Nancy Grace 10/9 Thurs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe not, but it could very well help determine Caylee's KILLER.
I really think the only reason why they were asking for his DNA is because his hair was found in the car that once was his, but now held the decomposing body of his niece.
LE needs to do a detailed and complete analysis of every bit of trace evidence in that car for crissakes.
This family needs to stop turning a blind eye to reality and get on with the grieving process.
This beautiful child deserves Justice...no matter what the cost.

Actually, there was an article on then net not too long ago discussing concerns that not enough markers were being used when running through large DNA databases for random matches. Seems we're a bit less unique than first thought. I don't recall who published.

See - they'd match me with some serial killer and before I could defend myself my street would be blocked with protesters and people all over the internet would be talking about the size of my butt.

Possibly, and LE has it so I don't see the problem. Everyone got what they wanted.

True, but he's not being very cooperative in the investigation of his neice. I honestly think it makes LA look suspect. I think LA needs an attorney personally.

If you give it willingly you can denote what it can be used for. If they get a warrant they can do anything they want with it. I can guarantee you they have already run it though all their open crimes databases.

No, they have to specify very clearly in a warrant exactly what they want the DNA for and it can only be used for that purpose.

I wouldn;t think she would have to testify would she?

That's right... she can plead the 5th... they cannot force her to testify in the GJ... OR the trial.

I am wondering if LE take a sample of your dna does it go into some type of database? Would LA be concerned with what would happen to his DNA, not just with assisting in this thing with KC but maybe he is responsible for other illegal things that may have DNA involved.

See - they'd match me with some serial killer and before I could defend myself my street would be blocked with protesters and people all over the internet would be talking about the size of my butt.

OMG did you see Chilly's big ole' butt? Definitely should have thought twice about those pants.:blowkiss:

I would do that. I also would freely give my DNA to identify my child or grandchild. But in a situation where time is not of the essence, I 'd ask for a warrant for my own protection.

I'm with you on this one Chilly. I would also have my own attorney present. But I would do the polygraph and give the DNA. IIRC, Mark Klass had his attorney present. His attorney recommened he not do the poly, but Mark did it anyway because he wanted LE to be able to move past him.

Your comments about why LA may have changed his tune are interesting. I have been wondering why, after he was so helpful in the beginning, he is so reluctant to help now. I think your explanation is a very good one.

Salem

Lee did have the car before casey did. So of course i would think his hair would probably be in there.

I am wondering if LE take a sample of your dna does it go into some type of database? Would LA be concerned with what would happen to his DNA, not just with assisting in this thing with KC but maybe he is responsible for other illegal things that may have DNA involved.

Oh boy, there's a can o' worms..with this family who the heck knows, right?

No, they have to specify very clearly in a warrant exactly what they want the DNA for and it can only be used for that purpose.

Not in this state. If they have to get a warrant it will say "for identification" and that is all. If you give it willingly, it has an area you can fill in for what it can be used. My brother is an attorney and he tells his clients to go ahead and give it rather than wait for the warrant because they are going to get it whether you want to give it or not and by doing it willingly you can limit it's use.

Honestly, I don't even know, but with the luck I've had lately my DNA would match that of some serial killer or something.

I think Lee started out being very cooperative with LE but when they refused to talk to Cindy or do anything about the protesters I think he started getting a little hot under the collar. I think, like any son would, he had a very difficult time seeing the protesters yell foul things to Cindy. My sons would have went OFF big time if they'd seen me treated that way. I hate to even imagine it. I think Lee feels LE didn't work with the family, so he's not going to work with them.

If he has nothing to hide then why not take the polygraph test and hand over the DNA tests. Period. This behavior is what makes protesters mad and it is what is keeping the story live in the media. :bang: Not happy with LE? fine. Not happy with the media? fine... but keep in mind you are not doing this for LE or the media but for Caylee. Just for Caylee. Let LE make the determination of what is useful or not. Unless he has reason to believe the baby is dead and that the results won't help the sister then I don't see the point for turning them down. Well ok one more reason would be he does not care for Caylee, but I think that would be a :stretch: and am just going to leave it at that.

I know it was George but I thought Lee was there & they gave 2 different versions of the Gas can incident

I could swear I read a statement from Lee about KC throwing the Gas cans at George.

Does anyone else remember that?

I don't recall Lee being there. I thought the difference in the two stories was because George told Lee the story and the story that Lee told LE varied as the retelling of a story often does.

Not in this state. If they have to get a warrant it will say "for identification" and that is all. If you give it willingly, it has an area you can fill in for what it can be used. My brother is an attorney and he tells his clients to go ahead and give it rather than wait for the warrant because they are going to get it whether you want to give it or not and by doing it willingly you can limit it's use.

Now there's an interesting tid bit..please tell me LA just shot himself in the foot by being a b*tch and making LE do it the hard way. As I've said from the get go, LA needs to hire an attorney.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003
Back