Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can be totally wrong, so correct me on this if I am......

If a weapon was used it would have been the 1st item the search team would be looking for at BC's. If found an immediate arrest would have occured. It didn't happen.

If a weapon was used and not located at BC's and LE is not positive who killed NC they would still be searching the area for the item. Wouldn't we then be told to keep our eyes open for anything or anyone suspicious?

I can be totally wrong, so correct me on this if I am......

If a weapon was used it would have been the 1st item the search team would be looking for at BC's. If found an immediate arrest would have occured. It didn't happen.

If a weapon was used and not located at BC's and LE is not positive who killed NC they would still be searching the area for the item. Wouldn't we then be told to keep our eyes open for anything or anyone suspicious?

Why would there be an immediate arrest? I do not believe LE would be able to simply look at an item and decide it was the weapon. They make think something is but until it is proven to be the weapon - an immediate arrest is out of the question. Proving it takes time.

I would guess LE would still be looking for it. LE was passing out fliers again last weekend.

No need to apologize either way. I think it brings more to the board, though, when opinions are based on fact. Many opinions now are based on hearsay that contridicts the facts. But you are right, none of it affects the justice system unless you are sitting on a jury. It would be nice if we had more information. LE in a few cases in North Carolina right now have shut off the leaks.

The following cases in North Carolina are very eerie:

Irina Yarmolenko
Megan Touma
Nancy Cooper

I don't know that they are connected but North Carolina has had its share of strange murders recently.

Add Michelle Young - another non random brutal murder which there has been no arrest made. LE informed Enchanted Oaks dwellers not to worry but almost 2 years later still no resolution.

Add Michelle Young - another non random brutal murder which there has been no arrest made. LE informed Enchanted Oaks dwellers not to worry but almost 2 years later still no resolution.

Is this the case where her husband lawyered up immediately and did not assist LE at all? I will read up on this one soon.

Is this the case where her husband lawyered up immediately and did not assist LE at all? I will read up on this one soon.

Yes. Oddly enough - the last activity we are aware of by LE was serving search warrants in Feb 08 on his sister's and mother's house where he has been living . Those warrants are also sealed, unlike many of the early ones. Strange.

I think the fact the LE is still "looking" is a double edged sword.

On one hand, if BC gets charged and they HAD NOT kept looking, BC's attorney's would accuse them of not exhausting other leads and focusing their investigation solely on BC, ignoring that "someone else" could have killed her.

On the other hand, now that they are "still looking" and they arrest BC, the attorneys will ask "If you are so sure that it's Brad, why were you still looking for the killer as recently as the weekend of 7/26????"

It also goes to show me that NOTHING about this case will be a slam dunk and it concerns me about the strength of their case and real / physical evidence.

As far as the rebuttal affidavit, BC had no choice. I figure that NC was like a lot of us and that we share the kvetching about our husbands FAR MORE than we share the good stuff. ;-) She also appears to not have really gone without - despite claims from EVERYONE that she wasn't getting enough money to feed and care for the children - why don't ANY of the friends' affidavits say THEY GAVE HER MONEY? Supposedly SOMEONE was - if not them, who? Could she have been exaggerating? Making him appear worse than he was?

I am also not totally buying the fear and controlling issue. Having been in a BAD relationship where I just wanted OUT and he was verbally abusive - I DID NOT provoke him. Many items in that separation agreement were pokes at him - having a high powered attorney on your side is not something someone that is that "controlled" does - and SOMETHING would have been done if in fact she was that scared that she was sleeping in her kids room with the door locked. There are not allegations of physical abuse - so why that reaction? I think that this separation was going to get VERY ugly and Nancy wasn't the meek, mild and controlled person that everyone is making her out to be. She had way too much freedom to run, bring the kids around, spend many hours with friends, vacation with her family, vacation with another family (and another woman's husband) etc to play the controlled spouse here. Women being "controlled" don't get to have these kind of relationships - they are usually CUT OFF from anyone that could help them - because it's easier to keep them down that way.

ALL this being said - I think he is the most likely killer and will be arrested.

On one hand, if BC gets charged and they HAD NOT kept looking, BC's attorney's would accuse them of not exhausting other leads and focusing their investigation solely on BC, ignoring that "someone else" could have killed her.

On the other hand, now that they are "still looking" and they arrest BC, the attorneys will ask "If you are so sure that it's Brad, why were you still looking for the killer as recently as the weekend of 7/26????"

It also goes to show me that NOTHING about this case will be a slam dunk and it concerns me about the strength of their case and real / physical evidence.

