Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NC was in a catch 22....I personally think this website is very helpful for anyone thinking of leaving or if they know of anyone thinking about it.

Again, mine was 25 years ago and it was made very clear what I had to do.
Then again living in NC I was going to be entitled to 1/2 everything so why not leave? It sometimes felt like a double edge sword. IMO

IF ANYONE IS IN A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS SITUATION, the last thing they need to be thinking about is abandonment, or property.

Stuff is just Stuff. And there is plenty more Stuff to be had. But you only get one LIFE, one physical BODY.

Stay SAFE and GET OUT. Make plans if there is time to do so. But that is another chapter.

I think it is total speculation at this point as to whether or not he had her name removed from the utility accounts of if they were never there in the first place. I set up all of the accounts when we moved and only my name is on all of them.

And, it's my understanding that in North Carolina, this still would be considered a family expense when it comes time for separation/divorce. This was the legal residence and both names were on the property deed.

Thanks for the info. I know nothing about NC seperation/divorce laws, obviously.:crazy:

Where both there names on the property deed? So in US/NC, Nancy would have her name on the deed even if she had no income or assets to contribute?

It is different over here in EU/EEA. It is the person/s who qualifies for the mortgage loan...Thanks for clarifying.:)

Thanks for the info. I know nothing about NC seperation/divorce laws, obviously.:crazy:

Where both there names on the property deed? So in US/NC, Nancy would have her name on the deed even if she had no income or assets to contribute?

It is different over here in EU/EEA. It is the person/s who qualifies for the mortgage loan...Thanks for clarifying.:)

Yes, married couples both appear on the property deed of the primary residence (of course that's if it's purchased while married) and that's the case even if only one is on the mortgage.

Edited to add that this is the case in North Carolina. I'm not sure if it applies to all states in the US.

Yes, married couples both appear on the property deed of the primary residence (of course that's if it's purchased while married) and that's the case even if only one is on the mortgage.

Edited to add that this is the case in North Carolina. I'm not sure if it applies to all states in the US.

Learned something new today. Thanks.
Guess there is alot more co-habitation over here, rather than ""legal" marriage. That may be the reason..imo

Isn't there something in US/NC divorce law that if you leave the house for other than vacation, it is considered abandonment and your legal rights to settlement are diminished?

Heck, I am still trying to fiqure out how you can sue someone for allienation of affection that is not your spouse-(and even if they are your spouse) :confused::confused:

Ridiculous. IMO..But oh well....Reminds me of the myth of the sirens

It is like the sirens! In the case of HM, she is being sued by the wife of the guy she is-had an affair with.
The premise is HM is an adult who knew this man was married and still had an affair which took away love/affection etc from his wife. The husband pays his dues in divorce court....but what about the other women? Is she in effect a homewrecker, was it a one time thing or is this a destructive loose babe out there, yes she is.... she already messed up the Coopers home. Should she pay? Heel yes!
When you have a serial adulterer that disrupts a community, this kind of law is beautiful!
It can be financialy devastating for the guilty parties.
HM shall no longer sing from the rocky shore and send the sailors and their marriages crashing to their deaths.

It is like the sirens! In the case of HM, she is being sued by the wife of the guy she is-had an affair with.
The premise is HM is an adult who knew this man was married and still had an affair which took away love/affection etc from his wife.
I can understand how things happen in affairs, but when you have a serial adulterer that disrupts a community, this kind of law is beautiful!
HM shall no longer sing from the rocky shore and send the sailors and their marriages crashing to their deaths.

<stares ahead mouthing the words :sing from the rocky shore:>

I'm almost certain I saw Heather's affidavit. Can't find it now.

OTOH, Maybe it was just wishful thinking. But dang, I was sure I had seen it.

The premise is HM is an adult who knew this man was married and still had an affair which took away love/affection etc from his wife. The husband pays his dues in divorce court....but what about the other women? Is she in effect a homewrecker, was it a one time thing or is this a destructive loose babe out there, yes she is.... she already messed up the Coopers home. Should she pay? Heel yes!
When you have a serial adulterer that disrupts a community, this kind of law is beautiful!

:)Thanks Onescout. I just never, ever heard of this before!
Perhaps the sirens were not just a myth after all.
Next fashion comback in NC will be the chastity belt!!
And I don't know what the male version of that would be, but I am sure there is something.
Certainly would save lots of money and court time.
I have to think about this for a bit....

WOW!, Check out item #6 on that website. It speaks of the custody of a third party of the children. Sounds like that bar is set pretty high, but the Ex-Parte order granted custody to the grandparents.

If I were BC, I would find this to be an ominous development.

CyberPro

Yes I agree. Something serious must have been uncovered :eek:

And I don't know what the male version of that would be, but I am sure there is something.

You can also sue someone who actively advised your spouse to divorce you for alienation of affection. So there are a lot of uses for this particular law.
You can sue either a man or a woman for this.
It's an old law , been there a long time.

Petra...
There is a case that was settled a couple of years ago in Cary....
the husband sued for 'alienation of affection' and won. He sued the other man to who his wife ran off with. The husband was forced into bankruptcy after he spent every dime in trying to save his marriage and get custody of his child so he went after the other man and won the case.

Petra...
There is a case that was settled a couple of years ago in Cary....
the husband sued for 'alienation of affection' and won. He sued the other man to who his wife ran off with. The husband was forced into bankruptcy after he spent every dime in trying to save his marriage and get custody of his child so he went after the other man and won the case.

This is indeed interesting-thanks:blowkiss:
Are these the type of cases where John Edwards made all his money from?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It is almost that 3 am bewichting hour--I am trying to wrap my head around it---I am thinking about a pissed off polygomous from that other case in Texas---:woohoo:using alienation of affection.
Night all.

This is indeed interesting-thanks:blowkiss:
Are these the type of cases where John Edwards made all his money from?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It is almost that 3 am bewichting hour--I am trying to wrap my head around it---I am thinking about a pissed off polygomous from that other case in Texas---:woohoo:using alienation of affection.
Night all.

No, I believe John Edwards made money in personal injury suits. I am sure that one was where a little girl said down on a defective pool drain in a baby pool. She became stuck to the drain and she had to have a portion of her intestines removed due to damage.

Yes this law has been around for a while here. I personally know a man who sued a nursing home for alienation of affection when his wife was visiting her mother there, slipped on a wet floor and subsequently broke her nose in her fall. How's that for a ridiculous use of the law? I thought that was a major stretch but he did win.

Yes this law has been around for a while here. I personally know a man who sued a nursing home for alienation of affection when his wife was visiting her mother there, slipped on a wet floor and subsequently broke her nose in her fall. How's that for a ridiculous use of the law? I thought that was a major stretch but he did win.

that particular law is called "loss of consortium"...meaning the fall prevented his wife from bring able to have "marital relations" with him.
People sue for this in injury cases all the time.
It cracks me up....

that particular law is called "loss of consortium"...meaning the fall prevented his wife from bring able to have "marital relations" with him.
It cracks me up....

Her Broken Nose prevented their "Marital Relations"??

NEVERMIND!! - I DON'T WANT TO KNOW what kind of "Marital Relations" they usually had.... BAD VISUAL IMAGES!! :waitasec:

CyberPro

Oops. Thanks for clearing that up OS. And yes, I think it's goofy too.

It cracks me up....

:floorlaugh: Now thats funny!

That husband could have waited until the nose was healed IMO.

I would have had to leave the courtroom during that testimony I would have been laughing so hard.

Maybe we should start a "marital relations" thread......with a warning on it :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member