GUILTY NC - Brittany Smith, pregnant, found deceased, Wendell, 4 Feb 2021 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if they thought her pregnancy was further along than it was

This is what I was thinking too; she was a tiny (4'11"), beautiful girl. 6 months along on a person of such stature may indeed look like a pregnancy further along in gestation.

What a beautiful girl Britany was. I am horrified by this. I feel terrible for her boyfriend, her family and children and her landlord - Mr. Williams too - he seems to have really cared about this couple, emphatic and compassionate of their plight.

Is this a video? It just takes me to a black screen.
120839299_183150386670107_976340044216585634_o.jpg

They posted this picture on 10/3/2020. Some are intimating the crime was planned. Personally I think it's just a place they were familiar with, so they discarded the suitcase there. It looks like they went to several State Parks, there was also a post from 01/28/21 up in the mountains.

They posted this picture on 10/3/2020. Some are intimating the crime was planned. Personally I think it's just a place they were familiar with, so they discarded the suitcase there. It looks like they went to several State Parks, there was also a post from 01/28/21 up in the mountains.
The trail is very long and goes through quite a bit of area. My SO and kids were actually on it just a few days ago, but in a slightly different county, about 10 miles from where BS's body was found. In-between the area my SO was and where her body was found, that are at least 2 large, very busy on beautiful days entrances to the bike and walking trail. My bet is they left her somewhere familiar, but it wasn't months in advance premeditated.

Thank you. Idk why I couldn't see it.

Oh man, this is not good. She had two kids already, didn’t she? This is just so sad.

I know all of us think “I would never let my family member/loved one sleep on a tent”, but what do you do when your family member/loved one WANTS to sleep on the tent? We don’t know the circumstances of her homelessness, we don’t know if family tried to help her. We don’t know if family could help her. They clearly knew she was homeless and pregnant, they clearly cared enough to get her a space heater. I’m not judging anyone. Life is HARD.

Who has custody of her kids?

I’m a bit confused, was the actual house considered a crime scene or are we just talking about the backyard? Did LE go inside?

Where is her boyfriend? Do we know if he’s alive or is he also missing?

I think this is going to be one of those cases with a bunch of twists and turns. The owner of the house seems... odd.
I agree, about not judging without knowing the circumstances. My friend has a younger brother who is homeless. Everyone in the family has reached out and given him shelter---but he has stolen from them and created chaos. He stole my friend's laptop which she needed for work, and wrote some checks to himself from her account, and stole her son's Play Station and all the games.

It kills her that he lives in a tent but it seems like it was his decision. :(

I wonder if she was making..... side money. And agreed to a couple meet up. I have no reason to say this. It's just a thought. They were in a hotel. Boyfriend was aware she was leaving with them. And I've seen too any cases of late night meetups go down like this. Im sorry for her and all who loved her. She deserved joy.

ok i think she passed long ago. this must be an anniversary date for him

Palmdale woman killed after car rear-ends big rig

shes not named in the article but read comments.

check the date on the pix

Facebook

I heard a couple of days ago that she passed in 2014. I’ve seen photos of her and she and Brittany look eerily similar. That’s where the rumor came from that Brittany and Isaac or Thomas or whatever his name is, used to date.

People are pretty unhappy with this couple and it’s probably a good thing for them that they are being held without bond. I was hoping to see their first court appearance, but haven’t run into it yet. It was yesterday.

Pregnant, homeless woman found dead in suitcase had 'secret life,' boyfriend says :: WRAL.com

RALEIGH, N.C. — Two people charged with killing a pregnant woman whose body was found in a suitcase in east Raleigh were ordered to be held without bond on Thursday.

Thomas Clayton Johnson, 37, and Emmalei Grace Trevathan, 24, were arrested during a traffic stop Wednesday afternoon. Both were charged with Smith's murder, murder of an unborn child and concealment of a body.

Brittany Smith, 28, was six months pregnant with a baby boy, according to arrest warrants. Deputies with the Wake County Sheriff's Office found Smith's body in a suitcase off Allen Drive, which is near the Neuse River, on Monday, four days after she had been reported missing.

"That woman was my heart and soul. She was my backbone. She was the answer to my question," said her boyfriend, Cody Page.

Wake County Sheriff Gerald Baker said Smith was strangled, but he declined to disclose a possible motive for her killing.

Page said Smith was involved with drugs, and there were things in her life that she kept from him.

"She had a secret life," he said. "She wouldn't keep me informed. She was doing stuff that I didn't agree with."

Page said he saw text messages between Smith and Johnson last week in which Johnson said he was going to pick Smith up. That was the last time Page saw her.

His heartbreak was only worsened when he was questioned in her death, and many people on social media pointed the finger at him.

"I love that woman from the bottom of my heart and would never harm that woman," he said. "I never laid a finger on that woman a day in my life."

Smith's family said the whole story has yet to come out.

Dale Williams had allowed the couple to live in a tent in some woods behind his house in Wendell since last summer, when they were rousted from a home where they were squatting.

The two used a space heater to stay warm inside the tent and went inside Williams' house to shower and do laundry.

Williams said he hadn't slept much since Smith went missing.

"Last night was probably the worst," he said, noting that was after authorities identified the body found in the suitcase as Smith.

He said he doesn't recognize Johnson or Trevathan, but he hopes Smith gets justice.

"I just feel bad because it’s a very sad situation," he said.

Baker said there "could be additional suspects, but we’re pretty sure we’ve got the two we need."

Page, who is recovering from his own addiction, said processing the loss of Smith, whom he had been with for seven years, is unbearable.

"I actually feel physical pain because my other half is gone," he said. "I'll never be able to hug my baby again."

ETA: The link above has a video with an interview with Cody.

Cody needs some actual professional help. I hope this is a wake up call for him. Nothing is going to bring Brittany back but he has his own children, several of them and it’s probably time he gets his life on track and be there for those kids. Brittany’s kids lost their mommy, it would be really awful if Cody’s kids lost his daddy too.

They were together for a long time and they loved each other in their own ways, so I do worry about him, since he is also an addict and is in a vulnerable position.

Cody needs some actual professional help. I hope this is a wake up call for him. Nothing is going to bring Brittany back but he has his own children, several of them and it’s probably time he gets his life on track and be there for those kids. Brittany’s kids lost their mommy, it would be really awful if Cody’s kids lost his daddy too.

They were together for a long time and they loved each other in their own ways, so I do worry about him, since he is also an addict and is in a vulnerable position.

This is exactly what I’m thinking, as well. If he doesn’t speak to a professional, I hope he can find someone who is in recovery, that he can talk to. It seems like Dale Williams would be a good person for him to talk to right now. I agree that he needs to focus on his sobriety and his kids. I hope he and her family and loved ones can find peace.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enteringnightshift
Back