GUILTY NC - Brittany Smith, pregnant, found deceased, Wendell, 4 Feb 2021 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Transcript:
We had to meet Cody Page here because he and Smith were struggling with homelessness, he says. Smith lost herself to drugs, but she was an angel and did not deserve anything like this. It's been four days since Cody Pages girlfriend and mother of his son, Asher, was found dead. That woman was my hardest in my backbone. She was my answer to my question today. Thomas Johnson and Emily Trevathan appeared in Wake County Court. Authorities say they killed Smith and her unborn child. What do you think they did? How do you think this happened? She had a secret life, and she wouldn't keep me informed, but she was doing stuff that I didn't agree with. Page says he saw text messages between Smith and Johnson, with Johnson saying he was going to pick Smith up. That was the last time Paige saw her. Days later, Smith's body was found in a suitcase near the Noose river. The heartbreak of losing Smith was worsened by the fact that he was questioned in her death, with many on social media, initially pointing the finger at him. I love that woman from the bottom of my heart and will never home that woman. I never laid a finger on that woman to tell him my life. Page says he is currently recovering from his own addiction to drugs. He says processing the loss of Smith Ah, woman he was with for seven years is unbearable. I actually feel physical pain because my other half is gone. I'm never gonna be able to hug my baby again. And I did just speak with the Smith side of the family. They told me what is out about this case is Onley half the story. We do know Trevathan and Johnson. The suspects in this case will appear in court again next month. Deborah.
Man says he's in pain over death of longtime girlfriend, unborn son :: WRAL.com

Warrants for Johnson and Trevathan also show that Smith was six months pregnant with a boy.

“It’s safe to say that this is no accident,” said Wake County Sheriff Gerald Baker of Smith’s murder.

“No one deserves to die like that,” said Dale Williams, a friend of Smith. “Frightened, in pain, and alone.”

In the hours following the grisly discovery, Wake County Sheriff’s deputies served a search warrant on a Wendell home.

“I offered to let them in because I had nothing to hide,” said Williams.

According to Williams, deputies weren’t interested in what was inside of his home but focused outside where Smith and her boyfriend had been living in a tent for months.

“I didn’t have the means to put her up inside,” said Williams of Smith. “This certainly beats living under a bridge.”

When Smith disappeared Thursday night, Williams said her boyfriend was beside himself.

Deputies questioned the boyfriend after Smith’s disappearance, but he wasn’t considered a suspect.

Johnson and Trevathan are being held in the Wake County Detention Center without bond. They both have court appearances scheduled for Thursday afternoon.
Warrants: Murdered pregnant Wake County woman was stuffed in suitcase, thrown into Neuse River | CBS 17
It's the worst horror movie," said Tyaisha Troy-Williams, a long-time family friend of the 28-year-old mother. "I can't find a horror movie to top this because it's reality."

Troy-Williams, who is also serving as the family spokesperson, talked to ABC11 hours after two suspects went before a judge in relation to Smith's murder.
"Monsters, that's who could do that," said Brooke Pinel-Fereol, Brittany's first cousin. "Evil people. None of that should have happened to her at all. Brittany was a good person, a good mom, a good granddaughter."

Brooke said she'll remember videos of Brittany dancing and not the horrendous way deputies found her Monday morning.
'It's the worst horror movie': Family of slain Wake County pregnant woman's question why her life was taken so soon

Last edited:
Is this a video? It just takes me to a black screen.

it was a picture he posted at neuse river trail, which is where they found the suitcase. it was posted 10/2020
120839299_183150386670107_976340044216585634_o.jpg

They posted this picture on 10/3/2020. Some are intimating the crime was planned. Personally I think it's just a place they were familiar with, so they discarded the suitcase there. It looks like they went to several State Parks, there was also a post from 01/28/21 up in the mountains.

i agree w you, but how morbid it was to see it!

Secret life....sad beyond words.
Very sad. Poor Cody. In normal times I shop where he now works at least three times a week. I have friends who are his coworkers, I live only a few miles from where he was staying with Brittany. This is just awful, I hope he's able to get help so can stay clean in his grief and beyond.

Very sad. Poor Cody. In normal times I shop where he now works at least three times a week. I have friends who are his coworkers, I live only a few miles from where he was staying with Brittany. This is just awful, I hope he's able to get help so can stay clean in his grief and beyond.
That was my first thought, too, @katikaboom. Being only recently clean and sober and then to lose the woman you love and your baby would make staying clean so much harder. I pray Cody can find his way through this.

Not sure. They’re being charged with murder of an unborn baby. I don’t think they’d have a reason to test DNA, but I could be wrong.
I'm pretty sure they will perform a dna test on the baby. A good defense attorney could use unknown paternity as a basis to point to alternative suspects other than his client.

Watching Cody speak in that video broke my heart, his love for Brittany was truly genuine. Hope he channels his grief into long term sobriety.

I bet "secret life" probably means that she was still using and he wasn't. If he was really invested in his recovery and was taking it seriously, then I can totally see her trying really hard to hide it from him.

'Devastated' family of slain Wake County pregnant woman says 'senseless' violence must stop

Saying "senseless acts of violence against women have to stop," the family of a missing pregnant woman found dead near the Neuse River Trail released an emotionally charged statement Thursday calling for change and demanding justice for their loved one.

Family spokesperson Tyaisha Williams-Troy said, in part, "Someone discarded Brittany Samone Smith and her baby like they did not matter, and we want justice for all of the persons involved with the crime."

The Smith family also had harsh words for some media coverage of the case and was critical of the investigation conducted by the Wake County Sheriff's Office.
The family did express gratitude for the sheriff office's work after the body was discovered that led to the arrests.

'Devastated' family of slain Wake County pregnant woman says 'senseless' violence must stop

The two suspects, Thomas Johnson and Emmalei Trevathan, were formally charged in court Thursday. Authorities accused them of strangling Smith before stuffing her body in a purple suitcase and tossing it in the Neuse River.

A judge ordered they be held in jail without bond.

Wake County Sheriff Gerald Baker said investigators had been tracking Johnson's and Trevathan's movements across the city.

•••
Meanwhile, the Smith family is making funeral arrangements and plans to memorialize her on Wednesday.

I feel there is an awful lot more to come out in this case.

Just speculating but for the moment it sounds as if this couple were used to being "homeless". But maybe not "homeless" as we might initially imagine.

They had a very sympathetic collaborator who speaks very well about them apart from mentioning some shouting matches. They had showers and did their laundry. Boyfriend had a job, did Brittany have one too?

Family provided a heater, maybe supporting this lifestyle?

BS has two other children, where are they and with whom?

She knew she was expecting a boy in this latest pregnancy, must have had some healthcare.

Saying "senseless acts of violence against women have to stop," the family of a missing pregnant woman found dead near the Neuse River Trail released an emotionally charged statement Thursday calling for change and demanding justice for their loved one.

Family spokesperson Tyaisha Williams-Troy said, in part, "Someone discarded Brittany Samone Smith and her baby like they did not matter, and we want justice for all of the persons involved with the crime."

The Smith family also had harsh words for some media coverage of the case and was critical of the investigation conducted by the Wake County Sheriff's Office.
The family did express gratitude for the sheriff office's work after the body was discovered that led to the arrests.

Why the harsh words for the media coverage? Was her family and friends being ignored by news crews? Did the family set up a missing page for Brittany?
I don’t remember one being mentioned.

I didn’t realize she had any family other than the grandmother that gave them the space heater.
(And how would you use that without access to free power?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14
Back