Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox news is sure following this case. Just reported that two detectives have just brought out 6 evidence bags from the house but the majority remain inside the home. They hve looked inside the BMW suv in the drive through the windows but have not removed it or entered it at this time.

Another oddity, Brad Cooper's family in Medicine Hat were not aware Nancy was even missing until Tuesday. Brother is on the way.

http://www.medicinehatnews.com/content/view/35911/65/

Very strange - too distraught to even call his own family ? Hmmmm

Thank you for the info raisincharlie. It is very odd that his family didn't know till tuesday.

I agree, but she looks like she is in good shape, too. I know that I would be fighting back. I wonder if there really are scratches on his arms.

Hope so - the scratches, and if Nancy made them - sure hope his DNA is under her fingernails in a quantity suffiecient to rule out casual contact with him. Since Wake County is assisting with this investigation, I would sure like to see them solve this case to renew some hope for Michelle's case.

But you know LE has to be focusing on him - how else could they stand before the public and declare this murder was not a random murder ? Sure hope that isn't the standard line for LE - heard it before, soon to be two years ago. That evil murderer is still free and moving on with his life.

She could have not felt well from crohn's (the friends statement that she didn't feel well) and stress can certianly aggrevate this condition.
Just a thought.
I know plenty of people with crohn's. Some have very little issues with it, others it changed their whole lives.

I agree, but she looks like she is in good shape, too. I know that I would be fighting back. I wonder if there really are scratches on his arms.

It's been reported that he does have scratches on his arms. He has been wearing long sleeved shirts the past couple of days.

One of the first days when he was out searching, he was scratching his arms etc., and there was some speculation he may have gotten poison ivy and some posters speculated he was trying to scratch his arms up to hide what may have already been there.

JMHO
fran

If she was going to be gone an hour, you don't need water. I used to run in very hot climates. Sometimes, I would drink from hoses that I happened to see along the route. However, it's not hot early in the morning. She probably would be only gone an hour. You can get water when you get home.

That said, I don't think that she went out running that morning. I think that he killed her the night before and that he dumper her at 3 a.m. before he got to the store. He spent the rest of the time cleaning the house. I believe that there was a struggle there. I hope that, if Brad is the murderer, he is brought to justice. So sad...once again...

Yep - I don't think she went running either. All of the news stories say that because that's what Brad said. It'll be interesting to find out what she was wearing when she was found. If your scenario is true, would he have dressed her in jogging clothes and then placed her body?

Now that makes absolutely no sense to me. My family would most likely be the first I would call if my husband was missing...and then of course my husband's family right after. Yet how could we expect him to call his family if he couldn't even call 911. Again, not calling his family makes no sense unless you're hiding something and don't wnat your family to know.

He may not have wanted to call his family because, IF he's lying, they might be able to tell from past experience.

Just speculatin' :rolleyes:

fran

If she was going to be gone an hour, you don't need water. I used to run in very hot climates. Sometimes, I would drink from hoses that I happened to see along the route. However, it's not hot early in the morning. She probably would be only gone an hour. You can get water when you get home.

That said, I don't think that she went out running that morning. I think that he killed her the night before and that he dumper her at 3 a.m. before he got to the store. He spent the rest of the time cleaning the house. I believe that there was a struggle there. I hope that, if Brad is the murderer, he is brought to justice. So sad...once again...

FWIW, per NG's show last night, Nancy's normal MO for a run, was to drive to a local spot, (i believe some type of coffee house), meet up with a friend and go jogging from there. But, this time she did NOT do that, allegedly left home on foot. PLUS, she was found NOT in her normal running trails that her husband said she normally went.

ALSO, her husband said she went running with a person he did not know. (can't remember the name) Her normal running mate didn't know that person either. She'd heard the name, but didn't know they're phone number.

Just like Lisa Stebic who 'left with someone unknown.' :eek:

JMHO
fran

Thank you for the info raisincharlie. It is very odd that his family didn't know till tuesday.

Technically, the Medicine Hat article says that the brother didn't find out until Tuesday (the day the case was upgraded from a missing person). The father is already "out of the country" (in the US?) and the article doesn't mention whether his brother was sitting by the phone prior to receiving the news.

And to another previous commenter: Reports are that Nancy had just returned from a vacation with her parents, so if there had been trouble, it'd make sense that she may have run to them. Though, my money is that the Cary PD is more likely to be the ones to contact her family, back while it was a missing person and just as a means to rule it out.

Fox news is sure following this case. Just reported that two detectives have just brought out 6 evidence bags from the house but the majority remain inside the home. They hve looked inside the BMW suv in the drive through the windows but have not removed it or entered it at this time.

Another oddity, Brad Cooper's family in Medicine Hat were not aware Nancy was even missing until Tuesday. Brother is on the way.

http://www.medicinehatnews.com/content/view/35911/65/

Very strange - too distraught to even call his own family ? Hmmmm

Welcome to the twilight zone.Brad on Phone with FOX acting distraught HMMM Can we say Sott Peterson. Own family not knowing till 3 days later Once again SP.
An affair only difference this was with her freind.

Hi all! Newbie here. I decided to join here since IS is still down. Seems to be some friendly folks here.

:applause::newbie: I agree - friendly folk here....and super moderating!:gomods:

FWIW, per NG's show last night, Nancy's normal MO for a run, was to drive to a local spot, (i believe some type of coffee house), meet up with a friend and go jogging from there. But, this time she did NOT do that, allegedly left home on foot. PLUS, she was found NOT in her normal running trails that her husband said she normally went.

ALSO, her husband said she went running with a person he did not know. (can't remember the name) Her normal running mate didn't know that person either. She'd heard the name, but didn't know they're phone number.

Just like Lisa Stebic who 'left with someone unknown.' :eek:

JMHO
fran

I believe they said the name of who she supposedly went running with was Carrie or Cary.

A little update... I went to the site where Nancy was found to see if anyone had started leaving flowers, wreath, notes, etc. There was not. The problem I encountered is there are 2 cul-de-sacs that do not have a street sign yet. Both of the silt basins appear close in size, the white plastic in the same location, etc, so I did not want to start a memorial on the wrong one.

All the silt basins have the white plasic, so it was not there covering her like some thought it might be. The basins are not deep at all, they are a run off and temporary until a certain portion of the building is completed then they can be filled in.

Her home is surrounded with police, tv cameras, many cars, and of course yellow tape. I pass her home on almost a daily basis and today is no exception heading out on my normal route.

I have to say I am still very confused as and IF it is Brad how he knew of this undeveloped area to go to if he had not scoped it first.
Reason 1: Holly Springs Rd is absolutely not a road to jog (if he jogs) for any reason with its narrow roads, speed, hills and curves, etc.
Reason 2: He would have no absolutely no reason to head off Cary Pkwy in that direction for gas, groceries, resturants, work, etc.
Reason 3: The entrance to the new section is 1/2 mile behind an older home section that many would not even know about.

The only thing I can think of they might have friends in there and be aware of it. I don't know if at one time they might been looking to build in there. There are many new subdivisions going up around my home within a mile and I don't know what is going on within them, especially if it is in an opposite direction for me.

Being there today, all the activity occuring right outside the cul de sac, home being built, trucks, shallow water,etc So now I wonder if possible just possible premeditated by husband?

Technically, the Medicine Hat article says that the brother didn't find out until Tuesday (the day the case was upgraded from a missing person). The father is already "out of the country" (in the US?) and the article doesn't mention whether his brother was sitting by the phone prior to receiving the news.

And to another previous commenter: Reports are that Nancy had just returned from a vacation with her parents, so if there had been trouble, it'd make sense that she may have run to them. Though, my money is that the Cary PD is more likely to be the ones to contact her family, back while it was a missing person and just as a means to rule it out.

Can't think of any reason the brother would be sitting by the phone if he didn't find out about Nancy being missing until four days after she went missing. If the parents would have know do you think they would not have told the brother ? I think they would have told as soon as they found out - out of the country or not. My bet is no one in the family knew squat.

A little update... I went to the site where Nancy was found to see if anyone had started leaving flowers, wreath, notes, etc. There was not. The problem I encountered is there are 2 cul-de-sacs that do not have a street sign yet. Both of the silt basins appear close in size, the white plastic in the same location, etc, so I did not want to start a memorial on the wrong one.

All the silt basins have the white plasic, so it was not there covering her like some thought it might be. The basins are not deep at all, they are a run off and temporary until a certain portion of the building is completed then they can be filled in.

Her home is surrounded with police, tv cameras, many cars, and of course yellow tape. I pass her home on almost a daily basis and today is no exception heading out on my normal route.

I have to say I am still very confused as and IF it is Brad how he knew of this undeveloped area to go to if he had not scoped it first.
Reason 1: Holly Springs Rd is absolutely not a road to jog (if he jogs) for any reason with its narrow roads, speed, hills and curves, etc.
Reason 2: He would have no absolutely no reason to head off Cary Pkwy in that direction for gas, groceries, resturants, work, etc.
Reason 3: The entrance to the new section is 1/2 mile behind an older home section that many would not even know about.

The only thing I can think of they might have friends in there and be aware of it. I don't know if at one time they might been looking to build in there. There are many new subdivisions going up around my home within a mile and I don't know what is going on within them, especially if it is in an opposite direction for me.

Being there today, all the activity occuring right outside the cul de sac, home being built, trucks, shallow water,etc So now I wonder if possible just possible premeditated by husband?

thanks mom! he is an architect right? just me thinking outloud.

Thank you for the update mom. It could be premeditated but I am not sure. If he was out buying bleach at 4 in the morning then I would lean towards a fight and he killed her.

Where is Medicine Hat??? Previous articles said he (Brad)was from Canada also. Where does his family live? Is his mother still living- and what kind of relationship does he have with her?? I think there are some dys- in the function of his family or maybe I am naive- but if your child murders their spouse, are you completely shocked that they could do something like this? Or...is there something in the back of your mind that makes you realize they are capable of this kind of heinous act?

Where is Medicine Hat??? Previous articles said he (Brad)was from Canada also. Where does his family live? Is his mother still living- and what kind of relationship does he have with her?? I think there are some dys- in the function of his family or maybe I am naive- but if your child murders their spouse, are you completely shocked that they could do something like this? Or...is there something in the back of your mind that makes you realize they are capable of this kind of heinous act?

and to include the sister in law said she never met nancy :confused:

... My bet is no one in the family knew squat.
I agree. You have to once again ask yourself, "Does this sound like what a normal person would do?" I can tell you that I would have gone looking for my "jogging" husband first. I would have called his friends to see if he stopped by. Then, I would have called police. Then, I would have called all of my relatives. I would be frantic.

Now, if I went out running and was gone for eight hours, my husband would be in the media room and none the wiser. He would come up and wonder where I was. I'm not sure what he would do...

Where is Medicine Hat???

Medicine Hat is in Alberta, Canada. It's Brad's home town and I understand that Nancy was from Edmonton (which I believe is the capital of Alberta, but I'm not really up on my Canadian).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine