Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys....I just got in from a torture root canal .... <snip>

There Mom goes again, spreading unsubstantiated rumors! Mom, I don't believe you actually had a root canal, I have not seen anything about it in the MSM, can you prove it with a link?

Just kidding, of course, but that seems to be the level that some folks on here think you need to have in order to believe your posts. Personally, I think your posts are spot on. :blowkiss:

Hope you are OK after the root canal!

CyberPro

Who actually made the 6:40 phone call Brad claims he got on his way to the store. LE - who did it.

Thanks RC... so of the above 2 responses (I assume both for LE), if you had to pick only one which would it be?

- To LE: If Brad received a 6:40 AM call (as he claimed), then who made that?
- To LE: Who do you think did it?

Thanks for the points on TOD.

Thanks RC... so of the above 2 responses (I assume both for LE), if you had to pick only one which would it be?

- To LE: If Brad received a 6:40 AM call (as he claimed), then who made that?
- To LE: Who do you think did it?

Thanks for the points on TOD.

Sorry - both are important to me.

Here's a "question for discussion' for the group: If you could learn one thing for sure about this case... if you could pick one question to ask ME/LE/anyone (alive), and have a guarantee they would answer this one questions truthfully... what would it be?

[ In other words, at this point, what single piece of the puzzle would you most like to have - something that you think would help confirm (or exclude) a lot of things, etc ]

Some examples:
- To ME: What was TOD?
- To LE: What was she wearing at discovery?
- To LE: Who do you currently think did it?
- To LE: What the heck was in all those brown bags taken away from the house?
- To ME: What was COD?
- To BC: Did you do it?
- To BC: What's your favorite color?
- To Person Who Discovered Her: How Are You Holding Up?
- To Eldest Child: Did you see Mommy on Saturday morning?
- To JA: Did you do it?

Anyway - what one thing (and just one) would you most like to know (can be from the above, or something else). It's just a "hypothetical" exercise, for discussion. Participate if you like... or not. :)
To LE: Why were you so certain so quickly this was not a random killing?

I'm not Quincy, nor did I play him on TV, but I seriously doubt that we are going to get a TOD that will confirm or refute a timeline that is that close. We will only get TOD to within a day or so. After core body temprature drops to become equal with surrounding areas, it relies on decomposition rates and insect waves, and those are only accurate to within a period of hours, at best and days at the outside.

This is based upon reading several ME reports, and somewhat more extensive reading of records of murder victims postmortem reports, with a seasoning of web sites. Someone with better knowledge, PLEASE correct me if I am wrong.

CyberPro

Yeah, well I'm sure not Barnaby Jones, yet, I think it's going be extremely important to nail, it could make or break this investigation. Hopefully the advancement of forensics science will aid in making a sound determination. It's horrid to think of her lying out there like that.

I'm going to flower/garden place near Swift Creek, perhaps grab some lunch at the pizza place in that shopping center where HT is and go find the discovery site.

Anyway - what one thing (and just one) would you most like to know (can be from the above, or something else). It's just a "hypothetical" exercise, for discussion. Participate if you like... or not. :)
This is an easy one for me:

- Is there irrefutable forensic evidence that the murder was committed in the Cooper home?

To me, that's the one that really matters. There are those here who seem to believe that the answer to this is "yes". If it is, then that's all that really matters to me. All of the speculation about grocery store trips and swiping membership cards or not at Lifetime Fitness and he said / she said affidavits becomes irrelevant.

Brad claims that she left the home alive on Sat morning. If there is solid forensic evidence that she did not, then that's all that really matters.

During the Laci Peterson investigation, MPD immediately knew, (within the first minutes inside the residence), that they were facing more than a 'missing person's case.' (MPD detectives were called immediately, when normally they wait 72 hours)

Did your 'first responders' get that vibe with this case? IF so, what led them to believe this was 'more than a missing person?'

I'd like to know where or what the undisclosed SW was for?

I'd also like to know the results of all forensic testing?

Were you able to determine IF either of the vehicles at the residence had been recently cleaned (ie, that day?)?

JMHO
fran

Hello! This is my first post on this site and I want to tell you all how impressed I am with your sleuthing skills, reasoning and insights. This is the first case that has really caught my attention since the Michael Peterson case (the owl did it, ha!) which I followed very closely.

I, too, find myself reserving judgment on BC at this point. I have read the affidavits and the various articles about this case and, of course, the wonderful posters on this board. I am the first to admit that I am one to convict (in my mind) the spouse when I hear about these kinds of murder cases. (My friends tell me that they would not want me as a juror if they were ever on trial!) So I am surprised at myself that I am not as quick to jump on "BC did it" wagon at this time.

I anxiously await the ME report and hope a fairly accurate TOD (considering all the variables) can be made. If TOD shows prior to 7 am or forensics show the murder happened in the home, that will cinch the deal for me.

I pray for Nancy's children and family. Children should never have to lose their precious mothers this way.

...Back to lurking mode...:chicken:

Yeah, that is a puzzler. If I was guilty, there's no way I would write out all that stuff (even if attorney didn't stop me)... it just gives too much info over to the prosecution.
My guess would be that any of the items in his affidavits that are relevant to the criminal investigation, he'd already told the police anyway. I.e., his side of the story of where he was that night and morning, etc. He was supposedly cooperative and answered questions for police early on, so i would assume that he would have put the same version of the story that he gave them in the affidavits. The lawyers would have cautioned him to do that.

I would also assume that his lawyers would have gone through his affidavits line by line with him and said things like "This item or that item can be proved or disproved with this or that kind of record. Are you sure that you want to say that or should we take it out?" So, for whatever info is in there and is verifiable one way or the other, the lawyers at least think that there would be supporting evidence for it.

(All this of course assumes that the lawyers aren't completely incompetent.)

Welcome aboard, Perk! :newbie:

Always nice to have a variety of opinions. If you are usually quick to suspect the spouse, I'm curious to know what your sticking point is/are in this case. Care to elaborate?

Welcome aboard, Perk! :newbie:

Always nice to have a variety of opinions. If you are usually quick to suspect the spouse, I'm curious to know what your sticking point is/are in this case. Care to elaborate?

Thanks for the welcome, reddress58!

I guess the sticking point for me is that I just haven't had the big ah ha! moment. You know what I mean? I know that sounds vague but I'm looking for that one fact that indisputably says to me He Did It! I'm just not there yet. To me, there just aren't enough facts to say so.

So, until then, I'll continue to follow this case, educate myself as much as possible, and absorb the terrific insights of the posters on this board both pro and con.

If and when that ah ha! moment comes, I'll be sure to jump back in and let you know what swayed my opinion.

IS MONDAY actually Nancy Cooper's B.Day? I need to know. THe owner at Java Jive wants to make sure. I'm taking her the things I've put together.

I thought I posted this note earlier today, but can't find it,

Here goes again:

Cork board w/pushpins to put photos that people want to bring. I'll send everything to Nancy's family in Canada afterward.

Two children's drawing pads for them to put one drawing each, and comments on it.

Washable markers. Crayons.

A faux leather (black) sketch book, spiral, for people to write notes or fond memories, or just to sign their name. I also put a card and page in there from WEBSLEUTHS. You can sign it, or the page. I signed as NCNATIVE.

Wreath on small stand.

If it is Nancy's B.Day on Monday, PLEASE TELL ME.

Also, if anyone wants to, I think it would look good with maybe two small shiny pink helium balloons in the shape of hearts, to represent Bella and Katie, but not with their names mentioned.

I will send all the things (except for the wreath) to Nancy's family in Canada after all is done.

The lady who owns JJ is also going to do a special memorial at JJ, once everything is said and done, and we know "who done it".

I do hope it's Nancy's B.Day. If it isn't, I'll save this stuff for the JJ special memorial day later. Sigh.

I am so slow.

The JJ owner is going to look at my things to make sure she wants to have it, then I'll let you guys know.

ncnative......according to the memorial page Diana Duncan did.......http://www.imorial.com/NancyCooper/ ......she lists NC's birthday as Aug 25th. I'm not sure if it would be appropriate or not but DD can be private messaged at that site and could probably verify for sure that date. Might also be a good way to let NC's friends know about the wreath, etc. at JJ.

IS MONDAY actually Nancy Cooper's B.Day? I need to know. THe owner at Java Jive wants to make sure. I'm taking her the things I've put together.

I thought I posted this note earlier today, but can't find it,

Here goes again:

Cork board w/pushpins to put photos that people want to bring. I'll send everything to Nancy's family in Canada afterward.

Two children's drawing pads for them to put one drawing each, and comments on it.

Washable markers. Crayons.

A faux leather (black) sketch book, spiral, for people to write notes or fond memories, or just to sign their name. I also put a card and page in there from WEBSLEUTHS. You can sign it, or the page. I signed as NCNATIVE.

Wreath on small stand.

If it is Nancy's B.Day on Monday, PLEASE TELL ME.

Also, if anyone wants to, I think it would look good with maybe two small shiny pink helium balloons in the shape of hearts, to represent Bella and Katie, but not with their names mentioned.

I will send all the things (except for the wreath) to Nancy's family in Canada after all is done.

The lady who owns JJ is also going to do a special memorial at JJ, once everything is said and done, and we know "who done it".

I do hope it's Nancy's B.Day. If it isn't, I'll save this stuff for the JJ special memorial day later. Sigh.

I am so slow.

The JJ owner is going to look at my things to make sure she wants to have it, then I'll let you guys know.

Yes it is.

NCN...

I am thinking if would you ask the owner if she would accept cards from others who do not live here?
I imagine others would love to feel a part of this and can't because of their location.
If the owner will give you the address of JJ this will keep everyone who is on here private without their address being exposed.

This is an easy one for me:

- Is there irrefutable forensic evidence that the murder was committed in the Cooper home?

To me, that's the one that really matters. There are those here who seem to believe that the answer to this is "yes". If it is, then that's all that really matters to me. All of the speculation about grocery store trips and swiping membership cards or not at Lifetime Fitness and he said / she said affidavits becomes irrelevant.

Brad claims that she left the home alive on Sat morning. If there is solid forensic evidence that she did not, then that's all that really matters.

that's what i want to know as well.

I hate to keep using the Laci case as an example, but there wasn't evidence that definitely put the murder scene IN the house. To this day they don't know exactly where her murder took place, whether in the house or out by the pool, or in the pool or...? And in the end that wasn't necessary for a conviction.

My one question would be of LE: is there ANY physical/forensic evidence anywhere that links the perp to his victim and the murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum