Nancy Grace - Mon., 1/19/2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember it. Amy either had it on her myspace or facebook, IIRC. I don't have the link, but I know we do have it on WS somewhere. LOL Good luck with that one!

I don't think Amy meant it to sound "nasty", but she was very upset at the time. I have to give her a break since she just found out she had been "robbed" by her so-called friend.

I remember it as well..she either said lost her baby or lost her kid.

But for that to work, Casey would have to have her own checking account, and I don't think she had one.

I was in banking for almost 20 years and had to testify on behalf of banks in many cases like this one. It's slam dunk, so I am puzzled by Baez' claim that he'll prove KC innocent of the check charges.
----------------
I am convinced B. thinks the entire world has no common sense! Who in their right mind is going to give someone permission to use their entire bank account! There is no proof Amy gave her a nickle I'm glad to hear this coming from you.

For the life of me, I can't see possibly how jb can defend KC on the stolen check charges. She looked mighty happen in those Target videos just shopping away. The camera caught it all....what could her defense possibly be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila View Post
Yikes............JB maintains KC is innocent in the case of stealing AH's checks, even when there's video of her shopping with AH's checks. JB says they will prove her innocence

The only thing I can think of is she is gonna say Amy gave her permission . . .

Blaise

I think I have also heard Casey try and argue that she stole money because she was "desperate and under stress" because Caylee was missing. So I could see them thinking they could mount some arguement that she HAD to steal the money because she needed it to help find Caylee. She had no choice...blah blah blah. The problem with that arguement is that she bought sunglasses, bras and beer with that money! Not a single item that would help her find Caylee.

It doesn't get much more air tight than a video of her cashing stolen checks. LOL. She is totally dead in the water. She can say Amy gave her permission, but that is not what Amy says. Plus - it isn't logical that Amy would allow her to wipe her account balance to zero to buy bras and beer for goodness sake. JB is just blowing smoke. He knows he has bigger fish to fry with the murder charge anyway. I think he would be very pleased indeed if the theft charges were all she faced!

I agree.........all KC is thinking and dreaming about is the day she walks out of jail a free person. I really think JB has told her that if she does as he says, she's going to be found not guilty and set free. I seriously doubt he's told her what they're up against and what her options are.
---------------------
Agreed! The more I read the more I am convinced KC. is not the brightest bulb.

Since they used the cooler for food, I wouldn't think people as picky as Cindy or George would put anything smelling like decomp in it to begin with...like toys. If Casey had used it for something sinister...I think it would smell (not sure they could get the smell of decomp out of a cooler) and no longer be usable so they would throw it away.

Boy...I don't know SS...remember...this is George who wears those same leather shoes without socks in the summer :rolleyes: UGH....

Did anyone catch the defense attorney's comment? Where he was answering a question and asked Nancy if she wanted him to answer as a human or a defense attorney? I lost it :clap:

I really would be afraid of an appeal if JB takes this case all the way. Hope he gets booted before the trial starts.

If JB represents her, a new trial is a given, IMO. He has not acted in his client's best interest but has acted in his own best interest.

NG still obsessed with KC's snacks. Loved it when they played KC complaining that she couldn't swallow because it hurt so much, NG said, "Well all those snacks have to be going somewhere."

Looks like NG should watch her snack intake.

I think after killing Caylee KC went into a state of self denial where she believes "the nanny" story. KC's angry self is "the nanny" KC wants to forgive herself for killing Caylee and that's why she said that.

JMO

Are you thinking a multiple personality disorder plea? This sometimes crosses my mind because I don't know how anyone-including a sociopath-could not even fake loving and caring for her missing daughter.

Sociopaths are only interested in their own well being and act accordingly but Casey is and has not acted in a way that shows concern for herself. Of course, they do love mind games and messing with people's heads, so she could be doing this but alas, not very well.

Did anyone notice on the NG show tonight that when a caller asked about the family of Caylee's father, and whether or not they could be entitled to any money from any books or whatever? NG didn't comment on Calyee's paternal family, but started talking about the money only. I've noticed before that no one seems to want to talk about the Ortiz family. Caylee is their grand child too, but there is nothing from anyone on them. Am I wrong, or has anyone else noticed that?

I'm glad you brought that up...that really bugged me. Its as if she really didn't comprehend the question. I would have liked to have heard the answer to that. I think if Caylee's dad's family were alive, they should be entitled to money made from this tragedy rather than the family that doesn't acknowledge justice for Caylee.

jb doesn't care if anyone believes he will get Kc off with the check charges. He is just biding his time till he can make some real money of his own on some side deal. it is looking more and more like ole' JB is just in it for JB.

I'm glad you brought that up...that really bugged me. Its as if she really didn't comprehend the question. I would have liked to have heard the answer to that. I think if Caylee's dad's family were alive, they should be entitled to money made from this tragedy rather than the family that doesn't acknowledge justice for Caylee.
OT: They didn't even bother to acknowledge Caylee when she was alive tho. Why should they get anything from her death? (Someone else pointed this out to me on another thread..but they do make a good point!)

jb doesn't care if anyone believes he will get Kc off with the check charges. He is just biding his time till he can make some real money of his own on some side deal. it is looking more and more like ole' JB is just in it for JB.
LOL I have never thought any different. Of course, he is just in it for himself! Even the A fam figured this one out early on according to the jail videos where they are trying to get Casey to understand it (the CEO talk and Lee's convo).

Anyone else in her circumstances would have a public defender appointed to her. She has no money. No job. No visible means of support.

Good point SS!

But I have to think weird sometimes when it comes to this case.
Not Cindy or George, but Casey using the cooler to get the toys into the back yard in one trip.

In my weird thinking, Casey looked around the garage real quick, spotted something that could drag the toys all in one trip to the back yard and thought nothing of just putting it back on her way back to the car in the driveway.

If the toys were in the back seat and the toys were plastic, they might not have absorbed as much decomp smell.
The lid of the cooler was on. The little bit of decomp smell that could have come in contact with the cooler was contained inside the cooler.
George nor Cindy had any use for that small of a cooler for 6 months. Nobody bothered with it.
The lid was on, keeping any scent inside it.

LE/FBI looking around during the search just after finding the remains, had to think diabolical, like Casey.
They took the cooler just in case 'there might be something inside to test'.

Like I said, this case has me thinking really, really weird thoughts and ideas. :)

During Cindy's interview with LE, she was talking about the missing lanyard (which supposedly had Kc's universal ID tag on it). Cindy had taken the lanyard out of Kc's car (when she was disposing of evidence) and remembered putting it next to the COOLER in the laundry room.

She said they always kept that COOLER on the dryer, and after LE left, the lanyard was gone but the COOLER was still there. She went on to say that KC couldnt have taken the lanyard because Cindy was watching her and she never went into the laundry room.

It sounded really odd how she kept mentioning that cooler, and the fact that it never moved from that spot in the laundry room.

I would also think that if Caylee's dad's family is alive, and knows she is their grand daughter, they would be livid that she is still in a cardboard box at the funeral home, with no memorial services scheduled. I think there is more about why those services have not taken place yet that we are not being told. What I am hearing sounds fishy.

I just have to say, this takes the case! I want to smack the taste out of her mouth!...sorry no more articulate comments tonite.................

Did anyone notice on the NG show tonight that when a caller asked about the family of Caylee's father, and whether or not they could be entitled to any money from any books or whatever? NG didn't comment on Calyee's paternal family, but started talking about the money only. I've noticed before that no one seems to want to talk about the Ortiz family. Caylee is their grand child too, but there is nothing from anyone on them. Am I wrong, or has anyone else noticed that?

When did you find out the name of the family Ortiz. I must have missed something as that is the first time I heard that. Is it confirmed that it is indeed the father's family. Is the father living?

I thought JO was not the father...I thought that had been established before. I don't think they know who the father is - though they could clearly perform a DNA test if someone stepped forward. I personally think the bio dad is alive, not dead. I think that was a convenient way of keeping Caylee all to themselves, with no hassles. I think their statements about that whole mess are very hinky and don't add up.

I agree with you that I think she didn't hear all of the caller question...so rather than asking her to repeat it...she just went with the money issue again. I don't know if the bio dad or his family would be entitled to the money or not. They supposedly sold pictures...which were the property of the A's. Now if you are talking about rights to use her name, or some such thing like that, I would think the bio dad/family would have the right to sue for that. But pictures Casey or Cindy took I think would be theirs to sell. JMO

If JB represents her, a new trial is a given, IMO. He has not acted in his client's best interest but has acted in his own best interest.

Looks like NG should watch her snack intake.

Are you thinking a multiple personality disorder plea? This sometimes crosses my mind because I don't know how anyone-including a sociopath-could not even fake loving and caring for her missing daughter.

Sociopaths are only interested in their own well being and act accordingly but Casey is and has not acted in a way that shows concern for herself. Of course, they do love mind games and messing with people's heads, so she could be doing this but alas, not very well.

If they are going to plead multiple personality they will have to have a Psychiatrist that will back that up and I'm sure the SA would have someone saying horse hockey to that.

When did you find out the name of the family Ortiz. I must have missed something as that is the first time I heard that. Is it confirmed that it is indeed the father's family. Is the father living?
If you will do a search, I believe you will find an entire thread on the subject. No, J.O. is deceased. No. He is not the father. Yes, we have researched it to the hilt and the family denies it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizakind