Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Zednick was SO sure it was NC she saw and not getting a response from CPD...
Why the HEXX did she NOT go to K&B who had a website set up and asked for information? :eek:
She waits until there is a climax in the case before she comes forward?? :waitasec:

Why the HEXX did she NOT go to K&B who had a website set up and asked for information? :eek:
She waits until there is a climax in the case before she comes forward?? :waitasec:

I had the same thought...they've been asking for info for awhile now. :confused:

Again - I believe she believes she saw Nancy.

Responding her to report puts CPD in a very awkward position of potentially letting out information they don't want out. They TOOK HER STATEMENT - that's all she's owed.

They don't owe an officer coming to her house with a sketch artist, they don't owe someone sitting down with her and explaining what they are doing with her statement, how they are following up, whether they believe her, whether they don't, or what information that they have that resulted in their lack of any of the above activities.

What would calling her back have accomplished? Does she have other information that she didn't share in her statement and would only divulge if someone called her? Or interviewed her? That doesn't seem logical.

So - I suspect she contacted K&B out of frustration (can't blame her) and they will run with this.

This is obviously not a surprise to LE and I suspect they are not the least bit flustered.

I do feel this case is coming to a head - and I suspect it's only awaiting the forensic exam on the computer harddrives from the FBI. In the last statement by police - they say it's not back yet and that seems to be the only thing that has been identified as not being back / done.

I agree that she is not owed anything. But I also agree that they shouldn't go on television and state something that is absolutely false.

I had the same thought...they've been asking for info for awhile now. :confused:

This sighting would help BC not hurt him...why would she not move on with no response from CPD??? K&B have asked for so long ANY information to please contact them....
Why crawl out of the woodwork now?

I agree. This is a potentially big development. I suppose the prosecution attorney (only thinking about a criminal trial for the moment) could also damage this person's credibility on a witness stand through their questioning...that is another tactic to lessen the blow to the case if there isn't evidence to refute this witness.

Somehow I think they better come up with something better than calling-out the witness on whether they know if Lochmere is a Drive or a Road... :)

Maybe she is not net savvy?

:) Some on the board were complaining that she went to K&B at all... and now we're complaining that she didn't go to K&B sooner...

Ask yourself if you had seen NC that morning, and had the same experience as this woman... what would you have done? Gone to K&B as soon as the opened their web-site... or waited patiently for LE? Now, knowing the custody hearing is this coming week, if you believe that you may have information that (in your mind) may keep an innocent man from having his kids taken from him... what would you do? Call 5-on-your-side? Call LE again? Call Nancy Grace? Call K&B?

Regardless of what we would do, and the timing of it, to me, what she did doesn't seem unreasonable.

This is so biased it is not even funny. Who cares why? With all of the inside information that you have, why didn't you call police or K&B?

Another personal attack Roy? I have no reason to call K&B that is why. I have contacted the CPD FYI!!!!

Another personal attack Roy? I have no reason to call K&B that is why. I have contacted the CPD FYI!!!!

It is not a personal attack. It is a legitimate question. I am glad you did your job as a citizen and reported it to the PD.

:clap: :clap: :applause:

hee! followed of course by the ever hopeful, "but as our needs change investigation continues, if we feel your background/qualifications info is a good fit we will contact you.

You're both hilarious! I heard a good bit of that cra@ working in HR. I always pictured some poor soul actually waiting for "our needs to change."

:) Some on the board were complaining that she went to K&B at all... and now we're complaining that she didn't go to K&B sooner...

Ask yourself if you had seen NC that morning, and had the same experience as this woman... what would you have done? Gone to K&B as soon as the opened their web-site... or waited patiently for LE? Now, knowing the custody hearing is this coming week, if you believe that you may have information that (in your mind) may keep an innocent man from having his kids taken from him... what would you do? Call 5-on-your-side? Call LE again? Call Nancy Grace? Call K&B?

Regardless of what we would do, and the timing of it, to me, what she did doesn't seem unreasonable.

I would have called the bug guy. He's about the only
one who seems to know what he's doing.

Too many people here who have an axe to grind. This is not a contest. Try and let the evidence define your theory. Most people are on one side or another and refute all valuable information. It is all about being right. The fact is we do not have enough information to prove a murder. Him being a fibber and a cheater doesn't mean squat. The either have evidence that he killed her or they don't. And NCSU is making some good points but this new evidence today also doesn't prove a thing either.

I can say the police screwed up big time if this is true.

I'm not on either side. I'm on the "I can't reasonably say that BC murdered NC based on what has been presented to the public" side of things.

If I was in her position and it supported BC statement that NC went jogging, your dang tooting I would go to K&B if the CPD hasn't responded. Why wait 3 months to do an affidavit? The custody has been an issue for the last 3 months. It didn't just surface where she felt compelled to finally speak out.

I call an ACE and ACE and a SPADE a SPADE.

Perhaps they're not surprised at all. It seems to happen regularly enough in other high profile cases that have come and gone before (Laci, O.J., Caylee, Stacy Peterson, just to name a few). There's usually some eyewitness to someone that the witness swears is THE person and they usually feel slighted when it seems like the investigation is headed elsewhere. In fact I can't right now think of a high profile case in which there hasn't been at least one eyewitness who swore they spotted the victim or someone around the time of crime.

A lot of times, that ID is done well after the disappearance. She saw the flyer the day of the disappearance here. There is a lot less time for her memory to be distorted in this case. It doesn't mean the person she saw was NC...she could still be wrong. But her affidavit seems credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper