Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!!!! I'm so glad the dog show is over so I can catch up on reading the posts. I'm sick over the hair in the car. How can he even go out in public knowing what the LE took from the house. He really must not care or he's really stupid. I wonder if she had acrylic nails. They won't scratch or cut as badly as real nails would during a struggle. I agree that the other SW might be for his new plaything or SH.

I think it certainly is evidence but it doesn't prove the case. Don't get me wrong, it is powerful stuff but they have to connect the body to either the house, car or Brad.

Oh clearly it's not enough by itself. Many cases are formed item by item, brick by brick, if you will. Chauncy said it was just more 'he said/she said' and I was pointing to things that had nothing to do with any he said/she said.

If there is evidence of Nancy's blood or other fluids that would be consistent with death or dying or being attacked in her home, that would tie it to Brad.

And/or if there is evidence on the body like his DNA or fibers from the car on her clothes, then that ties him to the murder.

And/or if there is evidence of her hair and other forensic items in his car, or in his trunk or anywhere else on that car that would also tie him and her to the car and the crime. She didn't use his car. Her hair should not be in the trunk of his car or on/in the trunk lid or in the wheel well or anywhere else.

So we await information that may forensically tie him to the murder, or her body to the car, or whatever else may prove their fatal contact that early Sat. morning.

And, there are the things we did not get any confirmation on: discrepancies in his timeline, trips to HT, other lies, info that may have been found or will be found on the computers, hard drives, her personal notes, etc, etc.

Oh Yeah. What is this about LE's reasoning that NC was thought to be still alive when departing her house? I wonder what this is about if that is factual.

I'm also wondering where the warrants are for cell phone data from both his phone and Nancy's, as well as for the landline. Seems to me there should be warrants for these records to be consistent with an investigation.

good point, RC.

There's several things missing as of right now.

ETA: that could be another warrant because they'd have to subpoena the phone companies.

Kurtz & Blum Sept. 2, 2008, statement

"Three search warrants related to the Nancy Cooper case were released this afternoon. This has been widely reported as a meaningful development. The release of these search warrants makes public the state of the police investigation as it was some six weeks ago. They contain nothing new and shed no light on who killed Nancy Cooper.

Three search warrants related to the Nancy Cooper case were released this afternoon. This has been widely reported as a meaningful development. The release of these search warrants makes public the state of the police investigation as it was some six weeks ago. They contain nothing new and shed no light on who killed Nancy Cooper.

In any homicide investigation, an important early step is to check into the people who surround the victim. As Nancy's husband, the Cary police rightly scrutinized Brad Cooper at the beginning of their inquiry. Spouses, other romantic entanglement, friends and associates are among the first people an investigator must seek to rule out as suspects. Since that time, warrants were served, searches were conducted and items were collected and presumably studied in-depth to determine if they held any evidentiary value. The police investigation has also had access to information received as a result of the extensive cooperation that Brad Cooper has given and continues to offer. Despite all of this, the police have made no arrest and named no suspects. Had substantial, credible evidence pointed to Brad Cooper, he would be in custody.

We fervently hope the efforts of the police will allow them, very soon, to arrest the criminal or criminals who committed the heinous attack on Nancy and to bring peace and closure to the Cooper family. We ask again that anyone with information that might assist in the identification and capture of Nancy's murderer or murderers, please give that information to the Cary police. If you are uncomfortable going directly to the police, you can instead contact us at www.kurtzandblum.com through our Nancy Cooper investigation page. To date, we have turned over to the police all information received through this site; we intend to continue this cooperation. Keeping your information to yourself helps n one. If you know anything that could be helpful in solving this case, please bring it to light as soon as possible.

Howard Kurtz
Seth Blum

http://www.wral.com/news/local/page/3472448/

Well alrighty then. Bring on all those other warrants served on someone else !!! :crazy:

>Had substantial, credible evidence pointed to Brad Cooper, he would be in custody.

Ummm not true, Mr. High-Powered Attorney. They only arrest in this jurisdiction WHEN they feel they are ready to take a case to trial and not before. Not before DNA is back and not before they are totally done crossing 'i's and dotting 't's and making sure they've gathered all the evidence they can get to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury of 12. But you know that already. You know the DA demands an extremely high standard of proof and all pistons have to be firing before he'll ever move forward. And when he finally, finally does...yowza.

This is still an ongoing investigation and not all data is in nor have tests all necessarily been completed yet. And you know that too! But hey, thanks for playing 'my client didn't do that thar thing they said he done' game.

>Had substantial, credible evidence pointed to Brad Cooper, he would be in custody.

Ummm not true, Mr. High-Powered Attorney. They only arrest in this jurisdiction WHEN they feel they are ready to take a case to trial and not before. Not before DNA is back and not before they are totally done crossing 'i's and dotting 't's and making sure they've gathered all the evidence they can get to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury of 12. But you know that already. This is still an ongoing investigation and not all data is in nor have tests all necessarily been completed yet. And you know that too!

:rolling:

Did anyone else notice the Nike DriFit shirt they took from the home was size XL? Did NC run in oversized tops, or was it BC's, or someone else's?

Did anyone else notice the Nike DriFit shirt they took from the home was size XL? Did NC run in oversized tops, or was it BC's, or someone else's?

Yes I noticed it and the size. Nike stuff can run small. At least on me it does. You'd be surprised how little a women's XL is. It fits tight!

The undisclosed location warrant was issued on the 25th. The warrant you see for th ecomputer hard drives was issued the 28th - this is not a location but a thing and standard procedure to have a separate warrant for investigation of the hard drives.

The warrant for the undisclosed location is not among the warrants released.

I'm playing catch up after being away for a while. The search warrant is dated and signed by the Judge on 7/25 (also says received, executed on 7/25). The only place I see 7/28 is the date it was returned. Where do you see it was issued 7/28?

Need opinions folks:

Please note in regard to the "undisclosed location", I am starting to have doubts there is an "undisclosed location". Please note the following video- pay attention to when Mr. Crump shows the sealing order for the 25 July warrant - it does not reference an undisclosed location - truthfully it doesn't reference anything:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/media?id=6295029

And here at WRAL :

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3306798/

"A third warrant, dated July 25, does not specify a search location."

and also at WRAL:

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/07/30/3302839/19507-cooper_warrants_sealed_2.pdf

page 1

Looking at this I am beginning to believe there is no "undisclosed location" and that the warrant for retreival of digital/astral data from the computers is indeed the third warrant. Any thoughts ?

Kurtz & Blum Sept. 2, 2008, statement

"Three search warrants related to the Nancy Cooper case were released this afternoon. This has been widely reported as a meaningful development. The release of these search warrants makes public the state of the police investigation as it was some six weeks ago. They contain nothing new and shed no light on who killed Nancy Cooper."

Howard Kurtz
Seth Blum

http://www.wral.com/news/local/page/3472448/

If there had been any significant developments that suggest Brad was not involved, would we know about these through the media? Would Kurtz and Blum know of any new developments (if I am correct, I understand from my fellow sleuthers that they would)? If so, would the lawyers be in a position to make a statement to that effect?

The lawyers are still asking for the public to provide information, so it doesn't look like they know of any "new developments". That would mean that this information is still indicative of the current investigation, wouldn't it?

If you like, please feel free to weigh in Mr. Kurtz and Mr. Blum. I welcome your clarifications.

RC,

I'm starting to think the 3rd warrant might indeed be the computer hard drives. I'd like to believe they have additional SWs out, but I don't know.

That, and the "...crapping my pants..." is so true! Who says a narcissist won't kill himself? He might, to keep himself from going to prison or to keep LE from "having him" to themselves to "control" by taking him to prison if it comes to that. :burn:

THE GREEN DRESS: Was Nancy wearing a green dress and those seized shoes, at the party that night?

THE GREEN PLASTIC: Could he have used the green plastic to asphyxiate her? Or, could he have used it to cover the trunk bottom, to protect it from blood, etc.? I don't think I've ever come across green plastic very often. Unless they mean hard plastic. I'm thinking thin sheeting plastic?

I will always wonder what Scott Heider and Brad talked about while Brad and the girls stayed at Scott's home after the murder. The "what does Scott H. know?" question that I've asked before.

Brad knew Scott had a degree in criminal justice. Brad might have asked questions, even if veiled.

I've seen Heather Metour (Scott Heider's ex-wife whom Brad had an affair with). It was dark outside, but she did not have dark hair. I was not impressed favorably with her. She seemed bored, looking for something to do. I was across the street from her home, visiting a neighbor. I'd never met her before. (Someone asked about her hair color). All I can say is, she seemed horsey. I can't explain "horsey", but she was! :kilroy:

Still trying to catch up.

I am curious about the green plastic, too. What the heck is that? We have a couple of green tarps. Is that what they mean?

Horsey...You know, I think I know what you mean. I have seen that before.
:):)

Disclaimer: I am not "on the fence, and have not been for some time." I just want to offer this as a possible other solution.

1. On the hairs being found. It has not been determined that the hairs are human. I am sure this is quite simple, and no doubt has been determined already, but we do not have that information. It is possible that the car hit a dog/cat/squrrel/'possum or ran past an area where this had happened and picked up animal hair in those areas.

2. Hair in the trunk could have been caused by someone leaning into the trunk to get something and having their head rub against the lid of the trunk.

This does NOT explain why the previously solvenly BC suddenly gets a case of the "White Tornado Syndrome", nor why the timelines he has offered are disjointed. There is a LOT that is not explained, even if you accept all of the things that he said.

I still think he is the likely culpret, but I just wanted to offer possible alternative solutions.

CyberPro

If there had been any significant developments that suggest Brad was not involved, would we know about these through the media? Would Kurtz and Blum know of any new developments (if I am correct, I understand from my fellow sleuthers that they would)? If so, would the lawyers be in a position to make a statement to that effect?

The lawyers are still asking for the public to provide information, so it doesn't look like they know of any "new developments". That would mean that this information is still indicative of the current investigation, wouldn't it?

If you like, please feel free to weigh in Mr. Kurtz and Mr. Blum. I welcome your clarifications.

Anderson - as long as the press has the case number they would know about other warrants issued. This would include warrants issued on other persons that perhaps we have not heard of. Not sure that answers your question but I'm thinking both the press and K & B are checking with Ms. Bobbit on a routine basis to see if there are warrants either sealed or returned related to the specific case number.

Disclaimer: I am not "on the fence, and have not been for some time." I just want to offer this as a possible other solution.

1. On the hairs being found. It has not been determined that the hairs are human. I am sure this is quite simple, and no doubt has been determined already, but we do not have that information. It is possible that the car hit a dog/cat/squrrel/'possum or ran past an area where this had happened and picked up animal hair in those areas.

2. Hair in the trunk could have been caused by someone leaning into the trunk to get something and having their head rub against the lid of the trunk.

This does NOT explain why the previously solvenly BC suddenly gets a case of the "White Tornado Syndrome", nor why the timelines he has offered are disjointed. There is a LOT that is not explained, even if you accept all of the things that he said.

I still think he is the likely culpret, but I just wanted to offer possible alternative solutions.

CyberPro

He must have hit a big animal then or two animals since the hair was found on both the left and right front of the vehicle - but I suppose it is indeed possible. :)

The timelines he gives are most amazing I think. I still would like to know who made the 640 am call to Brad...

CyberPro

I agree that hair could have fallen in the trunk, but I don't think they would pay attention to an animal hair on the tires or that it could be mistaken to be human hair. I could be wrong though. I am also not on the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curtmarvin