Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prospective TV movie roles for LL: Orange Is the New Black, Clueless, Jailhouse Rock, Fuller Jailhouse, Here Comes the Judge, When Calls the Court, Garage Sale Perp... I'm sure my fellow sleuthers can add to the list :D

Wentworth, Locked Up, Women in Prison, Bad Girls, Beyond Scared Straight, Lock Up Lori.

I wonder if any of these families ever even discussed what might happen if they were exposed. Seems not. Seems as though they were all just carrying on through life in the ways that one does, with too much money and a missing conscious...you want a thing, so you pay $.

I wonder if any of these families ever even discussed what might happen if they were exposed. Seems not. Seems as though they were all just carrying on through life in the ways that one does, with too much money and a missing conscious...you want a thing, so you pay $.

I also wonder if they really have any close friends. I guess I imagine their friends have similar goals, values, behaviors etc. i.e....it seems it's all about appearance, status, possessions, money, fame. material things. What an empty life really.....what about integrity, character, charity, honesty, self respect, respect for others etc. ?

Lori Loughlin's daughter has followed her lead and deleted her Instagram account amid the college admissions scam.

Isabella Giannulli has kept a low profile since the scandal involving her mum and dad, Mossimo Giannulli, made headlines last month, but now it's clear she wants to further distance herself from the drama surrounding the biggest admissions scam in US history.

It's not known when the 20-year-old deleted her profile, but a quick search of her name on the photo-sharing app comes up with a 'Sorry, this page isn't available' message.

Lori Loughlin's eldest daughter reacts to college admissions scandal

Lori Loughlin's daughter has followed her lead and deleted her Instagram account amid the college admissions scam.

Isabella Giannulli has kept a low profile since the scandal involving her mum and dad, Mossimo Giannulli, made headlines last month, but now it's clear she wants to further distance herself from the drama surrounding the biggest admissions scam in US history.

It's not known when the 20-year-old deleted her profile, but a quick search of her name on the photo-sharing app comes up with a 'Sorry, this page isn't available' message.

Lori Loughlin's eldest daughter reacts to college admissions scandal

Talk about a misleading headline, lol. She has not reacted at all, just apparently deleted her Instagram account. I guess in a way you could call that reacting, but IMO that's not what most people would get from the clickbait, uhm I mean headline. MOO

Something I have read before, and is also in this quoted link, is the following: "A lot of Olivia's friends have been telling her not to be mad at her parents since they were just trying to do the best they could for her, but she doesn't listen. Olivia feels she is the victim".

For me, this gives me more insight in how 'their circles' think and approach life. If it is at all true, because, you know, 'sources'. But if Olivia's friends are trying to tell her that her parents were just trying to do the best they could for her, they're apparently also used to this being completely normal? Break and bend the rules, break and bend the laws, life's a struggle, we're all just trying to get by? It's so insulting. Besides the fact that the best thing any parent can give their child is a straight head and some morals. But heck, that's just my opinion.

JMO

This is a good article and I don't think I've seen it posted yet. It's a breakdown of which kids may have known.

What Every Kid in the College Admissions Scandal Knew About the Scam

An excerpt from the article:

"THE HENRIQUEZES
Elizabeth and Manuel Henriquez — Manuel is the founder and CEO of a Silicon Valley hedge fund in Palo Alto — paid four separate times to manipulate exams for their two daughters.
In one instance, CW-2 sat next to the older daughter and gave her the answers while she took the test. CW-2 said that after the test, he “gloated” with the mother and daughter about how they’d cheated and gotten away with it.

The younger daughter flew from California — the family lives in Atherton, California — to Houston to take the ACT in 2016 with a proctor who “discussed answers during the exam” with her and another student.
The students were instructed to answer different questions incorrectly to avoid raising suspicion. The younger daughter later flew to Los Angeles to take the SAT subject tests at the the West Hollywood Test Center, a facility where CW-1 had a relationship with one of the test administrators, Igor Dvorskiy. (Dvorskiy, director of the West Hollywood College Preparatory School, has been indicted for accepting bribes to facilitate the scheme.) A proctor provided answers during the test. The family also bribed Gordie Ernst, the head tennis coach at Georgetown, to “recruit” their older daughter. The daughter was cc’d on emails discussing the plans."

This daughter definitely knew and had to have been 18 years old because she was initially denied in 2017 and accepted in Spring 2019:

Robert "Bob" Zangrillo, founder and CEO of a Miami-based private investment firm focused on venture capital and real estate investments, is facing federal charges in the college admissions bribery scandal.

Federal prosecutors are accusing Zangrillo, who graduated from Stanford Graduate School of Business, of conspiring to bribe athletic department officials at the University of Southern California to designate his daughter as an athletic recruit, so she could be admitted after she was rejected in 2017.

According to the criminal complaint, Zangrillo wanted Mikaela Sanford to secretly take classes on behalf of his daughter, so that the grades Sanford earned in Zangrillo's daugher's name could be submitted to USC as part of her application.

"If you can do the biology thing, just makes sure it gets done as quickly as possible, so
we have a backup plan for the conditional [acceptance to USC], and then you do the best you can to overturn the art history [grade]," Zangrillo said, according to investigator' recorded conversation.

According to an FBI Special Agent, Zangrillo's daughter submitted a transfer application February 2018 claiming that she rowed crew at a club for an average of 44 hours per week for 15 weeks per year, and that she was taking classes at a number of schools, including Santa Monica College, Rio Salado College, and the University of Colorado at Boulder.

"I will take her. You guys help us; We will help you. I’ll take her, I just need her to finish all these credits," the USC crew coach said, while agreeing to designate her as a purported recruit to the crew team, according to investigator's recorded conversation.

Investigators say the coach advocated for Zangrillo's daughter and placed her on their VIP list for transfers, and on June 14, 2018 USC admitted her as a transfer student beginning in the spring semester of 2019.

Miami developer Robert 'Bob' Zangrillo charged in college admissions scam

ZANGRILLO’s daughter inquired, in substance, what CW-1 was doing about an ‘F’ grade that she had received in an art history class she had taken. CW-1 explained that he had [arranged for someone to retake the class].’ CW-1 asked if this plan made sense. ZANGRILLO and his daughter both replied, ‘Yes.’

ZANGRILLO then inquired, in substance, whether Sanford could take his daughter’s biology class as well. Sanford replied that she was ‘happy to assist.’ ZANGRILLO added: ‘If you can do the biology thing, just makes sure it gets done as quickly as possible, so we have a backup plan for the conditional [acceptance to USC and then you do the best you can to overturn the art history grade].’

9 Revealing Moments From the College-Admissions Indictment

The sources keep on talking, here's a new defensive one, these people keep playing stupid:

Olivia and Isabella "didn't realize the extreme" lengths their parents went to get them into USC, ET's source said. They thought that the half a million dollars their parents allegedly "donated" were going to scholarships for students actually on the crew team, ET's source furthered.

How Olivia Jade Feels About Lori Loughlin and Testifying Against Her in Court

Everyday for the past few weeks, the local newspaper has several athletes on the front page signing to various colleges. NOT ONE, yes not one single academic student is featured for scholarships or acceptance into college!!! High school teachers are encouraged and at times forced to pass/change grades for athletes.

The system is broke!!! It has become a way for the rich to gain entry and athletes that can barely pass are given a full ride. All of the national sports are using colleges to feed the sport. Colleges are spending vass amounts of money on stadiums, buses, private plane trips, etc. College athletic programs are a financial loss for most colleges.

When did colleges loose site of the business of education and become the MAIN source to feed players for national sports? And NOW, the rich are using sports to gain entry into colleges.

Smart kids don't stand a chance these days!!!!

Well, that certainly clears up a lot about Miss Zangrillo, because I was wondering how art history fit into the grand scheme of things; and I was also wondering how it was possible that anyone could fail it (guess I had glossed over the transfer part).

Now I think it's extremely plausible she failed it because she never did any of the work involved (I imagine a lot of essays, as someone who took art history under an actual gallery owner and professional artist), which would fit with the rest of the picture of a spoiled kidult of entitled character.

