NANCY GRACE Friday 10/10/08

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone here wonder about TES and dealing with the Anthonys?
To clarify what I mean is, Tim has said this repeatedly that he's talked to Cindy or called Cindy. The abrupt way the search was called off. The accusation of money stolen from Caylees fund and now these meetings and the uncertainty of a search tomarrow...is Tim trying to get Cindys approval here before he starts or is there a legal problem involving attorneys etc...

I've heard before that family members have to invite him to search or at least request it...at least its what I recall from when he was first contacted to come in.

What does anyone think?

I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around the search. But i do know its raining- just dont think thats all thats going on here.

The search was called off because of the flooding. Really.

THIS time, I think LE invited TM. I don't think the family have to ask, but I think they have to have an LE report. He won't come w/o a criminal complaint.

I heard on TV that the FIRST time TM offered, on that other case, LE didn't want to work with him. Guess LE learned! Glad they are flexible enough to have changed their minds.

Interesting you use the term "walked on eggshells." That is classic sign of borderline personality. I had to read a book for a psychology class called "Walking on Eggshells."

I definitely think Cindy has BPD too. The nerve of Cindy accusing Tim stealing. WTH IS WRONG WITH THIS FAMILY?????

LOL- good catch!

"Stop Walking on Eggshells" is a fantastic read for anyone involved with a borderline. Cindy, borderline, uhyeah no doubt! What's wrong with this family? You answered your own question above LOL

Thank YOU! :) I was just going to go back through the interviews because for some reason Ryan didn't sound right either, maybe because I'd not only read it but it was on Nancy's show too and she's never mentioned him.

Have a good night everybody!

I re-read Ryan's statement and he said that he loaned Casey $400 and she never paid him back. So I stand corrected.

If Casey was in *advertiser censored*, it would be all over the internet at this point. Plus, there'd be a lot of *advertiser censored* people that would rat her out. I mean think of some fellow *advertiser censored* woman, or prostitute, or dancer, or phone sex talker, who hypothetically may have worked with Casey who sees this in the news. If such co-workers existed, there would certainly be more than one coming forward. It's not as if most *advertiser censored* workers think it's okay to murder a toddler.

I agree. Many "*advertiser censored* workers" work *advertiser censored* so they can feed their children!

oh but she DID have money....
She did not start the stealing until recently.
She had to have some money the two years previous to this spring....I doubt Cindy was giving her much.
Yes, she had some means of income.....at least some.:rolleyes:

That's not true, she started stealing years ago! Lee even admits that!

I'm a court reporter so I've seen and heard a lot of hearings and I have been horrified by his gaffs.

Wow. This is the nicest thing I have read about JB's lawyering skills. (Well...apart from his press releases and statements from his PR guy.)

Maybe this ringing endoresement should be saved for the jacket cover of the book you just know JB is hoping to write! :rolleyes:

The mention that a GJ would indict a ham sandwich is just a nice way of saying getting an indictment is fairly easy. With all of the circumstancial evidence and testimony they will indict her. I've seen people who have been indicted with less evidence by the GJ and found innocent at trial, but they were indicted nonetheless.

Wow. This is the nicest thing I have read about JB's lawyering skills. (Well...apart from his press releases and statements from his PR guy.)

Maybe this ringing endoresement should be saved for the jacket cover of the book you just know JB is hoping to write! :rolleyes:

Well, apart from the fact that I misspelled "gaffe".:eek:

But, seriously, he seems like a nice enough man. He's just out of his league this time. His inexperience is glaring.

I do remember that now - I think it was Ryan and it only happened once.

But I don't think she made a habit of doing that. People would have caught on much sooner. She stole the most from her family and then Amy, of course.

It was Jesse. She also stole from Lee and one of Lee's friends, per Lee.

We could come up with a few executive names she could use for the position........lol

She is a real looser!!!! She must of made her momma proud huh????LOL

:waitasec: I think she already advertised how good she is in the "excutive" position on her Myspace page. Least it looked like advertising to me.

The search was called off because of the flooding. Really.

THIS time, I think LE invited TM. I don't think the family have to ask, but I think they have to have an LE report. He won't come w/o a criminal complaint.

I heard on TV that the FIRST time TM offered, on that other case, LE didn't want to work with him. Guess LE learned! Glad they are flexible enough to have changed their minds.

Well thank goodness!

Why did that guy quote someone as saying the GJ would indict a ham sandwich? I guess I didn't get it.

I am just catching up with the thread and it has probably been answered but I loved the comment and I'm happy SS reiterated it:blowkiss: It got me laughing.:)

What the guy meant was simply that it is considered relatively easy to get an indictment. Those who work in the legal system are not awestruck by it...it's not cause for congrats!!! or Wow!!!super job. I mean think about it...it is the prosecution working unopposed. Quite often it is the less experienced prosecutors who put cases through the grand jury. The rules of evidence are not followed, there is no opposing counsel, and by law, there is no public audience. if they make a mistake, it is behind closed doors. It's as low pressure as it gets in criminal justice.

Sometimes, it can be embarrassing if a prosecutor doesn't get the indictment. After all, if you lose, nobody even beat you. You lost without opposition. :blush:
Hence the saying, you can indict a ham sandwich....as in it aint that hard.
:blowkiss:

That being said, it will be huge cause for celebration when Casey is indicted. (Nothing about this case is normal).
I predict an inordinate amount of HIGH FIVES! :highfive: iykwim...

Sorry if this was addressed somewhere else in this thread (I'm tired, brain is not functioning at full capacity AND I only read about every other page...) but what aggrevated (is that spelled right? crap) about the show tonight was the "breaking" news was how KC's defense "WON" a TON of motions in court today..."victories", etc...that's bologna! The Judge only granted Motions that are ALWAYS granted when it comes to discovery (for the most part)....she didn't gain anything today...she only got access to records and evidence that she was entitled to inspect anyway as a rule of law! It's just a procedural thing. Both parties are entitled to inspect/test evidence in the posession of the other side, but it's just that they have to formally "ask" the court for it so that it's on record that the other party provided it....so that at trial, they can't say they never were given a chance to inspect/test it. She made it seem like the prosecution lost today and KC amazingly had all these victories...uuuuggghhhh

Not arguing here, but Team Casey is only entitled to evidence pertaining to a crime she has already been charged with. It's easy to forget (because we've had her convicted for months...) that she has not yet been charged with anything but Child Neglect, Lying to Authorities, Misleading Authorities in and Ongoing Investigation and all the miscellaneous economic crimes associated with the stolen checks. If the prosecution didn't plan on using evidence in these cases, then they didn't have to turn it over.

Judge Strickland used his discretion to loosely connect some of the evidence to the Child Neglect charge and since it's almost a forgone conclusion that the grand jury will hand down an indictment, he took the other issues under advisement - because some will be moot once she is charged with murder and given no bail. (The sealing of her home confinement schedule, the request to travel to key points, etc.)

I don't see any of it as "big wins" for the defense - except that JB didn't bring any legal basis for his motions...but got them anyway. I know judges who would have burned his hiney big time for that and left him in tears. Judge Strickland is really patient and trying to keep this very weird case on track.

So I agree with you - but just got to the same answer by a different route. :)

Whew! Just got home!
Have I missed any bombshells???

Oh no, Jane whateverhernameis! she is obnoxious.

OUCH! I've said it before...I'll say it again...but not in JVM's voice!!!

Her voice is like a nail gun to the head...and I don't have close captioning anymore...help!

Diane Diamond is my choice for substitute! :clap:

Can't people come up with some intelligent questions? Isn't it pretty common knowledge that you can OD on chloroform and die? Are these 'plant' callers?

Lets just hope they aren't stupid enough to try the "home version." :crazy:

OUCH! I've said it before...I'll say it again...but not in JVM's voice!!!

Her voice is like a nail gun to the head...and I don't have close captioning anymore...help!

Diane Diamond is my choice for substitute! :clap:
The moment I saw she was hosting I turned it off and relied on you guys here to keep me posted. I just can't get past her voice and demeanor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalalala
Back