Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The JY case is not even close to an open and shut case. The shoes he bought were similar, but not exact. Heck yeah he is guilty but a whole lot of wiggle room to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. It stinks.
IIRC the shoes had the same sole, that's not similar, that's the same.
If Willoughby hasn't got his junk in one bag by now, he's probably not going to unless he gets a written confession from JY. Sometimes you have to know when to take your best shot.

Same with BC. I really hope he doesn't flounder again.

So in a nutshell, again no proof of LTF at all. This doesn't get it done for me although it may be 100% correct. I want to deal with proven facts. I will watch this from the sidelines until this all comes out. I am not used to one insider having more information than the bloodsucking media.

If you listen to the questions asked by the bloodsucking media in the pressers, you will hear they have heard a great deal and have gotten the standard response. I doubt the media has missed much.

If in doubt, DA has to err on the side of avoiding an OJ situation (he walks), or worse, Duke Lacrosse situation. At least (and it's probably a good thing) - Wake DA is the anti-Nifong. :)

I don't buy it. He's walking now and will for his lifetime unless W can muster the courage to at least try.

Thanks SG. Agree with the gist of your post. For the above though - is it a known fact (if so, reliable source?) - or just speculation?

Speculation on my part. But I believe we'd be hearing about it from someone if that were the case. Stuff manages to get talked about, ya know?

Roy.....I totally understand what you are saying, but again........

1--If it was that easy to get information he could have called.
2--He knew she couldn't get in without her ID and she carried nothing as he stated
3--If he was inquiring about NC then how would he explain it when he takes her ID card out, knowing she couldn't have gotten in to LTF?

It is because he asked for it to be scanned.
I couldn't sleep. I need another vacation. :-) One thing here you have wrong. You most certainly can get into LTF without your ID. As I stated on a previous post, you can give them your name and they will match the mug on their computer with yours and let you in. So it wouldn't matter if she left home without anything; she could still go to the gym.

Roy...BC put it in his affidavit.

Think about this for a minute or longer. He put that he went there to look for Nancy and asked to swipe her card so that he could prove that he was not the last person to see her alive.

Am I missing something here?

Kind of humorous aside: in the trunk of my car (not a BMW, btw) some liquid laundry detergent oozed out...oh... about 2 years ago. I didn't know it for a long time cause my trunk was packed with junk. Plus I have/had dried mulchy type clippings in there from some gardening stuff I purchased. Basically my trunk was kinda a pig sty (not even kinda...it was).

I just kind of chuckle now when I see that still sort-of gooey spot in the middle where the laundry detergent coagulated. It never dried completely. I did finally clean out my trunk and it's a LOT better than it was. A lot less grass/mulch stuff and all the junk is gone.

But...it's a good thing I have no desire to commit a crime and then transport anything via trunk to 'hide' it. Cause yeah, THAT wouldn't work.

Don't know why you think the foresnics would be back next week - 60 days is 60 days and its not there yet...

Yeah, perhaps I read too much into the fact that the judge granted a 2 week extension. My take on it was that the judge perhaps knew (via DA or whoever) that they anticipated the forensics back this week or next. That's why he wasn't inclined to grant any more than 2 more weeks. With the forensics (the major outstanding datapoint right now), there's either a case for GJ or not.

I'll soften the prediction to say that if the forensic results don't yield an indictment, then it's going to be a long (if not indefinite) wait. [ and yes, I based this on the Young case status, after reading that stuff ]

The follow-up statement is, I would not be surprised if there is some anticipation of the forensic results being returned this week or next.

But of course... what do I know. :)

Think about this for a minute or longer. He put that he went there to look for Nancy and asked to swipe her card so that he could prove that he was not the last person to see her alive.

Roy, BC didn't say anything about cards or getting cards swiped at LTF. He just says he went there to look for her.

Mom got some 'insider' info on the rest...that's the part you want official confirmation on and sorry, there just isn't anything OFFICIAL out there on this so we're just going to have to be patient.

Yeah, perhaps I read too much into the fact that the judge granted a 2 week extension. My take on it was that the judge perhaps knew (via DA or whoever) that they anticipated the forensics back this week or next. That's why he wasn't inclined to grant any more than 2 more weeks. With the forensics (the major outstanding datapoint right now), there's either a case for GJ or not.

I'll soften the prediction to say that if the forensic results don't yield an indictment, then it's going to be a long (if not indefinite) wait. [ and yes, I based this on the Young case status, after reading that stuff ]

The follow-up statement is, I would not be surprised if there is some anticipation of the forensic results being returned this week or next.

But of course... what do I know. :)

For all we know he could already have been indicted, same with Jason Young. LE and the DA do not have to act immediately on a true bill indictment or an arrest warrant.

