Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The right to a fair trial conflicts with the freedom of the press. If it were up to me, I would not permit the media to discuss cases before a trial concluded.

Then why are YOU here?

RKAB Thank you for your thoughtful and insightful post. You speak volumes about how this act affects so many people. Prayers to your side of the family as you all are victims of this senseless act.

ETA: I agree that it probably was not premeditated. Too bad he didn't call 911 right away instead of trying to cover it up.

Welcome RKAB,

I agree Pepper, 911 as soon as whatever happened, happened would have saved him a lot of grief. Pi** poor planning, if planned.
IMO

Do the mentally ill belong in prison or on death row?

LWOP. The criminally insane should never be given the possibility of ending up free to commit another murder.

Be nice Wudge, she is a family member.

Re Andrea Yates and Deanna Laney and anyone who commits such a vile act, especially against defenseless CHILDREN deserves LWOP. No exceptions, no excuses.

The insane should be shown no grace, given no redemption?

Exactly! And if caught in a lie about something that might be as innocent as a quick trip to the store, what else is a lie?

That is a good point but as of yet we do not know if he lied about what he bought.
Any one can claim anything on an internet board.
That is only rumor just like the rumor that NC was also in an affair.
So she could also have been killed by the person she was involved with.
It would also explain why her husband did not report her missing.
It could explain why he was not worried about where she was.
It could also explain why he thought she was running with a Carrie.

Also where her body was found is not considered to be a place where people would run but we saw a news photo of a gentleman running past the area she was found.

Inspiring.

(A perfect example of why I hold that we need professional jurors.)

Our founding fathers disagreed. Jury of one's peers excludes professional jurors. Though in the OJ case justice may have been served had the jurors been required to pass an IQ test!

Inspiring.

(A perfect example of why I hold that we need professional jurors.)
And, your's is a perfect example of why I hold judges, and LE elected officials accountable in this county. I let them know how I feel about re-electing folks who are too "into" criminal rights. I am not going to pay them with my taxes to allow a climate where criminals aren't too worried about what will happen to them if they "abuse" women. Murder being the ultimate abuse. The children without a mother will be abused for the rest of their lives. It's a life sentence for them.

The insane should be shown no grace, given no redemption?
No. Their acts prove that they were and are a danger to society and especially children. They should be incarcerated for the rest of their natural life.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke

I fear you are paddling upstream without an oar.

Solving a crime and incarcerating the offender is not "evil." "Evil" is not being outraged at such horrendous crimes as murder.

And, your's is a perfect example of why I hold judges, and LE elected officials accountable in this county. I let them know how I feel about re-electing folks who are too "into" criminal rights. I am not going to pay them with my taxes to allow a climate where criminals aren't too worried about what will happen to them if they "abuse" women. Murder being the ultimate abuse. The children without a mother will be abused for the rest of their lives. It's a life sentence for them.

I have no problem with a proper sentence (including death) given the required proof.

I have a problem with kicking people when they are down, mob beatings and lynchings. Call it a weakness.

And if one of them were my Mother?

If your mother is that evil, you got bigger problems than the rest of us. Lucky for you she didn't bump you off with the rest of the kids she killed (if you are comparing her to Yates).

Be nice Wudge, she is a family member.

Re Andrea Yates and Deanna Laney and anyone who commits such a vile act, especially against defenseless CHILDREN deserves LWOP. No exceptions, no excuses.

I think she said she was an "ex," which I took to be ex-girlfriend. Could be wrong.

So if Nancy went running and he went to the grocery store, who was watching the girls?

I have no problem with a proper sentence (including death) given the required proof.

I have a problem with kicking people when they are down, mob beatings and lynchings. Call it a weakness.

Wow, the people you are advocating for have no problem kicking other people/victims when they are down.

I think she said she was an "ex," which I took to be ex-girlfriend. Could be wrong.

No, you are right. I am an "ex". I have known Brad since high school.

It's sad...our grad class was so proud of no one dying from our year (previous years had always lost someone in a car accident). Instead, it looks like we produced two murderers (one guy murdered his mom shortly after high school).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman