Nancy Grace 9-2-08 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the video where Cindy is hammering in the No Trespass signs, a reporter asks her what Tim is going to do when he arrives.

Her response is "I don't know what I'm going to have him do."

She thought Tim would be her puppet on a string, completely controllable. Yes, I very much agree with you.

At this point, justice for Cindy would be for LE to back off completely, and let her run the investigation, since she KNOWS EVERYTIHING. I think she'd be in for a rather rude awakening. Let her conduct all the searches. It doesn't matter if one person shows up or 10,000. She ISN"T searching so why should anyone else. Guess she never heard of leading by example. Let her find Zanny the Nanny who does NOT exist. She has NIO IDEA what LE has done. So how can she even begin to say they aren't doing anything? Please, media, do not give her a microphone anymore. Or her spokesperson. Or anyone associated with that whacky family.

I haven't judged Cindy for her actions. I try to understand what the family is doing, find the motivation, interpret it -- and then walk away for it. The family is struggling with difficult moral, ethical and legal issues that seem to be in conflict. I wouldn't want to be in their position. I understand entirely how their actions would seem improper to the nation watching. But I'm not so convinced that no one else would do the same thing. I just don't know, one way or the other.

From a purely logical basis, it's not so unreasonably bizarre for them to sacrifice their granddaughter's proper burial if they truly believe that doing so might add 20 years of freedom to Casey's life. Or 40 years. From their perspective, this is a purely private family matter and they could care less that others might think that the central focus in what remains of this unfolding tragedy is Caylee's proper burial.

The problem with that logic is that this is NOT a private matter nor does Cindy have the right to decide weather or not Caylee has a proper burial.

It is our right as a civilized society to DEMAND that she does.

I Don't get it, Blink's got the flu, what did I miss- what is the rationale behind no general thread anyone know? Is it slowing the site down or clogging the "drain"?

Awww, Blinky. I'm sure Nancy Grace hopes you feel better soon. As do I.

(feeble attempt to console a friend and stay on topic)

I think an unintended consequence of removing the general discussion threads is the possibility that every thread at some point will turn into a general discussion thread.

I don't like the general thread removal. This case is so complex, so rambling, that it's unreasonable to be expected to stay on one discrete topic. One topic leads to several others in half a breath.

Take this thread for example -- The Nancy Grace Thread. The NG show discusses numerous topics concerning the case. And those topics inevitability lead to other topics. It's not very difficult to discuss this case in general terms under the guise of the NG show.

And then there are those posts that must encompass more than one topic in order to make any sense... posts that would lose meaning if broken up in order to comply with posting on narrow issues in narrowly defined threads. There should be some more flexibility.

That's not logical or acceptable. IMO.

It may not be acceptable to you, or me, or to law enforcement. But what about the logic? Who's to say what is or isn't logical to the Anthony family?

It may not be acceptable to you, or me, or to law enforcement. But what about the logic? Who's to say what is or isn't logical to the Anthony family?

Alot of people have their own logic. But it's against the logic and acceptance of society and they wind up in jail. I'm sure Ted Bundy had his own logic too.

IMO, everyone is going crazy starting a thread for every little thought and feeling about this case. I've also found numerous duplicate threads all meaning the same thing, just the title is a little different.

Tell me about it. :rolleyes:
To stay on topic :crazy:, so how about that NG show last night? I actually wish NG wouldn't even bother trying to get Cindy to explain herself, I wish she would give her free rein to just ramble on to see what comes out of her mouth. Let her hang herself good and tight, IMO.
Lanie

Alot of people have their own logic. But it's against the logic and acceptance of society and they wind up in jail. I'm sure Ted Bundy had his own logic too.

I already said that. We seem to be talking in circles. I know what the ethics are. I'm only trying to get into the mind of the family.

And I'm not convinced that others wouldn't act the same if similarly situated. To the Anthonys, Caylee is dead. Burying her would have diminishing returns. Closure might cost their daughter another 20 or 40 years in prison. They don't want to make that trade, the same way they wouldn't spend $1,000.00 for a cheeseburger. It's all about tradeoffs.