As far as the rebuttal affidavit, BC had no choice. I figure that NC was like a lot of us and that we share the kvetching about our husbands FAR MORE than we share the good stuff. ;-) She also appears to not have really gone without - despite claims from EVERYONE that she wasn't getting enough money to feed and care for the children - why don't ANY of the friends' affidavits say THEY GAVE HER MONEY? Supposedly SOMEONE was - if not them, who? Could she have been exaggerating? Making him appear worse than he was?

I am also not totally buying the fear and controlling issue. Having been in a BAD relationship where I just wanted OUT and he was verbally abusive - I DID NOT provoke him. Many items in that separation agreement were pokes at him - having a high powered attorney on your side is not something someone that is that "controlled" does - and SOMETHING would have been done if in fact she was that scared that she was sleeping in her kids room with the door locked. There are not allegations of physical abuse - so why that reaction? I think that this separation was going to get VERY ugly and Nancy wasn't the meek, mild and controlled person that everyone is making her out to be. She had way too much freedom to run, bring the kids around, spend many hours with friends, vacation with her family, vacation with another family (and another woman's husband) etc to play the controlled spouse here. Women being "controlled" don't get to have these kind of relationships - they are usually CUT OFF from anyone that could help them - because it's easier to keep them down that way.

ALL this being said - I think he is the most likely killer and will be arrested.

I think there is a lot of sniping on both sides - seems to be a common thing where separation and divorce are concerned. My thought is that since Brad wanted them to leave in April - even he says that - and then changed his mind - Brad was going to go for full custody of those kids and wasn't about to surrender anything to Nancy - which of course would add several gallons of fuel to the fire...

I have a feeling - things are about to get very interesting indeed.

That works carolinalady. I could see myself doing that, especially if I knew I would need to leave right away from the run to make it there in the 8-9 time frame.

I leave my purse and the bag that I use at work in my car everyday along with the keys. That way in the mornings when I'm ready to leave I'm not trying to carry my coffee and both bags and find my keys. I just go out and get in the car. But, my car is in a garage. This is a habit for me and I catch myself doing this when I don't park my car in the garage. I also have a tendency to leave my cell in the car, when I'm home I use the land line so I don't need my cell.

She could've put her purse and her cell in the car because when she returned from her run she didn't want to go back into the house. Maybe because she would've felt hurried, got hung up with one of the kids or didn't want to have to deal with BC. Or they were in there from the night before.

Yeah you are probably right. It is an interesting case. Nancy did seem to have a whole lot of freedom and a wild imagination. In a way, I could see numerous different scenarios of Nancy's death. Her friends seemed awfully worried about her but their facts are inconsistant with Nancy's life.

hi, everyone - i'm new after lurking for a couple of weeks. i just heard on the news that LE will be searching Cisco -
here's the link -- legal expert stated in advertisement for 6 o'clock news that now BC can be considered a suspect --

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6294423

I guess that LE is onto something now. I wonder what would be on his computer. Maybe a murder for hire possibility?

With Cisco being searched - I would say that things will be coming to a head shortly.

Don't ya just know the Cisco execs are absolutely dam(n)ing the day they hired him???? Every time that pic of him in the Cisco hat gets shown somewhere a Cisco PR person visibly cringes.

With Cisco being searched - I would say that things will be coming to a head shortly.

Don't ya just know the Cisco execs are absolutely dam(n)ing the day they hired him???? Every time that pic of him in the Cisco hat gets shown somewhere a Cisco PR person visibly cringes.

Word, Raleigh. My guess is they may institute some new policies regarding company swag, i.e., "Please refrain from wearing Cisco attire at events or conferences conducted by any police or law enforcement agency."

Word, Raleigh. My guess is they may institute some new policies regarding company swag, i.e., "Please refrain from wearing Cisco attire at events or conferences conducted by any police or law enforcement agency."

Suppose that's more politically correct than saying "If you kill your wife, don't wear our logo." :crazy:

You crack me up.

Geez, one goes away for a long weekend vacay and %#$&* hits the fan! Wonderful to hear LE is searching BC's office, they should also search his locker at the gym (if he has one).
Chances are, they are looking for computer related evidence...phone call evidence, a Things to do murder list, the possiblities are endless.
Tying up loose ends , moving in....

I guess we will all relive this when it goes to trial.

I know , I know , BC is innocent until proven guilty, but the old adage "If it walks like a duck...." just keeps coming to mind in this case.

I was the one person who thought BC would've been charged quickly and was somewhat taken aback that he wasn't.
Since he has lawyered up, it does drag on.

I think there is great national AND international pressure on the LE to sew this up and not let BC walk from this.

OJ taught us that it isn't always a slam dunk on motive, or time frame.

Where's Bugliosi when you need him?!?!?

i think that LE will also be trying to find evidence that brad was using
Cisco's Voice Over Internet Protocol software to monitor and disconnect nancy's calls to her friends as stated by one of her friend's in her affidavit.

he would know what she was up to while working from his office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper