Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the case where her husband lawyered up immediately and did not assist LE at all? I will read up on this one soon.

Actually, this would have been the best thing he could have done, especially if he's innocent. Here's an explanation why. It's long but fascinating.

i think that LE will also be trying to find evidence that brad was using
Cisco's Voice Over Internet Protocol software to monitor and disconnect nancy's calls to her friends as stated by one of her friend's in her affidavit.

he would know what she was up to while working from his office.

He would huh?

Don't worry. I'm leaving soon. Witness my next few posts. I'm sure the server will go down or we'll be
attacked by the Starship Enterprise.

blunt force trauma.
do you think it's possible that brad mowed nancy down with one of the cars while she was jogging?

would there always be a dent on the front of the car? the investigators were looking under the car, i assumed for dirt or shrubs that matched the area were nancy's body was found.

maybe they found evidence under the wheels that he ran her down. maybe the bleach he bought was to try to wash off his tires and under carriage.

He would huh?

Don't worry. I'm leaving soon. Witness my next few posts. I'm sure the server will go down or we'll be
attacked by the Starship Enterprise.

does Cisco know you're posting on company time?

if you know scott heider, tell him his affidavit make him look like a total jerk.
TIA

(scott is an A-hole but brad is the one who killed his wife)

brad may have been using other software (other than any cisco software or hardware)
to spy on nancy. there is a reason she was using her cellphone and not the line at the house.

I put this on the media thread. You all saw this right?
IF it's already been posted here, sorry.

fran

More warrents in Nancy Cooper murder

By Ed CrumpCARY (WTVD) -- More search warrants have been served in the murder case of Nancy Cooper, including one for her husband's office at Cisco systems in RTP.

The warrants are sealed and they do not say much in writing. But one legal expert says they speak "volumes" about where the case is headed.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6294423

in your response to my post, you seemed to feign incredulity at the idea that brad could and did monitor his wife's calls while he was at work or a remote location. not only is it within the realm of possibility, it probably happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint
Cisco's Voice Over Internet Protocol software to monitor and disconnect nancy's calls to her friends as stated by one of her friend's in her affidavit.

Bob&Bob said:
He would huh?

________

as for the starship enterprise crack, who knows what you meant?

unless it was about the slow server.

fran

By Ed CrumpCARY (WTVD) -- More search warrants have been served in the murder case of Nancy Cooper, including one for her husband's office at Cisco systems in RTP.

The warrants are sealed and they do not say much in writing. But one legal expert says they speak "volumes" about where the case is headed.

Fran,

have you ever seen this situation before - the warrants being sealed before they are served ?

Seems to me since the new warrants were also sealed and issued to Cisco - BC's lawyer and BC himself won't even get a gander at the one served for his office at Cisco. Hardball.

in your response to my post, you seemed to feign incredulity at the idea that brad could and did monitor his wife's calls while he was at work or a remote location. not only is it within the realm of possibility, it probably happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint

Bob&Bob said:
He would huh?

________

as for the starship enterprise crack, who knows what you meant?

unless it was about the slow server.

True that Saint...

fran

thanks for the link, fran. they are searching brad's computers at his office at cisco. it would not be surprising to find evidence that he could monitor nancy's call from the house (per the affidavit by her friend).

excerpt from the link fran supplied:

"In order to even acquire a warrant to search a separate place connected to an individual there has to be probable cause for a judge to believe that that individual was connected with the commission of an offense and evidence would be found there," he said.
Knudsen, a former prosecutor and longtime defense attorney, suspects one of the things the search at Cisco concentrated on was Cooper's computers. Exactly what, if anything was turned up on Cooper is sealed up in the search warrant.
"It's pretty clear now that he's a suspect. Not just a person of interest, but a suspect," Knudsen said.

Fran,

have you ever seen this situation before - the warrants being sealed before they are served ?

Seems to me since the new warrants were also sealed and issued to Cisco - BC's lawyer and BC himself won't even get a gander at the one served for his office at Cisco. Hardball.

To be honest charlie, I never paid all that much attention before. So, it's unusual?

Gosh! You don't think they're going into Cisco to look at his VoIP stuff do you? You know the system that his WIFE and her friends said he was keeping track of her calls and hanging up the home phone line from the office?

Oh, yeah, he wouldn't do that because IF LE looked there would be traces of his actions. Soooooo, of course he told the truth in his affidavits. :eek:

As IF!!!!!!:rolleyes:

We'll see, yes indeed,;)
fran

I hope they judge denies bail. That's where I'm heading on this one.

I said this elsewhere, but just because there's a search warrant or 2 or 3 doesn't mean they're actually FINDING any evidence with which to arrest and then convict. I mean one hopes they are finding evidence that will lead them to the perp...but just issuing a warrant doesn't mean they will find evidence.

thanks for the link, fran. they are searching brad's computers at his office at cisco. it would not be surprising to find evidence that he could monitor nancy's call from the house (per the affidavit by her friend).

excerpt from the link fran supplied:

"In order to even acquire a warrant to search a separate place connected to an individual there has to be probable cause for a judge to believe that that individual was connected with the commission of an offense and evidence would be found there," he said.
Knudsen, a former prosecutor and longtime defense attorney, suspects one of the things the search at Cisco concentrated on was Cooper's computers. Exactly what, if anything was turned up on Cooper is sealed up in the search warrant.
"It's pretty clear now that he's a suspect. Not just a person of interest, but a suspect," Knudsen said.

Well, you know, as so many said to me the other day, he HAD to have done away with his home VoIP stuff like he said in his affidavit. I mean, after all, it's traceable. So, his affidavits HAD TO BE TRUTHFUL.

Yes it is traceable! My bet is, he didn't think they'd look! :waitasec: Ahhhh....but they are. :eek:

JMHO
fran

It's not unusual to seal a warrant , especially in high profile cases.

"The News & Observer reported Monday that Wake County Superior Court Judge Donald Stephens said in an order issued last week that releasing information contained in the warrants could jeopardize the prospects for a fair trial."

i don't think that the warrants are sealed to brad, cisco and their attorneys--- only the public.

LE sealed the last 2 SWs served on jason young's family residences where he had been staying (younger sister and mother's houses ) on feb 14th, 2008. the youngs got copies of the SWs as they were being served and their homes searched.

they are free to discuss those warrants publicly if they choose. they have chosen not to talk about the contents of the SWs and probable cause linking jason to the murder.

the SWs remain under seal from the public. there may be more that we don't know about in the murder case of michelle young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper