Nancy Grace America's Missing 2011-03-01

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when the word "memorial" was put in place of funeral. It was a a big deal only because a funeral would imply there was a body while memorial would not imply anything other than the victim was deceased.

This was all happening with the St. Johns search in April 2010, and shortly after LE changed it from missing person to homicide case. That leads me to believe LE told the family they should plan a memorial, if not a funeral. Sounds like funeral is Ron's word...maybe he didn't know there was a difference.

I guess I'm questioning why LE met with the family just based on SB's tip. Before actually having anything concrete to tell them.

Ron already has a "Memorial" tattoo on his leg of Haleigh so I guess he is a jump ahead of LE.

How do you know Tommys lawyers didnt lie to him and tell him he failed, just to see his reaction? I cant even begin to imagine what kind of "lawyer" sets up a test for his client, and then announces the "failed" result to ANYONE. I mean seriously, what is up with that?

If these people had money, they would not be in jail.

Yep, you're right. Usually if a private LDT is arranged by someone's attorney and the results are less than desired, the attorney keeps the results to themselves and does not broadcast them to the public. Very strange.

I remember when the word "memorial" was put in place of funeral. It was a a big deal only because a funeral would imply there was a body while memorial would not imply anything other than the victim was deceased.

This was all happening with the St. Johns search in April 2010, and shortly after LE changed it from missing person to homicide case. That leads me to believe LE told the family they should plan a memorial, if not a funeral. Sounds like funeral is Ron's word...maybe he didn't know there was a difference.

I guess I'm questioning why LE met with the family just based on SB's tip. Before actually having anything concrete to tell them.

Ronald told his lawyer, the cops basically said, plan for a funeral, I dont know anything about the memorial stuff you speak of. But when Ron did this, I found it very interesting, as I have said. I think Ron wants the relief of a funeral because he has had time to mourn and now everyone else can. I dont know, its hinky.

But this was the ONLY time cops have protested about Ronalds words.

Ronald told his lawyer, the cops basically said, plan for a funeral, I dont know anything about the memorial stuff you speak of. But when Ron did this, I found it very interesting, as I have said. I think Ron wants the relief of a funeral because he has had time to mourn and now everyone else can. I dont know, its hinky.

And they didn't even protest publicly, right? They just contacted Shoemaker and said that's not what we said.

The thing is...it was proper for LE to meet with the family to inform them they would be searching. That's a courtesy to a victim's family. However, I don't understand how LE could at that meeting tell the family Haleigh was deceased when they had no proof of that. And it seems they did tell them that because everyone came out looking somber, and Crystal left that meeting in tears and according to AH she called a friend on the phone and announced that JO had killed her baby.

That was a lot of info being given to the family by LE, just on a tip, especially prior to any action on the tip.

And they didn't even protest publicly, right? They just contacted Shoemaker and said that's not what we said.

The thing is...it was proper for LE to meet with the family to inform them they would be searching. That's a courtesy to a victim's family. However, I don't understand how LE could at that meeting tell the family Haleigh was deceased when they had no proof of that. And it seems they did tell them that because everyone came out looking somber, and Crystal left that meeting in tears and according to AH she called a friend on the phone and announced that JO had killed her baby.

That was a lot of info being given to the family by LE, just on a tip, especially prior to any action on the tip.

I will point out in LE's defense that this wasn't just a random, run of the mill tip. You had an officer of the court presenting the story, and apparently withholding key information of it's fraud. You also had a former FBI agent in the mix claiming he had solved the case. LE is supposed to be able to believe these people, but look at Werter's own press release of 4/16/2010. BOTH of these two had interviewed Tommy extensively after the test and both were certainly aware that he had miserably failed the test, yet they chose to keep that information to themselves and push the story to LE.

Hell, Steve Brown was doing a TV interview claiming HE SOLVED THE CASE practically before the first boat or diver was in the water the day the search began.

I'm not sure how LE was ever supposed to verify the veracity of that bunch of bs coming from Werter, Brown, and Croslin short of actually doing the search.

As for telling the family that Haleigh was dead? IDK, that's a tough call to balance considering the family's right to be updated regarding information received.

I have a feeling they said to Shoemaker, you correct it, or we will, take your choice.

And, I dont believe the Joe killed my baby part, if shes saying that, its because she got to talk to Ronald, because he is the only one gung ho on getting Haleigh pronounced as dead.

& unless LE just didn't care for Ron's wording, I don't understand why they felt a correction was needed. They declared Haleigh a victim of homicide, so Ron logically took it a step further...maybe LE just wanted to clear the air about them having no body. body=funeral...no body=memorial service. I'm not trying to make excuses for anyone, but here in Texas, memorial services are often referred to as funerals. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding of terms that LE felt the need to straighten out. MOO.

Week 2 Search for Haleigh - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Was looking through some older threads and found this about AS original comments. Sounds to me like Junior was the only one with food.

Good catch Titan.

Sykes remembers seeing Haleigh hours before she was abducted.

"She was sitting on the front porch when we drove up and junior was just sitting up there with a plate in the lap eating," she said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18748531/detail.html

Wonder if HE likes green beans?

& AS said, 'when we drove up'. So, who drove up with her? I'd like to hear what he/she says about who was eating what food while wearing what clothes, at what time. MOO.

Very frustrating but we haven't heard of any explanations by Annette Sykes about who was with her. However we were priviledged to hear Misty's well rehearsed summary of who dropped by with Annette Sykes during the LVA. I'll try to find it for you. I do have my own opinion but I'll keep them so I don't get into trouble.:crazy:

& AS said, 'when we drove up'. So, who drove up with her? I'd like to hear what he/she says about who was eating what food while wearing what clothes, at what time. MOO.

Dodie, I want to know too...Annette nor Teresa ever mentioned who was with Annette when she drove up.....they left it up to Misty to tell the story months later...imagine that.

I also wonder when Annette says WE drove up if maybe she meant several cars pulled up at the same time...not necessarily someone being in the car with her, kwim?

I also wonder when Annette says WE drove up if maybe she meant several cars pulled up at the same time...not necessarily someone being in the car with her, kwim?

I am sure you are right. I would bet however this was done there was someone following the car that contained Haleigh as a lookout. I am sure Annette and a few of her offspring probably helped Ronald, and I do think this all went on while Misty was in a room with Junior watching a movie because they didn't need her knowing anything either, and someone had to make sure Junior stayed in the room watching the movie. There is always a bit of truth in lies, you just have to string them together to get to some basis of truth.

I am sure you are right. I would bet however this was done there was someone following the car that contained Haleigh as a lookout. I am sure Annette and a few of her offspring probably helped Ronald, and I do think this all went on while Misty was in a room with Junior watching a movie because they didn't need her knowing anything either, and someone had to make sure Junior stayed in the room watching the movie. There is always a bit of truth in lies, you just have to string them together to get to some basis of truth.
BBM
You may be right Chablis. This could also explain what some seem to hear on the 911 from Misty saying "What did you do with her?", if that is what is actually stated by Misty. :waitasec:

Are you referring to Teresa Neves, Katrina Belcher and Donald Squires?
I personallly think all three of them know/knew what happened to Haleigh and also know/knew where her remains were placed..

Allegedly he said that. I didn't hear him say it. I don't know if Tim heard him say it. If I thought someone had harmed or killed my child, I probably would say the same thing, whether I meant it or not.

OK, so everything is FALSE or "alleged" when it comes to this case, UNLESS Teresa, Annette, or Ron state something... Then it is FACT. :floorlaugh:

If you listen to interviews Tim Miller has done in the past, Tim thinks Ron is innocent... So why would Tim Miller LIE about Ron saying that and putting the gun in his mouth, when he thinks Ron is innocent? No reason for Tim Miller to fabricate anything... Even though Teresa and Cindy Anthony would like us to believe he would.

Furthermore, Ron can't get his story straight... Ron tells the public that law enforcement is "barking up the wrong tree" and that Misty is innocent and had nothing to do with it, but when the cameras are not on him, he calls her an enemy, he threatens to kill her, etc. WHY IS THAT? Is it because she has some dirt on him? I think so.

Are you referring to Teresa Neves, Katrina Belcher and Donald Squires?
I personallly think all three of them know/knew what happened to Haleigh and also know/knew where her remains were placed..

I really doubt that. I mean what did Ron and Misty do? Call a bunch of people over to the mobile home, like a party, and let them witness the disposal of a body?

I think what is most reasonable is there are family members on both sides who have lied to protect Ron and Misty. Ron's family will lie for him, and Misty's family will lie for her. But that doesn't mean they participated in the crime or know where the body is.

It makes sense that Ron would tell Annette to lie and say she came to the home... Makes sense that Teresa may know something illegal happened, did Ron and Misty call Teresa and say "Something bad happened, get it here quick, we're about to call the cops" and then Teresa went into defensive mode defending Ron and Misty???

It makes sense that Misty/Tommy would tell their family members (Chelsea/Timmy) to cook up a story regarding Overstreet...

Both sides have obstructed justice and are guilty of hindering an investigation, etc. But doesn't mean they know the location of the body.

I think when the truth is revealed, Misty and Ron know exactly what happened. Tommy was called in for help after the fact -- and he may have been so messed up he doesn't recall exactly where he helped dispose of the body, and he doesn't know how or why Haleigh died... Then the family members on BOTH the Croslin/Cummings side went into cover up/defensive mode.

I hope LE tries to put some pressure on Annette and get her to crack. If they can get her to admit and finally confess that she didn't go to the home that night... Then we can see some action.

If I was LE, I would be focused on Annette... Annette, Annette, Annette.

I hope LE tries to put some pressure on Annette and get her to crack. If they can get her to admit and finally confess that she didn't go to the home that night... Then we can see some action.

If I was LE, I would be focused on Annette... Annette, Annette, Annette.
I've never bought her story, but I'm not so sure she's in on an active cover-up. If she changed the time of her visit, she needs to be forced to admit it, because that would change the whole timeline. Also, it's basic investigation to have a record of a victim's last meal & clothes. AS can't even help there. Haleigh was shirtless? ok...did she see or help her put on another shirt or not? Because this visit coincided with Haleigh's bedtime, that shirt is more than likely, what she would've worn to bed. According to she herself, AS is the last person besides Misty and Jr to see Haleigh...so she really needs to clear this up. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub