Nancy Garrido - thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Actually she could have still been 12. If she conceived in April of 1993 she would have given birth in January of 1994. So in August of 2009 Angel would be 15. I have always felt she was only 13 if that at conception. I have also felt that NG knew she was pregnant when PG went to jail. When did PG go to jail. What month. Also, talking to a pregnant co-worker, pregnancies are actually closer to 10 months not 9. She (my co worker) said she was surprised to learn that too. If that is the case she (Jaycee) could have actually conceived in March of 93. I am going back to mapping this. Any thoughts?

Actually she could have still been 12. If she conceived in April of 1993 she would have given birth in January of 1994. So in August of 2009 Angel would be 15. I have always felt she was only 13 if that at conception. I have also felt that NG knew she was pregnant when PG went to jail. When did PG go to jail. What month. Also, talking to a pregnant co-worker, pregnancies are actually closer to 10 months not 9. She (my co worker) said she was surprised to learn that too. If that is the case she (Jaycee) could have actually conceived in March of 93. I am going back to mapping this. Any thoughts?

BBM. That is true. A "standard" pregnancy is 40 weeks. However, it is very common, particularly for first time moms, to carry to 42 weeks. Another thing to consider is that most due dates are calculated based on a 28 day cycle. Quite a few naturally cycling women have longer cycles, and in pre- and early teen girls cycles tend to be very irregular. This would push the date even further back. When I conceived my son my cycles were 33-35 days, which made my EDD a week past the "standard" one based on a 28 day cycle.

BBM

Locked back up 4/2/93. I don't know if they would have known that soon if conception was in March. But, they may have been planning to conceive with JC and that could have been what motivated NG to maintain JC's captivity while PG was locked up. That and her inability/unwillingness to see that what they were doing was beyond horrific. Oh, and PF was probably a big influence while PG was locked up, too. PG probably used PF and NG to keep each other in line. IMO, the 2 of them were probably extremely competitive for PG's affections and approval. Both would struggle with each other emotionally by trying to earn "brownie points" with him. He would TOTALLY use this to his advantage.

I was thinking about the stun gun that the charging documents state was used on Jaycee. I'm guessing that since PG was a parolee that he wouldn't have been able to purchase it himself (Is that correct?), and though I'm sure there are many illegal ways he could have acquired it, wouldn't it be great if they could trace the purchase back to Nancy? It would help to show some type of premeditation on her part, even if she had some excuse for why she bought it.

I was thinking about the stun gun that the charging documents state was used on Jaycee. I'm guessing that since PG was a parolee that he wouldn't have been able to purchase it himself (Is that correct?), and though I'm sure there are many illegal ways he could have acquired it, wouldn't it be great if they could trace the purchase back to Nancy? It would help to show some type of premeditation on her part, even if she had some excuse for why she bought it.

It sure would show premeditation! I was trying to think of where they could have bought one around here. The most obvious place would be Hogan's in Pleasant Hill. It closed a few years back but it was the store most people went to for military, sporting and self-defense merchandise.

I'm surprised it was legal to purchase without at least taking a class first. Back in 83 I took a class in Pleasant Hill for mace and got a "lifetime certificate" to buy and carry it.

http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/story/2321800.html

New lawyer appointed for Nancy Garrido

sstanton@sacbee.com
Published: Thursday, Nov. 12, 2009 - 1:49 pm

A judge in Placerville this morning appointed a veteran defense attorney to represent accused kidnapper Nancy Garrido on an interim basis, apparently rejecting her first attorney's request that he be reinstated.

The move, outlined in court documents that indicate the order was issued this morning, makes Stephen A. Tapson of Placerville her court-appointed lawyer at least until a Nov. 30 hearing on the matter is held.

Reached at his office this afternoon, Tapson confirmed that he had been appointed but declined to comment further, other than to say "I don't know but we'll see" when asked if he wanted to stay on as Garrido's defense lawyer.

Garrido's previous court-appointed attorney, Gilbert Maines, was removed by Judge Douglas Phimister last week in a closed hearing after the judge received "confidential information," court records state. Maines has not responded to a request for comment.

The nature of the confidential information and the reason for Maines' removal is not explained in the documents, which note that records of the hearing were sealed.

But court documents filed today indicate that the judge had received an envelope from Maines on Tuesday marked "Confidential Eyes Only Hon. Judge D. Phimister from G. E. Maines."

The documents also indicated the judge had read a memo and declaration from Maines and apparently denied his request to continue as Garrido's lawyer.

Instead, Phimister appointed Tapson and indicated he had informed the El Dorado County Jail of the change so Tapson could contact Garrido there.

Garrido, 54, is accused along with her husband, Phillip, 58, of kidnapping 11-year-old Jaycee Lee Dugard in 1991 when she was 11 and holding her captive for 18 years.

Both defendants have pleaded not guilty to rape, kidnap and other charges that could send them to prison for life.

Well, that is interesting, the terminology changed from "confidential evidence" to "confidential information". Probably what they meant to say in the first place. Maines asking to be reinstated....makes me lean toward PG involvement after all.

This must be other confidential 'stuff' since it was Tuesday?

But court documents filed today indicate that the judge had received an envelope from Maines on Tuesday marked "Confidential Eyes Only Hon. Judge D. Phimister from G. E. Maines."

Makes me wonder if Maines was giving info to the judge indicating Phillip's involvement?