Perhaps they have their closure, in their own sort of way. Others cremate their loved ones. Some are buried at sea. I'm not condoning anything one way or another. I'm merely trying to explain it. What's incomprehensible to me is that only a few can get their arms around this concept of parents protecting their daughter under these circumstances. It shouldn't "shock" anybody. This post isn't about right or wrong. It's about what is.

What's incomprehensible to me is that only a few can get their arms around this concept of parents protecting their daughter under these circumstances. It shouldn't "shock" anybody. This post isn't about right or wrong. It's about what is.

It's not that Cindy and George are protecting their adult daughter, it's that they are doing so at the expense of a young child they were charged with protecting.

Casey is 22. Caylee was 2.

If they want to protect the adult, they should stop speaking in public and providing LE with more avenues to follow in gathering evidence against her.

I already said that. We seem to be talking in circles.

Lol, we are. :blowkiss:

I guess it's about what's acceptable to me. Understanding why the Anthony's are the way they are IMO, doesn't make them any less responsible for their actions....or something like that.

Awww, Blinky. I'm sure Nancy Grace hopes you feel better soon. As do I.

(feeble attempt to console a friend and stay on topic)

Thanks, my dear SQ, Blinky from bed laptop here, what's hilarious is I wrote NG after shreika (credit to gigi2009) JVM was so rude last week, and I know for a fact Tim was not going to go on because of that and the producer talked him into it and then more of the same...

CA freezes my shorts and for those who know the facts of this case and how TES got involved specifically, you know she was backpedling on it last night cause she was not getting her way.

It's not that Cindy and George are protecting their adult daughter, it's that they are doing so at the expense of a young child they were charged with protecting.

If they want to protect the adult, they should stop speaking in public and providing LE with more avenues to follow in gathering evidence against her.
True dat

Thanks, my dear SQ, Blinky from bed laptop here, what's hilarious is I wrote NG after shreika (credit to gigi2009) JVM was so rude last week, and I know for a fact Tim was not going to go on because of that and the producer talked him into it and then more of the same...

CA freezes my shorts and for those who know the facts of this case and how TES got involved specifically, you know she was backpedling on it last night cause she was not getting her way.

Blink, did you see the thread for Tim's tip that was discussed yesterday afternoon? I'll go find it for you if you didn't see it. You can see where the fall out between Tim and Cindy started.

I agree. But they've rationalized everything. Caylee was theirs. It's not as if Casey was drunk driving and killed some adult stranger. Caylee is their business, not ours. Who are we to say where or whether at all, Caylee should be buried. This is their family matter. That's what they're probably thinking. Especially Casey.

I agree. But they've rationalized everything. Caylee was theirs. It's not as if Casey was drunk driving and killed some adult stranger. Caylee is their business, not ours. Who are we to say where or whether at all, Caylee should be buried. This is their family matter. That's what they're probably thinking. Especially Casey.

We are the people whose help she asked for and the voice of a baby that got stuck with that family, unfortunately.

Blink and anyone else who may be interested.

Below is a link that spells out the beginning of the end of the relationship between Tim and Cindy. You can see how Cindy used Tim and mislead him.

Possible sighting of Caylee-direct from Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70106

Blink and anyone else who may be interested.

Below is a link that spells out the beginning of the end of the relationship between Tim and Cindy. You can see how Cindy used Tim and mislead him.

Possible sighting of Caylee-direct from Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70106

Im foggy to begin with so am I supposed to repond to you on here or that thread??:confused:

We are the people whose help she asked for and the voice of a baby that got stuck with that family, unfortunately.

Well ... yes! But I never said there wouldn't be any inconsistencies to their way of thinking. Or that no one would be able to poke some holes.

I've been reading this back and forth, and I guess I don't get your point. I do understand what this family's thought processes probably are, and I also understand why so many other people don't. IMO, it's probably a good thing for society most people are shocked and apalled by the behavior they have seen from these people.
Lanie

I disagree enphaticallyh with you comment that especialaly Casey is thinking this is a family matter. Casey dioesn't give a hoot about the family. She has shown that over and over and over again. All she wants to do is get out so she can party, post on her computer sites, and seduce any man she can get within 10 feet of. I don't have enough bad words for Casey. As nicely as I can, I'll say that she only cares about herself. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back