Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you missed it last night, Lifetime's The College Admissions Scandal will be featured tonight at 10:00PM (Eastern). I watched it last night and was not impressed: C+.

Eh. I agree a C+. I will say that Bethany Slade's (Mia Kirshner) character was a hoot.

“I’m not pleading guilty... I’m going to seek council with the balls to stand up to a lynch mob.”

“I’m going to call Ruth Madoff and figure out how she gets by... Do you know anyone who has her number?”

Today's court appearances:

Igor DVORSKIY - 10/16/19 at 10:00 am – Defendant scheduled to plead guilty before Judge Talwani. Dvorskiy is a former private school director and test administrator in Los Angeles.

Marjorie KLAPPER - 10/16/19 at 2:30 pm – Sentencing hearing before Judge Talwani. Klapper paid $15,000 to rig her son's ACT exam in 2017. She's also accused of falsely listing her son as African American and Hispanic on college applications to increase his chances of getting admitted. Klapper says the scheme's organizers listed her son as a minority without her knowledge. Her lawyers say she regrets her involvement in the scheme. Prosecutors are recommending four months in prison. Klapper's lawyers say she deserves home confinement and a $20,000 fine.

On Friday this week:
Robert FLAXMAN - 10/18/19 at 2:30 pm – Sentencing hearing before Judge Talwani.

Updates as of 10/16:

Jane BUCKINGHAM - 10/23/19 at 2:30 pm – Sentencing hearing before Judge Talwani
William Rick SINGER - 10/23/2019 at 2:00 pm – Telephone Conference with J. Zobel
Jeffrey BIZZACK - 10/30/19 at 12:00 pm – Sentencing hearing before Judge Woodlock.
Michael CENTER - 10/30/19 at 2:00 pm – Sentencing hearing before Judge Stearns.
Mark RIDDELL - 11/1/2019 at 11:00 am - Sentencing hearing before Judge Gorton.
Igor DVORSKIY - plea hearing re-scheduled for Nov. 13 at 10am.
Toby MACFARLANE - 11/13/19 at 3:00 pm – Sentencing hearing before Judge Gorton.
Jorge SALCEDO - 1/17/20 at 10:00 am – Status conference scheduled before Magistrate Judge Kelley.
Gordon ERNST - 1/17/20 at 10:00 am – Status conference scheduled before Magistrate Judge Kelley.
William FERGUSON - 1/17/20 at 10:00 am – Status conference scheduled before Magistrate Judge Kelley.
Martin FOX - 1/17/20 at 10:00 am – Status conference scheduled before Magistrate Judge Kelley.
Donna HEINEL - 1/17/20 at 10:00 am – Status conference scheduled before Magistrate Judge Kelley.
Mikaela SANFORD - 1/17/20 at 10:00 am – Status conference scheduled before Magistrate Judge Kelley.
Jovan VAVIC - 1/17/20 at 10:00 am – Status conference scheduled before Magistrate Judge Kelley.
Niki WILLIAMS - 1/17/20 at 10:00 am – Status conference scheduled before Magistrate Judge Kelley.
David SIDOO - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference.
Amy COLBURN - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference. .
Gregory COLBURN - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference.
Gamal ABDELAZIZ - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference.
Diane BLAKE - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference. .
Todd BLAKE - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference.
I-Hsin “Joey” CHEN - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference.
Mossimo GIANNULLI - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference. .
Elizabeth HENRIQUEZ - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference.
Manuel HENRIQUEZ - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference.
Douglas HODGE - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference.
Michelle JANAVS - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference.
Elisabeth KIMMEL - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference..
Lori LOUGHLIN - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference.
William McGLASHAN - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference.
Marci PALATELLA - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference.
John WILSON - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference.
Homayoun ZADEH - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference.
Robert ZANGRILLO - 1/17/20 at 11:00 am - Status conference.
Laura JANKE - 01/18/2020 at 2:30 pm – Sentencing hearing rescheduled before Judge Talwani.
Steven MASERA - 01/22/2020 at 2:30 pm – Sentencing hearing rescheduled before Judge Talwani.
Ali KHOSROSHAHIN - 01/23/2020 at 2:30 pm – Sentencing hearing rescheduled before Judge Talwani.
Davina ISACKSON - 05/21/2020 at 2:30 pm – Sentencing hearing rescheduled before Judge Saris.
Bruce ISACKSON - 05/21/2020 at 2:30 pm – Sentencing hearing rescheduled before Judge Saris.

Xiaoning Sui - 9/17/19 – Defendant arrested in Spain and pending extradition to Boston. 9/24/19 - Defendant charged by superseding indictment.

Rudolph “Rudy” MEREDITH - Pled Guilty and agreed to cooperate with the government's investigation. There is no sentencing hearing scheduled at this time.

Investigations of College Admissions and Testing Bribery Scheme

*Status Conference - Defendant is not required to attend.

Chris Villani
@ChrisVillani44

I'm now in Indira Talwani's courtroom for the sentencing of "Varsity Blues" parent Marjorie Klapper. She pled guilty to paying $15K to have her son's ACT corrected.

Chris Villani
@ChrisVillani44

AUSA Justin O'Connell argues Klapper should spend 4 months in prison, in part for using her son's disability to further the scheme. "She did not want to level the playing field, she wanted to rig the entire game."

Chris Villani
@ChrisVillani44

Through tears, Klapper apologizes to her son and says she knows what she did was wrong. "I cast a dark shadow on my family and that is not what I intended."

Chris Villani
@ChrisVillani44

Marjorie Klapper becomes the latest "Varsity Blues" parent sentenced to prison. She will spend 3 weeks behind bars for paying $15,000 to have her son's ACT corrected. She's also fined $9,500 & will perform 250 hours of community service.

Last edited:
ALREADY SENTENCED/PLED GUILTY:

John VANDEMOER - former Stanford sailing coach - pled guilty
Arranging bribes of $110,000 and $160,000 to the sailing program and then designating two applicants, who had no sailing experience, as sailing recruits.
Sentence: 1 day incarceration (deemed served); 2 years of supervised release with the first 6 months to be served in home detention; $10,000 fine

Rudolph “Rudy” MEREDITH - former soccer coach at Yale - pled guilty
Accepted bribes of almost $1,000,000 to facilitate the admission of 2 students to Yale as recruited soccer athletes.
Agreed to cooperate with the government's investigation. There is no sentencing hearing scheduled at this time.

Felicity HUFFMAN - (parent) - pled guilty
Paid $15,000 to facilitate cheating for her daughter on the SATs
Sentence: 14 days in prison; 1 year of supervised release; 250 hours of community service; $30,000 fine
She is scheduled to report to prison on Oct. 25

Devin SLOANE - (parent) - pled guilty
Funneled more than $250,000 to bribe a coach at USC; staged photos and paid to have his son's image photo-shopped into water polo pictures
Sentence: 4 months in prison; 2 years of supervised release; 500 hours of community service; $95,000 fine
The judge ordered him to report to prison Dec. 3

Gordon CAPLAN - (parent) - pled guilty
Paid $75,000 to have someone correct answers on his daughter's ACT test
Sentence: 1 month in prison; 1 year of supervised release; 250 hours of community service; $50,000 fine
He was ordered to report to prison Nov. 6.

Agustin HUNEEUS Jr. - (parent) - pled guilty
Paid $300,000 to boost his daughter’s SAT scores and to try to get her recruited as a water polo player at USC
Sentence: 5 months in prison; 2 years of supervised release; 500 hours of community service; $100,000 fine
He is scheduled to report to federal prison on Nov. 4.

Gregory ABBOTT & Marcia ABBOTT - (parents) - pled guilty
Paid $50,000 to have a test proctor correct their daughter’s ACT exam answers, along with $75,000 to rig her SAT subject tests
Sentence: Gregory: 1 month in prison; 1 year of supervised release; 250 hours of community service; $45,000 fine
Sentence: Marcia: 1 month in prison; 1 year of supervised release; 250 hours of community service; $45,000 fine

Gregory Abbott was ordered to report to federal prison Nov. 20
Marcia Abbott was ordered to report to federal prison Jan. 3.

Peter Jan SARTORIO - (parent) - pled guilty
Paid $15,000 to have a test proctor correct his daughter's answers on an ACT test
Sentence: 1 year of probation, 250 hours of community service, Fine of $9,500

Marjorie KLAPPER
- (parent) - pled guilty
Paid $15,000 to rig her son's ACT exam in 2017. She's also accused of falsely listing her son as African American and Hispanic on college applications to increase his chances of getting admitted.
Sentence: 3 weeks in prison; 250 hours of community service; $9,500 fine

I wonder how well Felicity is sleeping in 'the joint'?? Is she alone in the cell or does she have cell mates??

If she's alone, no big deal. Even with roomies, they're probably 'safe' and similar to her in 'elite-ism'.

What is with the variance in sentences? The lack of consistency makes me think that the one with the most expensive attorney wins.

Seems that the judge is actually listening to testimony, reading reports, weighing statements & information.

Welcome & refreshing!

(If you are following the Jennifer Farber case from New Canaan, Connecticut, you likely appreciate this judge!)

JMHO YMMV

Seems that the judge is actually listening to testimony, reading reports, weighing statements & information.

Welcome & refreshing!

(If you are following the Jennifer Farber case from New Canaan, Connecticut, you likely appreciate this judge!)

JMHO YMMV

They don't all have the same judge?

I wonder how well Felicity is sleeping in 'the joint'?? Is she alone in the cell or does she have cell mates??

If she's alone, no big deal. Even with roomies, they're probably 'safe' and similar to her in 'elite-ism'.

I read it is three roommates to a room and an exposed toilet. That would be humiliating using the bathroom with an audience. I suspect Felicity is keeping her head down doing what she is told and trying to get through it.

I wonder how Lori is feeling about things now she must be concerned.

I read it is three roommates to a room and an exposed toilet. That would be humiliating using the bathroom with an audience. I suspect Felicity is keeping her head down doing what she is told and trying to get through it.

I wonder how Lori is feeling about things now she must be concerned.

For sure there were three beds in the cell, she could be in there alone though. Cosby is in his own cell.

Lori is off to yoga classes and trying to live in denial. Good luck with that.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MZ_Iwin