Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I wish they'd have been more specific about the items.
The pink nail? Fingernail? Human? Acrylic or porcelain?
The green plastic? Piece of tarp? Lawn bag?

He was also taller than us (well, certainly ME), so that would affect how close he had to get in order to see over that slope down. Taller = could see it from slightly further away.

didn't think about the height difference between average men and women--that makes sense. given where we think Nancy's body was, do you think a man around 6'0" could see Nancy's body from the street?

RDD58....I am still wondering if like my 1st theory where I stated, she was not quite dead when he got her to the site, in horrible condition, but not dead, he dragged her to the other side of the white tarp, thought he finished her off and she tried to crawl to where she would roll over into the water?
Ugh! Lets hope not!! That would be too much for me to handle.

So, do you think he carried her to the car? I am having a hard time with the hair on the front spoiler and the wheel. How could that have happened?

Me too Caryishome. I actually got my dh involved and he drew me a diagram of how it could happen if he ran her over. I still didn't get it :crazy:and unfortunately I was interrupting his leisurely viewing of the History Channel and the last time I went back to him :talker: he told me we could go outside and he would demonstrate!:floorlaugh:

I work for the State. They are well aware of what's at stake here. Problem is they are under staffed and under paid.

IMO

Probably can get a couple hundred WS volunteers to help 'gratis' if they would just ask... :)

I'd think they'd be able to ID the hair pretty quickly if it's Nancy's. They can also tell if it came from her while she was alive or it came from her corpse, (this has been discussed in the Caylee Anthony case recently).

Unfortunately not in this case. It takes at least a few hours after death (and up to 1 or 2 days), per Lawrence Kobaliski, for the hair banding to start in a cadaver's hair. Any hair that Nancy shed as she was either in the house or put in the trunk or dumped would not (yet) show this banding pattern. No banding pattern = can't prove whether head hair came from a corpse.

A dead body is heavvvvy.

I don't think she was found in the "wet" part.

Heavy hunh? Voice of experience perhaps? We might want to know more....

On the "wet" part. It had rained very heavily the day before NC was discovered. I have not actually visited that location, but it was mentioned that the area was low-lying, sort of a low shoulder or worse. It is possible that some rain or runoff had remained in the low area, thus making it wet like a puddle, but not actually in the pond.

I do not think either situation bodes well for the removal of trace evidence from the body, but some could have been found. I am not completely sure about that location, but I know it was raining quite hard on Monday before the discovery.

CyberPro

Me too Caryishome. I actually got my dh involved and he drew me a diagram of how it could happen if he ran her over. I still didn't get it :crazy:and unfortunately I was interrupting his leisurely viewing of the History Channel and the last time I went back to him :talker: he told me we could go outside and he would demonstrate!:floorlaugh:

Now Jilly....don't you know better than to disturb a man who is viewing the History Channel?? :slap:

Heavy hunh? Voice of experience perhaps? We might want to know more....

On the "wet" part. It had rained very heavily the day before NC was discovered. I have not actually visited that location, but it was mentioned that the area was low-lying, sort of a low shoulder or worse. It is possible that some rain or runoff had remained in the low area, thus making it wet like a puddle, but not actually in the pond.

I do not think either situation bodes well for the removal of trace evidence from the body, but some could have been found. I am not completely sure about that location, but I know it was raining quite hard on Monday before the discovery.

CyberPro
Cyb, You should really go there. It will give you new perspective.

I also wonder if they determined which shirt he was wearing the night/morning Nancy left those scratches on his neck. It's possible there was some light bleeding from his neck, depending on how deep the scratches were, perhaps just enough to leave tiny spots on whatever shirt he had on THAT evening.

Maybe the Nike dryfit shirt?

RDD58....I am still wondering if like my 1st theory where I stated, she was not quite dead when he got her to the site, in horrible condition, but not dead, he dragged her to the other side of the white tarp, thought he finished her off and she tried to crawl to where she would roll over into the water?

Horrifying idea. we don't know when the kids normally woke up, but he absolutely wouldn't have taken them in the car while dumping their mother. i sure hope anyhow. that's unimaginable & unfathomable to me.

so, that would either speak to dumping nancy's body when doing his HT run around 4:20 a.m

OR leaving the kids at home & quickly driving over to the "dump site" closer to 7 a.m. Huge problem at that hour because it was light

That's what I was thinking..... Head Honcho making an ID?

I dunno Jilly - could be when it comes to court things - he is the guy. Could have been, however hoping it was Dr. Radisch (sp) who actually did the autopsy.

What he is saying is ludicrous!

Same for me when I got gas for the lawn mower. Maybe it spilled out on the back seat floor of my car but in no way was the smell so bad that I had to "clean" it in any way. The smell disappeared after a short while. And this happened a few weeks ago and he just decided to clean???!!! Belive me, there are more important things to clean....

I seriously cannot imagine why he would have gas in his car except to refill the lawn mower.
:liar:
[/QUOTE]

And since when would you clean a gas spill with a vacuum?????

Had to be something about that shirt that caught LE's attention or, they had seen it before.

Yep! And the green dress, the shoes, the red top, the black jogging bra...

and again (I keep harping on this) but was Nancy's body found wearing a bra of any kind and, specifically, a jogging bra? I know none of us know, but this remains uppermost in my mind.

I took it as he had to walk toward the retention area to see the body. Not necessarily to the edge of the pavement. We retraced his steps while onsite.

There is a space of, maybe, five to eight feet from the road to the point where the ground drops rather sharply (say 2 feet) to the bottom of the retention area. The flowers being talked about are there, at the bottom of the retention area.

When I saw the area, it was a good 10 feet from the the drop-off areas to the actual pond.

So, he would have had to carry a body a good 15 feet to put her actually into the water. AND he would have had to lift her over the black plastic holding the water back.

No, I still believe it was a quick drop.

=stillblv;2608166]

And since when would you clean a gas spill with a vacuum?????
I suppose only if you dumped some absorbing material to pick up the liquid and then used a vacuum to get that stuff up...but within a couple weeks after spilling, it would have dried up so again, MOOT point.

There is a space of, maybe, five to eight feet from the road to the point where the ground drops rather sharply (say 2 feet) to the bottom of the retention area. The flowers being talked about are there, at the bottom of the retention area.

When I saw the area, it was a good 10 feet from the the drop-off areas to the actual pond.

So, he would have had to carry a body a good 15 feet to put her actually into the water. AND he would have had to lift her over the black plastic holding the water back.

No, I still believe it was a quick drop.

We all agreed when we saw it that this was a quick 'drop 'n run' scenario. Just where she was found compared to how absolutely dense the foliage/shrubbery was around the pond area. This dumping was done in a hurry, from the edge of the paved area, in our humble opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member