Nancy Grace 9/8/09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think if someone was on the couch with Misty by now they would of come forward. I do think she may be hiding something, I just don't think it is that someone was there having a good old time with Misty.

Well, panthera, here's an idea why Misty would "arrange" a kidnapping of Haleigh. Maybe there was a need to make Haleigh disappear because she awoke, came into the living room and saw the "bouncing couch." And Misty feared she would tell her father what she saw.
I do believe Misty, in order to protect her relationship with Ron, would go to that extent to cover up her behavior.
jmo

I think this just sounds sooo far fetched. Even if Misty was this stupid as to think kidnapping his child was the better alternative, doubtful the family would go along with such a hairbrained scheme. If she gave Haleigh to her brother and sil - I think it was for a much much bigger reason than her screwing around - after all, she'd just spent the three days prior sleeping with another guy!

But if their numbers showed up on Mistys phone records anytime that night while she said she was sleeping or after she noticed Haleigh missing wouldnt that be probable cause to get the records for the other party - or at least a clue to request them?

They would have probable cause to get Misty and Ron's phone records, but unless there is a viable suspicion attached to the bystanders of these events they can't just pull all your phone records. They wouldn't have the probable cause for the subpoena the phone carrier would require. They could ask the "bystanders" to voluntarily provide them.

14 hours? Wow, how long was that marathon session with Misty months back?

Asking for phone records almost 7 months later? Seriously??

They would have probable cause to get Misty and Ron's phone records, but unless there is a viable suspicion attached to the bystanders of these events they can't just pull all your phone records. They wouldn't have the probable cause for the subpoena the phone carrier would require. They could ask the "bystanders" to voluntarily provide them.
LE certainly should have at the very least done that - within the first week. If someone refused, then they should have looked further to see if they could find any grounds for probable cause.

LE certainly should have at the very least done that - within the first week. If someone refused, then they should have looked further to see if they could find any grounds for probable cause.

I agree, and have to assume that they did and are now making an additional request since months have gone by.

Ron must be frantic to get her home, prayers for him while they investigate this tip! Bring HaLeigh home!

Poor HaLeigh - she disappeared from a sad & sorry situation and she'd be returned to the same sad & sorry situation and as much as I'd love for her to be alive, I don't think that's the case here and, in my own opinion, I don't think that Ronald is frantically waiting for her to come home - I do however think he may be frantically worried at this time about certain evidence surfacing surrounding her alleged "disappearance." JMO -

I would think if someone was on the couch with Misty by now they would of come forward. I do think she may be hiding something, I just don't think it is that someone was there having a good old time with Misty.

No necessarily, Busylady. Maybe that "other guy" left ASAP after being seen by Haliegh and before Misty made any arrangements for Haleigh to disappear. And, this "other guy" may be just too scared of Ron to come forward. I see Ron as a very loose cannon.

There is a $35,000 reward for information regarding Haleigh. Does anyone here sincerely believe that IF one of Misty's relatives took Haleigh and she was still alive that another one of the relatives (or anyone in the know) would not roll over for the $35,000 reward? I mean...seriously. Look at these people. They are not that "tight" as a family that $35,000 (or way less than that) would not loosen their tongues.

Poor HaLeigh - she disappeared from a sad & sorry situation and she'd be returned to the same sad & sorry situation and as much as I'd love for her to be alive, I don't think that's the case here and, in my own opinion, I don't think that Ronald is frantically waiting for her to come home - I do however think he may be frantically worried at this time about certain evidence surfacing surrounding her alleged "disappearance." JMO -

We can agree to disagree. I believe she is alive and wants to be home with Daddy and Junior. I keep praying that happens!

If I was he guy I would be more afraid of Misty telling RC - then going to the police first and letting them know. I also dont think if there was a guy and he had nothing to do with Haleigh going missing it would be a problem, now if the guy had something to do with Haleigh going missing I think RC would go looking for him.

No necessarily, Busylady. Maybe that "other guy" left ASAP after being seen by Haliegh and before Misty made any arrangements for Haleigh to disappear. And, this "other guy" may be just too scared of Ron to come forward. I see Ron as a very loose cannon.

If I was he guy I would be more afraid of Misty telling RC - then going to the police first and letting them know. I also dont think if there was a guy and he had nothing to do with Haleigh going missing it would be a problem, now if the guy had something to do with Haleigh going missing I think RC would go looking for him.

I think there would be a very large crowd looking for him!

I think there would be a very large crowd looking for him!

Looking for someone who has never been named, never acknowledged to have been in the house, and as far as anyone else knows, is only a figment of a storyline which may or may not confirm that Misty stayed at the house. Ok.

I'm wondering if Mz. Nancy has her facts straight. This is the first time I've heard that Timmy and family were staying with Tommy during the time period of the disappearance of Haleigh and also that Misty called Timmy before calling 911. She said at one point that she first called her mother, but I have not heard that again. I am sure that the sighting in MA will not be Haleigh, although I wish it were.

Well, panthera, here's an idea why Misty would "arrange" a kidnapping of Haleigh. Maybe there was a need to make Haleigh disappear because she awoke, came into the living room and saw the "bouncing couch." And Misty feared she would tell her father what she saw.
I do believe Misty, in order to protect her relationship with Ron, would go to that extent to cover up her behavior.
jmo
Oh I completely agree this would be motive to make Haleigh disappear ~ permanently. But I can't see them keeping her alive somewhere in FL until they move up to MA and her being in the WalMart. As much as I'd love for this sighting to really be Haleigh, it's just not making sense to me. There would've had to be some other way for her to get to MA and who has her now? MOO

Oh I completely agree this would be motive to make Haleigh disappear ~ permanently. But I can't see them keeping her alive somewhere in FL until they move up to MA and her being in the WalMart. As much as I'd love for this sighting to really be Haleigh, it's just not making sense to me. There would've had to be some other way for her to get to MA and who has her now? MOO

Bolded by me.

I thought the same thing when I read it also panthera.

I hope the links are up soon, I love Nancy's show
The repeat of her show is on now.

They're talking about MC's call to her brother before calling 911. Nancy's repeating that the phone call isn't "news" but the "bombshell" is the alleged sighting in MA, the same state where the brother now is.

Has Ron taken Misty to the Sheriff's Office yet? I would think he would insist she talk by now...

So RC was up all night and only got 35 min. sleep. Let's hope he was up all night begging Misty to tell him what she did with Haleigh.....

Seven months and he still believes Misty.....strange....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8