Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was Jessica that made reference to the three of them training for the 1/2 marathon. And she said that she would be aware of a training run. I'll see if I can track it down.

I do remember seeing that also. But isn't it interesting JA didn't have CC phone number if she was training with her?

So this is what I question...BC knows NC doesn't carry her cell to jog. If he WAS concerned he would have found that phone and gone thru it to see if Carey's # was on there. Obviously NC had it somewhere to be in contact with CC, my bet is in her cell. He didn't try or want to try. IMO

I must have missed something. How do we know that he didn't do laundry? I am wondering why he would not accept JA's offer to help with the kids. It seems to me that a panicked husband looking for his wife would accept this help. She was not a stranger.

Hi Anderson and welcome!

In many of the affidavits it is said....

He didn't do any laundry or
His sheets were filthy with stains or
He got mad at NC if she didn't do his laundry

I do remember seeing that also. But isn't it interesting JA didn't have CC phone number if she was training with her?

So this is what I question...BC knows NC doesn't carry her cell to jog. If he WAS concerned he would have found that phone and gone thru it to see if Carey's # was on there. Obviously NC had it somewhere to be in contact with CC, my bet is in her cell. He didn't try or want to try. IMO

It is interesting that Jessica didn't have it. Notice that Jessica doesn't say if she told him she did or didn't have the number in her affidavit. I think if she had given it to him, she would've mentioned it in her affidavit.

Honestly, I think both were in panic mode. Jessica's mind was racing about her friend and possibly what could have happened. And at this point, Brad's mind could've been racing b/c his wife was missing and/or the "other". At this point, thinking innocent until proven guilty, I could understand that during high stress situations, you don't necessarily think of the easiest way to do things. Yes, logically looking for her cell phone and the phone number would have been the best bet. But, suppose he looked around, didn't see her purse, didn't see her phone, and didn't think at that point to look in the car. So, he starts calling people that he thinks would know Carey's phone number. Then, people don't know the number and his mind is really going and he decides to get in the car and see if he can find Carey and/or Nancy.

Hi Anderson and welcome!

In many of the affidavits it is said....

He didn't do any laundry or
His sheets were filthy with stains or
He got mad at NC if she didn't do his laundry

Again, pointing out that these are affidavits indicating what Nancy told people, not whether or not these people actually witnessed him doing or not doing these things.

Let's be fair and be sure to mention that in his affidavits he says he did do laundry.

Also, in Diana Duncan's affidavit #18 does say that Brad did his own laundry b/c Nancy refused to do.

Right...so her "Friends" would come out and say she was a horrible mother and person knowing she was just murdered? People never talk bad about the dead. Fran she had an affair too... She spent allot of money... you cant just assume with out facts that she was miss perfect because she was killed.

Thank you. You just proved a point!:clap:

FRIENDS never talk bad about the dead.

But Nancy's husband had no problem with that, yet he CLAIMS to love her!?:eek:

I'm shocked! :rolleyes:

Sincerely,
fran

It is interesting that Jessica didn't have it. Notice that Jessica doesn't say if she told him she did or didn't have the number in her affidavit. I think if she had given it to him, she would've mentioned it in her affidavit.

Honestly, I think both were in panic mode. Jessica's mind was racing about her friend and possibly what could have happened. And at this point, Brad's mind could've been racing b/c his wife was missing and/or the "other". At this point, thinking innocent until proven guilty, I could understand that during high stress situations, you don't necessarily think of the easiest way to do things. Yes, logically looking for her cell phone and the phone number would have been the best bet. But, suppose he looked around, didn't see her purse, didn't see her phone, and didn't think at that point to look in the car. So, he starts calling people that he thinks would know Carey's phone number. Then, people don't know the number and his mind is really going and he decides to get in the car and see if he can find Carey and/or Nancy.

I agree with most everything you said. But he did know she didn't carry her phone with her to jog, he said she never did. If he can't locate it in the house, CALL IT...doesn't hear it ring go to the car. This is only a 2 step plan to look for it, home & car.

He called JA, but I would wager no one else. That is because he most likely had caller ID on the phone and was able to connect back with JA.

He was not in the panic mode at this point, only when JA started to indicate she was coming over he panicked.

I am betting he just might of grabbed her car since the car seats were in there already. Quickest way to get out. Bingo, there is her purse and cell.

Thank you. You just proved a point!:clap:

FRIENDS never talk bad about the dead.

But Nancy's husband had no problem with that, yet he CLAIMS to love her!?:eek:

I'm shocked! :rolleyes:

Sincerely,
fran

Fran, I can not think of the right way to word it but it has been said by others and I'll say it again. He had been attacked and his children had been taken from him. He came out swinging in response to the statements that had been made against him.

If he had said nothing, what would people be saying then? They would say he was confirming the claims via his silence. That he never wanted the kids, etc.

At this point, there's not much he can do that is right.

BS! my ex had to take her debts with her. It all depends on the scenario. Unless you lived through it maybe find out for sure before acting is if you know. Seriously I am not trying to be rude to anyone... just hate that everyone talks like the know everything yet we have NO facts period...I HAVE NEVER said he didn't do it either. that's the difference. I am not pulling crap out of thin air ..i want facts. I guess I am just frustrated because people blindly accuse and I thought we lived in a better world then that... sorry I was wrong. I really have to go now... lol see you guys later.

I believe your ex was working, correct? IIRC, she was a teacher.

Nancy stayed home and took care of the children, per Brad's own words, by both of their choice. So him being left with all of the debts, sounds reasonable to me.

We do have facts, now thanks to you, which you say you're absolutely positive is correct. Brad is a salaried employee making $160K a year and because he was so successful in bringing a huge, lucrative account to Cisco, he is receiving a bonus of $285K over the course of this year. Per the legal separation agreement, Nancy was going to be entitled to various amounts and possessions and 8 years of ALIMONY.

I see $445K was going to be this years income for Brad. I'm not quite certain how much of that may have equated toward Nancy. I guess it doesn't really matter now though, does it? We probably shouldn't even try to estimate as it's no longer relevant as she won't be needing the car and 8 years support

fran

I agree with most everything you said. But he did know she didn't carry her phone with her to jog, he said she never did. If he can't locate it in the house, CALL IT...doesn't hear it ring go to the car. This is only a 2 step plan to look for it, home & car.

He called JA, but I would wager no one else. That is because he most likely had caller ID on the phone and was able to connect back with JA.

He was not in the panic mode at this point, only when JA started to indicate she was coming over he panicked.

I am betting he just might of grabbed her car since the car seats were in there already. Quickest way to get out. Bingo, there is her purse and cell.

He said he called Hannah Prichard and we won't know that he didn't until we see something from her addressing that issue.

Again, when you are panic mode, you often don't think of the easiest or most rational things to do. My only way I can relate is thinking how I behaved when I had to take my child to the ER. I forgot things I should've known and it was crazy.

I always had car seats in both cars, so that never would've been an issue at my house. I'm not sure any of the statements address what car he took or how many car seats they had.

He's the one that calls Jessica that second time, so why would it panic him if she was going to come over. He could've just not called her and waited for her to make the next move.

Fran, I can not think of the right way to word it but it has been said by others and I'll say it again. He had been attacked and his children had been taken from him. He came out swinging in response to the statements that had been made against him.

If he had said nothing, what would people be saying then? They would say he was confirming the claims via his silence. That he never wanted the kids, etc.

Just my opinion - had Brad responded only to the 32 items presented in the Emergency Custody Motion proper he would have been much better off in terms of how the public perceives him. Had he limited himself to this alone he would have looked like a father fighting for his children.

I can see absolutely no reason for him to respond to any other paper put out there as his day to address that was available on the 25th of July in a closed hearing instead of the media. In responding to all the additional fodder beyond the initial motion, no matter how you look at it he appears to be a man defending himself against an LE accusation rather than a father trying to keep his kids by trying to bicker with all the other pitance IMO. He chose his route.

Just my opinion - had Brad responded only to the 32 items presented in the Emergency Custody Motion proper he would have been much better off in terms of how the public perceives him. Had he limited himself to this alone he would have looked like a father fighting for his children.

I can see absolutely no reason for him to respond to any other paper put out there as his day to address that was available on the 25th of July in a closed hearing instead of the media. In responding to all the additional fodder beyond the initial motion, no matter how you look at it he appears to be a man defending himself against an LE accusation rather than a father trying to keep his kids by trying to bicker with all the other pitance IMO. He chose his route.

Obviously, the worst of it was in the rebuttal affidavit. So, that came after he saw her friends' attacks. Wise or not, it is done and it is out there for all eyes to see.

I can appreciate what you're saying, truly I can. But I've seen enough of these cases that IF the wife was legitimately missing or murdered, meaning someone else did it, the husband only says nice things about the other, doesn't utter one unkind word.

YET, the cases I've seen where the husband did it, well, let me just say that this is the worst case scenario of the husband destroying the wife's reputation, to take the eyes of suspicion off himself. Which I might add, were properly placed, in the past.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this point.

JMHO
fran

Obviously, the worst of it was in the rebuttal affidavit. So, that came after he saw her friends' attacks. Wise or not, it is done and it is out there for all eyes to see.

I have to say in honesty - I am totally amazed that any of this was released to the media considering it concerned a custody case. For some reason my mind says - it should have never happened at all for the simple reason that it dealt with custody of minor children. I do not understand why there is a law which allows this. Seems crazy to me.

I have to say in honesty - I am totally amazed that any of this was released to the media considering it concerned a custody case. For some reason my mind says - it should have never happened at all for the simple reason that it dealt with custody of minor children. I do not understand why there is a law which allows this. Seems crazy to me.

I agree.

I can appreciate what you're saying, truly I can. But I've seen enough of these cases that IF the wife was legitimately missing or murdered, meaning someone else did it, the husband only says nice things about the other, doesn't utter one unkind word.

YET, the cases I've seen where the husband did it, well, let me just say that this is the worst case scenario of the husband destroying the wife's reputation, to take the eyes of suspicion off himself. Which I might add, were properly placed, in the past.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this point.

JMHO
fran

Can you let me know which of those cases involved children being taken away from surviving spouse prior to arrest/trial/conviction of said spouse?

I can totally see that when it's strictly criminal investigation/proceedings however I see this one as very different than other cases I've followed.

According to Brad Cooper's affidavit:

He called Jessica & she didn't have Carey's phone number. He called Hannah Prichard and she doesn't have the number. Neither knew Carey's last name. Carey has picked up Nancy at the house before. He knows the complex she lives in but doesn't know the address. He drives to the complex to look for her car.

So, supposedly since Carey has picked up Nancy at the house before and Brad watches the girls while Nancy runs, he's seen Carey's car. I don't find it that unusual that someone wouldn't know another's address. Jessica didn't know Nancy's address either in the 911 call and sounded like she (or someone in the room w/ her) was looking it up. Of course, Jessica knew Nancy's last name, therefore it would be easy to look it up.

Hannah does not mention Brad contacting her in her affidavit.

Again, just looking at the documents we have available.

I was applying heavy sarcasm on my post...it really looks very simple, if you were looking for your wife, you would go to where she jogs or hangs out after a jog (Java Jive) and if someone asks to watch the kids, you could , Ironman , run the jog path.
You don't drive around a housing complex , who knows how big it is, looking for a car you may have seen maybe one time...his powers of observation must really be keen.
By the way, Jessica and whoever else was with her during the 911 call had the common sense to look up Carrie in the phone book, why didn't Brad?
No , sorry this stinks to high heaven.
None of it matches up...the list is too long and strange.
He wasn't frantic looking for her, he was frantic covering up some tracks. BC was trying to buy some time because JA ruined everything by calling 911.
IMHO

It IS "desolate" back where Nancy's body was dumped. Have you ever been back there, Bob? I have.:waitasec:

Another major screw up by BC! IMO.

Yes, can you tell me if my wife is here? She is this tall and was last wearing this? I want to play tennis so bad and not continue doing laundry all day!:mad:

And the list goes on...

purse w/cell in car...great reason NC can't answer the phone
HT...doesn't do laundry
LTF...can't get in with no ID...how could NC have gotten in
Carey who? He sure didn't know.
2 hrs spent where looking for NC...can't walk trails w/kids in tow
only call was to JA...not other friends...trying to feel JA out to her next move

The list goes on and on, he's tripping up...the cell phone thing really is transparent and so is the meager search he did...searching his sale records at HT... not calling the police and waiting so long to call NC's parents...Carrie who , is right...poor thing getting dragged into this...not offering a reward, instead paying for his attorneys...not even expressing outrage at teh fact that the Cary LE aren't looking for the killer...these are all things that don't add up!
JA should be applauded over and over again for calling 911 and messing it up for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member