Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C - Media links only *NO DISCUSSION*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Memorial Dedication held for Nancy Cooper

Cary, N.C. — Family and friends of a slain Cary mother gathered Sunday for a small ceremony. The memorial dedication for Nancy Cooper came just days after her husband's video deposition was released.

Nancy Cooper's family flew from Canada to Cary to be at the ceremony held at Regency Park.

“We feel at home here, as she did. And you have all done her proud through your love and support,” said Jill Dean, Nancy Cooper's sister.

Those who showed up Sunday to support the family were mostly close friends of Nancy Cooper.

Nancy Cooper, 34, was reported missing July 12

<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3723450/

Dedicated Sunday Oct 12

101208_cooper_bench_420x280.jpg

Judge will hear Cooper custody battle

RALEIGH – The family of murdered Cary mother Nancy Cooper and her husband, Brad Cooper, went to court Monday to continue the fight for custody of the couple's two young daughter.

......................snip....................

Nancy Cooper's family claims that Brad Cooper frequently yelled at their daughter and belittled her. They also said he kept money from Nancy and had extramarital affairs.

Brad Cooper's ex-fiance, Jennifer Ball, also made accusations in a statement about their relationship in the late 90s.

"Brad was emotionally abusive to me. He constantly belittled me to other people. He frequently berated me about my weight and my physical appearance," Ball said. "He was emotionally detached and mentally cruel."

<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://news14.com/content/local_new...-will-hear-cooper-custody-battle/Default.aspx

Former fiancee says Cooper frightened her

RALEIGH - Bradley Cooper frightened his former fiancee so much that she moved out of her apartment when she discovered he had been going into her home when she wasn't around, she said.
Jennifer Windsor Ball, who was engaged to Cooper, said in an affidavit that he emotionally abused and neglected her during their year and a half relationship in the late 1990s. He later met and married Nancy Cooper.

"He constantly belittled me to other people," Ball said in the affidavit. "I had never before, and have never again, been in a relationship with someone who treated me so poorly."

Ball's statements echo descriptions that Nancy Cooper's friends have offered about her marriage before she was murdered in July.

<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1254078.html

Brad Cooper in court, former fiancée speaks

................snip.................

Attorneys for Nancy Cooper's family insist Cooper is a danger to his children.
"We are going to try to prove that Brad Cooper was involved in the murder of Nancy Cooper," one of the lawyers for Nancy's family said.

................snip...............

Late Monday afternoon, attorneys for Cooper filed three subpoenas in which they command the Cary Police Department to turn over all the evidence gathered to this point in the Nancy Cooper murder investigation.
They want all hard drives seized as evidence in the case, Cooper's laptop and the Cooper family computers.
They also request any and all video and recordings of any interview conducted with Cooper regarding the murder of Nancy.
The attorneys also seek from Cary Police all notes of interviews, lists of suspects, lists of witnesses, all exculpatory evidence and statements, physical evidence and personal property of Nancy seized in the investigation.
The subpoenas ask for all of this by Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.
........................snip...................

<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6446586&rss=rss-wtvd-article-6446586

Filings continue over Cooper custody

<<<<<<snip>>>>>>>>>

Brad Cooper's attorneys told News 14 Carolina Tuesday afternoon they want the investigation information to show the judge there isn't any evidence linking Brad to his wife's murder.

Stephanie Jenkins is a family lawyer and former prosecutor who is not involved with the Cooper case. She believes the civil court judge will have to determine what information she needs to review to decide for herself if Brad was involved in his wife's murder and if he is fit to care for his daughters.

“You're not talking about finding him guilty of anything in a civil case,” Jenkins said. “You're talking about what's in the best interest of the children and whether or not he had any involvement in his wife's murder or any cover up of it. That's certainly something the judge may consider when she's trying to decide his fitness as a parent.”

“He hasn't been charged with any crime and in North Carolina, as the sole surviving parent of these children, he has a constitutionally protected right to custody of his children until the judge in this case finds he's acted inconsistent with that right,” she said.

The judge is scheduled to start hearing the custody case Thursday. She’s expected to rule on the motion to quash the subpoenas before

http://news14.com/content/local_new...ngs-continue-over-cooper-custody/Default.aspx

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam
Back