Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear you are paddling upstream without an oar.

Solving a crime and incarcerating the offender is not "evil." "Evil" is not being outraged at such horrendous crimes as murder.

I'm not bothered by rightful convictions. I'm bothered by wrongful convictions. And I'm very bothered when rumor, innuendo, falsehood, myths, lies and lies given by LE to the media -- so as to have the media villify a person -- are used to destroy a person's right to the presumption of innocence.

So if Nancy went running and he went to the grocery store, who was watching the girls?

He never really said, did he? I thought he was saying that she was at home while he went to the store, then she went running. That's not how I would have done it. I would have gone to the store, since I was the one already up and dressed, taken the bread and milk home to him, and THEN gone running. Just makes more sense to me....... everybody's different.

No, you are right. I am an "ex". I have known Brad since high school.

It's sad...our grad class was so proud of no one dying from our year (previous years had always lost someone in a car accident). Instead, it looks like we produced two murderers (one guy murdered his mom shortly after high school).

Thanks for that clarification. I misunderstood. Consider yourself lucky to be an ex.

Wow, the people you are advocating for have no problem kicking other people/victims when they are down.

You are begging the question. It is fallacious logic to assume what you wish to prove. This lies at the heart of my problem in cases where people reason to a conclusion without the required evidence.

HTH

I find this extremely difficult. I feel so much grief for those two little girls whose world has been absolutely ripped apart. This is not something that will pass. This is something that will be with them their entire life. I feel for NC's family..what a horrible thing to have to endure. At the same time, I feel for BC's family. No one raises a child to become a murderer (if indeed he did this). BC's family has lost a daughter-in-law, are watching what's happening to their son and who knows how much access they are getting with their grandchildren. These people are grieving too. They are trying to hope beyond hope and believe in their son that he was not responsible for this. They, however, must realize that this does not look good for him.

I think the parents can not be blamed for his mental instability, I truly believe he has a chemical imbalance which in absolutely NO WAY does it excuse what's happened. I don't believe it to even be any sort of defense. There are tons of ways to work through chemical imbalances and personality issues. It is never a defense for murder, IMO.

Now before someone jumps on me for defending him or his family, I have a right to be so torn. I am one of those "ex's" from Canada. BC is from a good family. They gave him so many opportunities that others never had. The Calgary poster is right though. As a person, Brad can be materialistic, self-centered, narcisistic (sp?), moody, mean, emotionally controlling and the like. He can also be a good person, we all have good in us. Nancy must have seen more of his good side at the beginning to have wanted to have children with him and probably tried so hard (as all of his previous relationships did) to work through the bad.

I feel horrible for what NC had to endure and the outcome (at whoever's hands). This is such an awful situation. My head KNOWS how this is going to turn out, my heart wishes it would be different. I wish it was going to be a different outcome because I have shared part of my life, my family....with BC and can't believe that someone that I had put my trust in could ever be involved in such a horrible act. I don't feel sorry for BC because he put himself in this situation. I feel sorry for NC, those poor children and both families.

He is an intensely private person. He is also an extremely smart person which surprises me all the more that he would do something so stupid. I don't think that it was pre-meditated. I think there was an argument that got out of control, one thing led to another and she was gone and he panicked. Which is why everything is unravelling for him. If this was premeditated, he is smart...he would have covered everything to the last meticulous detail.

I think he's guilty. I'll say it clear. But I do feel for his family as well.

And Brad, if you're reading this, because lord knows if you're not in jail, you'll have that laptop all wired up, how could you?

RK, welcome to WS, I am very sorry for the pain and weight of this on you, your family and friends. This may sound easy to say, but I'd just like to remind you that please remember this "man" has no bearing on anyone else, and I dont what you or anyone else to second guess themselves for a second. Thank you for having the courage to share with us.

He never really said, did he? I thought he was saying that she was at home while he went to the store, then she went running. That's not how I would have done it. I would have gone to the store, since I was the one already up and dressed, taken the bread and milk home to him, and THEN gone running. Just makes more sense to me....... everybody's different.

If the trip to the store happened at 4 am then it is safe to assume
1. Nancy was home since she didn't leave the house until 6-7am,
or
2. Nancy was dead and dumped by then and no one was home with the kids

I vote 2.

I took it as he last saw her before he left for the store and when he got back she had already left to go running.

So where were the girls? Nancy doesn't sound like the type to leave two little girls home alone while she went running, even if they were asleep.

Otherwise I think he would've said he went to the store and last saw Nancy when she left to go running.

Or did she go running and he left to go to the store? Either way, there's a discrepency and the girls were there alone.

If the trip to the store happened at 4 am then it is safe to assume
1. Nancy was home since she didn't leave the house until 6-7am,
or
2. Nancy was dead and dumped by then and no one was home with the kids

I vote 2.

And let's not forget his trip to the store can't be proven.

I guess he forgot which store he went to ...

I am wondering if the parents are actually bringing the body back to Canada yet. The news up here is only reporting that a memorial service is taking place Wednesday, not a funeral or a burial. I'm sure their intention is to bury her here but I haven't read anything that says that they are bringing the body back. If Brad doesn't release the body to them for burial, they can't return her to Edmonton.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=02e33424-341d-4d58-b69c-3dba9469335e

And let's not forget his trip to the store can't be proven.

I guess he forgot which store he went to ...

In Cary, there aren't THAT many stores he could've gone to at 4am. The store would've had to be open 24 hours. That leaves maybe 3 grocery stores, and a Walmart.
Shouldn't be that hard to remember/check the survellience tapes at all of them.

Maybe she refused to do his laundry so he went to buy the detergent. Why would a person buy laundry detergent with bleach to clean up a murder scene ? I have never heard of using that, bleach yes, but not detergent with bleach.

In Cary, there aren't THAT many stores he could've gone to at 4am. The store would've had to be open 24 hours. That leaves maybe 3 grocery stores, and a Walmart.
Shouldn't be that hard to remember/check the survellience tapes at all of them.

Is 4 am the time he gave to LE? I thought I had seen it was around the same time she went "jogging."

I am wondering if the parents are actually bringing the body back to Canada yet. The news up here is only reporting that a memorial service is taking place Wednesday, not a funeral or a burial. I'm sure their intention is to bury her here but I haven't read anything that says that they are bringing the body back. If Brad doesn't release the body to them for burial, they can't return her to Edmonton.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=02e33424-341d-4d58-b69c-3dba9469335e

It's possible that the coroner's office hasn't yet released the body. I'm sure they want to make sure they get every thread of evidence off of it before release.

Is 4 am the time he gave to LE? I thought I had seen it was around the same time she went "jogging."

I think that time and the entire store trip came from the poster here. I don't think anything about the trip to store or what was purchased came from LE, but I could be mistaken.

You are begging the question. It is fallacious logic to assume what you wish to prove. This lies at the heart of my problem in cases where people reason to a conclusion without the required evidence.

HTH

Um, deflate the ego for a moment. I have to say I am getting a little tired of when some posters come on here for their own agenda and it has no contributory value to the matter at hand.

The question I am "begging", is have you ever heard of the terms theory and hypothesis?
This is a forum for the possibility of developing those, I find it insulting that you perpetuate that people on here would not have the adaptability to comply/participate in a real voir dire and subsequent empaneled juror situation. You have no idea of the background and experience of WS posters on here and therefore I find it is you that is "judging" and reaching conclusions based on opinions posted in an anonymous forum.
Furthermore, riding the rail of antagonism rather than stating a specific theory to defend is, well, tired already.

No, you are right. I am an "ex". I have known Brad since high school.

It's sad...our grad class was so proud of no one dying from our year (previous years had always lost someone in a car accident). Instead, it looks like we produced two murderers (one guy murdered his mom shortly after high school).

It is sad, for his family as well as for those who thought they knew him well. I don't know him, but if he did do this crime, I too think it was something sudden, unplanned. One of my cousins is married to a man with a personality similar to what we're hearing about Brad. I always have thought he was somewhat rude and obnoxious, but it never occurred to me that he could "erupt." Scary.

OK Peeps....we have a forum now for Nancy if you haven't noticed. Let's start using this thread for GENERAL discussion...spread out, organize. :blowkiss:

For all newbies that I have missed saying hello to:

welcome_group_purple_heart.gif

Maybe she refused to do his laundry so he went to buy the detergent. Why would a person buy laundry detergent with bleach to clean up a murder scene ? I have never heard of using that, bleach yes, but not detergent with bleach.

hmmm, I don't know. Maybe he never did any cleaning or laundry, so he didn't know what kind of stuff to buy.

I wasn't really thinking about the detergent when I posted that... had my mind on the children's breakfast.

hmmm, I don't know. Maybe he never did any cleaning or laundry, so he didn't know what kind of stuff to buy.

I wasn't really thinking about the detergent when I posted that... had my mind on the children's breakfast.

Tide works great on blood stained carpet.

Ok, I just posted a news article from today.

This article is especially touching. It brings me to tears. :(

Why does this keep happening? Why? :(

fran

PS.......{hugs} and prayers to all Nancy's family and friends....fran

http://cary.mync.com/site/cary/news/story/5580/family_holds_private_memorial_for_cooper

CARY, N.C. -
A memorial service will be held this afternoon for Nancy Cooper at Koka Booth Amphitheatre in Cary.

A Private memorial service was held Friday night for Nancy Cooper at the preschool her daughter Bella attended.

Candles were lit, memories were recalled and songs were sung for Nancy. Among the songs shared, the hymn, "Let It Shine."

As those attending the service sang, the sun broke out from behind a bank of storm clouds which had drenched the area minutes before.

It was as if the heavens themselves were crying over the Lochmere neighborhood where Nancy lived.

Then, moments before the service began, a rainbow spread across the sky. For some attending, it was an touching moment.

Oh,........yeah............at today's memorial service, they're going to have someone sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placeholder25