Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if I remember the posting correctly, MM had said that the card owner's business had grown where she needed this. Sounds like it was already in the works and up and running to a certain extent.

Interesting theory about paying for stuff with the family cc, and then getting a cash reimbursement. it would provide a back door way for her to continue to indulge in what Brad considered to be excesses and not limit herself to a budget.

I have to say that the more that I see / hear / read paints a picture not of a woman controlled - but of very nasty divorce proceedings with Nancy already circling the wagons to maintain custody of the "friends".

The tension in that household had to be unbearable. It was obvious that the relationship was over for quite some time if brad's statement about sex is to be believed. The tension over money had to be escalating if they were not getting along - any dime she spent on something he considered "frivolous" would probably make him even angrier. It may be that she purposely pushed his buttons with that regard - I have thought for some time that the separation agreement was oddly aggressive coming from someone that was supposedly scared of him.

IMO - this marriage should have dissolved months ago - it was over.

The type of passive aggressive mind games that were probably going on by both sides is making me sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

Having been there - when I knew it was over, I made it happen. I also gave up WAY more than I should have. I left the house, but still paid 1/2 the expenses (no kids, BTW), didn't argue about any "thing", just wanted it DONE. Wanted the communication to stop, wanted the mid games to stop, the subtle threats, etc. My ex circled the wagons and went to each and every friend we had and told his side of the story (leaving out key items, of course), told lies, threatened to try to get me fired from my job by telling lies, called my family - REPEATEDLY.

I say all of this not to condone one party in a divorce ending up dead, obviously... but to say that sometimes getting out with whatever you can - and not dragging this out - especially in an instance of one spouse earning all the money, and not being able to work, and not having any family in this country - damn - if she could have only just left.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. When I finally came to my senses and divorced my ex I made him sign our separation agreement admitting that he had committed adultery multiple time. I also made him give me sole custody of our daughter. He knew I had him by the kahones so he gave me whatever I wanted and trust me I was very aggressive with what I asked for. I had proof of two affairs and more than enough CE for the other two.

Nancy had proof that Brad had an affair. At least one that we know of and rumor is there were more. She may have had proof of more than one - we don't know. Maybe Brad was giving her pretty much what she wanted to just " shut up and go away" so to speak. Some how the waiting and/or the mind games got the best of him and before he knew it he had killed her in a fit of anger.

But it looks like he finish 8th in his age/sex group. Of course Scott finished second in that same group.

This situation is looking sadder and sadder with each new discovery. I feel sad for everyone involved.

It's looking ever more clear that BC & NC were picking and needling each other until maybe somebody snapped.

You have the story of a woman who, according to her friends, was abused (verbally) and controlled by her husband and she ended up murdered. Then you have the alleged abuser spreading stories about his murdered wife and even hauls his friends in to give their :twocents: and to then begin trashing the murdered wife's friends as well.

For all intents and purposes, no matter how much one tries to justify this recently widowed husband's actions since his wife was found murdered, there is NO good enough excuse for his actions. IMHO, the ONLY REASON he's acting this way is he knows he has a target on his back and he's trying to deflect the appearance of guilt by BLAMING the VICTIM. ALL of his life's woes were caused by his recently deceased wife. She was the root of evil. She spent all his money, made him help take care of his kids, made him follow her to the gas station so he could put gas in her car, she told her parents about their marital problems, and oh gosh!! She even told her friends.:boohoo:

I think Mr. Brad Cooper has forgotten to check the fine print of that transcript of this developing drama. He forgot the part where an abuser blames everything on the abused. See, he's playing right into the hands of a 'stereotype,' typical batterer,...... blueprint of an abuser,........

FWIW, even after an abuser beats the living cra* out of his helpless wife, he'll tell her, 'See what you made me do?' Yeah,.........TYPICAL..

All anyone has to do is look up all of the studies available about domestic violence, spousal abuse, familial homicide,.........it's all there. Typical, SOP of an abuser. The psychiatrists on the LE payroll have probably already done a work-up phsyc on Brad for local LE. They now know what they're dealing with.

I don't believe for a minute, Brad was giving Nancy everything she wanted. Nancy was FORCED to stay with that man. Why? Because he wouldn't let her take the children so she had to stay.

He held all the money
He held the kids hostage
He had the legal status in the U.S., Nancy did NOT have legal status SEPARATE from Brad. Her legal residency here was connected directly to her husband.

To ME, this explains why Nancy had not left this guy. He held her hostage in the U.S.A. She was stuck until she could get, either the kids passports back, or her green card. Those of us who are U.S. citizens would have most likely left the guy a year or so sooner, but being a non Citizen, IMO, puts and entirely different light on the situation. One most of us here have had no experience with.

IT seems her friends have tried to get this information out, but many don't believe them. Why? Because Brad says so,............and Nancy has been silenced.

By all appearances, Nancy was trying to do things legally so she didn't get deported and lose custody of the children in the process. SHE wanted her babies. Brad just wanted them as possessions. They were his! and no one was going to have them but him. Why? Because he could....He knew how to do it and make Nancy look like the bad guy.

Sorry folks, I don't believe anything Brad has said. IMO, there's another side to each and every #'d item on his affidavit, and I would be willing to bet most of them, when the truth is revealed, Brad Cooper manipulated the situation and he's NOT innocent in this marriage and IMHO, this case.:mad:

JMHO
fran

Oh, no Fran. I don't feel sorry for BC if he did this. There's no excuse. I guess what I mean is I feel sad for the situation. Ya, know? Like, what a waste.

I'm looking at the Raleigh phone book right now. My family members are all in there and they've had their service w/ TWC for almost 2 years. So, that would be long enough for the phone book to be updated.

I looked this up on phonenumber .com. BC number and my phone number is listed with the same provider...south central bell.

I am AT&T or as I will always say Bellsouth.

Two different couples I know are not in the phone book, have TWC service. One had it since 11/06, the other since 7/07. They moved here and never had Bellsouth. On this website they are listed, but with different providers than BC and my provider.

I don't know if he changed sometime this past year and phonenumber.com has not updated it yet, which is possible IMO

If BC has Bellsouth then I wonder why K&B aren't going after those records?

I feel sad for all family members and friends for sure but I'm afraid at this point I have no sympathy for Brad. If he's found not guilty then I'll be the first one to admit I'm heartless but until then he can do without my sympathy.

Roy, if you are refering to the Grand Jury - not real sure of the hours they meet.

Hey Bubba :) If I remember from another poster it's 9 to 5. Each case gets about three or four minutes to present evidence and then a vote is taken. I'm not 100% sure on the times but I believe it to be 9 to 5 or 9 to 4.

There are many things about this case that I find odd. The pre emptive strikes by the defense lawyer is one of them. Perhaps in other cases, records have been subpoenaed before a client is even named a POI , but I haven't heard of it. Has anyone else ??

I looked this up on phonenumber .com. BC number and my phone number is listed with the same provider...south central bell.

I am AT&T or as I will always say Bellsouth.

Two different couples I know are not in the phone book, have TWC service. One had it since 11/06, the other since 7/07. They moved here and never had Bellsouth. On this website they are listed, but with different providers than BC and my provider.

I don't know if he changed sometime this past year and phonenumber.com has not updated it yet, which is possible IMO

If BC has Bellsouth then I wonder why K&B aren't going after those records?

I looked up my family members on there as well and it lists South Central Bell. They are definitely w/ TWC, so I don't think we can necessarily trust that.

Also, maybe the people aren't listed b/c they have unlisted phone numbers?

Edited to add: I checked my own personal cell phone number. It has it listed as being w/ Verizon which I haven't had in 3 years. So, I definitely don't think it's accurate.

I looked up my family members on there as well and it lists South Central Bell. They are definitely w/ TWC, so I don't think we can necessarily trust that.

Also, maybe the people aren't listed b/c they have unlisted phone numbers?

If your family is listed the same then there goes that thought. One of them I am sure isn't...they have a side line business and I am sure they want their # out there. Maybe they missed the cut off date to be included this years in the phone directory. Thanks for looking.

So I will take it TWC is for phone and internet for sure now.

There are many things about this case that I find odd. The pre emptive strikes by the defense lawyer is one of them. Perhaps in other cases, records have been subpoenaed before a client is even named a POI , but I haven't heard of it. Has anyone else ??

I think what makes this different is the custody situation. So, we really don't know what the attorneys plan on using this information for. Is it "getting ducks in a row" for custody, criminal, or both?

Hey Bubba :) If I remember from another poster it's 9 to 5. Each case gets about three or four minutes to present evidence and then a vote is taken. I'm not 100% sure on the times but I believe it to be 9 to 5 or 9 to 4.

Thanks to both of you.

If your family is listed the same then there goes that thought. One of them I am sure isn't...they have a side line business and I am sure they want their # out there. Maybe they missed the cut off date to be included this years in the phone directory. Thanks for looking.

So I will take it TWC is for phone and internet for sure now.

Well it would fit w/ VoIP, right? I don't understand the Cisco system and would need d99gr81 to let us know how the TWC phone and a Cisco system would work together.

Actually, no I have never seen a defense lawyer seek records before the fact (of his client being charged).

LOL, well, ya know, like they say 'follow the money,' IMO, here we'll follow the subpoenas. IMHO, whatever they're trying to get, BC is most likely worried about.:bang: He's gotta 'think up' what to say in response. LOL, guess he just doesn't realize that 1,2,3,4, even 5 items can be explained away as,.....yeah, coincidence. (although they say there's no coincidence when it comes to MURDER)

But I'm willing to bet behind the scenes LE has probably already got the 'circumstances' at more than 20. :mad:

LOTS of criminals are convicted on circumstantial evidence. LOTS.....:behindbar Even sentenced to DEATH!!:eek:

JMHO
fran

Oh, no Fran. I don't feel sorry for BC if he did this. There's no excuse. I guess what I mean is I feel sad for the situation. Ya, know? Like, what a waste.

That's the thing about these types of cases, EntreNous. There will be NO WINNERS here, no matter who the perp ends up being. :(

fran

ps....I wasn't referring to you or any particular poster in my previous post. It was just generalities. It seems that no matter what, Nancy can't win many of the public's opinion even in death. :(

I think what makes this different is the custody situation. So, we really don't know what the attorneys plan on using this information for. Is it "getting ducks in a row" for custody, criminal, or both?

Yeah, it's kinda' like the attorney having on his website for people to call him if they have any information about the Nancy Cooper case.

Little bit of de ja vu of the SPeterson case. They had a Peterson website and LE tested them and gave them a tip.........it was NEVER turned over to LE.:mad:

I don't know where this lawyer is getting is ideas, but he's playing a very dangerous game with his clients life, POI, suspect, or not.:eek:

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members