Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
d99gr81 stated:"What if she was jogging on HS road and got hit by a car... the person quickly got out saw that she was dead, threw her into their car and continued down HS road and took fielding knowing if was deserted back there and left her there? That fact that LE is out passing flyer's for more information."
I've had the same thought when reading posts about Holly Springs Road. If only we knew the autopsy results. Unless there is proof that she was strangled, or search of the home provided other proof that death occurred in the home, this might explain the police handing out fliers on HS road Sat. am. Another explanation is to see if anyone saw either of their cars in the area prior to/post Brad dumping the body. Is this theory too far-fetched???

OK I guess I will explain this again. The Cisco VOIP phones are not like what you would use for Vonage. Vonage has a base that you can plug two regular phones into it. Cisco phone is the phone theres no adding lines..you add another phone to a data connection. OK here is how it goes. You take the Cisco phone and plug it into you Ethernet port where you normally plug you NIC for you computer into then you you take you computer Ethernet cable and plug that into the phone. The phone registers itself with the Call Manager (which is not a program but a device) It registers itself with the CM with its MAC Address. It in turn gets an IP address which allows access. That IP address is then assigned to the computer so it too can have access. many of you don't want to accept what I tell you and thats fine but I do this for a living. I assure you Fran there is NO way he can change the records. Anything deleted on the CM will be logged and he would never have the access to delete the LEC's records.

There are a few of you who have no open mind and have him guilty from the start. Many take rumors and roll with them as fact. Hey thats you prerogative. Truth is we know nothing as far as hard evidence. Everything on here is wild speculation. As for saying anything negative about NC because she was killed...sorry but he is defending himself to keep his kids... I would do the same. I have been where he has been and I can absolutely agree with defending his fatherhood and the right to keep his children. He is in a no win situation with those who have him hanging from a noose already. He doesn't say a thing and the people that bet their farms on him not fighting will say "see I told you he wouldn't even fight for them!" When he does fight for them unlike many of you thought he would...its "OH how dare he say anything bad about Nancy!"

The purse... boy I tell you I cant believe that is getting as much work as it is. My ex left her purse in the car all the time...I leave my wallet in their as well. Some people do some don't...depends on the neighborhood or if in a garage ..whatever. Not much focus is on the purse costing 1200 dollars though. Just about how he supposedly controlled... not very controlling sporting that kind of purse. He has receipts for the 45k in debt that was rang up on their credit cards. Its plain and simple to prove.

He may or may not have killed his wife. But NOTHING we have heard proves at thing. We have not one shred of hard evidence that has been made public. So I for one refuse to run with wild theories because he is a man and a husband and thats who it usually is. I refuse to stereo type to make myself feel better. Sorry if I seem snippy but frankly it scares me if I ever need a fair shot at proving myself one day.

I agree with you 100%. I understand that 80 to 90% of these cases end up with the husband guilty but some here have Brad convicted already. CarolinaLady has done a great job analyzing many statements from neighbors that just do not add up. I really believe that many statements have been overexaggerated. Mr. Cooper is cooperating fully and his statements are very direct. If he is lying, it will be a piece of cake for police to tear him apart. There have been so many odd unsolved murders in North Carolina and I think we should wait until information is released before we say too much good or bad.

There are a few of you who have no open mind and have him guilty from the start.

The purse... boy I tell you I cant believe that is getting as much work as it is. Not much focus is on the purse costing 1200 dollars though.

Lets see..I have never said he was guilty. I have been on the fence the whole time waiting for some facts to come out. My very 1st post I did say "I think the husband might have some involvement." This morning I posted some are wondering if she had someone else since she stayed out late at night. Again, I AM ON THE FENCE about BC.

We have talked about a $1200 purse today, trying to figure out who's item it actually was.

Sometimes you have to take the puzzle piece by piece to get the picture. I would say this involves the purse and cell phone as well. Do you know if it was normal for NC to leave her purse in the car? Do you know if she carried her cell phone for her jogs? NO...none of us do. This is why we are here trying to put our heads together since these 2 items I assume are significant in the investigation. These 2 items were noted in the media so it is being discussed. If the vacuum was was mentioned we would be talking about that as well.

It is all small talk at the moment since we have NO new news. What would you expect us to be discussing since nothing breaking has come to light?:confused:

Good, I am glad to hear someone reporting in on this. Do you know if a dog was used to attemp to try and track her from her home ( last place she was known to be)? If they were able to pick up her scent and follow her from there? Was this tried? What happened? I can't believe the media has not had much more to say on this subject.

Just to add to wirehair's post:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3197372/

"National Guard pilots, police dogs and friends searched Sunday for a jogger who went missing a day earlier. Officers out here on foot, we've had a great number of those out here. We've had K9 out here," Capt. Michael Williams said. "We have had assistance from the National Guard that have flown routes for us in helicopters."

Ah, d99gr81, I too am not ready to find him guilty. I am a degreed computer scientist and my hubby is a "phone man" and we also find the fact that he could pull that off ridiculous from the get go, so I am more than ready to believe you :)

There is so little you are going to get away with system wise without leaving a trail. As it seems you all have seen before with the cases I have heard mentioned where cell towers brought people down. This same data trail would follow Brad as well and he would certainly know a data trial would live. More reason I would think he didn't lie about those records.

OK I guess I will explain this again. The Cisco VOIP phones are not like what you would use for Vonage. Vonage has a base that you can plug two regular phones into it. Cisco phone is the phone theres no adding lines..you add another phone to a data connection. OK here is how it goes. You take the Cisco phone and plug it into you Ethernet port where you normally plug you NIC for you computer into then you you take you computer Ethernet cable and plug that into the phone. The phone registers itself with the Call Manager (which is not a program but a device) It registers itself with the CM with its MAC Address. It in turn gets an IP address which allows access. That IP address is then assigned to the computer so it too can have access. many of you don't want to accept what I tell you and thats fine but I do this for a living. I assure you Fran there is NO way he can change the records. Anything deleted on the CM will be logged and he would never have the access to delete the LEC's records.

There are a few of you who have no open mind and have him guilty from the start. Many take rumors and roll with them as fact. Hey thats you prerogative. Truth is we know nothing as far as hard evidence. Everything on here is wild speculation. As for saying anything negative about NC because she was killed...sorry but he is defending himself to keep his kids... I would do the same. I have been where he has been and I can absolutely agree with defending his fatherhood and the right to keep his children. He is in a no win situation with those who have him hanging from a noose already. He doesn't say a thing and the people that bet their farms on him not fighting will say "see I told you he wouldn't even fight for them!" When he does fight for them unlike many of you thought he would...its "OH how dare he say anything bad about Nancy!"

The purse... boy I tell you I cant believe that is getting as much work as it is. My ex left her purse in the car all the time...I leave my wallet in their as well. Some people do some don't...depends on the neighborhood or if in a garage ..whatever. Not much focus is on the purse costing 1200 dollars though. Just about how he supposedly controlled... not very controlling sporting that kind of purse. He has receipts for the 45k in debt that was rang up on their credit cards. Its plain and simple to prove.

He may or may not have killed his wife. But NOTHING we have heard proves at thing. We have not one shred of hard evidence that has been made public. So I for one refuse to run with wild theories because he is a man and a husband and thats who it usually is. I refuse to stereo type to make myself feel better. Sorry if I seem snippy but frankly it scares me if I ever need a fair shot at proving myself one day.

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge of th Cisco VoIP system.

As I've stated, I didn't get the same feeling about BC as I have about numerous other spouses in murder cases. I'm just not sure. I'm waiting to see what is confirmed/refuted in his statements.

As for his training log. Another poster searched to see if BC actually registered for any of those triathlons. He had not. Now, as far as his "training" log. I don't know. His last blog entry was from Jan 2008. I didn't go back through his training log, but I do recall there being some actual time logged for this year. I guess some of that can be perception. Maybe BC didn't feel the amount of exercise he did amounted to "true training." Him not participating in events in 2008 and the lack of blog entries regarding training past that January entry does seem to match w/ #69 of his affidavit. Of course, he obviously did some exercise towards his goals and that definitely contradicts his statement in the rebuttal affidavit.

I agree with you 100%. I understand that 80 to 90% of these cases end up with the husband guilty but some here have Brad convicted already. CarolinaLady has done a great job analyzing many statements from neighbors that just do not add up. I really believe that many statements have been overexaggerated. Mr. Cooper is cooperating fully and his statements are very direct. If he is lying, it will be a piece of cake for police to tear him apart. There have been so many odd unsolved murders in North Carolina and I think we should wait until information is released before we say too much good or bad.

I agree that it appears BC is cooperating fully. I want nothing more then to see the 2 little girls raised by at least 1 natural parent since the other is not alive. He needs to fight for them, they are his children. If he is the person he states and innocent I want to see nothing more. If he is the person NC friends have painted of him, then I do NOT think it is in the childrens best interest.

Two days ago someone (who knows nothing about the case) looked at the affidavits. All that was said, "the court will have a hay day with the paintiffs." Most everything is 'hear say' and they are all over the map on their stories. Example is, NC had $50, $80, $300 a week. They all seem to think he left for a long trip to Europe, he proved that wrong. JA claims there was NO boat show when actually there was. It appeared to this person the friends had days to compare stories and reminisce taking bits and pieces of the conversations and trying to make them truth.

As for the affidavits.....there certainly are some lies in them. It will all come out who is being truthful in them.

I don't know who has BC guilty without doubt, but they are entitled to their opinion. Me, I am on the fence patiently waiting.

BTW, any one else here in town heard the stabbing rumor? I realize it is just pure rumor, but I heard it from multiple places last week and I saw it on the board here yesterday. It is all over with people I talk to, but I have no proof or anything. I was just wondering how much steam it has built?

BTW, any one else here in town heard the stabbing rumor? I realize it is just pure rumor, but I heard it from multiple places last week and I saw it on the board here yesterday. It is all over with people I talk to, but I have no proof or anything. I was just wondering how much steam it has built?

Wasn't the person who posted it on here yesterday saying it was being spoken about at Cisco? Let me go look and see if I can find it.

It was, the one I read yesterday said it was at Cisco. But I have heard it from places outside Cisco, one was also in the park (RTP for the out of towners) and one from downtown Raleigh (where I work), but they may all stem from the same place. I just found it weird I heard it and then it was on the board. But, I do guess many of us live in the same town and know people at Cisco...

I believe last week there was a rumor about blunt force trauma, not saying the poster who posted that was wrong and not meaning to be disrespectful in any way to them. There are going to be such rumors until LE releases the COD. Right now COD could be any number of things. IMO for LE to reclassify as a homocide in such short order after finding Nancy, the COD was pretty easy to determine despite the condition of the body.

Respectfully, there are just over 13,000 members on this board, they come not only from the United States but from around the world. One of the intents of this forum is to sleuth out the possible suspects, sorry some find that offensive, but it is what it is. I seriously have doubts that 13,000 people from around the world are going to make any kind of dent in the effectiveness of the U.S. justice system or anyone's right to a fair trial for that matter. I have my opinion about this case, definitely do not suffer tunnel vision nor any of the other items referenced. I will not apologize for my opinion at this point nor will I avoid saying what I believe to be.

When this case is solved, if my opinion is incorrect, I will apologize as will many others.

I agree that COD must have been fairly obvious with the quick turnaround to rule it a homicide. And murder as well. What is the difference legally between just homicide and murder? Intent? Because you have vehicular homicide where this can be intent, right? I don't know, I am just wondering.

DogWood brought to my attention the following:

'the sealing order was apparently issued before the SW's were served or executed'

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/200....rch_warrant.pdf

I don't recall ever hearing that a sealing order was issued before a search warrant was even served. Could be wrong but this seems very unusual to me. Long time WS experts - ever hear of this before ?

ETA - that link does not seem to work:

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/29/3297396/19432-Memorandum_of_law.pdf

and this one:

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/29/3297397/19433-Motion_to_unseal_search_warrant.pdf

Lets see..I have never said he was guilty. I have been on the fence the whole time waiting for some facts to come out. My very 1st post I did say "I think the husband might have some involvement." This morning I posted some are wondering if she had someone else since she stayed out late at night. Again, I AM ON THE FENCE about BC.

We have talked about a $1200 purse today, trying to figure out who's item it actually was.

Sometimes you have to take the puzzle piece by piece to get the picture. I would say this involves the purse and cell phone as well. Do you know if it was normal for NC to leave her purse in the car? Do you know if she carried her cell phone for her jogs? NO...none of us do. This is why we are here trying to put our heads together since these 2 items I assume are significant in the investigation. These 2 items were noted in the media so it is being discussed. If the vacuum was was mentioned we would be talking about that as well.

It is all small talk at the moment since we have NO new news. What would you expect us to be discussing since nothing breaking has come to light?:confused:

I am not saying everyone on here has him guilty but many do. I will not single anyone out but just stating when people say Brad did this or Brad did that thats what I mean. Again I have no idea but like another poster whom agreed with stated... Many case are the husband but this definitely has a different feel. Well I am taking off for the evening you all have a great night. I will check in again tomorrow...it takes me the whole day to work and catch up with all the posts!

I believe last week there was a rumor about blunt force trauma, not saying the poster who posted that was wrong and not meaning to be disrespectful in any way to them. There are going to be such rumors until LE releases the COD. Right now COD could be any number of things. IMO for LE to reclassify as a homocide in such short order after finding Nancy, the COD was pretty easy to determine despite the condition of the body.

Respectfully, there are just over 13,000 members on this board, they come not only from the United States but from around the world. One of the intents of this forum is to sleuth out the possible suspects, sorry some find that offensive, but it is what it is. I seriously have doubts that 13,000 people from around the world are going to make any kind of dent in the effectiveness of the U.S. justice system or anyone's right to a fair trial for that matter. I have my opinion about this case, definitely do not suffer tunnel vision nor any of the other items referenced. I will not apologize for my opinion at this point nor will I avoid saying what I believe to be.

When this case is solved, if my opinion is incorrect, I will apologize as will many others.

No need to apologize either way. I think it brings more to the board, though, when opinions are based on fact. Many opinions now are based on hearsay that contridicts the facts. But you are right, none of it affects the justice system unless you are sitting on a jury. It would be nice if we had more information. LE in a few cases in North Carolina right now have shut off the leaks.

The following cases in North Carolina are very eerie:

Irina Yarmolenko
Megan Touma
Nancy Cooper

I don't know that they are connected but North Carolina has had its share of strange murders recently.

WRAL has links to the requests on line.

I went back and re-read the original order to seal .

JTF and I debated as to why it would've been sealed. My initial argument was that they can be sealed b/c of an ongoing investigation. When looking at Judge Stephens order, it states that it could be that as well.

The date on Stephens' order is 7/16. I'll have to look at the document you posted RC.

ETA: Motion to Unseal, Memorandum of Law, Letter Requesting Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member