GUILTY NC - Antoinetta McKoy, 28, & Jadon Higganbothan, 4, murdered, Durham, Oct-Dec 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am with you above re the cult....that thought immediately entered my brain as well...some type of religious group. In those photos above Jadon is very well dressed.

She's found........not only found, but went in of her own volition to let the authorities "know she's ok", but they don't have her in custody. Nor has there been word as to whether or not they held her for any period of time to question her on the whereabouts of Jadon. Beginning to wonder if that means he's one of the kids that were taken back to NC by CPS. God, I hope this little boy is ok, and the other kids that were taken back to NC are all healthy and happy too. I just don't understand why there's not more out there in the MSM about what's going on with this case. It sure is bizarre enough to be picked up!

Oh my why no news in MSM regarding this.

Higganbothan said Sisk was living with friends of relatives of her boyfriend. Many of the same people had been living in Durham previously, he said.

Durham police have searched a home at 2109 Pear Tree Lane for several days for evidence in the case. Technicians removed a box and a bag of items from the house Tuesday.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9195642/

Oh WTH

Woman sought in Teller County, missing son tied to Black Hebrews

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/missing-113743-son-county.html#ixzz1FPGKVXjt

Durham police contacted Colorado Springs police who contacted us after a female member who had left the group told them about things going on that they had witnessed — horrific things — being done to children,” he said.

“It is an active investigation in Durham and I can’t say what they are.”

Oh WTH

Woman sought in Teller County, missing son tied to Black Hebrews

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/missing-113743-son-county.html#ixzz1FPGKVXjt

Durham police contacted Colorado Springs police who contacted us after a female member who had left the group told them about things going on that they had witnessed — horrific things — being done to children,” he said.

“It is an active investigation in Durham and I can’t say what they are.”

ugh....not looking very positive for a good outcome. And, this article says his name is "Judan"? Not Jaden....

Where is the media??

some info on "Black Hebrews"
I found this interesting.
They live according to their own special rules of conduct. Polygamy is permitted and birth control is forbidden. Their leaders decree who will marry whom, performing the weddings and approving annulments.

Perhaps the other people in the home and the 9 children were on the run from North Carolina after the child abuse amongst the group was reported?

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like little Jadon ever left North Carolina.

Father Wants Answers About Missing Boy
Says Mom Didn't Report Him Missing For Months

POSTED: 10:05 pm MST March 1, 2011
UPDATED: 10:59 pm MST March 1, 2011

<snips>

Jamiel Higganbothan said he's not sure if his son is still alive.
A woman who knows Sisk, but didn't want to be identified, told KRDO Newschannel13 she has information that Sisk's new boyfriend may have killed Jadon. She also said Sisk is a member of a polygamous cult. Investigators have linked Sisk to a religious group called the Black Hebrews.

http://www.krdo.com/news/27047859/detail.html

I sure hope this woman shared whatever she knows about Sisk's bf w/ LE.

Polygamy is marrying multiple people...

Polyamory is loving multiple people...

I would be interested in knowing which one we are actually talking about here.

Many of the children were half siblings....sharing a father with multiple mothers. This definitely sounds like 1 man with a few women.

I'm just interested to know if these men actually married multiple women (which would result in charges) or if they were underage women (which would results in charges) or if they simply all lived together because they wanted to (which is not illegal.)

It sounds like they just lived together, polyamory. It refers to the woman's "boyfriend."

Regardless... it sounds like another Zahra Baker.

I really want to know when North Carolina got this report.

Was it before Jadon disappeared? If it was, how long before?

I want to know if they had a chance to prevent this.

Whatever their crazy living situation was, I'll bet they were collecting welfare. Each mom gets an EBT filled at the beginning of the month based on how may kids she has. They pool it together for the king of the house. There was a case like this in Northern California a few years back that ended very BADLY. Lots of mom's, lots of kids, one dad.

They probably got traced this way. They must have been using state aid issued for NC families in CO and not reporting a move or registering for new financial aid resources in their new state. Those agencies speak to each other. If mom has been collecting aid on a kid that isn't there, they can arrest her on that.

I think they all know what happened and left town.

Usually in missing children cases, they remove all of the children in the house. Hopefully those kids will feel safe and start talking. Authorities removed Hailey Dunn's brother from the home stating it was SOP in missing children cases.

Sadly, many states don't require the father's permission for their minor child to leave the state if you are unmarried. The mother is the automatic legal guardian. Unmarried fathers need to get parental rights filed with the courts immediately so they can have a say and the right to a visitation schedule and get that court declaration in hand. Paying child support alone to the courts doesn't protect your parental rights. The police are very helpful with that custody & visitation order in hand.

Prayers for baby Jadon.

Perhaps the other people in the home and the 9 children were on the run from North Carolina after the child abuse amongst the group was reported?

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like little Jadon ever left North Carolina.

Agree that perhaps all those from North Carolina were on the run. Went looking into this last night and believe the ones on the run were from Raleigh, Bethel, and Durham North Carolina. A myspace that would have been downright interesting was deleted by the time I got to it - cache version was still there with barebones information. This may all tie back to a person who goes by the name of "Labishop" or at least have some strong connection (actual initials are PLM).

Very fearful that little Jadon has come to great harm. Prayers for Jadon and all the other children caught up in this.

WOW, seriously, you WSers totally and completely rock! Your speculations seem to be spot on. Great job friends.

Now, where are you little cute Jadon?

Sisk hasn't been charged with any crime.

Your child is missing and it was never reported...this is not a crime? I cant wait to hear this one...:banghead:

There are cases when not reporting a crime is a crime in itself. Laws vary from state to state. But if it was a crime, it didn't happen in the area where she reported in to the police. Unless North Carolina had filed charges against her and issued a warrant for her arrest, the LE she talked to would have had no grounds whatsoever for detaining her.

Also, just because they didn't charge her now, doesn't mean they won't in the future.

I kinda think maybe she took the first opportunity she had to flee the cult and is probably in hiding.

There are cases when not reporting a crime is a crime in itself. Laws vary from state to state. But if it was a crime, it didn't happen in the area where she reported in to the police. Unless North Carolina had filed charges against her and issued a warrant for her arrest, the LE she talked to would have had no grounds whatsoever for detaining her.

Also, just because they didn't charge her now, doesn't mean they won't in the future.

I kinda think maybe she took the first opportunity she had to flee the cult and is probably in hiding.

If they do decide to charge her, I hope they do it sooner rather than later- before she has the chance to disappear again.

Prayers for little Jadon.

Man, prayers for this little dude. Rumors aren't looking too good! :(

It is not standard operating procedure to remove kids from the home when a sibling goes missing.

It is not even standard operating procedure in Texas to remove kids from the home when a sibling goes missing.

I think they removed all the children in THIS case because of the obvious circumstances. Whatever those were. But it wasn't because it was standard procedure. It's not.

Kids are often not even removed when they suspect the parent in the child's disappearance. The kids even stay most of the time when they suspect the husband killed the wife. If they are determined they will find a way to take them, but many times they don't do it until an arrest is made.

Elizabeth Smart - Utah - Missing June 5, 2002 - March 12, 2003

Destiny Norton - Utah - Missing July 16, 2006 -July 24, 2006

Elizabeth Ennen - Texas - Missing January 5, 2011 - January 24, 2011

Joshua Davis - Texas - Missing since February 4, 2011

Kyron Horman - Oregon - Missing since June 4, 2010

Lindsey Baum - Washington - Missing since June 26, 2009

Haleigh Cummings - Florida - Missing since February 10, 2009

None of these siblings were/have been removed from the home. Unless a parent was later incarcerated or later found to be unfit or unsafe (Cummings and Norton).

None were removed simply because their sibling went missing... and none this quickly.

In some cases there were other factors which would have allowed the removal of those kids due to concern for them. However, they still were not removed at the time.

There are more of course... but those are fairly recent, fairly well known cases.

Whatever their crazy living situation was, I'll bet they were collecting welfare. Each mom gets an EBT filled at the beginning of the month based on how may kids she has. They pool it together for the king of the house. There was a case like this in Northern California a few years back that ended very BADLY. Lots of mom's, lots of kids, one dad.

They probably got traced this way. They must have been using state aid issued for NC families in CO and not reporting a move or registering for new financial aid resources in their new state. Those agencies speak to each other. If mom has been collecting aid on a kid that isn't there, they can arrest her on that.

I think they all know what happened and left town.

Usually in missing children cases, they remove all of the children in the house. Hopefully those kids will feel safe and start talking. Authorities removed Hailey Dunn's brother from the home stating it was SOP in missing children cases.

Sadly, many states don't require the father's permission for their minor child to leave the state if you are unmarried. The mother is the automatic legal guardian. Unmarried fathers need to get parental rights filed with the courts immediately so they can have a say and the right to a visitation schedule and get that court declaration in hand. Paying child support alone to the courts doesn't protect your parental rights. The police are very helpful with that custody & visitation order in hand.

Prayers for baby Jadon.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/03/02/1023058/mother-found-to-be-ok-in-colo.html#

Sisk&#8217;s aunt Denise Garing said her niece moved from Colorado 2-1/2 years ago to Tennessee and then North Carolina with a man named Pete Moses and multiple women and children.

&#8220;They all had to work, because he didn&#8217;t work,&#8221; Garing said. A letter from Vania Sisk told family members to stop calling and that the group was going to move to the country and store up guns for some sort of conflict, she said.

&#8220;It didn&#8217;t sound like her,&#8221; Garing said. &#8220;It sounded like she was being dictated to write it.&#8221;

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/03/02/1023058/mother-found-to-be-ok-in-colo.html#

Sisk’s aunt Denise Garing said her niece moved from Colorado 2-1/2 years ago to Tennessee and then North Carolina with a man named Pete Moses and multiple women and children.

“They all had to work, because he didn’t work,” Garing said. A letter from Vania Sisk told family members to stop calling and that the group was going to move to the country and store up guns for some sort of conflict, she said.

“It didn’t sound like her,” Garing said. “It sounded like she was being dictated to write it.”

This would be the Labishop guy (PLM). Oh my heart is breaking for Jadon and all the other children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back