes, HT could be there regular grocery store, but he supposedly wasn't in a "regular" situation...unless he thought ahead and realized it would be "odd" that his credit card didn't normally have any Lowes purchases. However, from the dump site, you are right; the stores are pretty much the same distance. It's just the HT would be farther from home, which means the kids are home alone longer.

In Brad's affidavit he said he went to HT, at Waverly Place, which if I understand it, the HT is in the Crescent Commons which is across the street actually - is that right ?

Crossing Kildaire Farm Rd. to get to HT takes forever sometimes because of the stoplights. In reality, Lowes in much closer timewise...and in this scenerio, time was of the essence. Yes, HT could be there regular grocery store, but he supposedly wasn't in a "regular" situation...unless he thought ahead and realized it would be "odd" that his credit card didn't normally have any Lowes purchases. However, from the dump site, you are right; the stores are pretty much the same distance. It's just the HT would be farther from home, which means the kids are home alone longer.

Personally, My family shops at HT.....very loyal.
I hate Lowes foods

At the end of the day, I guess it does not matter. Picking HT over Lowes (1/2 mile further) means nothing.

Hmmmm....regarding her cell phone....

This may mean nothing at all, but I wonder if HIS fingerprints are all over that cell? Or if there could be any other/forensic evidence (microscopic) left on her cell phone.

Did he personally hand Nancy's cell phone over to police? Or did the police 'reach' into Nancy's car to retrieve the phone?

WHO last touched Nancy's cell phone?

Bet LE knows.

Oh, I didn't know that! I was thinking of the need for it in case of an emergency ~ like an injury or something. :)

As a runner, I take my cell phone if I'm running and a sitter is w/ my kids. If husband is home w/ the kids, I normally wouldn't take it.

2 mins vs 4 mins according to mapquest. I often bypass the closer Food Lion to go to the HT. I think if it was the store he normally frequented, he'd go there.

HT's website shows it's 24hrs (I know the point is moot if he was going in the 6am hr and Lowe's opens at 6am).
He may not have known Lowes was open that early if he didn't shop there regularly...and didn't want to waste extra time in case it wasn't.

In Brad's affidavit he said he went to HT, at Waverly Place, which if I understand it, the HT is in the Crescent Commons which is across the street actually - is that right ?

That's correct. The HT used to be at Waverly Place. It moved across the street to Crescent Commons years ago. I mentioned previously that many still refer to it as Waverly Place (or at least many people I know).

As a runner, I take my cell phone if I'm running and a sitter is w/ my kids. If husband is home w/ the kids, I normally wouldn't take it.
Well then, that would fit in just with what Nancy supposedly did, according to Brad. I'm really beginning to wonder if he didn't kill her, but then who would have? :eek:

Ok, here's where it doesn't make sense to me ~ if he killed Nancy. He's out at the store at 6am to cover up disposing of her body. He then fakes a phone call from her to his cell at 6:40am telling him to get laundry detergent while he's actually back at home then goes out again and gets it? Wouldn't he risk someone have seen him leaving the house again?

No, he said he went at 6:15 to get milk.

When he came home , he forgot the detergent and headed back.
Thats when he said Nancy called from home at 6:40 am to ask him for juice.

I think he left the 2nd time at 6:40 , as he thought the 'call' from Nancy would prove she was alive at 6 :40 (she was in fact dead)

So if this woman is sleeping in the kids room with her keys in her pocket, does anyone really believe her cell phone was locked outside in her car ?

Not me.
Someone who needed that "lifeline" wouldn't have left it where they couldn't get to it, imo.

No, he said he went at 6:15 to get milk.

When he came home , he forgot the detergent and headed back.
Thats when he said Nancy called from home at 6:40 am to ask him for juice.

I think he left the 2nd time at 6:40 , as he thought the 'call' from Nancy would prove she was alive at 6 :40 (she was in fact dead)
Oops, I got the detergent mixed up with the juice. It was the juice trip I was referring to. He's still making too many trips in and out of the driveway, imo, if he's the one who faked the call from Nancy at 6:40am, since he should have been out at that time.

Oops, I got the detergent mixed up with the juice. It was the juice trip I was referring to. He's still making too many trips in and out of the driveway, imo, if he's the one who faked the call from Nancy at 6:40am, since he should have been out at that time.

The 2nd trip was detergent and she 'called' him at 6;40 for the juice too....remember it is < 5 minutes away to the store.
Make the call at 6:40 and arrive at the store at 6:45....convenient time-line huh ?

Someone who needed that "lifeline" wouldn't have left it where they couldn't get to it, imo.

I agree - IMO that cell phone would have been right in the same room with her not locked outside in the car overnight. But yet for some reason that phone is reported to have been in the car that morning. Quess it is possible she threw it in there on her way out to run, or someone else put it in there, or it wasn't in the car at all. Hopefully LE looked when they arrived at the Cooper residence that afternoon.

I agree - IMO that cell phone would have been right in the same room with her not locked outside in the car overnight. But yet for some reason that phone is reported to have been in the car that morning. Quess it is possible she threw it in there on her way out to run, or someone else put it in there, or it wasn't in the car at all. Hopefully LE looked when they arrived at the Cooper residence that afternoon.

If Brad killed her, why would he place her phone in the car ?
Or why would he say it was there when it was in the house ?

The 2nd trip was detergent and she 'called' him at 6;40 for the juice too....remember it is < 5 minutes away to the store.
Make the call at 6:40 and arrive at the store at 6:45....convenient time-line huh ?
Yes it would be as long as the neighbors didn't see him leave the house between 6:40am-6:45am ~ which it seems they didn't. I have too many neighbors out and about on Saturday morning! Two weeks ago the ones next door were having a garage sale and sat out in the front yard all day. Too bad that didn't happen with Brad that Saturday!

Has Jessica Adam confirmed the normal time for their training runs? I know that it has been stated that Nancy's norm was to go to Java Jive and run from there. I just am curious if her normal run time was when BC was home w/ the girls or if she had a sitter/friend watch. I would also like to know how long the training routine has been going on.

I know some of the affidavits state that BC was an absentee father and did nothing to help w/ the kids. And I know that some say that he had become more involved in the past 2 months. So, I'd just like see if the training routine had changed to match that timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm