Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RC, how do you mean that once the arrest is made, things will really go silent? I am pulling a blank on that. Forgive my weakened brain cells.

As to the long bag being brought out of the Cooper home, I want to think it could be an upholstered valance, or that and a comforter. I wonder why that guy carrying it doesn't have gloves on his hands.

everybody, i'm way behind on this case. if there are any other photos that you think i should look at besides the photo galleries at N&O and Wral, please post the links.

i saved some of the pond pictures, so i will take a closer look at those. both N&O and Wral still have as their captions found "in the pond" and not "near the pond."

i did take a look at the searchers photos. only one male searcher had a long-sleeved shirt on. there was also a guy in long sleeved white dress shirt but i thought that might be
a policeman or building/church official

did brad own a gun?
is it possible that brad held nancy at gun point or knife point and forced her into the car and drove her to the construction site where he murdered her?

No LE would not arrest someone just because there was fresh blood on their lampshade. They would seize said lampshade as part of a SW, have it tested, have that test compared to known residents of the house, and THEN make a determination if that was 'enough' to make a case for an arrest (in conjunction with the DA, of course).

i can't really be certain, but to me it looks like there are stickers are at the top.
if you look at the enlargement of the license plate under the orange text, and put your eyes very close to your computer screen, it looks like a red year sticker on the upper
right side. it is in the band of the dark shadow.

the 2 white rectangles on each side are the plate itself, i think.

i put a sharpen filter on the license plate enlargement but it still doesn't make it
clear.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x178/77M33/coopercar.jpg

I agree; it does indeed look like the stickers are there, they are just under the lip of that trunk latch and license plate frame.

RC, how do you mean that once the arrest is made, things will really go silent? I am pulling a blank on that. Forgive my weakened brain cells.

As to the long bag being brought out of the Cooper home, I want to think it could be an upholstered valance, or that and a comforter. I wonder why that guy carrying it doesn't have gloves on his hands.

Ncnative, once an arrest is made LE will have nothing further to say - the case is out of their hands. The DA's office will say nothing either. All outstanding warrants not yet public become discovery and part of the evidence effectively removing them from public view, the same would be true of the autopsy if not publically released by the time of arrest. There will be an arraignment where charges only are read. There may or may not be a preliminary hearing - if there is a preliminary hearing some information will be learned - if not silence until trial. Defense lawyer may say something but will need to be very careful if they plan on arguing for a change of venue. Could be a long wait for information.

I noticed the photo on the memorial website of Nancy "walking the dogs" while sitting on the garage sofa, that there was a pegboard on the back interior garage wall. There was a long axe on that pegboard. I couldn't see what else was hanging there. Now what would Brad do with a long axe?

Don't forget AL's report at 5 on WRAL - the 5 news is live streamed.

Thanks, RC. You must be in the "business". I don't know very much. (Referrring to the question I asked about the silence.)

It won't be blood. Blood or any fluid of any type will only head south, could take a turn to the left or right, but will NOT loop over itself unless drawn that way.

If it was just a dark spot, yes could be blood. Run down the shade, and curve along a grain of the fabric, yes could be blood. But to turn north and loop on itself? Never.

No matter what force or amount it won't head anywhere but south. Have you ever splashed water on a mirror, which way did it head?

i don't agree. i'm not ready to assume that it isn't blood on that shade.

blood splatter travels up all the time. it travels in many different directions. it depends on the source of the blood and what caused it to spray, splatter, and drip.

the stain only appears to be a loop, it could look very different close up.

a knife or pipe dripping in blood could make a loop if brad were waving
the object.

it could have caused by blood dripping from a finger belonging to nancy or brad while the hand was waving wildy during an attack.

it could been caused by a quick succession of blows and not be the result of one blow.

This is all true of course. At the same time, if it was a blood smear (a victim fending off attack, attacker has vic's blood on their hands/arms which transfers back to vic OR the vic puts own hand to wound and gets blood) it certainly could loop around or whatever.

My point is - which is the ENTIRE point I'm trying to make - if LE thought that was reasonably fresh blood of any type, for any reason they'da locked his *advertiser censored* up.

Why is that so difficult to understand?

what is so difficult to understand that brad could claim that an intruder
caused the injuries to nancy that caused the blood splatter
(if it is blood at all)?

the cops build a case then hand it over to the DA.
they don't want the killer to walk on a technicality.

they want an airtight case before they arrest. the clock starts ticking for the trial to start once they make an arrest.

That must be his mother. Well at least the neighbors know they're safe since the killer murdered the one person he meant to.

public service announcement for the women of cary*:

do NOT have an affair with brad or spend HIS money. it could be fatal.

(* or anywhere else in this great big world)

and women, don't hyphenate your name when getting married.
if it doesn't work out, you may leave a very nasty ex-husband will will lash out at others for referring to you by your old hyphenated last name.

Thanks, RC. You must be in the "business". I don't know very much. (Referrring to the question I asked about the silence.)

You are doing just fine. If you continue to follow this case, it will be quite a learning experience for you. The justice system is rather amazing - but one can never say they know it all. Stay with us. :)

Aren't you glad they share what they don't know, like about those other warrants. Guaranteed they know considerably more than we do.

It certainly doesn't bother me that they (the media) share whatever they want, and however they want to share it. [ Their main driver is to generate revenue from advertising/viewership ]. It's fine with me - they're a business.

I just don't necessarily take everything stated in a media report as a hard undisputed fact just on face value. (Too many evidences of mis-statements / mis-spun information, or just plain inaccuracies (not intentional no doubt, but just reality)).

So yeah, I agree with you 100% that the media knows very little... they print even less than what they know... and we know even less than what they print. :)

It certainly doesn't bother me that they (the media) share whatever they want, and however they want to share it. [ Their main driver is to generate revenue from advertising/viewership ]. It's fine with me - they're a business.

I just don't necessarily take everything stated in a media report as a hard undisputed fact just on face value. (Too many evidences of mis-statements / mis-spun information, or just plain inaccuracies (not intentional no doubt, but just reality)).

So yeah, I agree with you 100% that the media knows very little... they print even less than what they know... and we know even less than what they print. :)

So you think nancy's body is still sitting in the morgue ?

Lease vehicles are not exempt from following the requirements for licensing. There must be one sticker in the upper left and one in the upper right of the plate, the two stickers are different colors and vary in color depending on the month of expiration, the plate frame must not cover the stickers. This vehicle was a purchase not a lease - the vehicle was in Brad's name (only) for 2006 and 2007 -not in 2008.

I'm still very curious about this.

Why weren't the plates that are on that vehicle renewed for 2008? They should have been in Jan 2008, IIRC. There they sit in July 2008. Hmmm.

Why doesn't the SUV show up in his name for 2008?

Are those plates still on the SUV?

I noticed the photo on the memorial website of Nancy "walking the dogs" while sitting on the garage sofa, that there was a pegboard on the back interior garage wall. There was a long axe on that pegboard. I couldn't see what else was hanging there. Now what would Brad do with a long axe?

Here's my post a page back. Saint, are you the one who is enlarging/enhancing pics for us? Can you look at that garage pic where Nancy is sitting on the garage in the sofa? I want to see the tools on that pegboard at the back wall of the garage. Especially the long axe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd