Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That picture's from 2004 ... who knows what is/isn't there anymore..

Here is basically the transcript from AL's report on WRAL.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3446063/

Department of Justice reports that nearly a quarter of all murder victims nationwide are women – many of them mothers and many of them killed by men they knew.

North Carolina's murder rate for women ranks ninth in the U.S, according to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, and the majority of those victims were killed by an intimate partner.

Department of Justice reports that nearly a quarter of all murder victims nationwide are women – many of them mothers and many of them killed by men they knew.

North Carolina's murder rate for women ranks ninth in the U.S, according to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, and the majority of those victims were killed by an intimate partner.

Thanks, RC! I missed the live report so I appreciate this.

(Trying to plan a trip and keep up here - all at the same time. Multitasking at its finest? :))

Thanks, RC! I missed the live report so I appreciate this.

(Trying to plan a trip and keep up here - all at the same time. Multitasking at its finest? :))

Wonder if AL had to get a subpeona to get that guy from Interact to talk ? :) Chris Morgan does confirm however that the DA's office isn't going to move on a case until they know they can prove it.

You think that's a fairly big rock?

Seriously?

I think the boredom of no news is setting in and staring at naval lint somehow seems an interesting thing to do to pass the time.

why so snarky?

yes, i do think it is a"fairly big" rock that someone could trip on.

i don't consider looking at the photographs taken as "staring at naval lint."
you can enlarge that yourself.

It could have been done at the ME's location - they do provide that service. To me it is not important if her ashes were in the urn or not. Bottom line is she was cremated whether one wants to believe the press or not.

I believe that she was cremated. I just wouldn't presume to know exactly when she was cremated. It could have been several days, it could have been a couple of weeks. The truth is, I don't think anyone here really knows.

Thanks for the info. Ninth seems pretty high. The article looks like the same text that was published by NC Wanted earlier.

RC, does North Carolina take more time in building a homicide case than other states? Or, is it typical for the procedure to take two years or longer (I'm thinking of the Young case)? Two years seems like such a long time. Is that what we should expect for Nancy? I don't know much about this at all.

Wonder if AL had to get a subpeona to get that guy from Interact to talk ? :) Chris Morgan does confirm however that the DA's office isn't going to move on a case until they know they can prove it.

Don't know about the subpeona part, but it sure is interesting that he was quoted in this report. I'll give ya that one! :)

Very well said, SG.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perhaps that's not a rock. Maybe it's a toad.

it could be toad. it could be a murder weapon.
a fairy could have murdered nancy.
brad could have murdered nancy.

Thanks for the info. Ninth seems pretty high. The article looks like the same text that was published by NC Wanted earlier.

RC, does North Carolina take more time in building a homicide case than other states? Or, is it typical for the procedure to take two years or longer (I'm thinking of the Young case)? Two years seems like such a long time. Is that what we should expect for Nancy? I don't know much about this at all.

Anderson, honestly I don't know the answer to your question but I think it is very possible. Only because of discovery laws being what they are in NC. The lack of recipricol discovery dictates that both LE and the DA obtain every stitch of evidence possible and to also anticipate possible scenarios to combat in case the defense has some evidence of their own.

As to the two or more years - I really don't know. There are a number of long term unsolved cases across the country - so I wouldn't say it is common to NC only or reflects on NC in any way truthfully. I think across the board that spousal murders are just harder to prove because DNA evidence is very arguable in such cases.

Anderson, honestly I don't know the answer to your question but I think it is very possible. Only because of discovery laws being what they are in NC. The lack of recipricol discovery dictates that both LE and the DA obtain every stitch of evidence possible and to also anticipate possible scenarios to combat in case the defense has some evidence of their own.

As to the two or more years - I really don't know. There are a number of long term unsolved cases across the country - so I wouldn't say it is common to NC only or reflects on NC in any way truthfully. I think across the board that spousal murders are just harder to prove because DNA evidence is very arguable in such cases.

Thanks! I hope there is a break or concrete evidence that will enable this to move much more quickly. I went to the North Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence site. On their homicide page they had several (presumably solved) cases that took place in 2008. So, in some cases there must be more evidence or perhaps confessions.

Regarding the rock (and anything else that seems out of place) - having small children around can result in all kinds of unusual things and placement of things. Who knows why a child might insist on putting that particular rock right there where it is?

I know when my son was small he insisted on some pretty unusual things and could be very particular about how they were set-up or viewed. As a parent I would give-in to him because, really, it was no big deal.

Just my 2 cents....

That picture's from 2004 ... who knows what is/isn't there anymore..

True. But, it does give us a sense of the tools BC had around, in addition to a closer look at the garage. Thanks for doing that Saint! Interesting.

The video is up now if anyone wants to see it.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/3451357/

Ninth????!!!! Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I better go talk s___ to my husband and give him a really big hug....:D:dance:

Regarding the rock (and anything else that seems out of place) - having small children around can result in all kinds of unusual things and placement of things.

Yes exactly. Not every artifact is an element of a crime or even hinky. Sometimes a little rock is just a little rock. My neighbor has 2 kids and the 3 year old played with a couple rocks and some colored chalk too. No crime was committed but the little 2 rocks were sitting outside! :eek:

QUOTE=CARYISHOME;2573901]Ninth????!!!! Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I better go talk s___ to my husband and give him a really big hug....:D:dance:[/QUOTE]

:yes: :rolling:

Yes exactly. Not every artifact is an element of a crime or even hinky. Sometimes a little rock is just a little rock. My neighbor has 2 kids and the 3 year old played with a couple rocks and some colored chalk too. No crime was committed but the little 2 rocks were sitting outside! :eek:

it was just an observation, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member