Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer I got. ALL the XXXXX's are my doing to edit out sensitive info.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:12 PM
To: Kim XXXXX
Subject: RE: This weekend

I called a guy XXXXXXXXX, he said there is two stickers on leased vehicles, just like everyone else. I know for sure the insurance for a leased vehicle has to be at least 100/300/50 and then of course comprehensive & collision coverage (They have specification for the amount of deductible as well. You do not receive a title for it either, and you pay the additional fee of 3% to accommodate the property tax on the payments. Oh, and the auto insurance must show the Lessor as additional insured and Lien holder.

-----Original Message-----
From: *advertiser censored* xxxxx [mailto:*advertiser censored*.xxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com]
Sent:
Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:47 AM
To: xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.com
Subject: RE: This weekend

Quick question if at all I need a quick answer if you know – leased vehicles are required in the State of NC to have 2 stickers – one in each upper corner – showing the year of registration and the month – just like any other vehicle – is that correct? Leased vehicles are no different in the law requirements – is that correct?

TSG, you might want to edit your post to protect the innocent.

what's the point? Other than the stickers that should be there aren't? If you don't display them but have them in the car and you get stopped, what's a cop going to do?

what's the point? Other than the stickers that should be there aren't? If you don't display them but have them in the car and you get stopped, what's a cop going to do?

so, he's gonna give you a ticket, that's what he's going to do.

I got a ticket for not signing my registration card. yup, those sticky little details.

so, he's gonna give you a ticket, that's what he's going to do.

I got a ticket for not signing my registration card. yup, those sticky little details.

Or a warning as it was in my case. I got pulled the day after the plate expired for renewal (In NC you have until the 15th of the next month to renew the tag) and even though I didn't have the stickers, the cop checked and knew I paid so I got off on a warning.

Ticketing you for not signing the reg card is kind of anal.

The only scenerio to this is.....the tags could have been transferred from 1 vehicle to the SUV. That is why they are not red.

But if this is not what occured it leads to things I can't answer...

Does anyone know what year the SUV is?
Was it leased or purchased?
When was it purchased?
Purchased new or used?
Can you lease a used vehicle?

Reason....
My tags are red and my daughters tag is red, both purchased within the past 14 months.
We also purchased another vehicle a few months ago and it is already on our tax file.... the Coopers SUV is not.

So essentially I am wondering if the SUV was used could it be leased? Does a leased vehicle not have to be recorded on their taxes? Do we have any idea when the vehicle was purchased/leased?

see within

The only scenerio to this is.....the tags could have been transferred from 1 vehicle to the SUV. That is why they are not red. So simple, yet so precise.

But if this is not what occured it leads to things I can't answer... WHY?

Alot of below are in the affidavits

Does anyone know what year the SUV is?
Was it leased or purchased?
When was it purchased?
Purchased new or used?
Can you lease a used vehicle? YES

Reason....
My tags are red and my daughters tag is red, both purchased within the past 14 months.
We also purchased another vehicle a few months ago and it is already on our tax file.... the Coopers SUV is not.

So essentially I am wondering if the SUV was used could it be leased? Does a leased vehicle not have to be recorded on their taxes? Do we have any idea when the vehicle was purchased/leased?

Here you go reddress - sorry, i had it handy then shuffled around and had to fetch it again:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/photos/story/1144014.html

Good eyes, RC!

If you search the WC tax record site by the plate it does show up. Only for 2007 tho. There should have been a billing for 2008...It's as if it was sold. A search of other counties comes up empty...Even if it's registered in a county that I haven't looked at, there still should be stickers for renewal.

So what do you think? He transferred the vehicle into someone else's name and left the old plates on? Why would he let Nancy drive around with expired plates? Hmmm.

are y'all worried that he stated in his affidavit, or that one of the women's affidavits say "he bought her the BMW" and possibly it was actually leased instead?

is that parsing of a term really relevant, unless he stated "I had to come up with the $55K for the vehicle" and it was actually only leased?

Good eyes, RC!

If you search the WC tax record site by the plate it does show up. Only for 2007 tho. There should have been a billing for 2008...It's as if it was sold. A search of other counties comes up empty...Even if it's registered in a county that I haven't looked at, there still should be stickers for renewal.

So what do you think? He transferred the vehicle into someone else's name and left the old plates on? Why would he let Nancy drive around with expired plates? Hmmm.

For what month? There's still 5 months left in this year. So it's not necessarily expired.

2D1D.....
you as WHY? Because I do NOT know the answers. Common sense tells you with the questions I ask I do NOT know the answers.

NO...the affidavits do not tell the answers. BC simply stated she would not settle for any new car unless it was the BMW X5. People freq. state new car which means new to their possession. BC states they looked at pre-owned and some used were priced beyond what they could afford. With this statement it leads one to think he couldn't afford a brand new one.....unless this is the time he took out the home equity loan.

That is why I ask these questions, and maybe it will give us a time frame the BMW was purchased/leased as well as answer the equity line of credit.

I have read the affidavits several times and do not believe the questions I asked were answered directly in there.:rolleyes:

For what month? There's still 5 months left in this year. So it's not necessarily expired.

Shouldn't there be something for 2008? This is what is on there.

Bill Date: 01/16/2007
Due Date: 02/01/2007

2D1D.....
you as WHY? Because I do NOT know the answers. Common sense tells you with the questions I ask I do NOT know the answers.

NO...the affidavits do not tell the answers. BC simply stated she would not settle for any new car unless it was the BMW X5. People freq. state new car which means new to their possession. BC states they looked at pre-owned and some used were priced beyond what they could afford. With this statement it leads one to think he couldn't afford a brand new one.....unless this is the time he took out the home equity loan.

That is why I ask these questions, and maybe it will give us a time frame the BMW was purchased/leased as well as answer the equity line of credit.

I have read the affidavits several times and do not believe the questions I asked were answered directly in there.:rolleyes:

You can't find it by his name or Nancy's. Would that mean it's more than likely leased? Wouldn't you have to know the name of the leasing company to find it on WC records?

If you do it by the plate #, it shows a 2004 BMW SW WPN.

You can't find it by his name or Nancy's. Would that mean it's more than likely leased? Wouldn't you have to know the name of the leasing company to find it on WC records?

If you do it by the plate #, it shows a 2004 BMW SW WPN.

Dogwood...this is why I am asking the questions. I know nothing about leases at all.

I do know I purchased a new vehicle in April and it is on the WC tax records. I also got my tax bill for it this week already just 3 months later. :mad:

I am confused as to why the BMW is not showing on any records for 2008..:waitasec:

Regarding the tax record, just so you know, I looked up my own car in Wake County and my taxes for 2008 aren't there either, even though they are for 2006. Weird, especially since I already paid them.

Both my stickers are on mine though :)

Shouldn't there be something for 2008? This is what is on there.

Bill Date: 01/16/2007
Due Date: 02/01/2007

yes, there should be something on there for 2008.

And look! He was a day late in '07 paying the bill!!1!!!

TSG, you might want to edit your post to protect the innocent.

Thanks Dyrewolfe - I posted and then went back to work. I just now peeked in to see I didn't cover myself as well as I thought. I swear I think I'm brain dead sometimes LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdombr25