Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - IMO that cell phone would have been right in the same room with her not locked outside in the car overnight. But yet for some reason that phone is reported to have been in the car that morning. Quess it is possible she threw it in there on her way out to run, or someone else put it in there, or it wasn't in the car at all. Hopefully LE looked when they arrived at the Cooper residence that afternoon.
My DH works nights and I have both the cellphone and landline phone in the bedroom ~ just in case of an emergency either with him at work or something at the house. Even when he's home the cell phone is there just out of habit. I can't figure out though why Brad would've put hers in the car unless he used it.

Yes it would be as long as the neighbors didn't see him leave the house between 6:40am-6:45am ~ which it seems they didn't. I have too many neighbors out and about on Saturday morning! Two weeks ago the ones next door were having a garage sale and sat out in the front yard all day. Too bad that didn't happen with Brad that Saturday!

panthera, he wanted to be seen leaving again at 6:40.
Presumably, he has video and a paper trail to prove he was at the HT both times he said

If Brad killed her, why would he place her phone in the car ?

That seems to be my question as well. Someone told Jessica it was in the car, why tell that? Why would she tell the 911 dispatcher it was in the car if someone hadn't told her it was?

In the Maps thread - post 10 shows a map of the locations - does that look correct to you ? The HT is one major road over due west of the Cooper residence.
Yes...but look at Mahmoo's map. See Tryon Rd. in the upper left-hand corner? THAT is where Lowes is. Much closer driving-wise because you don't have to wait long at the one and only stoplight. This is something you have to take my word for. I am a creature of convenience, and when I want something fast, I go to Lowes.

panthera, he wanted to be seen leaving again at 6:40.
Presumably, he has video and a paper trail to prove he was at the HT both times he said
OK ~ I think I'm getting this figured out! I can see the video/paper trail at the store but not wanting to be seen leaving the driveway at 6:40am when he wasn't supposed to be home unless he's saying he just pulled into the driveway when she called and he backed right out. That possibility would also work with the landline phone!

That seems to be my question as well. Someone told Jessica it was in the car, why tell that? Why would she tell the 911 dispatcher it was in the car if someone hadn't told her it was?

She got no answer from her cell.
When she called Brad at 9 am, she told him that fact...I guess his response was it was in the car....good excuse for him to not hear the rings and answer it.

If my wife were out w/o her phone and it rang, I would answer it if I knew the caller.

Maybe during the "altercation" she ran outside with her cell and tried to lock herself in the car to call 911!

OK ~ I think I'm getting this figured out! I can see the video/paper trail at the store but not wanting to be seen leaving the driveway at 6:40am when he wasn't supposed to be home unless he's saying he just pulled into the driveway when she called and he backed right out. That possibility would also work with the landline phone!

remember, he said he returned home and then remembered he forgot the detergent. He then left again, conveniently receiving a call from Nancy 'proving' she was alive at 6:40

Yes...but look at Mahmoo's map. See Tryon Rd. in the upper left-hand corner? THAT is where Lowes is. Much closer driving-wise because you don't have to wait long at the one and only stoplight. This is something you have to take my word for. I am a creature of convenience, and when I want something fast, I go to Lowes.

How long would it take if he took Lochmere around to Kildaire Farm Road? It goes all the way through, right (going on memory)?

I have no problem with your word. But it makes one think, why go to Harris Teeter when one could have stopped at the Lowes if it was open. Unless he too was a creature of habit and always went to Harris Teeter ?

But wouldn't it make sense if you had just dumped a body off Fielding Road - it would be more convenient to go to HT - left and a right instead of going back by the house and around on Tyron Road ?

When he came home , he forgot the detergent and headed back.

Regarding the IMMEDIATE need for laundry detergent: I'm curious if an empty laundry detergent box/bottle was found anywhere in the Cooper garbage? What day is their garbage pickup? If they had just run out of detergent (and one would assume this had to have happened sometime in the last 2 days) then where is this empty container? Was it in the laundry room garbage? Or in the bin outside? Did they recycle? How often was laundry done in that household? I'm assuming often with 4 people (2 little kids).

What type was purchased? Is it the SAME type/brand they always purchased? Was it different? And if yes, how so?

Maybe during the "altercation" she ran outside with her cell and tried to lock herself in the car to call 911!

I don't know, but I suspect she would have made the call if that were the case...in addition to blowing the horn

Regarding the IMMEDIATE need for laundry detergent: I'm curious if an empty laundry detergent box/bottle was found anywhere in the Cooper garbage? What day is their garbage pickup? If they had just run out of detergent (and one would assume this had to have happened sometime in the last 2 days) then where is this empty container? Was it in the laundry room garbage? Or in the bin outside? Did they recycle? How often was laundry done in that household? I'm assuming often with 4 people (2 little kids).

What type was purchased? Is it the SAME type/brand they always purchased? Was it different? And if yes, how so?

It was said Brad was forced to do his own laundry since April, as Nancy refused to handle his.

one friend said his sheets were 'yellow' from not being changed :eek:

It was said Brad was forced to do his own laundry since April, as Nancy refused to handle his.

That couldn't have made him happy that Nancy used all the detergent up then :crazy:

remember, he said he returned home and then remembered he forgot the detergent. He then left again, conveniently receiving a call from Nancy 'proving' she was alive at 6:40
Got it! Thanks so much for helping me decipher these trips. :) I do think it's possible he could've even had the landline phone in the car and in the driveway he'd be able to call his cell.

WELL then...if this is true, does it make sense that Nancy would have any conversation w/Brad about him picking up laundry detergent? I mean if he's on his own with that...then why would Nancy bother talking to him about it. That doesn't make sense to me.

AND....if Brad is okay with his sheets being 'yellow' from not being washed, then WHAT WAS THE URGENCY to having to get laundry detergent at/around 6am on Saturday morning?

Does this raise the 'HINKY FLAG' for anyone else?

I mean I don't think they can have it both ways... :confused:

I have no problem with your word. But it makes one think, why go to Harris Teeter when one could have stopped at the Lowes if it was open. Unless he too was a creature of habit and always went to Harris Teeter ?

But wouldn't it make sense if you had just dumped a body off Fielding Road - it would be more convenient to go to HT - left and a right instead of going back by the house and around on Tyron Road ?

From the map though, it still would appear that Lowes is closer to where the body was found (haven't mapquested distances though). You're right though, no doubling back if that would've been a consideration.

My guess is that HT is where he normally shopped. If he used his VIC card, it could be checked to see how often he shopped there. Also, if he paid routinely w/ a debit/credit card it would show on those records (even w/o a VIC card). Also, he may have known HT was a 24 hr shop and not been sure that Lowes would've been open that early.

It takes longer to drive down Lochmere Dr...it's the whole length to Kildaire Fm Rd. Then he has to make a right and go a ways up to HT on the left. Two stop lights. If he goes out Tryon and up to Kildaire, he'd turn left then right into HT...three stop lights. (he wouldn't enter from Tryon at the Walmart end because he'd have to snake through the long parking lot) Lowes is 1 stoplight and, at that time of day, a 1 to 2 min. drive at most. It's within walking distance. Lot's of middle schoolers from our end of Lochmere walk to that corner to catch the bus for magnet schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm