Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe it is possible that if Brad went out at 420 am - he went to one HT and by 6 am decided to go to the other for purposes of an alibi. By doing so he may have thought LE would only look at the one where he made purchases between 6 and 7 am and he told them about - effectively, in his mind, hiding an earlier purchase at a different location. I think this is possible - he did make it a point in his affidavit to say the one at Waverly Place as he called it.

I think Mom said that her source said it was the Crescent Commons/Waverly Place HT. That's the same one BC says in his affidavit.

Now, if only someone could testify whether the car was in the garage or the driveway after midnight...

Hopefully someone leaving the BBQ after Nancy would know that.

I can't remember if it was confirmed in the affidavits that the party was across the street at the Duncan's or not.

I do believe it is possible that if Brad went out at 420 am - he went to one HT and by 6 am decided to go to the other for purposes of an alibi. By doing so he may have thought LE would only look at the one where he made purchases between 6 and 7 am and he told them about - effectively, in his mind, hiding an earlier purchase at a different location. I think this is possible - he did make it a point in his affidavit to say the one at Waverly Place as he called it.
Mom says his 4:20 run was at the CC HT according to her source who saw the video. Brad is refering to the same place for by saying "Waverly Place", which is what many of us locals still call it since that was HT's old location. I doubt he went to the other store for any of the runs.

redress58 that is a good theory about the purse. I just wonder if he bought laundry detergent with bleach to clean the garage floor how long would it take for the smell of bleach to fade away? Wasn't there an issue with the smell of bleach in the Scott Peterson case? Or am I confusing that with Bobby Cutts? It's a shame that all the cases can tend to run together because of a sheer amount of cases and similarities in them.

Now, if only someone could testify whether the car was in the garage or the driveway after midnight...

I sure am hoping that HT had outdoor video surveillance sufficient to capture at least some area of the parking lot - perhaps an id of which car he drove might also be useful

Speaking of cars, I've been studying on this - would you consider it routine for a family to have enough carseats/booster seat for both kids in both cars ? Just curious really because I am trying to figure which car Brad was putting the kids in when he called JA somewhere around noon I think. Just trying to see if there is a way to figure what vehicle he was driving around looking. It seems to me the X5 was in the drive to JA's knowledge during the 911 call - but I do wonder if it was there when LE showed up.

redress58 that is a good theory about the purse. I just wonder if he bought laundry detergent with bleach to clean the garage floor how long would it take for the smell of bleach to fade away? Wasn't there an issue with the smell of bleach in the Scott Peterson case? Or am I confusing that with Bobby Cutts? It's a shame that all the cases can tend to run together because of a sheer amount of cases and similarities in them.
I've never purchased laundry detergent with bleach included, so I don't know what it smells like. But maybe the detergent part covers the bleach odor.

Mom says his 4:20 run was at the CC HT according to her source who saw the video. Brad is refering to the same place for by saying "Waverly Place", which is what many of us locals still call it since that was HT's old location. I doubt he went to the other store for any of the runs.

Okay, I don't seem to recall an exact id of which store the tape was from but did understand that employees routinely shift between the two - maybe that is why I am confused on this issue. Thanks.

I've never purchased laundry detergent with bleach included, so I don't know what it smells like. But maybe the detergent part covers the bleach odor.

Yep same as me. I always buy detergent and bleach seperately so I don't know about the smell either.

I sure am hoping that HT had outdoor video surveillance sufficient to capture at least some area of the parking lot - perhaps an id of which car he drove might also be useful

Speaking of cars, I've been studying on this - would you consider it routine for a family to have enough carseats/booster seat for both kids in both cars ? Just curious really because I am trying to figure which car Brad was putting the kids in when he called JA somewhere around noon I think. Just trying to see if there is a way to figure what vehicle he was driving around looking. It seems to me the X5 was in the drive to JA's knowledge during the 911 call - but I do wonder if it was there when LE showed up.
The seats would most likely be in NC's car since she drove them around most often. We never had two sets when my kids were little. Very expensive, those things. It would be reasonable for him to drive the kids in Nancy's car, although her car was home when the 911 call was made. Hmmmmmm

The seats would most likely be in NC's car since she drove them around most often. We never had two sets when my kids were little. Very expensive, those things. It would be reasonable for him to drive the kids in Nancy's car, although her car was home when the 911 call was made. Hmmmmmm

Hmmmm - uh huh:)

RC - I only had one car seat for my daughter when she was using them. My mom also bought one because if my daughter wasn't with me then she was with my mother.

OTOH - my neighbor is a single father of a now 5 year old. When the child turned 3 and going into a booster seat, my neighbor bout one for himslef and one for me because I was his emergency contact / back up. It was about 30 dollars. I could certainly understand that the Coopers might have more than one for Bella because she would be old enough not to require a child safety seat as in a car seat. I'm gonna go hunt pics of the seats Brad was carrying from the house to remind myself what they look like.

RC - I only had one car seat for my daughter when she was using them. My mom also bought one because if my daughter wasn't with me then she was with my mother.

OTOH - my neighbor is a single father of a now 5 year old. When the child turned 3 and going into a booster seat, my neighbor bout one for himslef and one for me because I was his emergency contact / back up. It was about 30 dollars. I could certainly understand that the Coopers might have more than one for Bella because she would be old enough not to require a child safety seat as in a car seat. I'm gonna go hunt pics of the seats Brad was carrying from the house to remind myself what they look like.

Thanks TSG - you know I am always puzzling.

Refresh me please. Did JA go by their house AFTER Brad said he was going to search? And did she go home between the time she made the call and met LE at the house?

This is unclear to me actually. In the 911 call she says the car is at the house and Nancy's purse was in it - but I do not know factually how she concluded that. If she drove by and saw it, if Brad told her when they spoke at 925 or if she had called maybe a neighbor across the street. Just don't know really, only know that after she got off the phone with 911 dispatch she went over there with Mary Richardson.

Maybe at some point we can get mahmoo to do a map showing where some of the players live with respect to where Nancy lived - it might be helpful.

Can anyone who is a neighbor recall/confirm who usually parked in the garage? In driving by the house on Monday the 14th Brads car was in the garage (probably to be more discreet about his comings and goings), and the other side of the garage, if I recall correctly, was full of stuff (bikes, etc). This is a very interesting theory, and makes a lot of sense IMO.
I also took my first ride to the dump site and it was a real eye opener. I also agree that this would not be a chosen jogging path, very unlikely. There are sooooo many houses off of Fielding Drive before you get to the site, and the site is very secluded, and as others had posted, you would not be able to see the body just by driving by because of the slope. Someone had to know it existed or it would be VERY unlikely to just happen upon. During our search we were looking at the maps in the area, trying to determine what had and had not been searched, trying to look in areas where parking lots would be close to jogging trails (in case the perp was sitting in wait). The search branched out into some areas that it was unlikely she had been jogging (like Lake Wheeler and Lake Johnson), but not wanting to leave any stone unturned. There was much discussion about logistics of surrounding areas to be searched. It did not appear that the dump area was even considered in the search efforts, at least in the time we spent talking to the organizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper