Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info. Ninth seems pretty high. The article looks like the same text that was published by NC Wanted earlier.

RC, does North Carolina take more time in building a homicide case than other states? Or, is it typical for the procedure to take two years or longer (I'm thinking of the Young case)? Two years seems like such a long time. Is that what we should expect for Nancy? I don't know much about this at all.

Anderson I keep thinking of Michelle Young too. It's been soooo long and with what they have now, I can't understand why they haven't done anything. If Nancy's case drags on like this, it will be horrible especially with the custody of the children at stake.

Anderson I keep thinking of Michelle Young too. It's been soooo long and with what they have now, I can't understand why they haven't done anything. If Nancy's case drags on like this, it will be horrible especially with the custody of the children at stake.

That truly is the heartbreak of it all. The families have no closure, the perpetrators are still walking around free as birds. I understand that things have to be in order but geeze, it's terrible for all involved.

Look at the rock compared to the brick on the house.

A standard brick (which those are) is 2 1/4"H x 3 3/4 D x 8" L.

IMESHO, that is a small rock.

That truly is the heartbreak of it all. The families have no closure, the perpetrators are still walking around free as birds. I understand that things have to be in order but geeze, it's terrible for all involved.

I totally agree!!!!

Yes, that is exactly what I am thinking. I wish something BIG would happen before the custody hearing!

Look at the rock compared to the brick on the house.

A standard brick (which those are) is 2 1/4"H x 3 3/4 D x 8" L.

IMESHO, that is a small rock.

it seems everyone has to be right about a rock.
sheesh.
move along.
leave it people.

Based upon the enlargements and contrast done by Saint, I stated in a previous post that I was 99% sure that the long object in the bag was a bed frame.

I am amazed that no one has commented on that.

RC, what would LE regard as a good reason to take a bed frame from the house?

To me, it would seem that they would have found some possible evidence on it, and that speaks VOLUMES.

Go back and look at the enlarged picture of the bottom of the bag, you can see the plate with slots that open away from the person carrying the bag. This shows it to be the metal frame of a bed, at least that is what it looks like to me.

CyberPro

I will tell you that I think there's a pretty good possibility that her remains were not yet in the urn at the time of service.

I have a very large extended family and have been through many deaths and several were cremated. Not one funeral service have I been to in which the person's remains were actually in the urn yet.

The funeral home generally sits the urn out and folks pay their respects but we've never gotten the ashes back in time for the memorial. I will also add that none of the family members were murdered either so there was no hold up in those instances for investigating reasons. It just usually takes longer to get the body back when a person is being cremated.

I don't think that this is always true. My father in law was killed in a horrific car accident on a Monday, family (because of various reasons) was delayed in being notified by the RCMP until Tuesday, the viewing was Thursday night and he was cremated Thursday night and we buried the ashes on Friday morning. So it can be done overnight (I believe they told us that the cremation process is about 4 hours). And the ME had done the autopsy, tests and the like on Tuesday (they received the body on Monday but it wasn't id'd until Tuesday because of the problems in notifying family). So I definately think her ashes could quite conceivably have been in the urn at the memorial service.

I don't think that this is always true. My father in law was killed in a horrific car accident on a Monday, family (because of various reasons) was delayed in being notified by the RCMP until Tuesday, the viewing was Thursday night and he was cremated Thursday night and we buried the ashes on Friday morning. So it can be done overnight (I believe they told us that the cremation process is about 4 hours). And the ME had done the autopsy, tests and the like on Tuesday (they received the body on Monday but it wasn't id'd until Tuesday because of the problems in notifying family). So I definately think her ashes could quite conceivably have been in the urn at the memorial service.

Agree. I have been to at least 2 memorial services where the ashes were in the urn.
Of course, we sure don't know for sure....

Based upon the enlargements and contrast done by Saint, I stated in a previous post that I was 99% sure that the long object in the bag was a bed frame.

To me, it would seem that they would have found some possible evidence on it, and that speaks VOLUMES.

Go back and look at the enlarged picture of the bottom of the bag, you can see the plate with slots that open away from the person carrying the bag. This shows it to be the metal frame of a bed, at least that is what it looks like to me.

CyberPro

Please point me to the picture you are talking about. Sounds interesting.

CyberPro

i think it could be a bed frame. it could have come from either brad's bed or nancy's.

brad hadn't had sex w/ nancy for 2 yrs. i'm sure he harbored resentment about that, especially if he felt like she was spending his money.
he may have felt that she owed it to him.

he may have felt like he owned her.

we may find out that nancy was sexually assaulted by brad.

it could have happened on his bed, her bed or at the construction site.

we don't know whether she was still alive when she reached the pond site.
he may have attacked her there.

we just don't know.

and that is the point about the rock.
we don't know.
it may mean something. it may mean nothing.

RKAB

I'm very sorry to learn about your father-in-law. :( Please accept my heartfelt sympathy! :rose:

cyber pro, are you seeing that object sticking out of the bag as being the head board portion or foot board portion of a bed frame or the sides?

i'm used to seeing black metal frames that are skinny

it seems everyone has to be right about a rock.
sheesh.
move along.
leave it people.

Well...believe it or not, I don't have an opinion about the rock.:crazy: Like you said, it's an observation and because of this and your other contributions, I still think you're a great sleuther!:dance:

cyber pro, are you seeing that object sticking out of the bag as being the head board portion or foot board portion of a bed frame or the sides?

i'm used to seeing black metal frames that are skinny

Saint,

Yes, you are correct. The Frame itself is skinny. It is usually a piece of angle iron, although it is probably some kind of steel, but it is angled and not very heavy gauged. BUT, there is usually a portion that attaches to the headboard, and sometimes the footboard. These take several forms, some of them have metal hooks that hook into pins that are in the headboard, and others bolt onto the headboard or footboard of the bed. After seeing this wider section in the enhancement that you did, it really rang a bell with me. I have spent enough time putting bedframes together to recognize it immediately.

CyberPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member