This must be other confidential 'stuff' since it was Tuesday?

Makes me wonder if Maines was giving info to the judge indicating Phillip's involvement?

Or could it have to do with Patricia?

Maybe it had to do with psychological assessment, that would be my next guess. Either she wouldn't do it or she did it and didn't want him to use it?

Since Maines' strategy was to say she was controlled by Garrido and one of his victims, maybe she decided she didn't want that strategy or refused to cooperate with a psychological assessment.

Has anything been said yet about separate trials and who would go on trial first?

I'm trying to think, is there any disadvantage to Garrido to prove Nancy incompetent (is that two double negatives?)? In other words, would Garrido want Nancy to be found NOT to be his victim. Ok, yes, I guess he would?

Heck, I'm having a difficult time because every time I think Phillip is involved my mind starts wondering what kind of twisted strategy he would be promoting.

No, like Nancy giving Maines evidence that PG and Patricia were partners in holding Jaycee.

Slightly OT...
Barzee expected to plead guilty in Elizabeth Smart kidnapping

http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_13800284

Dora Corbett, Barzee's 88-year-old mother, said Monday that she's not surprised her daughter is taking responsibility for her actions.

Corbett said she has not talked specifically with Barzee about the federal plea bargain and how long of a prison sentence it recommends but said "she expects to be there the rest of her life."

So, hopefully that means the same+ for Nancy who was involved much longer (and, this was a guilty plea w/ a plea bargain although federal).

What would be the point of doing a plea deal if you expect to be in prison for the rest of your life? You might as well just plead guilty and be done with it. A deal implies she would be getting something in return, but what?

No, it would have been Nancy's request to have him removed, and the reasons why. As her lawyer, he would have been obliged to deliver it to the judge even if he didn't want to be removed (which he apparently doesn't).

No, it would have been Nancy's request to have him removed, and the reasons why. As her lawyer, he would have been obliged to deliver it to the judge even if he didn't want to be removed (which he apparently doesn't).

I was talking about the "confidential information" having something to do with Patricia's involvement with PG keeping Jaycee locked up. I didn't mean Patricia had something to do with Nancy having Maines removed.

Why is there such a minimal amount of information available about NG? It's very peculiar. We know SO little about her. We've only heard her voice, IIRC, once in the 911 calls about PF. Some sources have described her mannerisms, but I don't remember seeing her ever being quoted by anyone, not even PF. Her testimony is absolutely ABSENT from I.G. Shaw's report.

The media has talked, briefly, with NG's brothers, but where are her parents, other family members, high school chums, etc.? Have we ever been able to establish where she even attended school? Was she ever married before? How was it verified that these men were her brothers? Wikipedia provides a little background info on PG, but barely any on NG. Her background on Wikipedia begins with the date and location in which she was born and then skips to when she meets PG in Leavenworth. Nothing in between. [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Jaycee_Lee_Dugard[/ame]

She just seems to appear in PG's life and in the health care community as a quiet little mouse around 1980. Like she just dropped out of NOWHERE and into PG's lap. Why does the media not research her more? Why do they not look into her past further? You would think, after all this time and along with all of the other information that has been obtained, there would be more out there about NG. I'm sure they have much easier access to a lot more resources than I or most of us do. What's with all the secrecy surrounding NG? Was she a gift to PG from her "uncle"? Is it possible that she spent her childhood in some sort of captivity, as well? Why don't we know more about her uncle and what he was incarcerated for? He's the connection between P&NG, he's the origin. It just seems like these are things that someone would be looking into and reporting on. JMO
I'm sorry for rambling, but I was just sitting here thinking about it and realized how bizarre it really is.

Why is there such a minimal amount of information available about NG? It's very peculiar. We know SO little about her. We've only heard her voice, IIRC, once in the 911 calls about PF. Some sources have described her mannerisms, but I don't remember seeing her ever being quoted by anyone, not even PF. Her testimony is absolutely ABSENT from I.G. Shaw's report.

The media has talked, briefly, with NG's brothers, but where are her parents, other family members, high school chums, etc.? Have we ever been able to establish where she even attended school? Was she ever married before? How was it verified that these men were her brothers? Wikipedia provides a little background info on PG, but barely any on NG. Her background on Wikipedia begins with the date and location in which she was born and then skips to when she meets PG in Leavenworth. Nothing in between. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Jaycee_Lee_Dugard

She just seems to appear in PG's life and in the health care community as a quiet little mouse around 1980. Like she just dropped out of NOWHERE and into PG's lap. Why does the media not research her more? Why do they not look into her past further? You would think, after all this time and along with all of the other information that has been obtained, there would be more out there about NG. I'm sure they have much easier access to a lot more resources than I or most of us do. What's with all the secrecy surrounding NG? Was she a gift to PG from her "uncle"? Is it possible that she spent her childhood in some sort of captivity, as well? Why don't we know more about her uncle and what he was incarcerated for? He's the connection between P&NG, he's the origin. It just seems like these are things that someone would be looking into and reporting on. JMO
I'm sorry for rambling, but I was just sitting here thinking about it and realized how bizarre it really is.

if there is background like the things you just suggested im sure the defense will bring it up, at sentecing at the least.
its very possible she's just as sick and twisted as garrido. Michelle Michard was noo shrinking violet in the face of her boyfriends crimes for example.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammi Toxic
Back