If you listen to the questions asked by the bloodsucking media in the pressers, you will hear they have heard a great deal and have gotten the standard response. I doubt the media has missed much.

they might be getting some of it from here Charlie. They are on a fishing expedition but don't want to get sued in the process. Lets face it, in any situation like this comes rampant rumors. In most cases, they get it from LE running their mouths. I don't know that is true here.

It is obvious that BC is in the crosshairs. So he is most likely guilty. That doesn't mean we can just paint the picture of how we know he is guilty. We don't know anything other than LE immediately knew this was not random and they knew to haul fanny back to Brad's house.

Speculation on my part. But I believe we'd be hearing about it from someone if that were the case. Stuff manages to get talked about, ya know?

You know, BC could have gone on any national program and discussed this like so many do, but no he only attends 1 press conference and 1 phone interview. Does this sound like he really is trying?:waitasec:

I really do believe if NC family didn't feel pretty confident in who did this and who was going to be arrested one of those family members would be here staying on top of it.

He had the girls with him, though. He'd have to take a cab home or carry them.

could easily drop the girls off w a friend or neighbor while he "looked" for Nancy (& coincidentally dropped her car off at LTF, & ran home.) LTF is actually quite close to his house (there's a path to cut through to Ritter Park to Resurrection Lutheran Church & onto Lochmere--going past, of course JJ)

I don't buy it. He's walking now and will for his lifetime unless W can muster the courage to at least try.

Yeah, it's a judgment call no doubt. Probably hard to say exactly what's the right call without being in the DA's shoes. No doubt having to consider that you only get one crack at this thing weighs in there.

I would think that unless you think there's absolutely no reasonable chance of finding out more about a given case (getting more evidence) now or in the future, and/or you just don't think you've got that pesky reasonable doubt thing take care of... you just don't make a move.

While we all have our theories, the earlier informal poll to the group didn't yield anyone saying they would convict based on current knowns, if they were sitting on the jury today. [ Anyone changed their mind? ]

Side bar: Is it possible DA has already taken what they have to the GJ, and the GJ denied it? [ I assume "yes".. and maybe even for the Young case also? We've getting on Wake DA, but for all we know, is it a couple of sticklers on the GJ that are the hold up for both cases? :) ]

they might be getting some of it from here Charlie. They are on a fishing expedition but don't want to get sued in the process. Lets face it, in any situation like this comes rampant rumors. In most cases, they get it from LE running their mouths. I don't know that is true here.

It is obvious that BC is in the crosshairs. So he is most likely guilty. That doesn't mean we can just paint the picture of how we know he is guilty. We don't know anything other than LE immediately knew this was not random and they knew to haul fanny back to Brad's house.

I figure everyone has the right ot their opinion and if they want to paint a certain picture - that's okay. The more pictures painted the more likely some potential truth can be seen. I understand wanting facts - I would like the same thing but I have discovered that everytime I go back and listen to a presser I do learn a fact or two. There are facts there to fuel some of the things being spoken of here.

Kind of humorous aside: in the trunk of my car (not a BMW, btw) some liquid laundry detergent oozed out...oh... about 2 years ago. I didn't know it for a long time cause my trunk was packed with junk. Plus I have/had dried mulchy type clippings in there from some gardening stuff I purchased. Basically my trunk was kinda a pig sty (not even kinda...it was).

I just kind of chuckle now when I see that still sort-of gooey spot in the middle where the laundry detergent coagulated. It never dried completely. I did finally clean out my trunk and it's a LOT better than it was. A lot less grass/mulch stuff and all the junk is gone.

But...it's a good thing I have no desire to commit a crime and then transport anything via trunk to 'hide' it. Cause yeah, THAT wouldn't work.

And I had a bottle of milk (whole foods bottle of milk, thus, the bottle) break in my car and I took it to Bunky's Car Wash on the corner of Kildare & Cary Pkwy for detailing---without an appointment, & they spent a great deal of time getting every little area of the trunk.....

No one could convict based on what we know so far because we know very little at this point. We have lots of tips, inside info and rumors, but NOTHING from official sources...no COD, no autopsy results being reported other than 'homicide.'

So no...he could NOT be convicted by anyone based on having no real info. We have suspicions but it takes more than that to actually convict someone.

For all we know he could already have been indicted, same with Jason Young. LE and the DA do not have to act immediately on a true bill indictment or an arrest warrant.

Is this usual, or would it surprise you if this were true? What circumstances might explain proceeding in this way? (ie, GJ returned an indictment last Monday, and LE is biding their time for days/weeks?... why/when is this done I wonder?)

I am not asking you to elaborate. I am asking if Brad went to LTF for an absolute fact and what do we know that is not rumor? Anybody?

Roy...you asked the question about BC going to LTF being a fact. I answered he did go to LTF per his affidavit, so that is a fact. That was your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member