Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh if she was lured away ... it would be easy to make her rush out of work by calling her and pretending to be witnessing the abuse of a dog that needs help right now, etc.

Just want to add to my last post ... there are people who hate dogs, and especially pitbulls ...

I was hoping to come back today and see that she was found safe! Following.

No one has been named a POI or suspect in Allison's disappearance. Please do not sleuth Allison's family and roommate. They are considered victims unless and until LE informs us otherwise.

The only social media that can be sleuthed is Allison's and only if it is open and not a locked down account. Please do not post links to or discuss the social media postings or pages of Allison's family and friends.

Thank you!

First time poster here, so I apologize if I mess something up! I finally registered yesterday when I heard about this case, as she is local to me and I'm seriously worried. It doesn't feel right.

<modsnip>

One thing I've noticed from all of the news coverage is that there has been no mention of her family, yet her FB shows a brother and mom. Anyone else finding it odd that her family hasn't been heard from, and only her roommates have been quoted in articles?

Maybe she's just not close to them, in which case I guess it's not weird (which I get, I don't have any family so if something happened to me it would be my friends on the news, too), but still...something doesn't feel right about this whole thing.

BBM: This article mentions and quotes her mother and also mentions her brother.

http://wncn.com/2017/06/28/missing-rdu-workers-mom-heartbroken-and-overwhelmed/

My hesitation here is that if someone simply wanted to steal a car, why not just (please excuse) konk her in the head, or shoot her, leave her there, and go?

Of course, the attacker/car thief could force her into the trunk and get rid of her elsewhere. But a body is a very sticky commodity...

Let's hope she's okay and was just put out on a road somewhere.

This one is just plain odd.
I'm jumping in after only getting halfway through the thread, so if this was addressed I apologize for repeating.

When I read your post, I was already reading to see if someone said what I've been thinking.

First thought, are there any outstanding fugitives in a 20 mile radius of this airport?

Second thought, (assuming they know where her car was parked, are there any cars that haven't moved that need their trunks/back seats checked?

Her roommate said that she sent Allison a text asking if she had left something in her car. It would make sense to me that on her next break she would quickly go to her car to look for whatever it was. If she was intending it to be just a quick errand I can imagine that she may have only taken her keys and debit card (maybe intending on purchasing a fast snack on her way back ).
I keep thinking carjacking. Which in an airport would make me wonder if someone coming in from a flight could have be waiting for an opportunity to get a car or even a current or former airport employee?

What kind of security is there at RDU parking lots?
http://abc11.com/news/what-kind-of-security-is-there-at-rdu-parking-areas/2160920/

Thanks for the article *JMO*. It has been updated since I last saw it. Glad to see that she has family involved in the search and I hope her poor mom can get here to NC at some point. I can't imagine how stressful this must be on a family, especially when your daughter is missing and you're 3,000 miles away.

You are right Marble, I was only stating my opinion but as I said I don't post much and wasn't sure of the rules regarding what/who is sleuthable on here. I apologize and have deleted the post. :)

I'm just thinking out loud here. The car leaves in the middle of the afternoon. It sure seems like a distinctive car with that large Pit rescue banner on it. It just seems to me that someone would have taken a notice of it, I'm always reading bumper stickers and slogans on cars when I'm driving. But I have not heard of any public sightings of her car.

I also find myself trying to think like a carjacker. I would imagine that that kind of wrap on the back windshield is not all that involved to remove,but it seems like I would pass on a car with that kind of glaring distinction.

I am leaning toward her being the target and the taking of the car secondary. If someone saw her with her debit card (she may have had it in her pocket but I have often seen people just holding their cards in their hands as they walk through a store) and keys in her hand that might have been the motivator right there.

Throw in the possibility that she might have been in a hurry and as someone else mentioned upthread, looking for something in the console so door may have been left open which may have made her easy to overcome. Especially if she was not looking at the parking lot but at the interior of her car.

Possible ambush? This would have happened very quickly, very risky in broad daylight, with the possibility of cameras everywhere. Taser to incapacitate her immediately? Hmmmmmm. It just seems so risky. Why not do something after she came home, or after dark?

What came to mind for me was that scam where someone lets the air out of your tire, and they just happen to come by as you discover it, they offer to help you change it, next thing you know you're in the trunk (they would have to fill it or change it though), or they have a flat, (standing by a car that is not theirs that they let the air out of) and ask you to lend them a jack. They would have to know you were coming though. Or they ask you for cables, and you open the trunk. Just thoughts.

I'm a bit cloudy on the details, is her roommate also working at Starbucks? If so , why were they texting instead of talking (about the forgotten item in the car)? Just a detail that confuses me, NOT trying to sleuth the roomie.

Greetings. This is my first post, so I apologize if my comments are a bit gauche. Like some of the others in this thread, I have created my account in response to this specific disappearance.

However, these are my impressions of Allison Cope's disappearance, and my conjectures concerning the abductor (N) and details surrounding the potential encounter:

1. Cope was likely approached from the employee parking lot by N.
a. N could have observed Cope leaving her workstation after clocking out, seeing her leave behind her purse and phone. Cope was visibly carrying her keys in her hands as she rode the escalator, so anyone observing her could have deduced that she was heading towards her car. Seeing that she did not have a purse and was wearing work clothes, N could have identified her as an ideal target.
b. Following her to the car, N could have waited for Cope to access the car herself before overpowering her, reducing fingerprints being left on the outside of the car once the vehicle is discarded by N.
2. The Origins of the Abductor (N).
a. Because Cope&#8217;s vehicle, along with her person, was removed from the parking lot, it is likely that N is with her.
b. Naturally, it follows that N would have had to have found his/her way into the parking lot or airport in order to take her.
i. If N drove to the airport, then his/her car is likely still in the parking lot.
ii. If N flew into the airport, then his/her name is likely registered with the airport travel registry.
iii. If N took a taxi or Uber, then things get a bit more complicated. (Working backwards from security footage, is it possible to figure out if someone arrived at the airport but did not fly out?).
c. How did N gain access to the employee parking lot?
i. Was N already in the parking lot?
ii. Did N follow Cope to the parking lot?
iii. How was N able to access the parking lot? (Is N an employee or former employee?)
3. $23.52 Purchase made at Wake Forest gas station.
a. Cope&#8217;s roommate said this gas station would have been out of the way for her.
b. Police are unsure whether the purchase was made prior to her disappearance and just posted, or if the purchase was made after her disappearance. Updates on MSM suggest that the purchase was made on the debit card around 4:08 p.m., and that the $23.52 was the remaining money in Cope's account.
i. If the purchase was made post-disappearance, it supports the theory that Cope is being taken a greater distance by N, and that N isn&#8217;t willing to/unable to use his/her own money to make the purchase. (Is it strategic for N to use Cope&#8217;s credit card when still so close to the ground zero of the abduction?)
4. How was Cope overpowered?
a. Was Cope overpowered via chemicals? If so, then N likely did not come from the terminal, which would be a secure area. In fact, it would suggest that N was waiting outside.
b. If via force, then we&#8217;re at a loss. Was Cope taken by surprise, or did she know the attacker?
c. Did N plan to make contact with Cope in the parking lot? If so, is there an electronic record detailing the logistics of the potential encounter?
5. Why would N abduct someone from a crowded airport when everyone knows that&#8217;s where security is tightest, and cameras are everywhere?
a. Was there much planning behind the abduction?
b. Was N aware of American standards for airport security, or is N from abroad and potentially foreign?
c. Why would N attempt an abduction without his/her own vehicle or means of escape? Would N rely solely on his/her victim having a vehicle with enough gas to make a getaway? Doesn't that expose N to major maladies should something go wrong in the midst of his/her attack?

[video=youtube;d5Js9B92iug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Js9B92iug[/video]

Ok, there 'might' have been just that $23 dollars and whatever change left in that account, BUT, from my experience with debit cards, and especially with Shell stations in my area in VA, you CANNOT use the last of what balance you have. There's signs on our gas station pumps stating your bank might withhold the maximum $ which is either $50 or $75, and once your purchase clears, the rest is put back. If you have less than that amount, the transaction is declined. If you pay inside, sometimes you can get by if the cashier runs it as a credit card.

Looking at Allison's FB... she travels lots...thus spending money. Really doubt that's all the money she has/had.

Hoping she's OK.... and will be home ASAP!

I truly pray that every inch of that airport has been searched! I know the timeline is close, but I just read an article the other day that a deceased woman was found in a Walmart bathroom, and had been in there 3 days!

It doesn't look like there was enough time to injure her at the airport and hide her anywhere. If she was jumped in the parking lot, and someone then took off with her and the car, I'm going to be shocked. Seems awfully brazen for anyone to attempt, but stranger things have happened.

Scary thing is, even if she left voluntarily, anything could have happened after that wasn't voluntarily.

This just makes no sense. One would think that her car would've been found by now, or that at the very least it would be the central focus of the investigation. Meaning it would be plastered all over the news and internet with pleas for the public's help in locating it. The news clip above didn't even mention the car, when chances are if they find the car they will find her, IMO.

I've been super broke and used my debit card to get gas at Shell stations in the area many times over the years. I was definitely able to just pump the last of my money into the gas tank. It could be a bank-specific thing, but I really don't doubt that she or someone with nefarious intent was able to drain her account very easily at the gas pump. As long as they ran it as credit and entered the zip code, you're good to go.

And IMO, it seems that if someone has taken her, it's someone she knows, so they likely know her correct zip code. (Raleigh has tons of zips so it would be a hassle to try to figure out which one was hers if the bad guy/girl is responsible for the gas purchase and didn't already know it ahead of time.)

I have lurked on here before but I created an account to discuss this particular missing persons case. I live not too far from Raleigh, NC so this hits pretty close to home for me.

This whole thing just seems odd to me, esp the timeline as others have mentioned. RDU isn't a huge airport but is big enough that it seems like a mighty tight timeline for her to leave on break, make it to her car, someone possibly overcome her and take the car and possibly her as well and leave the area using her badge. But on the other hand hearing what her friends have had to say about her and looking at social media I don't see her just taking off voluntarily. Makes me wonder if perhaps she knew the abductor, if she was abducted, and was able to be quickly lured away as a result.

Other than that perhaps it was someone on an inbound plane who needed a quick getaway and saw an opportunity?

To me the fact that she left her purse and phone means she wasn't intending to be gone long and was just running out to her car for whatever reason. As far as her debit card, I know mine is almost always in my pocket so it may have already been on her or she was planning on grabbing a snack before returning to work.

I know it was mentioned earlier but I also find it odd that her coworkers didn't report her missing for 4 hours, esp. being that she was management. I can't imagine her not being back at work went unnoticed for that long.

So many questions and not a lot of answers. I hope she is found soon and is safe.

I'm a bit cloudy on the details, is her roommate also working at Starbucks? If so , why were they texting instead of talking (about the forgotten item in the car)? Just a detail that confuses me, NOT trying to sleuth the roomie.

I don't believe so. The roommate appears to be involved in the same Pit Bull Rescue but from looking at social media I haven't seen anything that suggests the roommate also works at Starbucks.

I remember that case. Jeanne Rysiewicz. I can't find a thread on her here and I am pretty sure there was one. Not really anything about her being found in the news that I can find. But I swear I read somewhere that she had joined up with a religious anti-abortion group.

https://liarcatchers.wordpress.com/tag/jeanne-rysiewicz/

Snip: "[FONT="]Edward thinks that after finding religious material in her abandoned suitcase that she might have joined a church or religious group in Texas" [/FONT]

Jeanne Rysiewicz was found alive in 2013 by what I read. I think she went away to have a baby or something like that. How odd. I looked her up after reading your comment and i actually remember her and that disappearance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member