Also, I do think it's possible for there to be a scenario where parents said to their children, "Remember Legally Blonde? We're going to do something kind of like that, where we set you up in front of this crew machine or scull. That'll make you look sporty!", and the kids bought it.

I don't think it's possible for there to be such a scenario where parents told children that, and a scenario where children knew that money was changing hands and being funneled into the crew team; so good luck with that defense, young Gianullis.

The title of this article made me chuckle, gotta love the sources:

Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli Are 'Outraged' That They're Being Called 'Cheaters': Source

“This is putting unspeakable stress on her and her family,” a source close to Loughlin tells PEOPLE. “They’re having to play this all out publicly, and they’re fair game for jokes and memes, but also outraged [by] people who are saying that they are cheaters.”

“They’re being destroyed,” the source adds.

“The idea of going to trial is terrifying for Lori,” says the source close to the actress. “Everything comes out in trial, whether or not it’s relevant to the case. She will be under a microscope, and you only have to look at the paparazzi outside the court to know that there is widespread interest in this case. She will lose every bit of her privacy, and that’s a shame. This really is a family matter.”

“They decided to roll the dice,” the source told PEOPLE last week about their decision to reject the plea deal, “and it may have been a bad gamble. Now they’re in worse shape than before.”
___

ahh, this is a "legal" source, could her lawyers be leaking info to sway the public:

Lori Loughlin 'Is Very Afraid That Her Daughters Will Have to Testify’ If She Goes to Trial: Source

“Lori is very concerned about what a trial will do to her daughters,” says the legal source. “It will undermine every accomplishment they have in the future and it will be part of their story forever.”

“It’s not in their best interest for this to go to trial, and Lori knows it. Because if it goes to trial, the girls will have to take the stand, and be cross examined by a prosecution that wants nothing more than to put a notch on their belt,” says the legal source.

The source adds, “Lori is very afraid that her daughters will have to testify. That will traumatize them even more.”

“She will continue to make a good faith effort to put this case behind her,” says the legal source, “and she hopes the prosecutors will do the same.”

Of course! It's high priced PR.

And I love how they try to spin being part of a nationwide, systemic scam that affects all sorts of applicants "a family matter."

Sure, bud.

In other news, we don't hear about the other families very much. Here's a daughter who got onto UCLA's soccer team with no experience. Poor thing actually played on the practice team a while before stopping. (Funny but she has the face of a soccer player to me!).

The parents are pivotal players in this. They are the only ones to fully cooperate with the prosecution in order to take down others, and struck deals with the Feds.

As the article shows, there's no way their daughter didn't know this was a scam. Her bio is fraudulent.

Meet The Fraudulent NCAA Women’s Soccer National Runner-Up Who Never Actually Played Soccer

This is the second of their daughters to get in via a "side door" and the parents were working on the third.

Their first choice for their daughter was USC (of course) but her application accidentally got sent into the regular admissions track:

" Hilariously, Isackson’s parents tried to get her into USC first, but a “clerical error” put her in the admissions pile with non-athletes, so she didn’t stand a chance of getting in and the family tried UCLA, with Khosroshahin reportedly passing on the fake athletic profile to Salcedo."

There's a great LA Times article about them today and their deal but you have to have a subscription. I have it in print.

ETA: Suddenly its accessible. Good article on how they're cooperating. The only ones to do so:

These wealthy parents are cooperating with prosecutors in college admissions scandal

Attachments

• IMG_1883.PNG
    IMG_1883.PNG
    180 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1884.PNG
    IMG_1884.PNG
    198.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Oh, Lori, now finger pointing your husband?!?

Lori Loughlin’s Friends ‘Don’t Like’ Her Husband Mossimo Giannulli

Is Mossimo Giannulli to blame? Amid the nationwide college admissions scandal, Lori Loughlin’s friends are pointing fingers at her husband of 21 years.

“Everyone feels bad for her,” a source saaid. “They think the situation was something concocted by her husband.”

The fashion designer has never been a favorite among her pals, according to the source: “Her friends don’t like him.”

Another college scam:

A former employee at Delaware State University allegedly took more than $70,000 in bribes to give students discounts on their tuition.

Crystal Martin, 35, who once worked as a registrar at the public university, told a court on Tuesday that she accepted money from out-of-state students to reclassify them as in-state residents.

The scheme took place between 2013 and 2017 and cost the college more than $3 million, according to prosecutors.

Martin told Delaware District Court that more than 100 students had their student status changed, and that they usually paid between $300 and $600 for the forgery.

University registrar faces 10 years in prison for involvement in college bribery scheme | Daily Mail Online

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Oh, Lori, now finger pointing your husband?!?

Lori Loughlin’s Friends ‘Don’t Like’ Her Husband Mossimo Giannulli

Is Mossimo Giannulli to blame? Amid the nationwide college admissions scandal, Lori Loughlin’s friends are pointing fingers at her husband of 21 years.

“Everyone feels bad for her,” a source saaid. “They think the situation was something concocted by her husband.”

The fashion designer has never been a favorite among her pals, according to the source: “Her friends don’t like him.”
Something like this actually occurred to me but I’m still a bit surprised to read it. Wonder who the source is.

Also, about some of their furniture being loaded into a moving van, why didn’t the paparazzi follow the van to see where it ended up? I can’t believe they didn’t.

Another college scam:

A former employee at Delaware State University allegedly took more than $70,000 in bribes to give students discounts on their tuition.

Crystal Martin, 35, who once worked as a registrar at the public university, told a court on Tuesday that she accepted money from out-of-state students to reclassify them as in-state residents.

The scheme took place between 2013 and 2017 and cost the college more than $3 million, according to prosecutors.

Martin told Delaware District Court that more than 100 students had their student status changed, and that they usually paid between $300 and $600 for the forgery.

University registrar faces 10 years in prison for involvement in college bribery scheme | Daily Mail Online

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
That makes me mad too! People: don't take bribes! Just say no.

In this case, at least it probably wasn't rich kids who weren't qualified to attend who benefited. It was likely students who couldn't afford out-of-state tuition but were indeed academically qualified. Not that it's okay.

The thing is, there is an easy way to qualify for in-state tuition - just delay attending until you fulfill the residency requirements. That's what my husband and I did for grad school - just live in the state awhile. Not that hard.

jmo

Something like this actually occurred to me but I’m still a bit surprised to read it. Wonder who the source is.

Also, about some of their furniture being loaded into a moving van, why didn’t the paparazzi follow the van to see where it ended up? I can’t believe they didn’t.
I think there is a possibility that some of the furniture in their house was staging furniture for the sale of the house. Maybe they’re trying to cut down on expenses. (Yes I watch Million Dollar Listing LA/NY on Bravo :oops:)

The sources keep on talking, here's a new defensive one, these people keep playing stupid:

Olivia and Isabella "didn't realize the extreme" lengths their parents went to get them into USC, ET's source said. They thought that the half a million dollars their parents allegedly "donated" were going to scholarships for students actually on the crew team, ET's source furthered.

How Olivia Jade Feels About Lori Loughlin and Testifying Against Her in Court
... “a prosecution that wants nothing more than to put a notch in their belt “. I could be wrong but they might want to consider a different approach than to be throwing out accusations against the prosecution. Jmo

Ugh to the photo op outside of Palm Sunday services....but also interesting in the body language - they are perfectly in sync with matching outfits, matching movements, matching smiles, turned toward each other.

I'll give them that - they are a united front as a couple facing charges.

But ugh. Looks like they are using church for PR as I doubt photographers were there without a tip.

jmo

So gross.

I hope her daughter gets great legal counsel. I feel pretty confident that the target letter is the reason that the moving truck came by. If she was my mom, I would not be within 20 miles of her. Between the leaks and the increased charges, these parents are radioactive-- everything they touch is contaminated.

I don't. I'm sure her daughter knew what was up and all of this is PR. Including the moving truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper