Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how you found it, but good job!

So Nancy was ambitious and had plans to work outside the home or after she was free of Brad.

Good for her!

:)
fran

Fran...

I just tried to get to it and it states deleted user by admins. No pict or business card is displaying.

Try it again now and see if this is the case with it. I have tried it several times.

mom

Fran...

I just tried to get to it and it states deleted user by admins. No pict or business card is displaying.

Try it again now and see if this is the case with it. I have tried it several times.

mom

Seems someone is monitoring and did not appreciate the delving into this information. Guess I don't blame them.

Seems someone is monitoring and did not appreciate the delving into this information. Guess I don't blame them.

Now we KNOW someone is watching WS for sure!

Someone already has quoted what was stated by MM... hmmm interesting

It is also said the date 8/8/08 it was put on the website...could it be a clue to what NC was always doing shopping or to misguide us?:eek:

It is also said the date 8/8/08 it was put on the website...could it be a clue to what NC was always doing shopping or to misguide us?:eek:

I looked at it earlier. It was originally posted on March 14 not 8/8. It had her listed as a Senior Personal Shopper. It did a phone number and email address on the card.

I don't think it was anything nefarious. I just think people don't want their private lives posted on crime forums. Nancy's friends are suffering and should be given the respect due, they do not deserve to be tracked down over the web. Sometimes descretion is a good thing. JMO

Rut Roe! Disappeared!?:confused:

Seriously, I just looked at it within the past hour. It was there.

I guess I don't blame them for deleting or hiding it. Live and learn. With the internet, there are NO SECRETS!

FWIW, IF the person who designed the cards is reading here, IMHO,

Very catchy cards, I'm really impressed! I liked them very much! ;)

fran

Rut Roe! Disappeared!?:confused:

Seriously, I just looked at it within the past hour. It was there.

I guess I don't blame them for deleting or hiding it. Live and learn. With the internet, there are NO SECRETS!

FWIW, IF the person who designed the cards is reading here, IMHO,

Very catchy cards, I'm really impressed! I liked them very much! ;)

fran

It looks like Aikohead's account has been deleted, not just the post. So all posts attributed by Aikohead would be gone, including the thread that was posted there when Nancy originally went missing. And the posts that included information about the upcoming beach trip. I haven't verified that by looking at all of those threads, just going on experience from having accounts deleted on other sites.

I looked at it earlier. It was originally posted on March 14 not 8/8. It had her listed as a Senior Personal Shopper. It did a phone number and email address on the card.

I didn't see the card or post so I don't know the date. That would make sense to be 3/14/08 when she was needing $$ for various reasons.

This could explain many times she was out at night and maybe some of the expensive items she had purchased($200 jeans). Not saying they weren't hers but now a chance she picked them up for someone she knew was looking for them. I have done that myself...if you find xyz please get it for me and I'll pay you back.

If she was a personal shopper it shows she was trying to make $$.

I didn't see the card or post so I don't know the date. That would make sense to be 3/14/08 when she was needing $$ for various reasons.

This could explain many times she was out at night and maybe some of the expensive items she had purchased($200 jeans). Not saying they weren't hers but now a chance she picked them up for someone she knew was looking for them. I have done that myself...if you find xyz please get it for me and I'll pay you back.

The reason I put the date was b/c in your previous post you put 8/8 and stated maybe it was to misguide people. I wanted to clarify that it was put on that board on 3/14, well before Nancy was murdered.

I don't think it was anything nefarious. I just think people don't want their private lives posted on crime forums. Nancy's friends are suffering and should be given the respect due, they do not deserve to be tracked down over the web. Sometimes descretion is a good thing. JMO

I feel kind of bad now, because I looked. I certainly don't want to cause any problems for any of Nancy's friends or loved ones. I guess something as simple as this was, could open a whole can of worms, dragging a number of unsuspecting people in this awful case.

Just in CASE whoever did the cards is reading here, it didn't make me feel Nancy or her friends were doing anything wrong. As a matter of fact it humanized Nancy more and showed that she was industrious and trying to make the best of her situation. She also may have been on the brink of success on her own merit and something that she seemed to love, from all accounts. Fashion.

The one thing I'm happy for Nancy for (I know it sounds weird, due to the circumstances) is that Nancy had so many wonderful friends that stood up for her and are still standing up for her even now. She was in some respects, a very lucky woman. :(

Seriously,
fran

The reason I put the date was b/c in your previous post you put 8/8 and stated maybe it was to misguide people. I wanted to clarify that it was put on that board on 3/14, well before Nancy was murdered.

So momto3kids could be right then, that some of Nancy's purchases were for her friends and she was reimbursed for them.

So, I wonder IF Brad found out about her little business and THAT is why he cut her off the credit cards! So she couldn't do her J O B of shopping and getting paid for it.

IMHO, often times women who are in abusive relationships, are NOT staying home by their own free wishes but more to PLEASE their abuser. Sure, now Brad can say she was staying home because it was 'our' decision, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's so.

The timing of printing of these cards and when he took her name off the credit cards is about the same time. Seems Brad was doing everything he could to make sure Nancy had nowhere else to go. No work, no $$, no life! :(

Just sayin'
IMHO
fran

Nancy's friends involved THEMSELVES. JA was very involved from the beginning, many were on TV and doing interviews when she was missing and the ones who did affidavits very MUCH involved themselves in a way that makes all they say public - those are public statements, many quite detailed and JA accused Brad in hers.

I am sorry Nancy's friends are under scrutiny but they were/are all involved voluntarily. If they did not want to be so involved they should have been more circumspect in their affidavits or simply refused to do one at all. CC made one simple statement of fact and has not been hounded by anyone. The children are protected (although I'm not sure their current environment is completely healthy either) and LE continues to investigate - but it is fact that much of what LE is investigating is based on statements made by Nancy's friends, they WILL be forced to testify in any trial of BC and if they feel the current attention of WS is uncomfortable, wait until a defense attorney gets ahold of their private lives and a starts to take them apart on the stand.

They were understandably angry and grieving and may have allowed their emotions (at the time) to dictate what they did and said - things often look different with a bit of time and distance - but the horse is already out of the barn and if a case against BC goes forward that horse may stampede all across Cary leaving some ugly damage behind.

It's great to get involved and care about your friends and neighbors but as with most things in life, we should all be ever mindful that today the world can be looking in your window without leaving their living room and complete privacy is an illusion. We all should know what is online about us - and what it says about us. I do research and I can honestly say it's astounding what is online from and about many people. We all need to be careful about protecting ourselves (and our families) online and remember that our electronic footsteps do not fade, but remain, sometimes forever.

My Opinion

Nancy's friends involved THEMSELVES. JA was very involved from the beginning, many were on TV and doing interviews when she was missing and the ones who did affidavits very MUCH involved themselves in a way that makes all they say public - those are public statements, many quite detailed and JA accused Brad in hers.

I am sorry Nancy's friends are under scrutiny but they were/are all involved voluntarily. If they did not want to be so involved they should have been more circumspect in their affidavits or simply refused to do one at all. CC made one simple statement of fact and has not been hounded by anyone. The children are protected (although I'm not sure their current environment is completely healthy either) and LE continues to investigate - but it is fact that much of what LE is investigating is based on statements made by Nancy's friends, they WILL be forced to testify in any trial of BC and if they feel the current attention of WS is uncomfortable, wait until a defense attorney gets ahold of their private lives and a starts to take them apart on the stand.

They were understandably angry and grieving and may have allowed their emotions (at the time) to dictate what they did and said - things often look different with a bit of time and distance - but the horse is already out of the barn and if a case against BC goes forward that horse may stampede all across Cary leaving some ugly damage behind.

It's great to get involved and care about your friends and neighbors but as with most things in life, we should all be ever mindful that today the world can be looking in your window without leaving their living room and complete privacy is an illusion. We all should know what is online about us - and what it says about us. I do research and I can honestly say it's astounding what is online from and about many people. We all need to be careful about protecting ourselves (and our families) online and remember that our electronic footsteps do not fade, but remain, sometimes forever.

My Opinion

I don't believe in the Nancy Grace approach, it is disgusting.

Flowerchild - I think you are WAYYYYY too rational to have that username.

Most excellent post.

What if Nancy did get items for others with her credit cards and they paid her for them, but Nancy did NOT apply the payments for the items (not her fee, the ITEMS) to the credit card bills and spent the money on other things not in the family budget?

So perhaps Nancy shopped with her Credit Card, bought items for clients and they reimbursed her for those items (and her fee) in cash and then Nancy spent ALL that money on other purchases (not household expenses) and did not put ANY (or very little) back toward the rapidly mounting Credit Card debt.

Having her own business is a great idea IF she was running it as a business and covering all of the expenses of the business with the proceeds. If Nancy was using personal credit cards to make client purchases and that credit card was carrying a huge balance then even if she was paid a fee for her work by the client, the business might have LOST MONEY bottom line because of the interest rate on the credit card balance eating up more than Nancy's fee each month.

I think we need to look at all the info with a well rounded approach that sees the potential positives AND negatives.

My Opinion

I don't believe in the Nancy Grace approach, it is disgusting.
I don't either, but we have to be realistic - a lot of people out there DO believe in the Nancy Grace approach and everything on the internet is by nature PUBLIC unless we take steps to make it PRIVATE.

My Opinion

I think the info that Nancy had a business throws an entirely new group of people that LE is going to have to look at ... well at least a few more ... It also brings up that even more money was running through the household ... which are more rabbit trails to follow ...

I also think it's interesting because she didn't have a green card and that throws even MORE legal aspects on things ...

I really am on the fence regarding Brad because he IS a tech guy and they just do things differently (I'm married to one... :crazy:) As a couple they were clearly caught up in a lifestyle that can be hard to keep up with ... they obviously had differing opinions on how to do that... I find it hard to see him as abusive - as from everything we've read Nancy was EXTREMELY independant ...

We do not know that NC had a business. We know that MM designed a really spiffy card for her. She could have been planning for the eventuality of a business.

No point in worrying about income and taxes.

Could be someone asked NC last March about what she was going to do after the divorce, they talked about it, and MM surprised her with a design for some marketing materials for the future.

Any other locals ever hear of this business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member