Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly thought she had acted out about not getting the holiday weekend off to go to the beach with friends. I hope she is reunited with family & friends in a healthy manner. May God bless Allison.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I was following the case and thinking suicide as well. Glad to see this outcome. She was found only a few miles from me. Since I never saw this on the news here, I assume she either came in voluntarily or an observant member of LE ran her car license. I don't see this coming in from a tip.

Yep. I run everything as "credit" on my debit card. My credit union advised me to do that because there are limits on how many debit purchases we can make on any given day and also because it will be covered if I go over my balance, as in it will be just like any other credit card charge.
I bank with a credit union as well!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thank goodness. Do we know yet if this was a voluntary disappearance vs foul play being involved? I've been worried she was snatched by someone. I hope not.

I honestly thought she had acted out about not getting the holiday weekend off to go to the beach with friends. I hope she is reunited with family & friends in a healthy manner. May God bless Allison.

How did you know about this? I
don't remember anything re this.
Wow.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If this is a repeat, please forgive.

This report from the Raleigh, NC, News & Observer says she was found by police.

Missing RDU Starbucks employee ‘found alive’ in Va. Beach

By Abbie Bennett
abennett@newsobserver.com
RALEIGH
Allison Cope was found alive Saturday night by Virginia Beach police, according to a news release from RDU.
No other information was immediately available.

Thank goodness. Do we know yet if this was a voluntary disappearance vs foul play being involved? I've been worried she was snatched by someone. I hope not.

No official word. Gut instinct is voluntarily orchestrated.

YES! So happy for Allison and her loved ones. May she get the treatment needed and live her life to the fullest. WELCOME HOME!

I really hope this wasn't an AH / Kibby type situation.

Pardon this possibly dumb question, but how far is VA beach from the airport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 yrs old is still young (IMO) and life can get frustrating and messy and some people will choose spontaneously to leave and get lost for awhile. It's not unheard of, though it's confusing when someone has been otherwise steady and predictable. People do choose to get lost for a variety of reasons, and it's not always due to mental illness. She has no responsibility to represent any issue or make any public statement and is entitled to maintain her privacy.

The reason that this hit me with such surprise is: why were they not looking in VB to begin with? Although It may not be typical of AC leaving the job like she did, it makes some sense that she'd head up that way. However, I doubt she planned it that way in advance. A sick day or 2 would have been much easier.

Her intent may well have been to check out the car for her roommates registration and then once she got to the car maybe she thought "to heck with this" and headed north.

For a 24 year old she had a very full plate. Lots of responsibilities. Probably too many. And she was probably in serious overload.

How happy I am that she was found. I would like to know the details but....will understand if
they are not forthcoming. But it does seem to me she may have been pulled in too many different directions. A person at that age may not know how to say no. Her trips may have been her way to decompress.

Anyway, it sounds like she's in the right hands now. I hope she'll have continued help to get her and keep her on the right track. (And what I mean by continued help is a professional she can talk to. Not a friend, not family but someone who has her best interests at heart.)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Roughly 200 miles...a little over 3 hour drive, 3 and a half tops. But, only about 3 hours from the Shell station she was seen at. Would have been easy to stay on US1 to Henderson, then hit I-85N and you are on your way.

After following this case intently, I'm so happy and relieved to hear Allison is safe. I hope she gets the care and comfort she needs.

It's about 3 1/2 hours from the airport. I live in VB and we fly out of Raleigh sometimes if there's a good price.

Also, for what it's worth, Sentara VB is right next door to the psychiatric hospital.

glad she has been found safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members