Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they know where she resides. She could have moved once she got her MBA. She appeared young, so might try her hardest to stay out of the spot light. We also don't know her status as relationship..marriage, engaged or single.

Is she suppose to be the one who called NC about the affair she had with BC?

I think BC stated in his deposition that HM is the one who called Nancy. IIRC, he had to come home from work to deny the affair because of her phone call.

I think BC stated in his deposition that HM is the one who called Nancy. IIRC, he had to come home from work to deny the affair because of her phone call.

I thought one of NC friends stated NC received a call from someone, and it wasn't HM. I will go look, I could be wrong.

I just like to combat hate! So many people want to just spew hateful things... like, "I had a boyfriend like that once... who cares???" Why are people like that?? What has happened to our society that someone goes on a website and says they don't care about a murdered woman whose killer has not been caught? They just want to go on there and be smarta..es and say mean things. I just should not go there anymore I guess if most sleuthers believe it's not worth the fight. I have seen a couple of the more intelligent/ knowledgeable posters from here go on there and try to combat the hatred but it just continues...

Golo doesn't have the corner on the 'hate' market out there on the big Internet. If you feel your time is best served by being there and arguing with the people there, then that's fine, and that's the right place for you to be. I doubt people who choose to spend their online time here on WS are looking to get into arguments with folks who neither know the case, the law, the evidence, and who have no interest in delving into those areas. Further, I'm pretty sure WS doesn't want their members solicited for other forums.

I thought one of NC friends stated NC received a call from someone, and it wasn't HM. I will go look, I could be wrong.
Mom, I think I remember reading something about Nancy getting a call from someone about BC's affair w/the French chick... I remember something about that.

Golo doesn't have the corner on the 'hate' market out there on the big Internet. If you feel your time is best served by being there and arguing with the people there, then that's fine, and that's the right place for you to be. I doubt people who choose to spend their online time here are looking to get into arguments with folks who neither know the case, the law, the evidence, and who have no interest in delving into those areas.

I could have sworn I saw you on there fighting the good fight not too long ago. And I have seen Topsail Girl there. So, I guess there are a few who do both.

I just feel education is important, I guess.

As far as soliciting anything, I don't believe I'm doing anything wrong, but thanks for being the moderator of the moment.

Not only can they not taste it... they can't even smell it. When the crow flies down, kills itself, lays itself on a plate, and someone puts a bite on a fork and feeds it to them... only then, perhaps.

No, some people just need more than message board fodder to come to the conclusion that someone is guilty of murdering their childrens mother. As I've said many times, BC is the likely culprit. I just have not seen anything presented yet that comes close to the burden of proof necessary to say he is guilty. Not even the circumstantial evidence. On the other hand, I believe Jason Young is guilty.

No, some people just need more than message board fodder to come to the conclusion that someone is guilty of murdering their childrens mother. As I've said many times, BC is the likely culprit. I just have not seen anything presented yet that comes close to the burden of proof necessary to say he is guilty. Not even the circumstantial evidence. On the other hand, I believe Jason Young is guilty.

I understand. I believe this is a little more than "message board fodder," though. Seems the posters on WS have gone to great lengths to provide media links, affidavits, photos, research, and put it all in one place which gives it a little more credibility than just talk.

CM affidavit #7..NC was contacted by someone who was working on a school project with BC.

It's true we do not yet know what evidence (forensic) may exist to link Nancy to her murderer. There may not be a clear smoking gun in this case...we shall have to see. Other wife killers have been successfully convicted even when there's been no 'smoking gun.' It doesn't mean there isn't some good evidence in this case--we are not privy to it at this point if it does exist.

I could have sworn I saw you on there fighting the good fight not too long ago. And I have seen Topsail Girl there. So, I guess there are a few who do both.

I just feel education is important, I guess.

As far as soliciting anything, I don't believe I'm doing anything wrong, but thanks for being the moderator of the moment.
jmflu....not to long ago I said that "ingnorance is bliss," and GOLO appears to be the site for that. You came from GOLO for that reason and joined WS to get better educated as we all have, as well as have civilized conversations.

You have asked members of WS to go to GOLO and some did, but chose to do it only for that moment, as well as you have asked GOLO members to come here to get educated. That is enough to make them bitter at GOLO.

Soliciting 2 total different types of perspective views, one being more in favor BC did it vs BC didn't do it, is going to have a major clash.

I don't think SG is trying at all to be a mod, just GOLO and WS are totally different and we prefer to not have the clash with GOLO members. It appears she tried GOLO and didn't like it.

jmflu....not to long ago I said that "ingnorance is bliss," and GOLO appears to be the site for that. You came from GOLO for that reason and joined WS to get better educated as we all have, as well as have civilized conversations.

You have asked members of WS to go to GOLO and some did, but chose to do it only for that moment, as well as you have asked GOLO members to come here to get educated. That is enough to make them bitter at GOLO.

Soliciting 2 total different types of perspective views, one being more in favor BC did it vs BC didn't do it, is going to have a major clash.

I don't think SG is trying at all to be a mod, just GOLO and WS are totally different and we prefer to not have the clash with GOLO members. It appears she tried GOLO and didn't like it.
I don't believe the majority of folks on GOLO WANT to be educated to the facts. It would be beating a dead horse trying to convince them using reality based logic. At least the common denominator on this site (or it seems to be) is open-mindedness regardless of belief.

I personally don't have the time or energy to waste fraternizing with people who have a
mob mentality. I don't find it stimulating or educational.

They are more representative because they are commenting from a "general" site - i.e. the news / TV station, they are more likely to be local.

They have not sought out this more specific website to learn and converse with others and dive into this discussion more in detail.

I would say they have a cursory knowledge and are basing their opinions on that. I suspect that's going to be the "normal" juror based on my limited experience with that process - basically - it scared the hell out of me with regard to the "average joe".

It's pretty much what I see there.

Hi RNC,

I have not spent much time on GOLO, but I was directed there recently by JMFLU and looked a couple of other times also.

I am hopeful that the views presented on GOLO would not be a representative sample of the general population. I think that many of the posters (not all) are men who have had bad divorces and potentially were abusive/controlling to their former spouses at some point in their life. Some may have just had a hard time getting custody of their children. Hard to know for sure and this is just speculation. There are often opinion leaders on sites such as GOLO and that changes the tone of the conversation. I am just speculating, but I think that some of these individuals feel the need to stick up for Brad. It is almost as though they feel that they are part of the same club. Chat boards have given this group an outlet, which did not used to exist. In a sense, they are forming their own sort of community.

Of course there are others that are not convinced that BC may be guilty that do not fall into the category above, and I wouldn't have a problem with that type of individual being chosen for a jury. Some posters look for alternative theories, question new developments thoroughly and this is very different approach, IMO. They also do not tend to find fault with Nancy.

On another note, I have also been wondering about the possibility that there are also friends of Brad posting on websites. (Although, as we have learned from RKAB and Calgary, he didn't seem to have many of those.) K&B have asked for all web-based material (including chat room conversations) from all of NC's friends that filed affidavits. I'm not sure what this is for, but it seems to be related to controlling public opinion. I think that it would be prudent for TS to do the same with Brad's friends that have filed affidavits. They may not have posted anywhere, but if so, then I think that the same should apply to that camp.

Just some thoughts

BTW, I think that WS is different than sites such as GOLO, mainly because there is an opportunity to form a community based on exploring the case and I have found that most posters engage in a respectful dialogue. I seem to remember reading that the interaction on some websites can be compared to road rage. Because of distance, people will speak and act in a way that they would not normally do in a social situation. I joined WS, because of the community element and the opportunity to communicate with people who clearly have expertise in various areas (including local knowledge) and are interested in analyzing the case more thoroughly.

Perhaps off getting those splinters removed from their :behind:s! Fence sitting can get to be a tad uncomfortable over time.

:toast:

Crow tastes :eat: horrible I hear.

Not only can they not taste it... they can't even smell it. When the crow flies down, kills itself, lays itself on a plate, and someone puts a bite on a fork and feeds it to them... only then, perhaps.

Where are all our 'fence sitters' today?

Wow. I guess after reading that affadavit, we can close the case. No sense in any further discussion.

I wasn't really sorry when the "I'm not sure he did it" forum got closed because most of the posts there were from people who are sure BC did, but that doesn't mean I don't read along. I'm not from Cary, I don't know anyone involved, and don't have a horse in this race. I'm stunned, though, that a board which never fails to mention how CONTROLLING Brad is won't allow an independent thought. :confused:

Why is it so unacceptable to wait for LE to do its job?

Hooray for the latest aff from Brad's ex-fiance. I knew those Canadian folks would eventually start showing up in a legal sense. There will be more to come. Thank you JWB (I think I got the fiance's initials correct).

As to the bickering here, just ignore it from now on. Don't speak to it, except that I will say there may be a handful of posters here who: 1) take it upon themselves to try and "run" the show (dominate), pride themselves in their WS message board persona/display of knowledge, and seek to control a little too much at times. This isn't the witness stand!

No certain level of intelligence is required here, nor is there a need to be pedantic and chastising. We know what will happen. The REAL mods will come here and lock this thread down, THEY will do the parental chastising and they will put those of their choice in the TIME OUT chair in the corner.:D

I suppose personal egos and personalities come out and will continue to do so.

Back to Nancy Cooper: The air is ripe with excitement and weariness at the same time. Stuff is coming down! I come to WS to look for people's ideas, knowledge, and sniff out the latest legal discoveries. :woohoo: If there is somewhere else that's better, please let me know. I like variety.

Possible Theory:
Brad and Celine hit it off in France and really connected on a friendship level. He tells her about his affair and how his marriage is on borrowed time. Maybe they flirt and joke and make sexual comments to each other. His marriage is over and maybe Celine wants more out of the friendship. Maybe they were alone in the hotel room and when it came time to "act", he turned her down. She is made to look like a fool by BC. Then the murder happens and the ultimate payback would be to tell the NC camp that she had an affair with BC.

When AS asked if Celine was a truthful person, his answer to me was a genuine “Yes”. He may not know how bad he hurt Celine and can’t fathom her lying to the NC camp about an affair that never happened. He may think they are still friends. Not saying that Celine lied, but people have lied about affairs before to get back at the other person.

Someone stated that BC might have the girls around different women and this is not healthy. The judge can put in restrictions such as “No overnight guest with whom you have an intimate relationship”. Violate the papers and you lose custody.

I understand. I believe this is a little more than "message board fodder," though. Seems the posters on WS have gone to great lengths to provide media links, affidavits, photos, research, and put it all in one place which gives it a little more credibility than just talk.

The "fodder" is the speculation as to what it means. I understand that is the point of message board forums, and I engage in it too. Ie, the affi says this, so this means Brad must have done x, y, and z...those poor kids :furious::behindbar:mad:

Wow. I guess after reading that affadavit, we can close the case. No sense in any further discussion.

I wasn't really sorry when the "I'm not sure he did it" forum got closed because most of the posts there were from people who are sure BC did, but that doesn't mean I don't read along. I'm not from Cary, I don't know anyone involved, and don't have a horse in this race. I'm stunned, though, that a board which never fails to mention how CONTROLLING Brad is won't allow an independent thought. :confused:

Why is it so unacceptable to wait for LE to do its job?

:clap:

I have been so proud of so many of you and how smart you are and how excellent this website is, that I wanted to share WS with the world and especially with some of the GOLO posters who I felt were basking in ignorance and being rude. I have seen posters come here with a rude, one-liner comment like they did on GOLO and end up turning into more mature conversationalists with respectful commentary. I guess it is true that for the most part, people who post there are sticking up for Brad, and those on here tend to think him guilty, although I have seen both points of view on each. I have absolutely no problem with anyone with a different point of view; it's the people I mentioned before that I had hoped could be educated. It didn't occur to me that the people on this board would not want them here. Sorry about that.

Where are all our 'fence sitters' today?

Right here, still sitting on the fence. I hardly think a one sided story about the actions of an immature 22 or 23 or however young he was, man, proves anything more than he chose to act like turd. There are a lot of a$$holes in this world, does not make them guilty of murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member