Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the angle of this "he didn't call her parents to report her missing"?

Per his affidavit: she left. she didn't return on time. she was known to stay gone with friends. once he had concern, he loaded up kids and went looking. when he got home at 3 pm(?) the cops were there as a friend had said she was missing.

Would you really expect him to call Canada between say noon and 3 pm? To place that high of a priority on it?

Perhaps we better get a forensic mistresses hunter downer to prove he had a plethora of mistresses before the forensic accountant can testify.:waitasec:
Never heard of a forensic accountant but learn something new every day.

forensic accountants have expertise at going through detailed paper trails, etc. Money launderers, wire fraud, etc.

Mom, "he had tennis plans" (Brad). I wonder if those "tennis plans" were real? I wonder if maybe he was working with a buddy who was helping Brad get his alibi in order. Maybe Scott Heider? (Scott asked Brad and the girls to stay with him at his [Scott's] home after Nancy was missing.

Scott is the one whose ex-wife/Brad had an affair while married to Scott. Then, Scott still stayed fast friends with Brad anyway! A friend like that may help Brad out in a "tight spot", and he did.

Who knows. Maybe Brad really was going to play tennis. Maybe with a woman? I'm just playing what-if, but so is everyone else.

that's crazy. If my very best friend claimed we had plans and we didn't really, and then his wife showed up dead, I'd be telling the cops pronto. Anybody that's not a career criminal would.

What is the angle of this "he didn't call her parents to report her missing"?

Per his affidavit: she left. she didn't return on time. she was known to stay gone with friends. once he had concern, he loaded up kids and went looking. when he got home at 3 pm(?) the cops were there as a friend had said she was missing.

Would you really expect him to call Canada between say noon and 3 pm? To place that high of a priority on it?

He never called at all is the point and the fact.

For Full Disclosure: Here's the link. The affair while Brad Cooper was working on his MBA, (and there's another I haven't found yet regarding the France trip).

On the affidavits of: Clea Morwick, Item #7, Michael Morwick's affidavit Item #8, Hannah Prichard's affidavit Item #10.

abcnews.go.com/images/US/IMG_0001.pdf

Now I'll look for the other.

the problem is that basically all of those affidavits claim an "MBA affair on his boat research trip" you've cited - and thank you by the way for the actual citations - were rebutted by Brad in his 2nd affidavit.

And it's not like he was only doing a "he said/she said" with that affidavit. he was excruciatingly detailed to the point if he was off with his claims, that would only be incredibly incriminating evidence if/when he goes to trial for the murder.

2Daughters, it is interesting how Brad has a different story for everything. Time will tell.

I had no idea that "forensic accountants" existed. That sounds like something I'd love to do: follow how criminals spent/squirreled their money.

Someone said "...sympathetic bosom..." about hoping Brad had a bosom to rest his head on during this whole thing. Ha ha. Any sympathetic bosom he may find is more brave than I at this point. And while we are on the bosom--I think Mom made a reference to a "...38EE..." regarding the girl with the long crimped hair in the MBA France pics with Brad. Noooooo. I didn't pick up on any voluptuous bosom. She appeared to be small-bosomed. A small bosomed woman can wear those little strappy tops and make herself a cleavage if she knows the tricks. Heh.

The boat show in Greenville NC that Brad said he went to in order to do MBA research with his classmates. There should be others who went from the class to speak about that. However, if he came back at 5 AM or so on the following Monday, he had plenty of time to party on or whatever. It's about 2 hrs. drive from Greenville to Raleigh, or less, I think. Greenville NC is the home of East Carolina University. I hope Brad doesn't say he went to the library at ECU to do research after the boat show closed down, ha ha. They would have cameras in there anyway.

I'm still laughing at "...eating the brie cheese in France...". Maybe someone in those photos on the MBA trip was named Brie. :rolleyes:

Ok, everyone has gone night/night so I'll pose this question for the early risers.

We've discussed at great length, Nancy's family gaining temporary custody of the children. They had to get a court order AND appear again in court

Brad Cooper was Nancy's husband. He was her next of kin. WHY did Nancy's parents get custody of Nancy's remains and take her to Canada to be buried? It seems to me, it was Brad's responsibility and right to do what he wanted with her. Was there a court order? no........Was there a verbal agreement?

Has this been asked and answered? Why did Nancy's parents take control? Why not Brad?

curious,
fran
Fran and others,

Given the situation before Nancy's death, these two were in the process of dissolving their marriage. That was no secret to anybody. The love had died; she was going back to Canada, and he was moving on with his life. I doubt very much if she had died of natural causes Brad would have made much of a fuss about who got Nancy's remains or where she was buried. And I also doubt he would have put up much of a fight about the children going to Canada to attend a service with their mother's family members.

The only reason he took the passports to begin with (preventing the children from going to Canada) was in fear of Nancy fleeing with them and therefore getting more favorable custody provisions. He admits her attorney told her that would be the case. Remember: this was ALL about money...as in an unfavorable separation agreement as it stood at TOD. Unfavorable for Brad.

If she had died of natural causes, there would be no custody battle...so kids would go to Canada with family to bury Nancy. Brad may not have attended EVEN THEN! Does this make sense?? So, to answer Fran's question, he didn't/doesn't care enough about Nancy to give a hoot about her ashes, where she's buried or anything else. But I do believe he wants his children.

2Daughters, it is interesting how Brad has a different story for everything. Time will tell.

I had no idea that "forensic accountants" existed. That sounds like something I'd love to do: follow how criminals spent/squirreled their money.

Someone said "...sympathetic bosom..." about hoping Brad had a bosom to rest his head on during this whole thing. Ha ha. Any sympathetic bosom he may find is more brave than I at this point. And while we are on the bosom--I think Mom made a reference to a "...38EE..." regarding the girl with the long crimped hair in the MBA France pics with Brad. Noooooo. I didn't pick up on any voluptuous bosom. She appeared to be small-bosomed. A small bosomed woman can wear those little strappy tops and make herself a cleavage if she knows the tricks. Heh.

The boat show in Greenville NC that Brad said he went to in order to do MBA research with his classmates. There should be others who went from the class to speak about that. However, if he came back at 5 AM or so on the following Monday, he had plenty of time to party on or whatever. It's about 2 hrs. drive from Greenville to Raleigh, or less, I think. Greenville NC is the home of East Carolina University. I hope Brad doesn't say he went to the library at ECU to do research after the boat show closed down, ha ha. They would have cameras in there anyway.

I'm still laughing at "...eating the brie cheese in France...". Maybe someone in those photos on the MBA trip was named Brie. :rolleyes:
It wasn't mom, it was another poster refering to her own daughter. Let's not start rumors.

2Daughters, Brad was working on his MBA during the France trip too. That trip was a study abroad trip with his classmates over spring break. That's the trip where he has photos on his "Adventures of Brad" website. You go there, click on Photos, then he has a specific album where there are more close-ups of the "girl". I think that album is called MBA [something or other] France. THAT album never pops up on his website unless I click on his other photo album. I don't know why.

There are some things that are factually questionable in Nancy's friends' affidavits. Several of her friends were quite clear in their affidavits that there was no boat show in North Carolina on the weekend when Brad said he went to a boat show. There was, it was an Overton's Boat Show in Greenville, NC. Also, all of the stuff about the trips out of the country following Katie's birth. His passport shows no records of trips out of the country when he was "unavailable." If he is lying and conveniently didn't copy those passport stamps, that will be found out as well.
There's always a possibility he said he was going out of country and didn't because he was engaged in an affair, spending the time he was "unavailable" with someone else locally or at some other location.

There's always a possibility he said he was going out of country and didn't because he was engaged in an affair, spending the time he was "unavailable" with someone else locally or at some other location.

Sure there is. He also said he was never out of contact w/ Nancy either. So, I'm sure phone records, email, etc. will be checked to verify that aspect of his story as well.

Reddress said, in post #247, to me: "It wasn't mom[totwoboys], it was another poster refering [sic] to her own daughter Let's not start rumors."

REDDRESS: you need to re-read, then your comment in #247 will show that you are confused on what you speak about.

My comments were right: Mom, in post #197 makes the comment about the 38EE.

Also, SusieClue gets the gold star for the brie cheese comment!

As well, Maconrich made the "...sympathetic bosom.." post, originally. That is post # 220.

SO, REDDRESS, let's not accuse anyone falsely of starting rumors, as you have in your post #249 to me.

I think you are confused about another post unrelated to my post #247. You are waaay back, hung up on the poster who always wants to NOT discuss the girl in Brad's MBA France spring break trip, claiming she has a 22 yr. old daughter and she would just DIE if someone made up rumors about her daughter from a photo, yadda yadda yadda.

So, before you throw out the fingerwagging, read up, Reddress and don't accuse.

(FullDisclosure, post #172 is the one who made the comments about having her own daughter who is 22....)

Get it right, Reddress. I'm only quoting the right posters on what they said....

Reddress's post in #249. Excuse me. MY post was #247. Still, everything holds.

:couch: :truce:

I've been out of the loop for a few days so forgive me if I'm interrupting but when did Nancy's thread become the boxing ring of WS??

I don't get to post often becuse of RL but I do enjoy reading and BOTH of you are wonderful posters and both of you are needed and appreciated here. :blowkiss:

Fran and others,

Given the situation before Nancy's death, these two were in the process of dissolving their marriage. That was no secret to anybody. The love had died; she was going back to Canada, and he was moving on with his life. I doubt very much if she had died of natural causes Brad would have made much of a fuss about who got Nancy's remains or where she was buried. And I also doubt he would have put up much of a fight about the children going to Canada to attend a service with their mother's family members.

The only reason he took the passports to begin with (preventing the children from going to Canada) was in fear of Nancy fleeing with them and therefore getting more favorable custody provisions. He admits her attorney told her that would be the case. Remember: this was ALL about money...as in an unfavorable separation agreement as it stood at TOD. Unfavorable for Brad.

If she had died of natural causes, there would be no custody battle...so kids would go to Canada with family to bury Nancy. Brad may not have attended EVEN THEN! Does this make sense?? So, to answer Fran's question, he didn't/doesn't care enough about Nancy to give a hoot about her ashes, where she's buried or anything else. But I do believe he wants his children.

Although, according to BC's own affadavit, they were in the process of working it out....hmmmm.

Sure there is. He also said he was never out of contact w/ Nancy either. So, I'm sure phone records, email, etc. will be checked to verify that aspect of his story as well.

Supposedly he was out of the country while Nancy was home with the newborn which was Bella? She just turned 2 in late July. I wonder if the phone records from that long ago are still available.... Or do I have the girls names/ages mixed up? Either way would the records still exist from 2 years ago?

Reddress said, in post #247, to me: "It wasn't mom[totwoboys], it was another poster refering [sic] to her own daughter Let's not start rumors."

REDDRESS: you need to re-read, then your comment in #247 will show that you are confused on what you speak about.

My comments were right: Mom, in post #197 makes the comment about the 38EE.

Also, SusieClue gets the gold star for the brie cheese comment!

As well, Maconrich made the "...sympathetic bosom.." post, originally. That is post # 220.

SO, REDDRESS, let's not accuse anyone falsely of starting rumors, as you have in your post #249 to me.

I think you are confused about another post unrelated to my post #247. You are waaay back, hung up on the poster who always wants to NOT discuss the girl in Brad's MBA France spring break trip, claiming she has a 22 yr. old daughter and she would just DIE if someone made up rumors about her daughter from a photo, yadda yadda yadda.

So, before you throw out the fingerwagging, read up, Reddress and don't accuse.
Boy, aren't we testy...and a little defensive. I should have put in a smiley face because I was only kidding about the rumor part. As I remembered it, one of the posters said her daughter had a big bust and would stand out in a picture. I didn't think they were refering to the girl in the photo. I also remembered it was the person defending the poor girl in the photo who was not Momto3. I was wrong about the poster. I apologize. There are too many people who are more deserving of the intesity of your anger and should be crucified in that manner. Don't waste your anger on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024