Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure where you are, but if in NC, you can ask for a prayer for judgement and as long as you are not caught speeding again for 2 or 3 years, you will not receive points on DL or insurance. :blowkiss:

SG - - How fast were you going? and what was the speed limit. If you were going less then 10mph (so 9 and below) over the speed limit...Just pay the fine and NOTHING goes to your insurance. If it was over 9 (10+mph) you can go to court and ask the DA to reduce the speed to under 9. You pay court cost and the ticket fine and NOTHING goes on your insurance. If they will not reduce the ticket then you can do the pray for judgment. Normally they reduce the speeds if you have a good driving record.

North Carolina does not offer defensive driving to get rid of tickets.

You appear to be correct. Not sure where you got the year of birth for Gary Lane Beard but definitely different middle names. Thanks for clearing that up. Now if people would start publishing their DNA signatures, these close calls with mistaken identity could be avoided. :bigstick:

Shhhhh - don't give the government any more ideas on how to control us after ripping us off. :crazy:

As for how I found out - I have a very good source who has never failed me. I can post the info but will have to redact addresses and what not if you care to see the printout.

I think it was Momto3 who told me this a few weeks ago. She said that the CPD is known for being very tight-lipped about their cases and they will absolutely not ever talk about any case to anyone...not one word....other than those official PR statements that don't really say anything.

The cops never comment, they are banned from doing so...not just in the Cooper case, but on ANY case. And they comply with those orders. Unlike the kind of leaks one sees coming out of other police forces and the larger ones (like L.A., NYC and others for instance), little Cary PD is run differently and they will not talk. That makes me happy (even though of course I'm curious about the evidence). But nope. Not gonna happen.
I did tell you that SG. It was a local LE from a town very close by that told me how tight lipped the CPD is. They said the LE from adjacent towns can't get any info unless it involves them for part of the investigation.

I think we are now witness to that.

DO not use your "prayer for judgement" unless you passed a stopped school bus, speeding in a school zone, or drag racing. I'll walk you thru it if it is only speeding. Who do you think had 2 kids on the court schedule last month??:mad:

You couldn't talk yourself out of a speeding ticket with a cute CPD?

It was in a school zone...I never even noticed the school!! :eek: I didn't say he was cute. I said he was young. But not JA Young! :wink:

DO not use your "prayer for judgement" unless you passed a stopped school bus, speeding in a school zone, or drag racing. I'll walk you thru it if it is only speeding. Who do you think had 2 kids on the court schedule last month??:mad:

You couldn't talk yourself out of a speeding ticket with a cute CPD?
Well, she probably could have gotten out of it if she wasn't giving glowing reviews of JA Young! Geez, the poor guy was probably jealous. She should have asked the young man to come mow her yard...or at least invite him for a beer. :)

SG - - How fast were you going? and what was the speed limit.

48 in a 25 zone. :eek: :blush:

Well, she probably could have gotten out of it if she wasn't giving glowing reviews of JA Young! Geez, the poor guy was probably jealous. She should have asked the young man to come mow her yard...or at least invite him for a beer. :)

or both! I was on my way to corp HQ for an interview...my mind was not so much on the officer (nor apparently on my speed either).

It was in a school zone...I never even noticed the school!! :eek: I didn't say he was cute. I said he was young. But not JA Young! :wink:
You commented quite awhile ago all the CPD were cute...so I figured he was too! LOL
School zone is a total different animal now....I have a name for you to call. Will get it to you.

'Abuse' can take lots of forms from the very subtle to the very violent. Throughout can mean there was behavior she interpreted as abusive in one form or another that she can pinpoint in hindsight. We don't have the luxury of knowing how she interpreted 'throughout.' It could have started with the odd comment about her looks or her weight...something subtle to bring her down a notch or two. It might have started after the first few months, when Brad was probably on better behavior in the beginning stages of dating. RKAB described something similar in how she was talked to by Brad.

I'm guessing since she did get out/away from that rel'p and by her own admission never had another rel'p in which she was treated similarly, she neither enjoyed being 'abused' or 'belittled' nor perpetuated it into a pattern of getting involved with abusive men in general and, by the fact that she ended it, did not plan to spend her life in a rel'p in which she felt abused/mistreated.

Well, something just doesn't jive with me to have a situation where a relationship is apparently so good that there are plans to marry within a year yet to then claim that the whole relationship consisted of emotional abuse. It sounds like revisionist history. But, that's just me.

Shhhhh - don't give the government any more ideas on how to control us after ripping us off. :crazy:

As for how I found out - I have a very good source who has never failed me. I can post the info but will have to redact addresses and what not if you care to see the printout.

No need to post anything further, especially if it is not public info already.

Well, something just doesn't jive with me to have a situation where a relationship is apparently so good that there are plans to marry within a year yet to then claim that the whole relationship consisted of emotional abuse. It sounds like revisionist history. But, that's just me.

I thought the same thing. It's more likely she moved out because Brad and Nancy were living together in the same building and she didn't want to be reminded of the fact that BC was with someone else on a daily basis.

Hell hath no fury...

The only problem I have with this point of view is why the heck would anyone, unknown to this issue, want to drag themself into this load of hatefulness, no matter what axe they may have to grind ? That part makes zero sense to me, knowing they may be subpeona'd, issued an oath and then get up and lie - to grind an axe - I just don't see it.

My second thought would be did Brad think so little of her he couldn't remember her real name or was he being purposely deceitful.

"What a week! Sis was married last week on Saturday down in SC, then we rushed home so I could be deposed. Talk about an abrupt mood change."

Can be found at:
http://art2mis.blogspot.com/

I guess this is good news for the NC Camp!!!!!

Boxy quote below:
"I thought the same thing. It's more likely she moved out because Brad and Nancy were living together in the same building and she didn't want to be reminded of the fact that BC was with someone else on a daily basis.

Hell hath no fury..."

I don't know why that is so hard to believe! :confused: We had quite a discussion on the forms that abuse can take in the first "not convinced" thread that perhaps you may want to look at. The honeymoon phase following episodes is part of the cycle of abuse and for this reason the abused person can become hooked into the relationship again.

It is common knowledge that many women end up in abusive relationships and that some NEVER leave. Why would you suggest that this particular woman would lie? I see absolutely no reason for that at all. She has moved on and is now married, so why would she bother to file the affidavit if this is not true. I think that it is amazing to reframe this by saying that Jennifer moved out because NC now lived in the apartment. That's revisionist history!!

I see no reason not to trust her affidavit. She is going out of her way to help NC, and it seems to me, that is all that she has to gain. She probably counts herself as lucky. And remember, BC didn't remember her name (even though he was engaged to her), so there must have been some reason that he did not want anyone to be able to contact her . . . . .

Boxy quote below:
"I thought the same thing. It's more likely she moved out because Brad and Nancy were living together in the same building and she didn't want to be reminded of the fact that BC was with someone else on a daily basis.

Hell hath no fury..."

I don't know why that is so hard to believe! :confused: We had quite a discussion on the forms that abuse can take in the first "not convinced" thread that perhaps you may want to look at. The honeymoon phase following episodes is part of the cycle of abuse and for this reason the abused person can become hooked into the relationship again.

It is common knowledge that many women end up in abusive relationships and that some NEVER leave. Why would you suggest that this particular woman would lie? I see absolutely no reason for that at all. She has moved on and is now married, so why would she bother to file the affidavit if this is not true. I think that it is amazing to reframe this by saying that Jennifer moved out because NC now lived in the apartment. That's revisionist history!!

I see no reason not to trust her affidavit. She is going out of her way to help NC, and it seems to me, that is all that she has to gain. She probably counts herself as lucky. And remember, BC didn't remember her name (even though he was engaged to her), so there must have been some reason that he did not want anyone to be able to contact her . . . . .

And don't forget the name, ____________ of the
other woman that _____couldn't remember.

Boxy quote below:

Hell hath no fury..."

Anderson, I was forming a message similar to yours, but yours is better. All I can say is I agree and second everything you say. Star12 and NCmomof2boys have posted quite a bit of information regarding abusive relationships on the "guilty or not" thread.

Correction: The posts regarding abusive relationships are on thread #26. NCMom's is post #873. Well worth going back and reading. IMO

Anderson, I was forming a message similar to yours, but yours is better. All I can say is I agree and second everything you say. Star12 and others have posted quite a bit of information regarding abusive relationships on the "guilty or not" thread.

Thanks for the additional reference to Star's posts Reddress!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997