Nancy Grace 9-2-08 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think Cindy is well aware of what she is doing and saying. I think this is all a calculated ploy by the family to discourage searches for a dead Caylee, because the family understands that the dead body might contain evidence that could put their daughter Casey behind bars for a very long time.

Cindy's actions aren't delusional, but rather the actions of someone who is willing to sacrifice Caylee's proper burial in hopes of preserving some more of Casey's freedom. It's a tradeoff. Cindy even said so early on: "I've lost one. I'm not losing another". The family still loves their daughter Casey, and in their own privacy, have forgiven her.

Cindy's not delusional.
I firmly believe this. Shame on them. They've sold out Caylee. That's a slap to the families of missing children who would give their own lives to bring their babies back safe.

I haven't judged Cindy for her actions. I try to understand what the family is doing, find the motivation, interpret it -- and then walk away for it. The family is struggling with difficult moral, ethical and legal issues that seem to be in conflict. I wouldn't want to be in their position. I understand entirely how their actions would seem improper to the nation watching. But I'm not so convinced that no one else would do the same thing. I just don't know, one way or the other.

From a purely logical basis, it's not so unreasonably bizarre for them to sacrifice their granddaughter's proper burial if they truly believe that doing so might add 20 years of freedom to Casey's life. Or 40 years. From their perspective, this is a purely private family matter and they could care less that others might think that the central focus in what remains of this unfolding tragedy is Caylee's proper burial.

When Cindy made the statement "I already lost one, I'm not losing another" had to do with the day Lee went to visit Casey at the jail and when he came out the media was all over him. Lee was speeding down the street to get away from the media.

Cindy didn't want to lose Lee in all this mess by getting in an accident with the media chasing him.

Was that the context? It's all a blur sometimes. Thank you.

(I still stand by my post though, without that quote for support).

Apparently Cindy was unaware how easy it is to look up Lee's driving record with his four speeding tickets.

I don't think peeling out of the jail parking lot, tires squealing, qualifies as being 'chased'.

We all know how Cindy thinks and how she is "unaware" of what is happening in her house OR even asks questions like "how was work today Casey, did you have a good day?" Or, "why are you borrowing money from me when you are working and I (Cindy) am paying all the bills, buying the food etc.?"

The big secret that Cindy has been making excuses and covering up for, and trying to keep anyone from realizing or confronting, for years and years is Casey. Plain and simple. My little Sociopath in the family. Cindy has known for years exactly what her daughter is. Cindy's family has known for years. But Cindy is from that generation where outside appearences matter more then internal family pain. Family issues are to remain deeply private, and out of the eyes and ears of anyone not immediate family.

Then why did she call the old friend of Casey's and warn him off her, telling him Casey was a sociopath. She didn't seem to have any qualms spilling dirty laundry to Amy, someone she apparently had just met. She even posted a blog on Myspace about it, not mentioning any names, but still.
Lanie

The sad thing here is that I think we ARE seeing their 'usual' selves. And they're not happy that we find them odious.

ITA with you. This is exactly what the problem is. I think that this we are shocked by these peoples actions and what they are saying. However it has been commented on before that it seems the Anthony's have no support system or circle of friends around to help them. I think the reason for that is The Anthony's are not well liked. Before all this happened. I think that Cindy and George both have abrasive personalities. I think America is shocked because usually we see bad things happening to good people. We just can't seem to grasp that The Anthony's don't seem to be desirable characters, especially the grandparents. I don't really know about Lee. I mean Casey seemed to have alot of friend but they were superficial friends. She doesn't seem to have many deep relationships with friends or otherwise. I mean look, this girl has been telling people about having a job and having nannies, and all this money in the bank. She had to keep people at arms length less they find out her game. Also, in Casey's case notice how most of her friends are in agreement that she is a liar and has problems but they continued to hang out with her because, IMO they didn't get that deep.

To me Cindy and George both exhibit all the signs of antisocial behavior. I also think that Cindy was a little off before all of this, and this situation hasn't helped.

Be careful this thread doesn't become a "General Discussion" otherwise we might get locked out! I'm guilty myself staying on thread topic! :(

Be careful this thread doesn't become a "General Discussion" otherwise we might get locked out! I'm guilty myself staying on thread topic! :(

Psst..... I thought that is what we were secretly trying to do. lol!!!!:woohoo::woohoo:

I think an unintended consequence of removing the general discussion threads is the possibility that every thread at some point will turn into a general discussion thread.

From a purely logical basis, it's not so unreasonably bizarre for them to sacrifice their granddaughter's proper burial if they truly believe that doing so might add 20 years of freedom to Casey's life. Or 40 years. From their perspective, this is a purely private family matter and they could care less that others might think that the central focus in what remains of this unfolding tragedy is Caylee's proper burial.

That's not logical or acceptable. IMO.

I think an unintended consequence of removing the general discussion threads is the possibility that every thread at some point will turn into a general discussion thread.

I'm too old to follow too many threads. Hurts my brain! :crazy:

That's not logical or acceptable. IMO.
I don't know that you can use the word 'logical' to refer to anything anyone in this family says or does.

I agree it's not acceptable for the grandparents - and de facto parents - of little Caylee to deliberately fail to do everything in their power to protect the interests of the baby that was under their care.

They've thrown Caylee under the bus in order to protect the adult daughter who couldn't be bothered to keep her from harm.

I'm too old to follow too many threads. Hurts my brain! :crazy:

IMO, everyone is going crazy starting a thread for every little thought and feeling about this case. I've also found numerous duplicate threads all meaning the same thing, just the title is a little different.

IMO, everyone is going crazy starting a thread for every little thought and feeling about this case. I've also found numerous duplicate threads all meaning the same thing, just the title is a little different.

I saw that too ....

Tricia, what was the reasoning behind abandoning the general discussion? It's not mentioned in the announcement.

Given the overlap of issues being discussed in this case, it was useful to have a single place to discuss the various aspects.

I think the present arrangement is going to lead to a lot of duplication as the minutiae will be discussed in multiple threads, as new topics devoted to each piece of an interlocking puzzle are created.

Tricia, what was the reasoning behind abandoning the general discussion? It's not mentioned in the announcement.

Given the overlap of issues being discussed in this case, it was useful to have a single place to discuss the various aspects.

I think the present arrangement is going to lead to a lot of duplication as the minutiae will be discussed in multiple threads, as new topics devoted to each piece of an interlocking puzzle are created.

I also think that it will stymie the conversation. It messes up the flow of ideas. I just foresee alot of stoping and starting with the new threads.

:o

ok so everytime I feel like addressing a new subject I have to go to another thread, pray somebody is there that may have an answer and wait there for somebody who does or think of something else to talk about?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back